Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay (17712 Views)

Ngige: My Monthly Salary As Minister Is N942,000 Monthly After Tax (Video) / Anguish, Pain And Despondence As Ondo State Civil Servants Receive Half Salaries / Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by OEPHIUS(m): 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2019
*EXCO approves more development projects

The administration of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has approved the payment of 13th month salary for all the civil servants and staff of all the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in the state, to celebrate the forthcoming Christmas with their loved ones.

The decision, part of the outcome of the State Executive Council (EXCO) meeting, was disclosed by the Commissioner for Environment, Hon. Chijioke Edeoga, who briefed newsmen on behalf of the Commissioner for Information, Nnanyelugo Chidi Aroh, who was absent.

It would be recalled that the Ugwuanyi administration has been consistent with the payment of the 13th month salary as Christmas bonus - a gesture the organized labour has described as “unprecedented in the history of Enugu State,” which “we never asked or agitated for”.

Briefing newsmen yesterday, Hon. Edeoga disclosed that the state government, in the spirit of Christmas, has paid the December salary of all civil servants and staff of MDAs in the state, adding that the 13th month salary will be paid “in a few days from now”.

The commissioner, who addressed the press, alongside the Commissioners for Works and Infrastructure, Finance, Chieftaincy Matters and Science and Technology, Engr. Greg Nnaji, Mrs. Adaonah Kene-Uyanwune, Dr. Charles Egumgbe and Sir. Carl Obi Kama, respectively, also disclosed that the council awarded contracts for more development projects worth over N700 million.

The projects, according to him, include the renovation/rehabilitation of Enugu State Judiciary complex, Independence Layout, Enugu at the sum of N189,493,901.89 and construction/rehabilitation of Amutenyi Obollo Afor-Umuenachi Amalla road, Udenu LGA, at the cost of N321,510,780.94.

Others include, access road and landscape works at 1x8 court room blocks A and B, Enugu North, Enugu South and Enugu East Magisterial Districts, for N138,090,832.83 and the ground water seepage control and soil stabilization works at the court premises to cost N59,916,024.00, totaling N709,011,539.66.

Hon. Edeoga further disclosed that the council rewarded the student of Girls Secondary School, Abakpa-Nike, Enugu State, Miss Chidiogo Jane Onoh, who emerged the overall winner in the country of the maiden edition of the essay writing competition of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), with the sum of N250,000.00 and a laptop “to encourage her and other children of Enugu State to strive to excel wherever they are”.

“We are trying to convey the information that there is reward for excellence, there is reward for merit, there is reward for hard work”, the commissioner said, adding that the council equally approved appreciation of some students of the state “who did very well in the National Mathematics Competition in Port Harcourt”.

Also speaking, the Commissioner for Science and Technology, Sir. Kama, added that the council consequently approved the sum of N250,000.00 and a laptop for the Enugu student that came first in the mathematics competition in Port Harcourt and N100,000.00 each for two other students of the state who took the second and third positions, respectively, stressing that the governor is education-friendly and the decision was “a way of encouraging our students to emulate these ones”.

On his part, the works and infrastructure commissioner, Engr. Nnaji, advised residents of the state to protect the existing road infrastructure during the festive season and “desist from burning tyres on our hard earned roads”.

On his part, the works and infrastructure commissioner, Engr. Nnaji, advised residents of the state to protect the existing road infrastructure during the festive season and “desist from burning tyres on our hard earned roads”.

He pointed out that such acts, usually carried out during the New Year cross-over night and eve of Christmas, destroy the roads, revealing that “our people will move round to apprehend those who will violate this directive”.

In her briefing, the Commissioner for Finance, Mrs. Uyanwune, while applauding the governor’s consistency in the payment of the 13th month salary in the state, confirmed that the December salary has been paid “so that civil servants will have enough time to do their Christmas shopping and meet other financial obligations of the season.

Their chieftaincy affairs counterpart, Dr. Egumgbe, who spoke about the state government’s conventional disposition to the traditional rulers in the state, especially during the Yuletide, stated that the government remains committed to “ensuring they (Royal Fathers) continue to partner the state in the maintenance of peace and security within our local domains”.
https://dailypost.ng/2019/12/14/yuletide-enugu-govt-approves-13th-month-salary-as-civil-servants-receive-december-pay/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by HenryWilliams(m): 4:12pm On Dec 14, 2019
When would LASG emulate this kind and thoughtful gesture? Even the so called Minimum Wage wasn't paid in full..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by Brandstudio01: 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2019
grin
That moment when your Debtor feel he's doing you a favor by releasing your own money.

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up.

