Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

6 Ways To Peacefully End A Toxic Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Ways To Peacefully End A Toxic Relationship (860 Views)

How Can He Peacefully End His Relationship With A Stupid And Stubborn Girl? / How Do I Peacefully End My Relationship With My Gf / How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Peacefully End A Toxic Relationship by jannydear(f): 4:52am On Apr 11, 2018
A toxic relationship is one that make you feel drained, useless, and even agitated. Getting out of a toxic relationship is one of the best things you can do for yourself. There are ways to peacefully end it so that you won’t be left feeling emotionally drained.

If you and your partner are in a constant battle, it isn’t likely to be a happy ending, but leaving with your self-esteem unbroken and feeling positive about the future is about the best you can hope to achieve. Here are steps on how to end a toxic relationship and get your life back on track.

READ ALSO: 7 Warning Signs of an Unhealthy Relationship

6 Ways to peacefully end a toxic relationship
Surround yourself with positive support
Social support system will be essential to you now as you seek to peacefully leave your toxic relationship. Ask your friends for their input, you will probably be surprised by how helpful they can be when they know that their friend is in anguish.

Be objective
Be unbiased by looking at the relationship as if you were meeting your partner for the first time. Do the two of you have anything in common? How about their differences? If you met your partner today, would you be attracted to them enough to even be friends? These observations will help you to gain outlook on your toxic relationship.

READ ALSO: Steps On How to Get Your Teenager To Break Up With Her Bad Boyfriend

Accept responsibility
Don’t consider yourself blameless in any relationship, even in a toxic one. You should have spoken up when things were just a little infuriating, but before they became fervently draining. Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you won’t allow yourself to be treated badly in a toxic relationship ever again.

Learn from the Experience
While you are in the midst of emotional grief, think about the relationship as a lesson for future relationships. One of the best ways to peacefully end a toxic relationship is to find a way to walk away having grown as a person and learned something about yourself.

READ ALSO: New Study Finds Out Why People In Non-violent Relationships Kill Their Partners

What are you lacking that is keeping you from leaving? Find it
There is always a reason that you are remaining in a toxic relationship. It could be centered on housing or accommodation, financial concerns, or other reasons. Once you know what it is that is keeping you there, ask yourself, “If it wasn’t an issue and I had that on my own, would I still choose to stay?” If the answer is no, then it’s time to find a way to get what you are missing so you can leave.

Forgive your toxic partner
Concealing feelings of sheer hurt, anger, regret, or bitterness will only hurt your own mental and psychological happiness. In order to help yourself heal completely, you will have to let go of the negative emotions that will hinder you from healing completely. This can be a difficult choice to make because you may feel vindicated in feeling the way you do, but try to let go and move on.

READ ALSO: 10 Signs To Tell You Are In The Right Relationship
Source: http://www.healthdiary365.com/2018/04/11/6-ways-to-peacefully-end-a-toxic-relationship/

Re: 6 Ways To Peacefully End A Toxic Relationship by LordIsaac(m): 6:16am On Apr 11, 2018
Great points

(1) (Reply)

How To Look Pretty Without Makeup For Your Boyfriend\crush\lover / Jilted Man Strips Female Socialite Naked Over Daughter / Poor Men Love Big Breasts, The Rich Prefer Them Smaller –study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.