Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP (15579 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Traffic In Lagos As VP Osinbajo Visits (Photos) / Jonathan Nominates Obanikoro, Six Others As Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On May 13, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]Well I can see u live in Kaduna and you are better placed in judging him. But one thing one should not take away from him is,  because of his architect backround he is an individual who can conceptualize inspirational ideas if resources are not a hindrance, that alone is a good quality after all what was his boss legacy in Bayelsa State yet people are giving him all the recent credit for the usurp and regular supply of  elctricity.[/size]

Oh please!!! We just had a dreamer( though some of his dreams were warped at best) die as president. Why in the world would we want more dreamers and not doers? We want substance, not TALKERS.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by toluxa1(m): 2:08pm On May 13, 2010
It is clear that He was chosen because He won't pose any threat to Jonathan.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Davecorn: 2:13pm On May 13, 2010
Please let us pray for our President for God's guidance because i don't think the step taken was the right one ooooo!!!!!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by KnowAll(m): 2:14pm On May 13, 2010
Oh please!!! We just had a dreamer( though some of his dreams were warped at best) die as president. Why in the world would we want more dreamers and not doers? We want substance, not TALKERS.

[size=14pt]Is Jonthan any better than this gentlman. What was Jonathans legacy in Bayelsa. If u want to go down that road all 35 Governors have being a collosal failure except Fashola who one would award a mere 50% performance wise.

The rest would be struggling to get 35%. But then the convention so far in Nigeria has being the Governors will provide from amongst her ranks individuals who would occupy the Presidency and VP positions, [/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On May 13, 2010
KnowAll:

Is Jonthan any better than this gentlman. What was Jonathans legacy in Bayelsa. If u want to go down that road all 35 Governors have being a collosal failure except Fashola who one would award a mere 50% performance wise. The rest would be struggling to get 35%. But then the convention so far in Nigeria has being the Governors will provide from amongst her ranks individuals who would occupy the Presidency and VP positions,

I am not of the mind that Jonathan himself is any different from this man. Matter of fact, I wait to be proven wrong by him. I do have a problem with you trying to sell this man to us as some maverick who deserves the post of VP, when you now admit he really does not have a record to prove him one.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by ayo84(m): 2:32pm On May 13, 2010
i dont think sambo will pose any threat to goodluck.he might be a sitting lame duck
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by KnowAll(m): 2:32pm On May 13, 2010
I am not of the mind that Jonathan himself is any different from this man. Matter of fact, I wait to be proven wrong by him. I do have a problem with you trying to sell this man to us as some maverick who deserves the post of VP, when you now admit he really does not have a record to prove him one.

[size=14pt]I think he is one of the best in Northern Nigeria by a milestone. Bukola Saraki comes a distant 2nd and he is motivated by political ambitions rather than good governance.[/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Zugwuai: 2:36pm On May 13, 2010
Namadi Sambo?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by ayo84(m): 2:38pm On May 13, 2010
what makes him the best governor in the north,what makes him different from yaradua,last i heard he is noted for posting his posters and billboards all over kaduna state
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On May 13, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]I think he is[b] one of the best [/b] in Northern Nigeria by a milestone. Bukola Saraki comes a distant 2nd and his is motivated by political ambitions rather than good governance.[/size]

I am not even going to ask you go you came by that. But why do we, after admitting that most all of the governors are incompetent, care?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by edoyad(m): 2:51pm On May 13, 2010
Who knows, Jonathan, OBJ and crew might actually be the ones to break Nigeria up into the required parts, but wait . . BUAHAHAHAHA grin grin grin .

Becomerich i always new you were a hausa chap masquerading as a yoruba boy, you seem to have taken interest in this topic. BUAHAHAHAHAHA .
*singing Funmi Adams' song* ". . .bahanye yaro. . ." LWKMD
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by KnowAll(m): 2:52pm On May 13, 2010
I am not even going to ask you go you came by that. But why do we, after admitting that most all of the governors are incompetent, care?

[size=14pt]My views are personal dont quote me out of context. Whether they are good or bad the Presidenct has made his choice and it only make sense for good citizens to rally round whoever is chosen afterall we never knew how good Fashola was when he was un-veilled by Tinubu 3 years ago.

