Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,361 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP (15574 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Traffic In Lagos As VP Osinbajo Visits (Photos) / Jonathan Nominates Obanikoro, Six Others As Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by bisiaet: 11:46am On May 13, 2010
Well if it's Jonathan that choosed him (Sambo) so be it because what really matter is that Jonathan nees choose someone he can work with and there will be smooth running of the government, not to create anothr Obj Atiku syndrome again whereby both accusing each other say I never knew him well he never knew me well and so on which ends up in a big mess.

I just wish Jonathan and Sambo all the best.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Mustyshika: 11:49am On May 13, 2010
im my opinion, he is not the most suitable of all for the post. for Godsake lets acknowledge people who have performed remarkably. As for when u get to Kaduna, al  you see it excessive bootlicking coupled with lesser achievements. Naija is in trouble with this kind of leaders.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by mikeoscar: 11:55am On May 13, 2010
Make sure say u go 'certified' institute.You'l get d best in Benin kingdom.LOL

If it's certified INSTITUTE of WINCHCRAFT then it's Benin Republic or Haiti lipsrsealed, grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by ADint(m): 11:57am On May 13, 2010
If Jonathan has his eyes on 2011, then this is a shrewd move. You cannot presently win the presidency in Nigeria without the support of the state Govs. So he has appeased them by choosing one of them, especially one that they are comfortable with and who is not known to be overly ambitious - but I won't be surprised if Sambo does not last long after the elections next year.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by cassidy(f): 11:58am On May 13, 2010
Abuja get ready to see Nmadi Sambo's face on every space where he can stamp it like he has done in kaduna
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Mustyshika: 12:01pm On May 13, 2010
Im own view, dis nomination is likely to create a power tussle, and likewise overheating of the polity in Kaduna State. to be honest, this does not augur well and is not in the best interest of Kaduna State and its people. It Johnathan must pick from Kaduna, we have other prominent people that can do the job, except if there is a hidden agenda to this.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by ajalio(f): 12:10pm On May 13, 2010
Actually it should be absolutely irrelevant who the next presidantial candidate
of the PDP is, or? No matter whether Goodluck Ebele Jonathan or Mohammed
Namadi Sambo or who else. They both belongo to the PDP, identifiy themselves with the party
and the party programme. Both have the whole party in the neck, should they rule.
A party which has brought only bad luck in the past and left words no actions, which
has lied, cheated everyone.
Logical conclusion would be a punishment of the PDP and with it of the gouvernment
by select another party and therefore completely different candidates.

@becomrich7
I know that and have put this question intentionally. Obviously this way of
thinking has led up to now to the fact that always any ethnic, any region, was disadvantaged.
Is it not the time to be rethought instead of playing the same old disk over and over again?

@edoyad
hey, how are you? Long time,
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Kobojunkie: 12:11pm On May 13, 2010
What do we know about this man? According to my research he was only elected as governor of Kaduna back in 2007, and possibly an IBB ally. Anyone else know of his record in that time(please no BULL welcome!)
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Sagamite(m): 12:24pm On May 13, 2010
benelt:

Here is the main problem Jonathan has. On Jonathan ticket, if he pick a vice presdient now. His rival would have the choice to pick for the president. Since his rival may be a Yoruba or northerner. He would likely pick a Yoruba or Igbo or northerner[/i]

this analysis on vp picks and who wins is lack some indepth considerations. You forget that alot other factors apart from tribe and gender influence election choices. One of the things Jonathan should consider to win the 2011 pol is corruption. when he surrender to corruption and join COALITION OF THE CORRUPT FOR better NIGERIA,  his ticket will be guaranteed, his choice of vp not withstading. Be a slime ball and worship the North like God and build a strong tribal relationship in the south. On the issue of him choosing a Yoruba muslim cannot be a guarantee to win the Muslim north seeing the plight the Yoruba muslims in the Jos crises. They suffered the same fate as Christians in the hands of the Hausa muslims. Choosing Turai as a VP will cause him a major set back seeing the dribbling game at ASO rock during Yar adua's health drama. Do you think Nigerian women still see Turai as a role model?
To make it short, Jonathan assention will be determined by his political allies than tribal allies. if he sees his ambition as a do or die affair, he should be ready to play dirty if fareness does not bring him the Goodluck he needs.

benelt, it seems you are new to Nairaland as you only have 4 posts and you are responding to becomerich.

Becomerich is a [*Puts index finger at the side of head and does a circular motion*]
so don't be responding to his drool to engage in logical debate except you too are a mental patient.  grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Iyineda(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2010
My best wishes to Mr. Sambo as vice president of Nigeria.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by ud4u: 12:31pm On May 13, 2010
Can Jonathan control this man, all this while VP have always been a figure head but this time around I think reverse might be the case. Jonathan should be careful.

