Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,065 members, 7,956,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:04 AM

A Letter To All Believers In Christ Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Letter To All Believers In Christ Jesus (434 Views)

Seeing Visions Of Believers In Hell - Prince Gabriel Okocha / Non Religious Believers in god Come Here / Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To All Believers In Christ Jesus by Nnamnugochi: 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2018
Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 6:17 A proud look, ...
16:5 Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished. 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Dear Believer in Christ,
Can our posts/pictures on Facebook or any Social Media platform be described as a "proud look"? Have we not lost our shamefacedness and sobriety? Where is "the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price."? Why have we fallen so low to walk "according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience:"? The several posts/pictures from every event and location, do they not speak volumes of pride? "And the pride of Israel does testify to his face: therefore shall Israel and Ephraim fall in their iniquity; Judah also shall fall with them."(Hosea 5:5). Where is the spirit of lowliness and gentleness which is the hallmark of true Christ's followers? Remember, the pride of man cannot produce the righteousness of God. Examine all your posts/ pictures- do they provoke God's glory or promote self?
Oh, the pride of life has made us naked! We have left the peculiar clothing of humility and now walk naked in the wantonness of pride. Our hearts are lifted up and minds hardened in pride. We are now like the sow(pig) that was washed but has returned to her wallowing in the mire. "We have heard the pride of Moab, (he is exceeding proud) his loftiness, and his arrogancy, and his pride, and the haughtiness of his heart." (Jeremiah 48:29). Does God still resist the proud and give more grace to the humble? Oh yes, He does! If Satan was judged and punished because of pride, it will make God unrighteous if the so-called proud believer goes unpunished. "Thus saith the LORD, After this manner will I mar the pride of Judah, and the great pride of Jerusalem."(Jeremiah 13:9).

Dearly beloved, there is no proud believer in heaven and none shall ever be. We condemn those women wearing men's clothings/dressings and vice versa as abominable. Yes, we are scripturally right, but with a proud look, countenance, appearance and comportment, are we not equally counted as sinners and abominable in the sight of God?

My dear brothers/sisters, we have not so learned Christ who is meek and lowly! Remember Nebuchadnezzar and Herod! Why will we wait for God to humble or humiliate us? Also, why will a messenger of Satan be released to buffet or torment us so as to bring us under control. We didn't begin this way. Where has our axe head of humility fallen? Oh yes, it was borrowed but we can purchase a new one in Christ now. Note that pride is the commonest besetting sin to every man. You must constantly resist it. If you have fallen a victim already, repent and renounce all forms of pride; remove and reject all posts and suggestions of pride; request and receive the grace of Christ to remain humble; rebuke all thoughts and actions of pride; reflect and reconnect with the humble and lowly; reject flatteries and unseeming applauses of men.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land... Notwithstanding Hezekiah humbled himself for the pride of his heart, both he and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that the wrath of the LORD came not upon them in the days of Hezekiah."(2 Chronicles 7:14; 32:26)

I am not soliciting for your like or share but for you to meditate on this and examine yourself whether you are still humble and in the faith.

" Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" ( 1 Peter 5:6, 8 )
"But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the LORD's flock is carried away captive."(Jeremiah 13:17)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Letter To All Believers In Christ Jesus by Nnamnugochi: 2:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
1 Corinthians 7:31 "And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away."
Nnamnugochi:

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 6:17 A proud look, ...
16:5 Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished. 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Dear Believer in Christ,
Can our posts/pictures on Facebook or any Social Media platform be described as a "proud look"? Have we not lost our shamefacedness and sobriety? Where is "the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price."? Why have we fallen so low to walk "according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience:"? The several posts/pictures from every event and location, do they not speak volumes of pride? "And the pride of Israel does testify to his face: therefore shall Israel and Ephraim fall in their iniquity; Judah also shall fall with them."(Hosea 5:5). Where is the spirit of lowliness and gentleness which is the hallmark of true Christ's followers? Remember, the pride of man cannot produce the righteousness of God. Examine all your posts/ pictures- do they provoke God's glory or promote self?
Oh, the pride of life has made us naked! We have left the peculiar clothing of humility and now walk naked in the wantonness of pride. Our hearts are lifted up and minds hardened in pride. We are now like the sow(pig) that was washed but has returned to her wallowing in the mire. "We have heard the pride of Moab, (he is exceeding proud) his loftiness, and his arrogancy, and his pride, and the haughtiness of his heart." (Jeremiah 48:29). Does God still resist the proud and give more grace to the humble? Oh yes, He does! If Satan was judged and punished because of pride, it will make God unrighteous if the so-called proud believer goes unpunished. "Thus saith the LORD, After this manner will I mar the pride of Judah, and the great pride of Jerusalem."(Jeremiah 13:9).

Dearly beloved, there is no proud believer in heaven and none shall ever be. We condemn those women wearing men's clothings/dressings and vice versa as abominable. Yes, we are scripturally right, but with a proud look, countenance, appearance and comportment, are we not equally counted as sinners and abominable in the sight of God?

My dear brothers/sisters, we have not so learned Christ who is meek and lowly! Remember Nebuchadnezzar and Herod! Why will we wait for God to humble or humiliate us? Also, why will a messenger of Satan be released to buffet or torment us so as to bring us under control. We didn't begin this way. Where has our axe head of humility fallen? Oh yes, it was borrowed but we can purchase a new one in Christ now. Note that pride is the commonest besetting sin to every man. You must constantly resist it. If you have fallen a victim already, repent and renounce all forms of pride; remove and reject all posts and suggestions of pride; request and receive the grace of Christ to remain humble; rebuke all thoughts and actions of pride; reflect and reconnect with the humble and lowly; reject flatteries and unseeming applauses of men.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land... Notwithstanding Hezekiah humbled himself for the pride of his heart, both he and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that the wrath of the LORD came not upon them in the days of Hezekiah."(2 Chronicles 7:14; 32:26)

I am not soliciting for your like or share but for you to meditate on this and examine yourself whether you are still humble and in the faith.

" Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" ( 1 Peter 5:6,cool
"But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the LORD's flock is carried away captive."(Jeremiah 13:17)
Re: A Letter To All Believers In Christ Jesus by Nnamnugochi: 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2018
God will always promote the humble in heart!
Re: A Letter To All Believers In Christ Jesus by Emmanystone: 9:41am On Apr 13, 2018
This is very good brother. Thank you for the reminder.

But, let me correct a notion here pls. The opposite of Pride is not Humility, no. The Opposite of Pride is LOVE.

LOVE is the gigantic Tree which bears the fruits of the Spirit which Humility is one.

So also is Pride. It bears many fruits which are; Rebellion, arrogance, self conceitedness, self righteousness, disrespect, unforgiveness, lying, hatred, Fear, revenge idolatry. Sexual immorality, perversions, haugtiness etc.

These and many others are the fruits of Pride.

Pride is the seed of satan, while Love is the Seed of Christ. Every Christian should squash off pride.

Like you said, they shall be no proud Christian in Heaven.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/04/18 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/05/18 / Rccg May Holy Ghost Service- Stronger Than Your Enemies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.