So no need having a senseless and pointless argument that is based on one person's perception of an individual. I cannot stop him from resuming his new post as the VP of Nigeria neither can you.[/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Anaegboka(m): 2:59pm On May 13, 2010
As bad as Becomrich7's words may sound, unfortunately they are true. The north only care for their own interest. There is no way they are going to hand power to south. The best thing for Nigeria is a President and VP from the minority. Let's not be fooled into believing that Babangida is not part of their plan.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by babsmii(m): 3:00pm On May 13, 2010
these northerners will always have their way. the sooner we try to accommodate them the better, let's get used to it, lol
i smell something fishy. Jonathan will be overpowered by the devil controlling that president's seat,
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On May 13, 2010
KnowAll:

My views are personal dont quote me out of context. Whether they are good or bad the Presidenct has made his choice and it only make sense for good citizens to rally round whoever is chosen afterall we never knew how good Fashola was when he was un-veilled by Tinubu 3 years ago.

So need having a senseless and pointless argument that is based on one person's perception of an individual. I cannot stop him from resuming his new post as the VP of Nigeria neither can you.

BULL . . .  stop making stuff up if you really believe this is supposed to be just your opinion. Good citizens ain't supposed to do jack of what you are willing to do.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by dayokanu(m): 3:03pm On May 13, 2010
Jonathan is such a tortoise  , hausa people will commit suicide left, right and center lol. First he steals presidency from them and takes it to the south-south, now he wants to take governorship of kaduna state out of their hands into southern kaduna, he's truly the hausa mans nemesis lol.  

This is the AGE OF THE MINORITIES

Who is the deputy governor of Kaduna State, I hope is a Southern Kaduna Xtian, I hope he would run for election in 2011 and win making him the first governor from Southern Kaduna.

Where is Isaiah Balat nowadays, I havent heard from him after that PDP gubernatorial elections of 2007 that schemed him out.

In 2011 South South president, Southern Kaduna governor. Edoyad your life don better only that ARsenal would still remain trophyless
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by heilige(m): 3:04pm On May 13, 2010
Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa or minority it does not matter, what matters is good governance. Nigerians have suffered a lot, both home and abroad.
Good governance from Jonah and Sambo till 2011 means Jonah Sambo ticket 2011 & 2015. That is the 9ja mentality. Give them something good, and they forget another option.
9ja oni baje O!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by KnowAll(m): 3:04pm On May 13, 2010
BULL . . .  stop making stuff up if you really believe this is supposed to be just your opinion. Good citizens ain't supposed to do jack of what you are willing to do.

[size=14pt]What can u do to stop this gentleman from resuming his new job whether u like him or not[/size]  undecided
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Meldrick(m): 3:05pm On May 13, 2010
Like someone asked,''Must the North be involved''? What is wrong if the President and Vice are from different ethnic groups far from the North. I don't know but as for Jonathan, I won't be dissapointed if his tenure is over without any remarkable achievement. His moves are really unclear.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Gekko(m): 3:08pm On May 13, 2010
Why would anyone put stock in these 2? JG has no legacy, never ran for office nor elected by a popular mandate.  Everything hes done so far is a clear indication of  the status quo.  We are truly fu*ked.  And then we have some clueless folks  claiming Sambo wears the face of humility and hes the best gov in the north   [b]w[/b]hiskey [b]t[/b]ango [b]f[/b]ox.  God I ask you? when are you going to deliver us from bondage?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On May 13, 2010
KnowAll:

What can u do to stop this gentleman from resuming his new job whether u like him or not undecided

Isn that a defeatist approach to tackling the issue called Nigeria? So because I cannot stop him from resuming work tommorow is reason why I should BOW AND GO WITH THE FLOW? And here I thought you are one of those who wanted a change from the status quo in that country.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by KnowAll(m): 3:18pm On May 13, 2010
And then we have some clueless folks  claiming Sambo wears the face of humility and hes the best gov in the north    whiskey tango fox.  God I ask you? when are you going to deliver us from bondage?  

