Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) (75390 Views)

Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) / Soap Making Business Plan In Nigeria / Soap Making Business Training/workshop By Ihart *UPDATED* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by maebem: 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
iHart:
I built the machines myself, go through the thread to see for yourself. With the budget you have, you can start something really tangible. What you will need is a small mixer, cutting table and some moulds. I can fabricate these equipment for you and with that I will mentor you.

Hi OP, have been following your thread. With the above equipments only, will the output's quality, texture and appearance be the same as that produced with those machines you use?
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
maebem:

Hi OP, have been following your thread. With the above equipments only, will the output's quality, texture and appearance be the same as that produced with those machines you use?
You can have a good quality and even a better quality but the texture and appearance can't be compared, though you can still have something cool and smooth.
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by maebem: 9:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
iHart:
You can have a good quality and even a better quality but the texture and appearance can't be compared, though you can still have something cool and smooth.

OK. Is it possible to have those machines in smaller sizes? If yes, what is the smallest size that can be fabricated? I want to go into small scale with all necessary machines cos am concerned about the texture and appearance. I want to produce something I will appreciate and be proud of and also what will be better than those existing in my market.

1 Like

Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by Great500: 7:03am On Apr 22, 2018
iHart:
Op apart from the regular color can the soap have another colour?
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2018
maebem:

OK. Is it possible to have those machines in smaller sizes? If yes, what is the smallest size that can be fabricated? I want to go into small scale with all necessary machines cos am concerned about the texture and appearance. I want to produce something I will appreciate and be proud of and also what will be better than those existing in my market.
yes, you can have a smaller machine of about 50kg/hr. Chat me up on Whatsapp, I will send you a document to per use.
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2018
Great500:
Op apart from the regular color can the soap have another colour?
definitely, you can have another unique colour.
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 9:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
..what a wonderful Sunday evening.

let us look at my marketing strategy. With this I Will wrap up my story.

After several studies of my market zone, I discovered that most retailers and sub-distributors gets there goods from a market within the zone. So I choose the market as my primary market. I have always gone to the market to make survey. I met men and women who sell soaps in wholesale. I also met and spoke with other business men who don't sell soap. I asked them about how the get there products, the maximum and minimum cartons they sell in a month, the period of the year they record maximum sells and minimum sells, their challenges in terms of price control, competition, where many of their customers were coming from, whether they go out to meet customers (field marketing) and a lot of other thing. I was just trying to understand the market dynamics. All the men I met gave me audience but Unfortunately, no women agreed to give me audience except for one. This lady that agreed to talk to me gave me a very bad impression of the market, he fed me false information. Non of the information she gave was corroborated by others. I don't know why women are like that. sad However I went several times to the market to meet and discuss with business men. I discovered that the best time to have a good discussion with those market men is around 2pm and 4pm when market rush have reduced. Anytime before then, they will be busy with customers, and anytime after then, they are likely going to be busy taking stock and preparing to go home.

I did my home work and decided that I will have one distributor in the market, get sub I distributors outside the market and have a retail outlets in the village markets within my market zone. Village markets within my market zone are not daily markets. They open on certain days of the week, we have eke-this, orie-that, afor-this and nkwo-that. Igbos will understand what i mean. When I was ready to hit the market, I went to approach some of those people I have talked with to be my distributors. I was hit by another reality. Those distributor want to know how capable I was to supply them with stocks regularly. They also wanted a price far below what they are getting from their suppliers. They also want me to bring the products at my own cost to their shops. They also want to have free cartons for certain quantity of cartons they order. One told me to give her 50cartons extra if she buys 500 cartons. Their requests looked unrealistic. Then I remembered what the MD of "The Cooper" told me. He told me that what the distributors want is just to make more money. They don't care about your running cost, they want the best product at the cheapest price.

So I went home to re-strategize.

2 Likes

Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
...after several thoughts I came up with new plans,
I decided to be my own distributor in that market.

I also decided to continue with the sub-distributors outside the market and instead of opening the retail outlets in the village markets, I will meet and supply to the existing retailers at reduced price. Currently I have gotten five sub I distributors who are regular with demand. I have also made three retailers in Umuahia. One came from here . Hopefully before the end of next month I will float the distribution outlet in the market. Then after I will begin to consider expanding to other markets. So far it has been a journey full of experience.

We have gradually taken off, it is not easy but with time we will surely take our own share of the market.
I hope to come back after about six month or probably by the end of the year to tell you guys how I have fared in the business, challenges and way forward. I thank you all for your time and I hope you are all inspired by my story. I wish you all best as you go out to try out something for yourself. It is not going to be easy but you should not give up.

Feel from to ask your question anytime, I will be here to throw some light to as much as I can.

Remember you can contact us for your soap making machines: plodder, mixers, crutcher/amalgamator, cutting table. We also conduct soap factory setup, machine test running, training on soap making, quality control (raw material and finished product assays) and overall business consultancy.

We are also open to PARTNERSHIP, funding and sponsorship.

