Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time (19568 Views)

Gnld Don Finally Catch Me. / Victim Of GNLD - Funny Meme / 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by danxzy: 9:54am On Apr 12, 2018
Earthbound:
This Nairaland account belongs to my alter ego. You might have seen him on some threads here in the comment section. Joblessness is what makes him on Nairaland most of the time, coupled with the fact that we both hate other forms of social media. Recently, we've submitted some applications online so as not to drown in unemployment.

Today, brothers and sisters, after receiving an email to an invite for an interview at a 'construction company', I was met with the shock of my life!

I boarded a bus from Opebi to Anthony, then to UPS bus top at Gbagada. I was running late. The 'interview' was slated for 9am and it was about 8:45am I found my way into the industrial estate stated on the address. I said to myself, 'how will your potential employers view this lateness, you don f up!' After asking around, I finally got the address. I received a call from the lady who invited me to the 'interview' asking where i was. I was elated! To cut the long story medium, I found myself in a crowded hall with certain people each screaming on top of their voices to small groups of people. As I looked around the hall knowing I've been scammed into wasting valuable transport fare, I found myself looking face to face with a huge poster that read 'Neolife' with GNLD written somewhere at the bottom corner. I felt h
deeply betrayed.

Fast forward to a couple of minutes later, my 'sponsor' was screaming on top of her voice, made up acronyms of words like JOB, SALARY, etc. I was just devastated. If I'd allowed Earthbound out, He would have created a huge scene, so I had him suppressed.

At the seminar, the speaker went on and on about how messed up it is to be an employee and not a 'freelancer'. I wasn't buying it. If I'm selling someone else's product, network people, under the same product, I'm definitely working for whoever is paying me at the end of the day. Maybe he was making sense but I was just madly pissed I was basically lied to. I'm not one to build anything, a relationship, business, on a lie.

I would like to know if anyone here has experienced this kind of thing. It has to stop. How can you lie to get an unemployed person's hopes up in getting a job only for you to turn around and ask him/her to bring N13250 to register for network marketing? That's just pure evil.

God is watching you GDNL people.

Modified

Please if you have experience with this, please share their various methodologies and possibly addresses to help other job seekers. Thanks.

Same with me here, exactly the same way it happened but mine was early last year.the worst part of it is that they will putr pressure on u to pay thye money no matrter how much u have for that moment. I nearly cried on my own day
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 12, 2018
Earthbound:

Twice?? How? Do they have more than one centre for that scam?

I there’s not much difference between GNLD and MMM.
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by histemple: 9:59am On Apr 12, 2018
What they are doing is criminal. Please report them to the nearest police station and they would be charged for personification and OBT.

When you advertise for a false vacancy just to deceive geniune job seekers, you are worse than armed robbers. Some of these job seekers borrow money for transportation.

2 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by upuphim(m): 10:01am On Apr 12, 2018
I was scammed, too out of desperation to get a job after being laid off. 13,250 is the beginning, the next is about N90,000 on induction day for a rewarding level of marketing. Their training is serious brain washing and seminar admittance so restricted to keep secrecy.
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Okkyy: 10:01am On Apr 12, 2018
Mobile AC for sale..
If interested notify on my whatsapp page. 08034121821.
For pictures...
Functional and good working condition.
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Alexis410(f): 10:02am On Apr 12, 2018
Chai
I feel ur pain
D exact thing happened to me and I was so pissed
Same Neolife
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by AK481(m): 10:04am On Apr 12, 2018
ehinmowo:
It happened to me rwice. One at Ilupeju and the other at Amaraolu (Ogba side). I still received one yesterday. A supposed company at Abuja. But ones is a mistake. Twice, a coincidence. But thrice is gullibility.

I can now smell them light years away. By d way, d GNLD company that sent me d last email is LIVE RESOURCES. I might be saving someone's t. fare.

Tips: how to knw dem
1. A text or mail without company name
2. Most of their names have RESOURCES in it
3. If there is a name, google search it with hyphen nairaland (i.e Live Resource company-nairaland). Nairaland has done wonders in exposing them
4. D customer care contact on d text or mail relunctant to gv info abt d company
5. Eagerness to reschedule your interview date if u cudnt make it etc

No... the best Wayne of knowing is just copy the address and google it,and click on the one with nairaland.

They may change there name but they can’t change their address frequently.

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Ayotemide(f): 10:06am On Apr 12, 2018
I was called from school for the 'job'.

We sat from 10 till 7pm before the 'motivational speaker' announced that it was GNLD. I cannot express the pain I felt, it was just the most unproductive time I ever spent. For a scam !

