Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page (45917 Views)

IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin / LAUTECH Suspends Certificate Of Graduate Who Claimed A Lecturer Victimised Him / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by GrammarCheck: 5:50am On Apr 12, 2018
goodnessme02:

since a simple correction would have resolved this then I should correct you

it should have been "resolved" and not "resolve"

His entire comment needs correction.
Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by suremanpatriot: 6:16am On Apr 12, 2018
This is what you get in Nigeria where certificate is rated more than the ability to perform. Pity! smiley
Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:28am On Apr 12, 2018
eleojo23:
The north has a problem but they won't admit it and try to find solution.

If you talk now they will attack you and that is another problem which they have - 'anger issues'

Their matter dey tire person abeg..

Patience Jonathan that had been AK47ing us to the point of national and international embarrassment was also a northerner, abi?
Perhaps these examples are also by northerners; in fact you don't have to go that far, just look for them here at Nairaland, there are many of them.

Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by 0monnak0da: 6:58am On Apr 12, 2018
goodnessme02:

I so hate it when we console ourselves with "English is a borrowed language".....
the simple truth is......if you have gone through the school system for 14 years and cannot construct simple grammar, you are a capital failure

it's very much possible to make pardonable mistakes but it'll be pardonable if atleast has meaning and can be understood
English!She is still borrowing language. We cannot pay finissh
That is why Lagos is goods self.
We can now speak a Yorubas in we classes with no fears.
Yoruba fun Ile Eko Giga
Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by Adebanjids1(m): 8:25am On Apr 12, 2018
Now you see the why PMB will not boldly come on platforms for Presidential Debates...

Good English He can't speak
Brain em no get
Analogued Brain Man....

Call it Hate Speech and have thunder fire u!
Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by Tomoyayi(m): 8:28am On Apr 12, 2018
Bifrost:

Corrected:

"Since a simple correction would have resolved this, then I should correct you."

"It should have been 'resolved' and not 'resolve'."

You should also learn to punctuate your sentences and use upper case letters where necessary. tongue

Nice one, over sabi people plenty for NL
Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by hahn(m): 8:46am On Apr 12, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Of course English language isn't our language. Yes the guy made mistake a but he should have being been corrected. To speak sef dey hard talk more to type. Nobody is above mistake that include includes you,me and the poster

I understand that you feel you need to support your comrade since you are obviously birds of the same feather

I have helped you to fix your new blunders

But I need to ask, is it that people like you who can't read and write didn't go to school or what? I don't understand how you guys continue to make simple mistakes repeatedly undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by UfuomaUN(m): 9:09am On Apr 12, 2018
And this one would get a job in a flash while someone more deserving will remain in anguish cos of quota system!
Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by ebby9z(m): 10:35am On Apr 12, 2018
This is very bad. English is our language of instruction. If you cannot articulate yourself in English, how will you impart on your students? This is very critical and we should stop hiding under the guise of "English is not our language" "English is not the true measure of intelligence" blah blah blah. Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by beeyourduhn(m): 10:39am On Apr 12, 2018
Want to launch a World-class career?*

THE REFINERY, Nigeria's Topmost Career Development Program prepares you for any global 21st Century workplace!
Learn soft & technical skills required for HR, Investment Bank, Accounting & Audit, Consulting and other Business careers and get interviewed for a slot to intern in top Investment banks in London, Canada and US this summer.
To apply visit http://tlt.mn/theref
To apply for a Career coach today visit http://tlt.mn/ccentre
Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by gfreymom302: 10:56am On Apr 12, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Ok
you corrected a mistake with just another. You wrote 'a some'
Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by ImaIma1(f): 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
asuustrike2009:
A simple correction would have resolve this from the commentators. Nobody is perfect moreover English language is a borrowed language

But it us our Lingua Franca taught right form pre school. Mistakes are inevitable but when it is too much, it is unacceptable. Besides, the guy is allegedly a graduate of English.
Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
hahn:

I understand that you feel you need to support your comrade since you are obviously birds of the same feather

I have helped you to fix your new blunders

But I need to ask, is it that people like you who can't read and write didn't go to school or what? I don't understand how you guys continue to make simple mistakes repeatedly undecided
Puisque vous savez tout de nous enseigner
Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by goodnessme02: 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2018
asuustrike2009:

which is interpreted as
"Since you know everything to teach us"

see as oversabi dey worry you, you never even understand English finish, na French you wan take show urself abi....

.......ride on
Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by oobinna: 4:49pm On Apr 12, 2018
goodnessme02:

on social media platform​? haba
Ookies ooo.....point noted

you self shaa wan put head for the matter.....we don see you
Jokes though my brother. I celebrate you. Bless you
Jesus is Lord!
Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by hahn(m): 8:27am On Apr 13, 2018
asuustrike2009:

As you no sabi write in English na

Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by chii8(f): 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2018
Goodday people, please with respect to the Batch B Device collection,has anyone received SMS for Floss Device? (I am in this category and really need idea on how to go about collecting mine)

1 Like

Re: N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page by kinsnazzy: 2:51am On Apr 20, 2018
To chii 8, this batch b for what year of npower.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK / 20 Of The Most Common Grammatical Errors We All Need To Stop Making / First 100 Universities In Africa(ranking)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.