[size=14pt]The same God u are asking when is he going to deliver us from Bondage, gave us Jesus Christ who once quoted " a family without a vision would perish, a city without a vision would perish, and a country without a vision would perish, at least with Sambo we can see his vison and that speaks volume.[/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Orikinla(m): 3:19pm On May 13, 2010
Until President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan does the right thing by telling Nigerians the truth on the EFCC case against his first wife Patience Jonathan, he is wasting his time contesting in 2011.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3483:advert-challenges-jonathan-efcc-to-investigatecharge-ex-governors-wife&catid=48:world-news&Itemid=69
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by KnowAll(m): 3:24pm On May 13, 2010
Isn that a defeatist approach to tackling the issue called Nigeria? So because I cannot stop him from resuming work tommorow is reason why I should BOW AND GO WITH THE FLOW? And here I thought you are one of those who wanted a change from the status quo in that country.

[size=14pt]It is not a defeatist approach because I have made my views known, I am happy with Sambo's nomination, if I was in Jonthan's shoe Iwould have gone for the same guy. I love visionaries.  [/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by mendax: 3:31pm On May 13, 2010
I just heard on the news that as at this time; 2:45 pm today, no name has yet been forwarded to the senate house from the Presidency. i hope this is not just a rumour? undecided cry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Gekko(m): 3:34pm On May 13, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]The same God u are asking when is he going to deliver us from Bondage, gave us Jesus Christ who once quoted " a family without a vision would perish, a city without a vision would perish, and a country without a vision would perish, at least with Sambo we can see his vison and that speaks volume.[/size]

Yeah? i see his vision alright!  i refuse to join the party praising mediocre leadership.  We need world class leaders and this guy is not it,  by the way, this guy comes off as an egomaniac, whats with his pictures on the train?

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by mendax: 3:48pm On May 13, 2010
@gekko,

are u against his efforts in reviving the kaduna state train system OR are you against his pictures on campaign posters?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Orikinla(m): 3:50pm On May 13, 2010
A group of Nigerians have asked him to address the case of money laundering implicating his wife, but he has deliberately ignored it and is witch-hunting Mr. James Ibori, the former governor of Delta state and a fellow member of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP), the most corrupt political party in Africa. Many key members of the PDP have been indicted in the Halliburton Bribery Scandal and Daimler bribery scandal.

It is hypocritical to dine and wine with those who are either corrupt public officials or accomplices of corrupt members of the same indicted political party in Nigeria.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Meldrick(m): 3:51pm On May 13, 2010
Orikinla:

Until President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan does the right thing by telling Nigerians the truth on the EFCC case against his first wife Patience Jonathan, he is wasting his time contesting in 2011.

At least the man is free to contest. EFCC might have a case with the wife not Jonathan. Get it clear. The man has not even told you he wants to contest. Pls don't derail the thread.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Gekko(m): 3:59pm On May 13, 2010
mendax:

@gekko,

are u against his efforts in reviving the kaduna state train system OR are you against his pictures on campaign posters?

yes, I have an issue with his campaign posters on public transportation.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Orikinla(m): 4:10pm On May 13, 2010
Meldrick:

At least the man is free to contest. EFCC might have a case with the wife not Jonathan. Get it clear. The man has not even told you he wants to contest. Pls don't derail the thread.

My replies are in response to the issues raised by others.
The integrity of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan cannot be ignored if you want to know how he would fare in office.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by mendax: 4:12pm On May 13, 2010
ok, i thot u had a problem with the trains

anyway, if u have an idea of kaduna state, its one of his main achievements; reviving the railway transport there, which seemed to be an impossible task.

so on the part of his supporters, what better way to campaign for him, than to go and put up his posters there. As for me, i dont hav a problem for 2 reasons;
1. The trains had no label saying; "POST NO BILL"
2. The trains actually look uglier without some form of "DRESSING"  grin

lastly, i dont think the man even has an idea of who put up the posters; thats just what supporters like doing in 9ja; u cant really control them. Believe me, there are worst places I have seen campaign posters been put-up which could actually be dangerous e.g. like highway signs, u'll just see someone covering up the signs or reflectors with posters etc  embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Babangida Linked To Abacha's Assassination And Abiola's Death / Miyetti Allah Petitions Police IG Over Herdsmen Killing In Delta, Indicts Gov Ok / Wike, Not Atiku, Frustrated Peter Obi Out Of PDP – Paul Ibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.