Also take out time to check out our other (paint) business at www.glitzalux.com and patronize us.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by edrys(m): 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2018
How were you able to source for capital for your business. From fabricating the machines/equipments, raw materials and running cost?

1 Like

Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 11:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
edrys:
How were you able to source for capital for your business. From fabricating the machines/equipments, raw materials and running cost?

like I have said earlier, I had a job as a manager in a pharmaceutical firm. The pay was small but I was able to save something. I also had other side business I do, paint production and painting, www.glitzalux.com. I also do research work ( lab protocols, result interpretation and discussion, thesis writing and article writing) mostly in the field of chemistry and metallurgical and material engineering. One other thing i missed was that When things started taking serious shape, family and friends also came in to give their own support. Thank you for checking in.
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by bilal4riid(m): 10:39am On Apr 23, 2018
iHart:

I decided to be my own distributor in that market. I also decided to continue with the sub-distributors outside the market and instead of opening the retail outlets in the village markets, I will meet and supply to the existing retailers at reduced price. Currently I have gotten five sub I distributors who are regular with demand. I have also made three retailers in Umuahia. One came from here smiley. Hopefully before the end of next month I will float the distribution outlet in the market. Then after I will begin to consider expanding to other markets. So far it has been a journey full of experience.

We have gradually taken off, it is not easy but with time we will surely take our own share of the market.

I hope to come back after about six month or probably by the end of the year to tell you guys how I have fared in the business, challenges and way forward. I thank you all for your time and I hope you are all inspired by my story. I wish you all best as you go out to try out something for yourself. It is not going to be easy but you should not give up.

Feel from to ask your question anytime, I will be here to throw some light to as much as I can.

Remember you can contact us for your soap making machines: plodder, mixers, crutcher/amalgamator, cutting table. We also conduct soap factory setup, machine text running, training on soap making, quality control (raw material and finished product assays) and overall business consultancy.

Also take out time to check out our other (paint) business at www.glitzalux.com and patronize us. Cheers

i dont fedup following this thread, i hope it continues much more, as iam gathering momentum for a soap production
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by Lifeofpolice1(m): 11:15am On Apr 23, 2018
iHart:

I decided to be my own distributor in that market. I also decided to continue with the sub-distributors outside the market and instead of opening the retail outlets in the village markets, I will meet and supply to the existing retailers at reduced price. Currently I have gotten five sub I distributors who are regular with demand. I have also made three retailers in Umuahia. One came from here smiley. Hopefully before the end of next month I will float the distribution outlet in the market. Then after I will begin to consider expanding to other markets. So far it has been a journey full of experience.

Remember you can contact us for your soap making machines: plodder, mixers, crutcher/amalgamator, cutting table. We also conduct soap factory setup, machine text running, training on soap making, quality control (raw material and finished product assays) and overall business consultancy.

Also take out time to check out our other (paint) business at www.glitzalux.com and patronize us. Cheers

I seriously love how you think like a real business man

God bless your hustle brotherly

3 Likes

Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 12:00am On Apr 24, 2018
bilal4riid:

i dont fedup following this thread, i hope it continues much more, as iam gathering momentum for a soap production
It is not ending here. I will always be around. I wish you more vigour, funds and good thoughts as you plan to venture into yours.

1 Like

Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 12:01am On Apr 24, 2018
Lifeofpolice1:
I seriously love how you think like a real business man

God bless your hustle brotherly
Thank you too. God we bless us all.
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by lovebless: 11:51am On Apr 25, 2018
God continue to bless our hustle
pls and pls I know it might be industrial secret, but kindly give us a glimpse of the production stages.
thanks
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2018
lovebless:
God continue to bless our hustle
pls and pls I know it might be industrial secret, but kindly give us a glimpse of the production stages.
thanks
nothing much about the production stages. It is just;
I. putting on safety wears
ii. preparing the raw materials
iii. boiling the soap
iv. crushing
v. plodding
vi. cutting and packaging.

at every stage there are discrete processes that are done, which are better experienced than talked about.

2 Likes

Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by selfemployed(m): 2:56pm On Apr 25, 2018
iHart:
Greetings.

I want to take out a small space here to tell the story of how I started a soap making business. The essence of this is to help those who may wish to venture into the soap business and also to inspire people to try out some entrepreneurial ventures (not necessarily soap making). I must say that many stories and individuals here have added to my inspiration. People like Cosmeticchemist, Gbadexy, O2 soap (O2 Nigeria), Blackkie (Britishknight or 1kingwriter), Jasper7, through their stories have inspired me so much into believing "I can do it if only I put my mind to it". So I wish to help and inspire more people.

In the course of this story we are going to see how I was able to get my machines, learn and start soap making business. I hope to find time to attend to every questions as much as I can. By the end of the day, depending on how it goes, we may have to conduct a live seminar for those who will want to go into small scale soap making business. If possible, we may consider creating a small group of partners and then crowd funding to help them setup and manage a tangible small scale soap making business. We will also discuss and interact with existing soap makers who are having difficulties in running there business due cost, and map out strategies to move forward effectively and efficiently.

