Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,216 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. (1224 Views)

What Do You Think President Buhari Is Telling Osinbajo (photo) / What Do You Think President Buhari Is Viewing? (photo) / Buhari Deserves A Second Term - Billionaire Oil Tycoon, Arthur Eze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by chily11: 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2018
Over the past years, the APC-led administration has been in power in the person of Mohammed Buhari.

Here is Buhari's statement in full.

" I am delighted to welcome you all to this very important meeting in the affairs of our party and our country. I want to specifically thank members of the Technical Committee for a job well done within the limited time frame.

2. It shows a great sense of commitment to the ideals of our party with a view to consolidating and positioning the party to continue delivering good governance in the overall interest of Nigerians.

3. With the present state of the party and based on the report submitted by the Technical Committee, It is important to focus on how to move the party forward by avoiding actions detrimental to the interest of the party. Considering that politics is a game of numbers, we must not be a house divided against itself and must try to note, appreciate and accommodate our differences as far as the law permits.

4. Upon my review of the Report, my position is to ensure that the party tows the path of unity, legality and cohesion and not that of division.

5. Therefore, I am stressing that we should strengthen our internal democracy by organising the Party’s Congresses and Convention where election of National Executive Committee members would be held. This will automatically end the cases filed by members seeking orders of Court compelling the party to hold its Congresses.

6. I also believe that the current executives should be free to vie for elective positions in the party if they so wish as permitted by our Party constitution.

7. However, considering the provision of Article 31(1)(iii) of the APC Constitution which requires any serving officer desirous of seeking re-election to resign from office 30 days before election, I am not sure of the practicality of present serving officers’ ability to meet this condition.

8. Accordingly, the party may consider granting waivers to party executives at all levels so that they are not disenfranchised from participating in the elections should they wish to do so, provided this does not violate our rules.

9. Necessary waiver(s) should also be extended to executives at the Ward level whose tenures may have elapsed, and indeed to anyone knocking at our doors from other political parties. This is in the spirit of the Right to Freedom of Association guaranteed by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).

10. In this circumstance, the party should officially issue a statement on the above waivers so that our house may be full. We all must not be ignorant of the times, and the journey that is ahead of us.

11. Just like our party symbol; “the Broom,” which typifies strength in unity, let us strive to remain united in our purpose. Victory is sure by the Grace of God, and together we must continue to sanitize Nigeria’s political environment.

12. Once again, I welcome you all to this meeting with the hope that we will, in our deliberations today, conduct ourselves without rancour and promote the highest interest of the party and the nation."

From the acclaimed achievement, do you think Buhari deserves to be re-elected?.

Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by DirewolfofStark(m): 7:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
He deserves to be flogged and sent home naked to Daura.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by Mynd44: 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2018
Actually, he does not deserve to be re-elected.

But I think he will win nonetheless

5 Likes

Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by Herdsmen: 7:39pm On Apr 09, 2018
So e still get humans wey wan vote for this Dullard..
.swear
Zombieism must be real
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by TheTrueSeeker: 7:42pm On Apr 09, 2018
In other civilized clims, President @MBuhari should be tendering his unreserved apology and letter of Resignation (effective May 29 2019) and not seeking re-election...!!!

SMH for this Country...!!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by chivic(m): 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2018
The truth is how many Nigerians will not go for re-election if they where in his shoes. Power is sweet and moreover its in the black DNA to hold onto power whether you are fit for it or not.
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by Man2utd(m): 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2018
The question should be does Nigerians deserve another four years of suffering.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by eneojoedu(m): 8:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
the idiot should be slapped the number of votes he got in 2015
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by DonVikings: 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
I don't think he does. His performance has not been anywhere close to expectation. But I will still campaign for and possibly vote for him just to spite Pigs and Idiots. I want them to realise insulting people does not make you win elections.

Igbos are fools.
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by Masama: 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
No

1 Like

Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2018
YES, YES, YES
PMB1523 DESERVES A SECOND TERM
GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS HIM
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by SalamRushdie: 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2018
Hell no!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by ANIOMADEI2018: 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2018
ALMUSTAQIM:
YES, YES, YES

PMB1523 DESERVES A SECOND TERM

GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS HIM

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Share

Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by writetopoker: 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
If you think pmb doesn’t deserve a second term click like but if you think he deserves a second term click share

1 Like

Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by Omololu2121: 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2018
Buhari failed Nigerians, he does not deserve it,though he might win cause there is no serious contender
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
The issue here is that can the opposition capitalize on this from the APC?

PDP is as foolish as APC.
If Sowore can see his plans to the end, I might end up voting for him cause he's better than all of the old pigs with ugly pot bellies I'm seeing.
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
writetopoker:
If you think pmb doesn’t deserve a second term click like but if you think he deserves a second term click share
Are dy paying for "LIKES"?
The way u people hustle for it is pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by mexxmoney: 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
He doesn't deserve a second term
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by dizon: 10:02pm On Apr 09, 2018
No way!!!!
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by ANIOMADEI2018: 10:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
- All salary arrears paid up

