Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,154 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Optometrists thread?? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Optometrists thread?? (991 Views)

70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics / FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness / Doctors, Opticians And Optometrists In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Optometrists thread?? by Unlimited22: 7:59am On Apr 11, 2018
According to the WHO and WCO, Optometry is a healthcare profession that is autonomous, educated, and regulated (licensed/registered), and optometrists are the primary healthcare practitioners of the eye and visual system who provide comprehensive eye and vision care, which includes refraction and dispensing, detection/diagnosis and management of disease in the eye, and the rehabilitation of conditions of the visual system.
This means optometry and optometrists are an integral part of the healthcare system worldwide, and Nigeria shouldn't be an exception.
I therefore find it a bit difficult to understand that there's no live or even dead thread for these great professionals. It's maddening.
Therefore, if there are any optometrists on NL, y'all can make us a nice thread for optometrists where cases can be discussed and knowledge shared, and the public can seek advice. Also, students and intending optometrists can know exactly what their profession entails, and it will also help foster a sense of camaraderie that is essential to the growth of any organisation. Thanks in anticipation!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Optometrists thread?? by jgoody(m): 8:02am On Apr 11, 2018
Discover a useful weight-loss supplement for your body
At an affordable price
Click the link below
https://www.goodfitnessonline.com
Re: Optometrists thread?? by donjazet(m): 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
Unlimited22, where did you study optometry?
Re: Optometrists thread?? by Unlimited22: 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2020
donjazet:
Unlimited22, where did you study optometry?
Abia State University.
Re: Optometrists thread?? by donjazet(m): 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
Unlimited22:

Abia State University.

In isiukwuato?
Re: Optometrists thread?? by Unlimited22: 11:06pm On Aug 31, 2020
donjazet:

Near mbj?
Wait, did you live in Uturu, or are you from there?

It's a 60 naira bus ride from Absu to Mbj.
Re: Optometrists thread?? by donjazet(m): 1:16am On Sep 01, 2020
Unlimited22:

Wait, did you live in Uturu, or are you from there?

It's a 60 naira bus ride from Absu to Mbj.

My best friend comes from there. He also studied at absu.
Re: Optometrists thread?? by Unlimited22: 11:43pm On Apr 08, 2021
Mrphilia, I didn't see your mail o.

Message me on 081 6 57 4 00 5 3
Re: Optometrists thread?? by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 25, 2021
Hi Unlimited22
How're you doing?

Please I'd like to ask a question
I have a history of eye problem...I went to a private eye clinic then...my complaints then was eyes always itching me...and not seeing things from afar...I lost the glasses then

I collected another pair of glasses from another place again but I couldn't continue using it cause it usually gave me a headache

I continued managing the eyes...it gradually progressed to me not seeing anything on the board in class despite always sitting in the front row,not seeing or able to make out people's faces again sometimes look blurry sef unless they are directly in front of me or just a few steps away not too now talk of something far... sometimes one of my eyes will just be red ... sometimes both...
I'm honestly confused...I don't know if it is enough reason to go back to see an eye doctor...(please don't see this question or act as foolish)...my mind just keeps telling me it isn't enough reason and I keep stalling going to see a doctor
And which would you advise....a private eye clinic or a teaching hospital?

Sorry for the long story
Re: Optometrists thread?? by Unlimited22: 9:15pm On May 25, 2021
Melonyyy:
Hi Unlimited22
How're you doing?

Please I'd like to ask a question
I have a history of eye problem...I went to a private eye clinic then...my complaints then was eyes always itching me...and not seeing things from afar...I lost the glasses then

I collected another pair of glasses from another place again but I couldn't continue using it cause it usually gave me a headache

I continued managing the eyes...it gradually progressed to me not seeing anything on the board in class despite always sitting in the front row,not seeing or able to make out people's faces again sometimes look blurry sef unless they are directly in front of me or just a few steps away not too now talk of something far... sometimes one of my eyes will just be red ... sometimes both...
I'm honestly confused...I don't know if it is enough reason to go back to see an eye doctor...(please don't see this question or act as foolish)...my mind just keeps telling me it isn't enough reason and I keep stalling going to see a doctor
And which would you advise....a private eye clinic or a teaching hospital?

Sorry for the long story
If you're in a big city, go to a teaching hospital or federal Medical Center. And please wear your glasses as prescribed. All the symptoms you're having are just because you need glasses and you're not using any.

Them no Dey manage eyes o
Re: Optometrists thread?? by Nobody: 2:24am On May 26, 2021
Unlimited22:

If you're in a big city, go to a teaching hospital or federal Medical Center. And please wear your glasses as prescribed. All the symptoms you're having are just because you need glasses and you're not using any.

Them no Dey manage eyes o
Alright...thanks so much...I appreciate

(1) (Reply)

I Need Solutions To Varicoceles / IF You're Suffering From Any Type Of ULCER, You Need To See This / How To Get Pink Lips In A Week Without Using Cream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.