We fabricate and install efficient soap making machines and equipment. We also manage soap making facilities on contract basis. We conduct test run for already installed machines. We train company staff on soap making. We are also open to partnership. Fill free to contact me for your enquiries on soap making business. Check my signature for my contact phone number.

Thank you.
Great

1 Like

Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by selfemployed(m): 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
iHart:
Greetings.

I want to take out a small space here to tell the story of how I started a soap making business. The essence of this is to help those who may wish to venture into the soap business and also to inspire people to try out some entrepreneurial ventures (not necessarily soap making). I must say that many stories and individuals here have added to my inspiration. People like Cosmeticchemist, Gbadexy, O2 soap (O2 Nigeria), Blackkie (Britishknight or 1kingwriter), Jasper7, through their stories have inspired me so much into believing "I can do it if only I put my mind to it". So I wish to help and inspire more people.

In the course of this story we are going to see how I was able to get my machines, learn and start soap making business. I hope to find time to attend to every questions as much as I can. By the end of the day, depending on how it goes, we may have to conduct a live seminar for those who will want to go into small scale soap making business. If possible, we may consider creating a small group of partners and then crowd funding to help them setup and manage a tangible small scale soap making business. We will also discuss and interact with existing soap makers who are having difficulties in running there business due cost, and map out strategies to move forward effectively and efficiently.

We fabricate and install efficient soap making machines and equipment. We also manage soap making facilities on contract basis. We conduct test run for already installed machines. We train company staff on soap making. We are also open to partnership. Fill free to contact me for your enquiries on soap making business. Check my signature for my contact phone number.

Thank you.

Good job

1 Like

Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by Exclusivebae(f): 4:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
selfemployed:

Good job
This is really great....Weldon Boss.
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
...planning to host some live training sections where we can have a hands-on-deck experience on soap making business. Updates will be made available soon. keep a date...
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by bilal4riid(m): 8:49am On Apr 28, 2018
iHart:
...planning to host some live training sections where we can have a hands-on-deck experience on soap making business. Updates will be made available soon. keep a date...
i hope the training will include procedure on how to source/procure all equipments.
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 10:14am On Apr 28, 2018
bilal4riid:

i hope the training will include procedure on how to source/procure all equipments.
yes, everything you will need to know will be made available at the training.
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 10:16am On Apr 28, 2018
Hopefully, update regarding the training will be made available today.
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by Exclusivebae(f): 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2018
iHart:
Hopefully, update regarding the training will be made available today.

Waiting for update ......Rep Lagos
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by Greenarrow01(m): 3:18pm On Apr 28, 2018
Waiting.
Pls op.
Quick question before you go ahead.
Living up north.. I doubt if materials will be available
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 1:21am On Apr 29, 2018
Greenarrow01:
Waiting.
Pls op.
Quick question before you go ahead.
Living up north.. I doubt if materials will be available
We have a place in Kaduna and Kano. There will be a way out if the source of raw materials is far from you.
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 1:23am On Apr 29, 2018
The training/workshop has been announced, take out time to go to the thread, make comments, ask questions and indicate your interest https://www.nairaland.com/4477835/soap-making-business-training-workshop#67116620

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by jospepper(m): 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2018
iHart:
I use chemicals. and it doesn't take long.

Picture: from left to right-palm oil, bleached palm oil and palm kernel oil.
Good evening sir, I produce soap also though not at the scale you are producing. My biggest problem is that PKO is very expensive here in Makurdi (#900 per liter), but palm oil is relatively cheap at about #530 per liter. Now the issue with PO is bleaching as it takes time, please teach me the chemical process to bleach PO. Another thing you spoke of is the use of SAP value, what is the SAP value for PO and PKO and how do you apply it so that the use of hydrometer becomes unnecessary? I tried to google the SAP values but diff websites gave diff figures. You would be helping one lazy Nigerian youth if you do me this favour. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2018
jospepper:
Good evening sir, I produce soap also though not at the scale you are producing. My biggest problem is that PKO is very expensive here in Makurdi (#900 per liter), but palm oil is relatively cheap at about #530 per liter. Now the issue with PO is bleaching as it takes time, please teach me the chemical process to bleach PO. Another thing you spoke of is the use of SAP value, what is the SAP value for PO and PKO and how do you apply it so that the use of hydrometer becomes unnecessary? I tried to google the SAP values but diff websites gave diff figures. You would be helping one lazy Nigerian youth if you do me this favour. Thanks.

Good evening Sir, its good to hear that you are a soap maker.

I am organising a workshop where everything, including bleaching and SAP value, will be explained and demonstrated. Check the thread for the training to learn more. If you can, please endeavour to attend.
Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
iHart:
The training/workshop has been announced, take out time to go to the thread, make comments, ask questions and indicate your interest https://www.nairaland.com/4477835/soap-making-business-training-workshop#67116620

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) by iHart(m): 10:52pm On May 01, 2018
iHart:
We are still seeking for partners. Feel free to call, let us discuss business.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Your Dormant Bank Account Could Put You In Trouble / How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam / Make Money Using Spells

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.