13 Likes

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by Infinixhot6: 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
What a great news to my brothers and sisters from Enugu?
Walahi, this Christmas bonus sweet my bele.
How I wish I am from Enugu because of this hard-working Governor.
Anybody who will bad-mouth Gov. Ugwuanyi should lick my ass

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by solmusdesigns: 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
cool

Ajimobi did the same but later when revenue were low they called him all sort of shit for owing
he even gave them ajumose busses for transport, granted loan to them and gave them promotion but when he owed them during the short fall in crude oil price they went wild in insult and abuse and he arrongantly insulted them back

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by Josiel: 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

Ajimobi did the same but later when revenue were low they called him all sort of shit for owing

[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by hisexcellency34: 6:40pm On Dec 14, 2019
Ihedioha, master deceiver, can't you do same

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
But this man never pay November salaries nah
How come he is talking of December payment, gburugburu is a scam!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by ursullalinda(f): 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
Wow I can imagine their joy.....they should enjoy biko

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by olaboy33(m): 6:43pm On Dec 14, 2019
Why not concentrate more on paying 30k minimum wage?...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by olaadesino(m): 6:43pm On Dec 14, 2019
Some states are still owing their workers
Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by ZombieTERROR: 6:44pm On Dec 14, 2019
This stupid governor must be jailed

He's busy doing nothing in the state

Just propaganda. ..

Rubbish

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by ZombieTERROR: 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2019
olaadesino:

Is paying salaries now an achievement?

Didn't they work for it...

Nawah o

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by koolbe(m): 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2019
With 30k salary for graduate? Lol

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by Slawormir: 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2019
Infinixhot6:
What a great news to my brothers and sisters from Enugu?

Walahi, this Christmas bonus sweet my bele.

How I wish I am from Enugu because of this hard-working Governor.

Anybody who will bad-mouth Gov. Ugwuanyi should lick my ass
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Be a real niggarrr

The 13th month salary is just basic salary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by ZombieTERROR: 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:

Biggest scam after Buhari....

But he must be jailed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by Afamed: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2019
olaadesino:
Abia last paid salary LGA salary last June,2019

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by Victorex001(m): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2019
Brandstudio01:
That moment when your Debtor feel he's doing you a favor by releasing your own money

But if this was done by Lagos State it would have been lovely and good. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by Urbanboy09(m): 7:00pm On Dec 14, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:

He has paid Nov salary and also paid DEC salary yesterday.Am a civil servant in COAL city. Abeg carry ur hatred dey go

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by Angelfrost(m): 7:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
This Negro just likes making his fellow governors look bad... This kinda news will badly upset Ihedioha and the Kerosene giver. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by helinues: 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2019
Nice one
Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by MichaelUweh(m): 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2019
This dude called Uguanyi have been paying civil servants 13th months salaries right from inception as Governor , but treated corpers with a high level of disdain and approved just #800 as monthly allowee throughout my service year in Enugu ...ekwensu is his second name 4 such a treatment he meted on us 2016/2017 Batch A & B corps members and the rest.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by Lugianostar(m): 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2019
He did well for the civil servants but our digital Gov. Ayade is only speaking big grammer without showing working....!

What a great gesture from the 2019 best performing Governor

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by eagleeye2: 7:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
Abia state has never done this and not going to do it this year or even next year....
NB.
SEMB(secondary school teachers) were last paid in February 2019... All hail God's own state .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by Ladycoolbreeze(f): 7:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
Congratulations to all Enugu civil servants. Then twas cross River now Enugu and taken over the trend

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
All this idiot governor knows is how to pay salaries.

No mega projects like industries/factories.

He should learn from Ben Ayade

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by 24kmagic: 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
If them like make dem no spend that money judiciously. Christmas still far. By the time 25th reach now, money no go de to drink again.

The few ones weh go get sense live the money till around 25th go still Bleep up before new year. Them go use am drink from that 25th till 2nd January, forgetting say school fees and other necessary bills de to pay for new year. Na to de go beg for their children school fees up and down. Landlord sef go begin worry.

Some of them go think say January salary go enter quick, not knowing say till 31st Jan.

Spend wisely this yuletide biko

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay by Chris2863(m): 7:25pm On Dec 14, 2019
Brandstudio01:
grin
That moment when your Debtor feel he's doing you a favor by releasing your own money.

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up.
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi doesn't owe workers even for one day. My parents are civil servants working in Enugu. So I can tell you more about that

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

31 Stolen Inec’s Card Readers Recovered From Rivers’ Bush / EndSARS: Ikpeazu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Aba And Umuahia / Army: We Are Now Ready For Criticisms From Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.