Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,586 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time (19578 Views)

Gnld Don Finally Catch Me. / Victim Of GNLD - Funny Meme / 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by johnnyn1(m): 11:22am On Apr 12, 2018
My Experience with them.

Few years back i was teaching in a standard Montessori school with fully Air conditioned Class.

But you know how teaching job can be frustrating.
I was at same time looking out for a better job. Then a friend of mine hint me up on a company hiring at Onipanu
I got there early but spent like 20 minute to get the precise brown building..
So I entered the compound and immediately knew It was a Gnld shit.I asked for the dude name and smh I was given a protocol approach like write ur name and phone no etc..

I was so pissed that I left my cool and intelligent kids with my nicely decorated classroom for this shithole.
Well I acted along so as to know all their tricks and approach..
At the long run we were asked to write a test and the results would be forwarded to our phones.
It was disastrous as I saw my fellow Nigerians solving mathematics grin cheesy
Well I just gave em the sheet of paper and walked out.

At evening I got a text saying Congratulations bla blah bla blah..
I hissed and I knew I could never ever fall victim of em.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by laivwire(m): 11:40am On Apr 12, 2018
johnnyn1:
My Experience with them.

Few years back i was teaching in a standard Montessori school with fully Air conditioned Class.

I was at same time looking out for a better job. Then a friend of mine hint me up on a company hiring at Onipanu
So I entered the compound and immediately knew It was a Gnld shit.I asked for the dude name and smh I was given a protocol approach like write ur name and phone no etc..

I was so pissed that I left my cool and intelligent kids with my nicely decorated classroom for this shithole.
At the long run we were asked to write a test and the results would be forwarded to our phones.

Congratulations on an unwritten exam grin grin grin Talk of kwarupshen.

2 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by kingchris30(m): 11:40am On Apr 12, 2018
GNLD is not just being unfair to job seekers, they are also spoiling companies reputation and making networking market look bad. the truth is that networking market is cool, if you are the type and if you get a good one but they dont have to lie to people, is annoying. I think they should start taking legal action against them

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 12, 2018
seamus387:
some people self. must you Condemned wht others are doing when u r nt interested. people are making it big in dis networking business..
Can't they just be sincere when seeking for these so called interested people? Their lying and faking to lure job seekers is disgusting.

3 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by DonPikko: 11:51am On Apr 12, 2018
Earthbound:

I had submitted several applications online. I guess one of them must have been a front for them
are you a fresh graduate?, if you receive invite next time , go to google search for company name, if you don't get substantial information, go to LinkedIn and search, if there's no info, then it's fake.

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by DonPikko: 11:53am On Apr 12, 2018
Loisemm:

Can't they just be sincere when seeking for these so called interested people? Their lying and faking to lure job seekers is disgusting.
they can only lure job seekers seeking for any kind of job.
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Pheo: 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
Earthbound:
This Nairaland account belongs to my alter ego. You might have seen him on some threads here in the comment section. Joblessness is what makes him on Nairaland most of the time, coupled with the fact that we both hate other forms of social media. Recently, we've submitted some applications online so as not to drown in unemployment.

Today, brothers and sisters, after receiving an email to an invite for an interview at a 'construction company', I was met with the shock of my life!

I boarded a bus from Opebi to Anthony, then to UPS bus top at Gbagada. I was running late. The 'interview' was slated for 9am and it was about 8:45am I found my way into the industrial estate stated on the address. I said to myself, 'how will your potential employers view this lateness, you don f up!' After asking around, I finally got the address. I received a call from the lady who invited me to the 'interview' asking where i was. I was elated! To cut the long story medium, I found myself in a crowded hall with certain people each screaming on top of their voices to small groups of people. As I looked around the hall knowing I've been scammed into wasting valuable transport fare, I found myself looking face to face with a huge poster that read 'Neolife' with GNLD written somewhere at the bottom corner. I felt h
deeply betrayed.

Fast forward to a couple of minutes later, my 'sponsor' was screaming on top of her voice, made up acronyms of words like JOB, SALARY, etc. I was just devastated. If I'd allowed Earthbound out, He would have created a huge scene, so I had him suppressed.

