Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

"Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari (52108 Views)

Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari / Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 / "Why I Will Serve For Only One Term" - Buhari (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
We don not need his reasons o. Make e just dey go.
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by Okoyeebos: 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
Buhari's destiny is to disgrace himself. He tried 4 times to come back to disgrace himself and spoil his name but failed. Now, it is the duty of every patriotic Nigerian to ensure that Buhari is disgraced out of office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by Swissdist(f): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
Lies
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by kullozone(m): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
We all know you'll die before next year smiley
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
fxjunkie:
In saner climes, he wouldn't be qualified to run for councillor

Please which one is saner climes?
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by Asek1(m): 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
2019 beckons Na there we go know
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by san316(m): 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
May the best man win. Good luck baba buhaha
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by oruma19: 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
Sad news! O God have mercy on us, forgive our sins and deliver us from pharaoh.
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by informsuda(m): 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
why will Nigerians allow this dullard to use us do pepper soup? If we don't wake up and use and PVC come next year to spin out this incompetent then posterity and our children will never forgive us.
Pls let's wake up and vote in people who have the capability to lead us not these bunch of nincompoops.
We must have a national debate for all the candidates even at state level too. No dullard will rule us again. NEVER

Am over vex.Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by limeta(f): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
Back to duara thats if they welcome you

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by pussywounder: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
SIRKAY98:
Dear Mr.President, i dnt say u should not go 2nd term or 3rd or 4th or 5th if u still Alive

Just help solve 1point Agenda

Give us 24/7 Electricity and dont do anything Again.
is that rocket science? abeg...he should just not contest again

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by pretty16(f): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
Hmmm!
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by sokera: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
Kingpee2:
The same reason is to steal and pile up more money ....What else ?
if you don’t have any evidence to back your accusations then go and hug transformer
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by Okoyeebos: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
fxjunkie:
In saner climes, he wouldn't be qualified to run for councillor

Buhari is not fit to lead a herd of cows.

150 cows since without increase or decrease.
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by zinaunreal(m): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
yarimo:
I can see jubilation all over the country, sir carry on majority of Nigerians are happy with your style of leadership. BUHARI / OSIBANJO till 2023

This nama mai guard is now online. Who told you about nairaland?

4 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by Maziebuka01(m): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
Abi na ur village people dey call u
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by gustav25: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
Who can help me with a resident visa and permit to Finland or Canada ? There's no benefit being a Nigerian
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by 9jaArea: 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
I'm glad that he's still contesting, we need him to complete the infrastructural projects his administration has embarked on.
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by sinola(m): 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
yns4real:
President Muhammadu Buhari has formally announced his intention to seek a second term in 2019.
The president made his plan known to the National Executive Committee of the All Progressives Congress.
His office issued the statement below on the announcement giving further details on the president’s decision.

See Full statement below:

PRESIDENT BUHARI TO SEEK RE-ELECTION IN 2019

President Muhammadu Monday in Abuja declared his intention to seek re-election in 2019.

President Buhari made the declaration at a closed-door meeting of the National Executive Council of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The President said he was responding to the clamour by Nigerians to re-contest in 2019, adding that he wanted to give NEC the honour of notifying them first.

Shortly before making the declaration, the President presented a speech on the report submitted by the APC National Executive Technical Committee.

His remarks:

REMARKS BY HIS EXCELLENCY, MUHAMMADU BUHARI, PRESIDENT, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, ON THE REPORT SUBMITTED BY THE ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS NATIONAL EXECUTIVE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE 9TH APRIL, 2018

I am delighted to welcome you all to this very important meeting in the affairs of our party and our country. I want to specifically thank members of the Technical Committee for a job well done within the limited time frame.

2. It shows a great sense of commitment to the ideals of our party with a view to consolidating and positioning the party to continue delivering good governance in the overall interest of Nigerians.

3. With the present state of the party and based on the report submitted by the Technical Committee, It is important to focus on how to move the party forward by avoiding actions detrimental to the interest of the party. Considering that politics is a game of numbers, we must not be a house divided against itself and must try to note, appreciate and accommodate our differences as far as the law permits.

4. Upon my review of the Report, my position is to ensure that the party tows the path of unity, legality and cohesion and not that of division.

5. Therefore, I am stressing that we should strengthen our internal democracy by organising the Party’s Congresses and Convention where election of National Executive Committee members would be held. This will automatically end the cases filed by members seeking orders of Court compelling the party to hold its Congresses.

6. I also believe that the current executives should be free to vie for elective positions in the party if they so wish as permitted by our Party constitution.

7. However, considering the provision of Article 31(1)(iii) of the APC Constitution which requires any serving officer desirous of seeking re-election to resign from office 30 days before election, I am not sure of the practicality of present serving officers’ ability to meet this condition.

8. Accordingly, the party may consider granting waivers to party executives at all levels so that they are not disenfranchised from participating in the elections should they wish to do so, provided this does not violate our rules.

9. Necessary waiver(s) should also be extended to executives at the Ward level whose tenures may have elapsed, and indeed to anyone knocking at our doors from other political parties. This is in the spirit of the Right to Freedom of Association guaranteed by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).

10. In this circumstance, the party should officially issue a statement on the above Waivers so that our house may be full. We all must not be ignorant of the times, and the journey that is ahead of us.

11. Just like our party symbol; “the Broom,” which typifies strength in unity, let us strive to remain united in our purpose. Victory is sure by the Grace of God, and together we must continue to sanitize Nigeria’s political environment.
12. Once again, I welcome you all to this meeting with the hope that we will, in our deliberations today, conduct ourselves without rancour and promote the highest interest of the party and the nation.

Thank you.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
Media & Publicity
April 9, 2018

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/264420-why-im-running-for-second-term-buhari.html

we shall see
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by Kobicove(m): 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
You're not going for a second term...you're going back to Daura! undecided
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by ipobarecriminals: 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin baba wan give potopoto jhews hypertension.
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by sokera: 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
oruma19:
Sad news! O God have mercy on us, forgive our sins and deliver us from pharaoh.
if you are sure your PVC or a stronger candidate can kick Buhari out then it should be a good news for you ...
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by MaverickGabe95(m): 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
The President said he was responding to the clamour by Nigerians to re-contest in 2019...

which Nigerians biko����
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by kokomaster3d: 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
Hmm wahala dey for dis kantry
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by proeast(m): 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
Re.tar.ded bascard! We all know why, and that is to Islamize Nigeria but you have failed already.
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by rexlims(m): 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
Any body wishing for this govt to continue, is either a direct beneficiary or an indirect beneficiary. or else, y would people continue with is very repressive and oppressive form of government. i am not bothered, 2019 is close by. a mere declaration of interest to run or seek re-election does not guarantee victory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by SIRKAY98(m): 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
grin
pussywounder:
is that rocket science? abeg...he should just not contest again

Something can just change his mind at Die Minute. He give us 24/7 Electricty b4 he goes back to Heaven...
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by Bigframe: 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
Sai Baba you have lost already...we the masses that voted for you before we are dissapointed with your performance to say the least. We wish good life after retirement.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by KingTrollMan: 2:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
I hope he kick the bucket soon so that our country can move forward.
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by bejeria101(m): 2:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
You won't see it except God is dead
Re: "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari by Ellabae(f): 2:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
I still think Buhari will win come Nxt year. Guess many people will be shocked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Red Cross' Iron Doors Saved Abba Kyari From Death During Kuje Prison Attack / Buhari Fires 35 Aides In Osinbajo’s Office - Daily Nigerian / Comrade Adams Oshiomhole's WEDDING INVITATION!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.