- All contractual debts paid up

- All Pension arrears paid up

- All money owed Biafran war veterans paid off

- Almost known treasury leakages sealed up

- Treasury thieves being investigated and prosecuted

- Recession overcome within one year

- The foreign reserve keeps growing despite low oil price

- Inflation is reducing

- The Capital market rated highest globally

- The ease of doing business rated high

- Greatly reduced food import bills

- Greatly increased Internal Revenue Generation drive

- Revamped and more effective tax regime

- More efficient and more responsible Civil Service

- All Federal roads being reconstructed across the Country

- Fast rails being constructed between the state capitals

- Gas pipeline being laid from South to Abuja, Kaduna and Kano

- 13 Modular Refineries being built in ND

- Private Financing for our three Refineries being negotiated

- Private Refineries to collocate with the existing Refineries being concluded

- Influx of foreign companies increasing

- Increased investments by domestic investors

- The Electricity Generating capacity at 7000 MW

- Transmission Capacity at 7000 MW

- Distribution capacity being restructured to inject more capital and expertise

- The economy of Nigeria being Restructured from oil based to Agric, Solid Mineral and Manufacture based

- Boko Haram now a distant ding in the orchestra of general quietude

- IPOB now a mute idea ready for discussions at the right time

- Niger Delta Avengers now reduced from a movement to Madam’s Patie military wing for retaining her loot.

- Military vehicles sourced from a Nigeria car manufacturer for the first time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by Haggui: 10:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
The only thing He deserves is to be sent back to Daura in 2019
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by buhariguy(m): 10:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
Did anyone deserves to be president? Apart from buhari.
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by omohayek: 10:28pm On Apr 09, 2018
Buhari is manifestly unfit - both mentally and physically - to be re-elected in 2019. In fact, I'll go further and say that he has been unfit in both senses at the very latest since he took his first trip on "medical leave" to the UK, and if he had even an ounce of love for Nigeria, he would have quit and let Osinbajo take over, which would have given the VP a chance to correct all of the glaring economic mistakes Buhari has made during his tenure.

Unfortunately, as we can now all see, all of Buhari's claims to "patriotism" amount to nothing when compared with his true love, which is the trappings of office, most especially the excuse it provides to be jetting abroad at will to attend all sorts of events he ought to have left to his foreign minister to handle. Governance as such is of little interest to the man, and when he does bother to take an interest, his decision-making is always atrocious, based as it is on a complete lack of comprehension of even the simplest economic concepts.

All of the above would ordinarily condemn a political leader to a single term in office, but Buhari has the good fortune of a PDP "opposition" that is totally disorganized and even more discredited than he is. The gang of aging crooks who control the PDP can't see beyond their own petty squabbling to undertaking the sorts of reforms that would revitalize the party as anything more than a vehicle for ethnic resentment by certain parts of the country; the very idea of picking a young, intelligent, dynamic new leader is completely alien to the practitioners of "come and chop" politics who constitute the PDP's leadership. Buhari is therefore left without serious opposition by default, and the almost inevitable result is that he will coast to an easy, completely undeserved victory in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by buhariguy(m): 10:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
Mynd44:
Actually, he does not deserve to be re-elected.

But I think he will win nonetheless
so, who actually deserve it.
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by mikolo80: 10:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
so e get normal pesin wen wan vote for pdp?
tanoidism is real
Herdsmen:
So e still get humans wey wan vote for this Dullard..
.swear
Zombieism must be real
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by mikolo80: 10:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
TheTrueSeeker:
In other civilized clims, President @MBuhari should be tendering his unreserved apology and letter of Resignation (effective May 29 2019) and not seeking re-election...!!!

SMH for this Country...!!!
keep shaking head instead of doing your part to fix it
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by mikolo80: 10:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
chivic:
The truth is how many Nigerians will not go for re-election if they where in his shoes. Power is sweet and moreover its in the black DNA to hold onto power whether you are fit for it or not.
if you can seize power,you are fit
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by mikolo80: 10:34pm On Apr 09, 2018
yes
Man2utd:
The question should be does Nigerians deserve another four years of suffering.
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by mikolo80: 10:35pm On Apr 09, 2018
DonVikings:
I don't think he does. His performance has not been anywhere close to expectation. But I will still campaign for and possibly vote for him just to spite Pigs and Idiots. I want them to realise insulting people does not make you win elections.

Igbos are fools.
what was the expectation
to remove pdp 100% and reduce boko impact 90%
anybody expecting anything else is a dreamer
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by omohayek: 10:35pm On Apr 09, 2018
buhariguy:
so, who actually deserve it.
Someone who combines an understanding of basic economics with real "integrity" - not the kind where you promise to serve one term and then break your promise, even though you're so sick that you've spent more than a third of your first term on "medical leave" in a foreign country. I'm certain at least a few of 180 million Nigerians will meet both criteria. In fact, one such person is almost certainly Buhari's own VP, Osinbajo, who showed more drive and intelligence in the few months of Buhari's absence than your hero has shown in 3 years.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by mikolo80: 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2018
how did he fail
he removed pdp
thats why we voted for him no more no less
Omololu2121:
Buhari failed Nigerians, he does not deserve it,though he might win cause there is no serious contender
Re: Do You Think President Buhari Deserves A Re-election. by mikolo80: 10:37pm On Apr 09, 2018
kingkakaone:

Are dy paying for "LIKES"?
The way u people hustle for it is pathetic.
its a psychological phenomena
not their fault
they can't help themselves
kindda like hustling for votes
ppl like them win elections while ppl like you lament from sidelines

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Abaribe In Fresh Pepper Soup / Check What Happened To This Edo State Man Who Supports Buhari (pic) / Our Democracy Is Dying Under Buhari - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe(video,photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.