At the seminar, the speaker went on and on about how messed up it is to be an employee and not a 'freelancer'. I wasn't buying it. If I'm selling someone else's product, network people, under the same product, I'm definitely working for whoever is paying me at the end of the day. Maybe he was making sense but I was just madly pissed I was basically lied to. I'm not one to build anything, a relationship, business, on a lie.

I would like to know if anyone here has experienced this kind of thing. It has to stop. How can you lie to get an unemployed person's hopes up in getting a job only for you to turn around and ask him/her to bring N13250 to register for network marketing? That's just pure evil.

God is watching you GDNL people.

Modified

Please if you have experience with this, please share their various methodologies and possibly addresses to help other job seekers. Thanks.

you're not the only one oo..I had an experience during my 200l days.
you know unilorin gives long vacation and I was looking for a job. I was told about an ushering job where dey pay 5k per day and I was happy about it
from ogba to dopemu that day, I didn't even know the venue well, kept asking around for directions and lots of trekking only for me to meet a truck load of people at the venue giving me network marketing seminars and how being an entrepreneur is the best, when dey actually need a job cos they all look hungry
but I learnt 2 things.
1. be an entrepreneur
2. don't believe a hungry looking man on the street of Lagos sharing job interview tracts

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by ImaIma1(f): 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
ehinmowo:
It happened to me rwice. One at Ilupeju and the other at Amaraolu (Ogba side). I still received one yesterday. A supposed company at Abuja. But ones is a mistake. Twice, a coincidence. But thrice is gullibility.

I can now smell them light years away. By d way, d GNLD company that sent me d last email is LIVE RESOURCES. I might be saving someone's t. fare.

Tips: how to knw dem
1. A text or mail without company name
2. Most of their names have RESOURCES in it
3. If there is a name, google search it with hyphen nairaland (i.e Live Resource company-nairaland). Nairaland has done wonders in exposing them
4. D customer care contact on d text or mail relunctant to gv info abt d company
5. Eagerness to reschedule your interview date if u cudnt make it etc

And they always give detailed address even adding closest bus stops and landmarks.

They usually start with..."based on referral" or "based on CV review"

They throw around big titles like saying the HR Director wants to have a chat with you...
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Pheo: 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
kingchris30:
GNLD is not just being on fair to job seekers, they are also spoiling the some company reputation and making networking market look bad, the truth is that networking market is cool, if you are the type and if you get a good one but you sont have to lie to people, is annoying. I think they should start taking legal action against them

the worse part is their drugs don't even work

4 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Kissup(f): 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
It has happened to me i had to borrow transport i got there and realized it was GNLD.i was so pissed no enough transport back home.i told my sponsor that he should give me money so i can pay transport to the Atm machine.he gave me 200naira.my dear i added up with the 100naira i was having back to my house.he later called and said you are a liar i told him you lied first.its annoying joor
Earthbound:
This Nairaland account belongs to my alter ego. You might have seen him on some threads here in the comment section. Joblessness is what makes him on Nairaland most of the time, coupled with the fact that we both hate other forms of social media. Recently, we've submitted some applications online so as not to drown in unemployment.

Today, brothers and sisters, after receiving an email to an invite for an interview at a 'construction company', I was met with the shock of my life!

I boarded a bus from Opebi to Anthony, then to UPS bus top at Gbagada. I was running late. The 'interview' was slated for 9am and it was about 8:45am I found my way into the industrial estate stated on the address. I said to myself, 'how will your potential employers view this lateness, you don f up!' After asking around, I finally got the address. I received a call from the lady who invited me to the 'interview' asking where i was. I was elated! To cut the long story medium, I found myself in a crowded hall with certain people each screaming on top of their voices to small groups of people. As I looked around the hall knowing I've been scammed into wasting valuable transport fare, I found myself looking face to face with a huge poster that read 'Neolife' with GNLD written somewhere at the bottom corner. I felt h
deeply betrayed.

Fast forward to a couple of minutes later, my 'sponsor' was screaming on top of her voice, made up acronyms of words like JOB, SALARY, etc. I was just devastated. If I'd allowed Earthbound out, He would have created a huge scene, so I had him suppressed.

