Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" (20805 Views)

Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay / Bashir Magashi Stole From Nigeria. Now, A Minister In Buhari’s Cabinet / Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by Gistformant: 5:43am On Apr 11, 2018
GistMore.com

The Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, John Cardinal Onaiyekan, says it is worrisome that the older generation is refusing to leave the scene for the younger generation.

Onaiyekan, who is a former President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, said this at the presentation of a book titled, ‘Dignity in Service,’ authored by the late Dr. Matthew Mbu, a former Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Also, the Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, said at the event that he earned “only N950,000” a month out of which he also paid his aides.

The cleric said the post-independence leaders like the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Abubakar Tafawa-Balewa, were young when they did great things for Nigeria.

He said it was this sort of orientation that caused the late Mbu to be appointed a minister at the age of 23.

Onaiyekan, however, wondered if the younger generation could be given the sort of opportunity that existed in the 1960s.

The cleric said, “The point I want to make is this; today when you hear that a young boy was a minister, my mind always goes to those days too and I ask, how many people were old then? The people we now see as ancestors were all young people. I will like to find out the age of Tafawa Balewa and even Awolowo at that time.

“They were all relatively young and when Awolowo and Azikwe broke grounds then, they were young. I think this is the story we need to tell to our younger people but the question is, where is the space for our younger people when old people like me are still hanging around?

“We have to find a way of giving room to younger people to show what they can do also. Mbu has shown that young people can perform but we have also had experiences of young people who have not performed.”

The cleric, however, stated that being young did not always imply that a person would be competent.

“So at the end of the day, maybe it is not a matter of the age but a matter of your own mind, your intention, your love for doing the right thing especially concern for others, politics and service to the people in the name of God. If we start to take these things seriously then probably it would not matter whether we declare to seek re-election at 79 or whether we don’t,” Onaiyekan said.

In his remarks, Amaechi, who was the chairman of the occasion, said it was not true that only past leaders were honest.

While extolling the virtues of the late Mbu, Amaechi who was governor of Rivers State between 2007 and 2014, said he would continue to promote transparency.

To prove his claim, the minister revealed that he earned “only N950,000” a month out of which he also paid his staff.

He said, “A minister earns only N950, 000 a month. Out of this money, N350, 000 is for accommodation so there is no more money given to you. The remaining N600, 000 includes payment for your staff, personal assistants and all that.”

Amaechi said President Muhammadu Buhari’s government had helped to stop the culture of waste such that private citizens no longer throw lavish parties.

The minister added, “Nigerians like going to parties. That is one benefit of this government. We now assess our wealth and value money. Before, once you get money from the illegal means, we hold parties. There are very few parties these days because there is no more money to hold such parties.

“There are no ‘owambe’ anymore because there is very little money to hold ‘owambe.’ The reason is that the ‘owambe’ money used to come from the government and there is no money in the government to do such.”

Source; http://www.gistmore.com/earn-n950000-monthly-says-amaechi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by Gistformant: 5:45am On Apr 11, 2018
nice

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by Pray(m): 5:49am On Apr 11, 2018
We don hear. No need to argue with una again.

36 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by ipobarecriminals: 5:58am On Apr 11, 2018
sad we hear u very clear
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by yekparikpa(m): 6:04am On Apr 11, 2018
Say no to criminals, liars and pretenders! Get your PVC!

45 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by AdaIhiala(f): 6:39am On Apr 11, 2018
Did you call 900k only Oga Amechi? And did you say no owambe again? The last I checked, it's only the ordinary Nigerian that no longer feed well talkless of having a get together...But you,your people and your Oga have been galivanting all over the place paying and accepting bride price. So you better keep quiet before I vex. Talk of rubbing salt on injury!

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by Paperwhite(m): 7:03am On Apr 11, 2018
This "I don't like money man" grin grin grin.Pls like if you're convinced that Amaechi is telling the truth & share if otherwise.

17 Likes 63 Shares

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 11, 2018
yekparikpa:
Say no to criminals, liars and pretenders! Get your PVC!
with ur pvc the options still remain criminals,liars and pretenders

11 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by ikorodureporta: 7:30am On Apr 11, 2018
So?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by GavelSlam: 8:02am On Apr 11, 2018
The ministers don't earn much except through their travel allowance/estacode.

If we had kept the avaricous, extravagant lifestyle of our leaders in check all this while, the country would have been better for it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by CarlosTheJackal: 8:14am On Apr 11, 2018
GavelSlam:
The ministers don't earn much except through their travel allowance/estacode.

If we had kept the avaricous, extravagant lifestyle of our leaders in check all this while, the country would have been better for it.
This one believed Amaechi, Your brain size is like Buhari slurred speech

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by LibertyRep: 8:15am On Apr 11, 2018
Can we also know how much you earn monthly as running cost, estacodes and other sundry allowances?

Fear not sir, there's absolutely nothing we can do for you. Afterall, what have we done to NASS despite Sanni's outburst?

11 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by GavelSlam: 8:20am On Apr 11, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:

If you have any contrary evidence on his remuneration please supply it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by Rucheen(m): 8:24am On Apr 11, 2018
You know you're lying and we know you are lying

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by eddyslim(m): 8:30am On Apr 11, 2018
See mumu... Who are you trying to deceive

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 11, 2018
Only if I believe
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:30am On Apr 11, 2018
grin
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by gurunlocker: 8:30am On Apr 11, 2018
How much did Shittu said ministers are earning few weeks ago?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by Samsimple(m): 8:30am On Apr 11, 2018
"parents listen to your children we are d leaders of tomorrow" indeed... all dis old men no wan commot from seat...
imagine buhari at 75 contesting it seem this man has lost it... 950,000 for doing wat exactly I weep 4 my country all this men should be in retirement homes receiving pension...

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by HigherEd: 8:30am On Apr 11, 2018
950,000 for a minister is not too bad. But the corruption is in the 'ungodly' allowances and laundered money they get.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by three: 8:30am On Apr 11, 2018
Allowances nko

We know it wasn't your salary as Governor you used to hire DEBOLA WILLIAMS CHUDE JIDEONWO & KOLA OYENIYIN & REDMEDIA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:31am On Apr 11, 2018
Lol. Y'all feel all Nigerians are dumb. Tell us about all the kickbacks, the allowances and self-centered negotiations with contractors.

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by HoodBillionaire: 8:31am On Apr 11, 2018
no sinner would go unpunished
no liars are in heaven

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 11, 2018
Hiss! Salary wey u no dey use.

4 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by eddyslim(m): 8:32am On Apr 11, 2018
GavelSlam:

If you have any contrary evidence on his remuneration please supply it.

Abeg park well jor

5 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 11, 2018
While you stole budget meant for your ministry.

4 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by DLuciano: 8:33am On Apr 11, 2018
Amaechi is a big thief hiding under the shadow of buhari claiming saint with his cow-brained master.

6 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by datola: 8:33am On Apr 11, 2018
I wonder these people do not realise Nigetians are wiser and smarter than them and their rehotorics.

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by chicoMX(m): 8:34am On Apr 11, 2018
Continue..

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by engrjacuzzi: 8:34am On Apr 11, 2018
be deceiving yourself Mr Minister. all the railway contracts, deals and projects nko

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: "N950,000 Is My Monthly Salary As A Minister" by obonujoker(m): 8:34am On Apr 11, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:

Demdem is Amaechi's boy....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Of Representatives Summons President Buhari Over Incessant Killings / Pendulum: Who Shall Tell The President Nigeria Is Dying? - Dele Momodu / Bandits Attack Military Camp In Zazzaga, Niger State. Set Vehicles On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.