Nevetheless, I wish them best of luck.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by harakiri(m): 12:39pm On May 13, 2010
becomrich7:

Ajali where are you from. People vote for thier ethnics in election in nigeria. You can see the satellite pictures why? how the yorubas have been cheated. And the other ethnics group refuse to correct the injustice.  And do you think the Yorubas are going to vote for a party, who did that to them. It is hard for the Yorubas to vote for the PDP again. Look the PDP have been deceiving the Yorubas for the last 3 years. to correct the Injustice.

Look you coming from a very small ethnics group is a major problem for him. Politics is about number. And how much you can will. Bayelsa state where Jonathn comes from is one of the least populated state in Nigeria. And Other ethnics want the presidency and they would present a candidate and would vote 100% for thier candidate. People are not loyal to party in Nigeria.

They are only loyal to thier ethnics group. Ask any nigerian this question. or go and ask Igbo this question. If Igbos would not vote for an igboman.

And what is the likely of a northerner voting for an Ijaw man, when northerners are going to run for the election, it is less than 10%. The northerner are going to be loyal to the north. That why they were trying to fool him to pick one of thier own. They have done thier homework before and knows if he makes mistake, it is to thier own benefit.

If he has pick bukola saraki, he would have at least 14 state already for him and needs only just 4 more state to be president. Taraba, benue ,plateau nassarawa or adamawa or one igbo state would make up the 18 state.  Now he is not guarantee of a win.  I posted the above before.  When a northerner is running for office, it is irrelevant if the vice president was a northerner in voting. They would not likely vote for a southerner.

I would not be shock if the Evil genius IBB was behind this.

I think it's about time people started giving more respect to becomrich.I've been studying his postings for close to a year and i can tell you that in spite of the complexities of his posts and maps, he is providing the public with vital information that money can't buy.It was from his satellite feed i realized that the shape of Nigeria is NOT "chicken shaped" as we have been brain washed to believe.Also, the northern states are not as big as they are represented on our fraudulent maps.

@Post

Guess we are going back to the stone ages.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by CarlosVent(m): 12:40pm On May 13, 2010
JONATHAN GOOODLUCK MUST AND MUST SURELY WIN COME 2011 POLLS.

MARK TODAY'S DATE PLS.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Godalone(m): 12:45pm On May 13, 2010
Congrats Namadi Sambo !
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Greycells(m): 12:51pm On May 13, 2010
My trust in Jonathan is not misplaced.

Jonathan for Presido 2011!!!

Sai Jonthan!!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by yim(f): 12:54pm On May 13, 2010
Must it be an Hausa man? I hope this does not mean doom 4 Nigeria.
Oyecorp:

Mr president is preparing for the election 2011.
i hope not
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by KnowAll(m): 12:57pm On May 13, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-222281.0.html

[size=14pt]SAMBO is a Visonary, I hope he transfer his foresight for Kaduna State to the National stage. Sambo is the Fashola of the North.[/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Boladebam(m): 1:01pm On May 13, 2010
CarlosVent:

JONATHAN GOOODLUCK MUST AND MUST SURELY WIN COME 2011 POLLS.

MARK TODAY'S DATE PLS.

May 13 2010, grin grin grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Kobojunkie: 1:03pm On May 13, 2010
KnowAll:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-222281.0.html

[size=14pt]SAMBO is a Visonary, I hope he transfer his foresight for Kaduna State to the National stage. Sambo is the Fashola of the North.[/size]

He is an architect, so the images are expected. How much of the transformation has really happened? The images you have there are over a year old. What has transpired in all that time?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by ayo84(m): 1:06pm On May 13, 2010
so who becomes the governor of kaduna, the first christian governor of kaduna state,this is awesome
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by KnowAll(m): 1:19pm On May 13, 2010
He is an architect, so the images are expected. How much of the transformation has really happened? The images you have there are over a year old. What has transpired in all that time?
[size=14pt]You should be asking, how much does Kaduna recieve from the FG. At least if you go through the thread, despite the meagre amount he gets from the FG,  u can see semblance of actual development on the ground,  for instance the dual carriege road leading to the new city has already being constructed.

There is now a local train service running from the suburbs of Kaduna to the centre, he reinstated this service a few months after becoming the governor of Kaduna State. At least this is a man who knows his onions if anything else. [/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by edoyad(m): 1:21pm On May 13, 2010
I don't want to a rumour monger, but "rumour" has it that Namadi Mohd Sambo is actually of Auchi descent; yes, I mean Auchi in edo state. His family is said to have settled in zaria which became their home.

Mohd "the sickler" Makarfi thought he was playing a fast one on the good people of southern kaduna when he used Sambo to scheme out erstwhile senator Isaiah Balat in the primaries of 2007, unfortunately the lap dog he thought he had acquired, like many other godsons, turned around and stuck his middle finger up to him.