At the seminar, the speaker went on and on about how messed up it is to be an employee and not a 'freelancer'. I wasn't buying it. If I'm selling someone else's product, network people, under the same product, I'm definitely working for whoever is paying me at the end of the day. Maybe he was making sense but I was just madly pissed I was basically lied to. I'm not one to build anything, a relationship, business, on a lie.

I would like to know if anyone here has experienced this kind of thing. It has to stop. How can you lie to get an unemployed person's hopes up in getting a job only for you to turn around and ask him/her to bring N13250 to register for network marketing? That's just pure evil.

Modified

Please if you have experience with this, please share their various methodologies and possibly addresses to help other job seekers. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by xpresseeve: 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2018
Earthbound:

Brother I've learnt my lesson.

Please disregard the advice where you are told that if the company does not have a website it is fake.
Internet penetration may be very high in Nigeria but there are a whole lot of companies that do not have online presence.

Just so you know there are many distribution companies, medium scale manufacturing companies that do not consider having a presence on the Internet a priority.

By way of example, I know a major steel magnet in Ketu Alapere who pays graduates as much as 150k monthly who does not have any Internet presence but has a turnover of over 1 Billion Naira monthly. The man couldn't be bothered. As a matter of fact the company does not do electronic transfers but write cheques like they were still in 1990.

Every interview you attend will provide you an experience you need for the future.

Network marketing as a sales model has produced many Milionaires in Nigeria and indeed all over the world.
However it is fradulent for them to pretend to be construction companies.

The chances of getting a job now are becoming ever slimmer for the Nigerian graduate.
Assess every offer and invite objectively before deciding on what to do. And remember that one offer may just be a necessary rung on the ladder to success.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Ahmiee(f): 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
just once cause a friend of mine saw a poster where they specified they needed someone for a vacant space for office secretary. so she copied the no and called them so they told us to come on Monday in the morning by 8 . omoh my friends wear cooperate as per interview work. me mah i wore my causal clothe i send, we even paid for a drop from the house to the place, so when we got there the girl that my friends having been talking with, that asked we come for the interview directed us upstairs we also saw alot of people there too both young and old. they asked us to sit like is a circler position, so a guy came out and was asking us questions. why people graduate without getting job. that parents should invest money in business inst3ad of sending their children to schl. mahn i know i was annoyed, the thing continued for good two hours, when he finished another one came and started saying the same thing the first person said. damn i couldn't take it any longer, told the guy i wanto leave he said i should stay for some mins. and also i didnt eat before coming out, i got angry stood up and left. my frnds followed suit
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
you are not alone ...attended one of thier seminars biggest waste of my time ever ..
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Rainmaker69(m): 1:34pm On Apr 12, 2018
Earthbound:

deeply betrayed.

Modified

I haven't said this in a long time... This is well written. I think the tone betrays your age bracket, but its always a breath of fresh air to read good stuff now and again.

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Vulcanheph(m): 1:55pm On Apr 12, 2018
Here in Calabar they don't use sms ..You will simply see a piece of paper on the wall saying
WINE COMPANY
in need of workers
educated -#70000
uneducated- #35000
call 080***
or you will see something like this.
VACANCY
GRACE HOTEL
Cleaner-#30000
cook-#40000 etc

and there is always something odd about their appearance ...don't fall a victim

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
Rainmaker69:

I haven't said this in a long time... This is well written. I think the tone betrays your age bracket, but its always a breath of fresh air to read good stuff now and again.

Thanks. I actually wrote this in a fit if rage. I'm 25, by the way.
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Omojudy: 2:39pm On Apr 12, 2018
IdeyFindWife:
Do they still pull such interview scams for real? And nobody's beating them?

I bet they felt they were "introducing the opportunity" to you grin
Truly, they should be beating them or whatever then it would stop. Simply advertise for marketers and remove that initial money and their products will be well marketed. And if a product is so good, they won't need to advertise this way, Yo-yo bitters, and such other high cost supliments, like centrum still dey sell na, make them go advertise for radio!
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Omojudy: 2:45pm On Apr 12, 2018
Earthbound:

I Googled the name and address, there wasn't a real website but a Vconnect page verifying the company. I'm telling you those people must be getting smarter.

V connect is the most untrust worthy resource. Fraudulent Babalawos are even registered there.