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by CoachEdward(m): 10:08am On Apr 12, 2018
Network marketing is a business model that combine franchising and sales.
It is a good business okay but the way GNLD is doing the business people have tag it to be a scam or fake job.
I know someone who was scam of more 100k by one Nzekwu Peace, if you hear her name please run because she has cheat many people that she introduce the business too, NEOLIFE business is good but the people that call their self leaders have use it to cheat and scam people.
You can try another network marketing business. This is the business of the 21st century but please beware of your sponsor.
#BewarePeaceNzekwu.
#She is a liar and scammer
#Beware of Grandlead Heritage.

Thanks......
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by sekem: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2018
You have to start from somewhere wink

But on a second thought, have you considered writing?

Your writing was kinda flowing...
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by MrGift(m): 10:15am On Apr 12, 2018
That was how my elder brother travelled all the way from Asaba to Lagos, putting his life at risk, wasted his time and money.. Ath the end of the day, it was this GNLD guys..

Me on the other hand during my 1 year industrial training, I saw this advert about a job, omo na im I apply o, on the day of the interview, they called me countless times I became skeptical about the whole thing because of the constant calling , I was like well make I just try go. On getting there I met crowd and some group of people giving them lectures and all, chai I nearly cry.. I just vex comot..
Those guys na better scammers dem be!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Teeboi56: 10:17am On Apr 12, 2018
Na so one guy like dis deceive me too
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Kakamorufu(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2018
I was invited for an interview by those people around 2013. That was after nysc. It was at one Yba building at sabo, in mokola area of ibadan. I was happy and glad i got an inivitation for an interview.
I Called my elder sis, she gave me some interview tips. Then next day, i set out to mokola. I got to the place, thats when i started feeling kind of betrayed. The place dosen't look like a company. Well. I gathered courage and enter the hall. I met lots of other applicants. After some minutes, they gave us a sheet of paper with already printed questions. They asked us to give definitions to them. We had to do that within 5 minutes. We finished and submitted. That's when one dude putting on color riot started telling us about core values and goals. Bla bla bla. Thats when it dawned on me that na scam. Asking us to pay 8,500 to get nutrition license. Imagine. I left there in anger.

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Terryonye(m): 10:26am On Apr 12, 2018
ehinmowo:
It happened to me rwice. One at Ilupeju and the other at Amaraolu (Ogba side). I still received one yesterday. A supposed company at Abuja. But ones is a mistake. Twice, a coincidence. But thrice is gullibility.

I can now smell them light years away. By d way, d GNLD company that sent me d last email is LIVE RESOURCES. I might be saving someone's t. fare.

3. If there is a name, google search it with hyphen nairaland (i.e Live Resource company-nairaland). Nairaland has done wonders in exposing them
4. D customer care contact on d text or mail relunctant to gv info abt d company

I recently received a message from them for the second time.
I guess im wiser now since I once had this same experience.

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by RSVP: 10:28am On Apr 12, 2018
I got into an agurment with 2 girls brain washed into dis GLND scam program...HAHA it wasn't funny.

Dey be using dus babe sotéh her sandal sef don bend but dey still beliv GNLD hold beta future for dem.

Fine babes oo cry embarassed

2 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by DonPikko: 10:32am On Apr 12, 2018
Earthbound:

I Googled the name and address, there wasn't a real website but a Vconnect page verifying the company. I'm telling you those people must be getting smarter.
did you send your cv to them?
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by nwaonyeze001(m): 10:35am On Apr 12, 2018
ehinmowo:

correct .......number 5 tip,
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by MissMich(f): 10:36am On Apr 12, 2018
Earthbound:

Chai! See them o!
lolsss.. be shouting see them oh while your mates are smiling to the bank every month.. lemme quickly remind you that more Corp members are passing out soon and will join in the labour market.. continue flattering yourself while others are making money
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by HSE2018: 10:37am On Apr 12, 2018
I boarded a bus from Enugu to lagos for a job interview only to find myself in such a mess in 2015.

Very worrisome!
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Barzinime(m): 10:38am On Apr 12, 2018
Any company that sends you a text to come for interview the next day is a scam wink

3 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 12, 2018
I truly wonder why they always have to lie and fake their identity. If they are open and straight forward, they will still get those who want to truly do their network marketing.

I attended one some years ago where one invitee had travelled down from Ibadan to Lagos. In the middle of their lecture, this young lady got up and started shouting at them at the top of her voice. That why did they have to deceive them. That she came from Ibadan. She then turned and advised us to leave o that those people were networking scammers. Mehnn... See commotion. She left and several others left after her.