To put the cherry on the muffin, the estranged god son will become VP at the expense of the daddy LOL.
I love hausa people.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by saridonp2: 1:32pm On May 13, 2010
Becomerich is a genius and not a retard,you need to pay attention to his comments and you can wisely learn from his points,
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Kobojunkie: 1:36pm On May 13, 2010
KnowAll:

You should be asking, how much does Kaduna recieve from the FG. At least if you go through the thread, despite the meagre amount he gets from the FG,  u can see semblance of actual development on the ground,  for instance the dual carriege road leading to the new city has already being constructed.

I remember I said earlier that I was not interested in BULL-Talk, right? You really let the above come out of you on this? AAARRRGGHH!!!! Do not bother trying to feed me the ridiculous, just go straight for facts and not gobble-goop! grin

KnowAll:
There is now a local train service running from the suburbs of Kaduna to the centre, he reinstated this service a few months after becoming the governor of Kaduna State. At least this is a man who knows his onions if anything else.

He has been governor for almost 3 years. Is there enough for all that time, especially from a state that recieves free handout each month from the federal government?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by master2(m): 1:45pm On May 13, 2010
Hope the southern kaduna deputy governor takeover for fairness, equity and justice in kaduna state.
Boladebam:

May 13 2010,  grin grin grin
Not totally true. He lacks sustainability.Some of the project he started could not be continue. Dumb up for him when it comes to  security.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by ducci: 1:50pm On May 13, 2010
The most important thing here is for the president to choose who he can work with in the interest of the nation, while also preparing in anticipation for the upcoming election.i read some shallow analysis espec by becomrich,it will take me some 20 lines to reply the several errors in ur  submission,but just bear this in mind,in politics 1+1 isnt 2. Also know that its not only and always about ethnicity,its more about party and personal interest in nigeria,so you can derive your analysis using this indices.How can you even bring Turai into this.For ur info,Murtala Yaradua took the offer contrary to Turai and co wishes,this was because she segregated them when she was in power.Pse i like this forum but will prefer if we think and follow events objectively before posting
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 13, 2010
This guy has been able to evade the radar for long. How did he "managed" to evade the national radar for this long.

IS it because the the jihadist folks up there have been silent for a while now?. Tried a bit of research on this man lately and most of his files from the intel communities are vitrually empty.

My question is. How does this man view power?. Does he view power the way an Atiku views power or views power the way a Jonathan will see it?

Time Shall Tell.

Sagamite:

benelt, it seems you are new to Nairaland as you only have 4 posts and you are responding to becomerich.

Becomerich is a [*Puts index finger at the side of head and does a circular motion*][/i] so don't be responding to his drool to engage in logical debate except you too are a mental patient.  grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by nearest(m): 1:53pm On May 13, 2010
Sagamite:

Becomerich is a [*Puts index finger at the side of head and does a circular motion*][/i] so don't be responding to his drool to engage in logical debate except you too are a mental patient.  grin
i just can't stop laughing,
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by KnowAll(m): 2:01pm On May 13, 2010
Not totally true. He lacks sustainability.Some of the project he started could not be continue. Dumb up for him when it comes to  security.

[size=14pt]Well I can see u live in Kaduna and you are better placed in judging him. But one thing one should not take away from him is,  because of his architect backround he is an individual who can conceptualize inspirational ideas if resources are not a hindrance, that alone is a good quality after all what was his boss legacy in Bayelsa State yet people are giving him all the recent credit for the usurp and regular supply of  elctricity.[/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by minuxsoft: 2:03pm On May 13, 2010
God Dey!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by wazobiang: 2:04pm On May 13, 2010
Nobody saw the death of Yar'Dua. If they did would they have chosen a northerner as his vice. I think it is high time another party won the presidential election. if not for anything but to stick the regional rotation of who will be president, vice, speaker etc up the royal PDP ass.

This rotation and quota system and federal character (to some extent). is messing up our growth. Why don't they rotate who will fly their plane whenever they are flying. Why don't they rotate their personal physicians. Why don't they rotate their personal guards? Because these and other positions are crucial to them, they do not want to tamper with them. But they will play the rotary stuff with presidency.

Abeg make una no dey take Nigerian presidency, speakers of the house etc serious o! The positions are not as serious as ordinary taxi drivers on the lagos road.

I have one trusted taxi driver and I wouldn't rotate him for anything. I mean the mas sef no be okoso.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by NaijaEcash(m): 2:05pm On May 13, 2010
What we need is action, not mere promises. If these two spend the next 11months doing things that benefits the entire populace and not just PDP, then they can be rest assured that Nigerians will vote them in 2011.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Releases N280b For Capital Projects / Makarfi Led PDP Meets Akpabio, Ekweremadu, Other PDP National Assembly Members / RUGA: Umahi Threatens To Sue Pascal Oluchukwu, Gives 7-Day Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.