The scammers were asking for about 8k or was it 14k to make ID cards for us to start our seminar networking marketing 'job'. I ran especially after getting home to ask my brother for money and him telling me that no genuine employer will ask money for anything from job seekers. That was the only one I wasted trans on. I later learnt how to recognize them n when in doubt, check them out online. You will find bad reviews or nothing at all about them. The ones with nothing online may likely be new networking scammers or those that have changed name/address/mode.

2 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by jericco1(m): 10:41am On Apr 12, 2018
i don't think there's any difference between yours and mine.
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by subcbouy: 10:41am On Apr 12, 2018
fatymore:
During my IT days.. A friend introduced me to it in the name of offering me a job.. I got there,sat down and listened to their lectures.. They even helped me to do flyers for free.. I promised to come back the next day under pretense.. Even saw a neighbor there... I know she would feel embarrassed....

Second encounter with them.. Was last year when I was looking for job.. I applied for the job though, because I saw the advertisement. When I was sent an invitation to come.. I was skeptical about the address but I summoned courage...I didn't even bothered to enter when I saw the place.. I ran immediately..Moya ya danu. Thats why any invitation from alapere ketu and co is a no no for me..
The job I am doing presently I would have missed it too cos I thought they were gnld because of the company's name... Was not even looking forward or prepared.. It was when I got to the environment I did normal...

For me these people need to be arrested. It is not fair to job seekers

"Moya danu" got me cracked ribs gringringrin

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by ahmedbanj(m): 10:44am On Apr 12, 2018
May d God of thunder strike all dose GNLD people,stupid time wasters! awon oloriburuku!

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 12, 2018
DonPikko:
did you send your cv to them?

I had submitted several applications online. I guess one of them must have been a front for them
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by fatymore(f): 10:46am On Apr 12, 2018
subcbouy:
"Moya danu" got me cracked ribs gringringrin
lols
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2018
MissMich:

lolsss.. be shouting see them oh while your mates are smiling to the bank every month.. lemme quickly remind you that more Corp members are passing out soon and will join in the labour market.. continue flattering yourself while others are making money

That's what MMM people said.
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by manikspears: 10:50am On Apr 12, 2018
MissMich:
My husband/wife - i have one too
My children - I have 3 of them
My job - I have one too
I am broke - that pushed me to make a decision

I am really busy - I was and am still busy
You are a risk taker - Breathing itself is risky and we all do
I don't have the time - We both have 24 hrs

I don't know anybody - When you have a party, who are those you remember to invite?how many people do you have on your contactlist? How many Facebook friends do you have?

I don't know how to market - You are marketing every time you forward/broadcast a message for free, direct people to your hairstylist, fashion designer...etc How many social media platform do you operate? Are you getting paid for using them?

I don't know how to sell - You sold yourself at the interview that got you your job... Basic instinct
I am shy - I was shy but today i can stand before people and talk

Network Marketing is not just a business it helps you become a better version of yourself.
Everyone has the same reasons not to join, but most of us decided we are bigger than our excuses, that is why we are where we are.

Dare to be different.
Dare to make a change.
Dare to be a better you.

Discard your excuses and embrace your strength
Everyone needs a PLAN B

bull nonsense undecided
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by daneni1(m): 10:53am On Apr 12, 2018
This is the simple trick I use anytime I get their invite. I just typed in the address stated on the text message sent to me on Google search engine, lo and behold I will see what they are all about. Most times I have seen lots of peoples comment about how they have been scammed.

I have also saved a friend from travelling to another state with this same trick.
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Gentlevin: 10:57am On Apr 12, 2018
And most of those messages become rampant when Corp members are about to pass out so that they can easily catch these inexperienced ones.....

When I just passed out back then I received the invitation to attend an interview around palm grove side.....after all the talk and grammar and claiming to buy Porsche from the Biz, they said we should pay money( 13k or thereabout)......they were even asking those who were interested to meet personally in a closed office......mehn those guys can brainwash....
......run from them ooooo.....thank God I had no cash on me to pay for that crap maybe them for don brainwash me.....

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by fimi: 11:11am On Apr 12, 2018
Barzinime:
Any company that sends you a text to come for interview the next day is a scam wink
gbam, God bless u
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by seamus387(m): 11:21am On Apr 12, 2018
some people self. must you Condemned wht others are doing when u r nt interested. people are making it big in dis networking business..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4625 Graduates Apply For Amotekun Job In Osun / Conoil Recruitment? / Getting Job After NYSC: How Long Is Too Long?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.