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by julaion: 2:46pm On Apr 12, 2018
Earthbound:

deeply betrayed.

Modified

i experienced same thing too and i lost 2k,i was very sad for me that day that i was scammed
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Omojudy: 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2018
upuphim:
I was scammed, too out of desperation to get a job after being laid off. 13,250 is the beginning, the next is about N90,000 on induction day for a rewarding level of marketing. Their training is serious brain washing and seminar admittance so restricted to keep secrecy.
You pay over 100k? You no think any biz to start with that?
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by NoToPile: 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
Why they have to lie is what I don't understand.

Let people know what they are coming for simple.
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
I like you, whats your government name??
DonPikko:
they can only lure job seekers seeking for any kind of job.
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by bedspread: 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
johnnyn1:
My Experience with them.

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Confor(m): 3:23pm On Apr 12, 2018
Mine was more than devastating. Omo it happened on Sunday 8th, April 2018,at the JUBRIL MARTINS SCHOOL ILORO AGEGE.
I met those guys at the front of Sweet Sensation Eatery Akowonjo Round / About and managed to give them attention if there programme will be different from those i have been avoiding.

After a short conversation with the guy, i asked the guy how long will the programme last? and he said just 2 hours from 2:30pm. So i headed for the place, on getting there i was registered and taken to a classroom. i was ordered to sit in the front Role thinking that the early birds will have something tangible to take home. When i looked up to the white Board some instructions were written there for listeners which makes me to have little or more patience for the Programme. The instruction reads:

1. OFF YOUR PHONE or PUT IT ON SILENCE

2. DO NOT EAT or DRINK

3. DO NOT ROAM ABOUT

4. DO NOT ASK ANY QUESTION UNTIL THE YOU ARE ASKED TO DO SO. If not exagerated.

About 15minutes that i arrived we were just 16 in numbers and and the programme begins. A Tall Lady just approched us from the back shouting at the top of her voice chanting some words like GET RICH WITH EASE or DIE POOR WHILE HUSTLING.

She told us a short story about her live and her parents especially her Father who used to be a Lagos Civil Servant that retired without anything. she mentioned how she came about the networking job and how her live has been transformed to the extent of wearing good cloth etc. After her long time lecture she introduced another Lady speaker, while the 1st lecture was on, my wife was calling me seriously but i do not want to break the stupid laws so i ignored the calls because of one stupid SUCCESS STATEMENT I HEARD FROM the 1st lady.

The second lady also at the top of her voice begins the same history of her poor live from BRT Ticketer, how she was molested by commuter to apprenticeship in a Tailoring shop. In her own lecture she condemned all SALARY EARNER, TRADERS because they live their lives mainly on Loans and nothing for them at the end of the day. But everybody needs to be informed about this Networking so as not to be DEFORMED blablabla.

Meanwhile, my wife keeps calling me and i i also ignored until her fone battery ran out of energy. The 3rd lady came and 4th also came with her Testimony. The way they were talking and and shouting had made me to know they were very aggressive to make money but not to help the needs.

At the end of the whole story they introduced their chairman with many claps and infact i was just very angry because i did not get any useful information for myself other than Embarrassment and waste of our precious time.

i got up decided to leave while the clap was on for OGA at the top. many of the Ambassadors approached me trying to convince me to wait till the end of the programme. I just showed them one Flight Ticket i have in my CARD ORDER and they said they will be waiting for me tomorrow which was Monday, i did not even respond because of the annoyance in me.

Lastly, i left the classroom for my wife's Shop but was trying to reach her on my way only to hear from the network provider that the number could not be reach. So i trecked to Ologunfe in Shasha area from Oniwaya Agege but my wife have closed and gone home. Then i have to go back home again at Akowonjo, this is enough story for me to be mad with those people. cry

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by omolorlarh: 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2018
Very bad people. I attended one but was quick to notice they are scammers and left after 2 hours of listening to their fake success stories. They called me tire.
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by obonujoker(m): 4:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
Lol.... I don laugh tire....

However I m looking for a primary 6 teacher for a school at Ogudu...

The school pays salary plus lesson money, and every teacher can make more if he/she indulges in private lesson, which is just 3 days, Monday thru Wednesday.....

If interested, hit me up, 08121183777.... the candidate should leave around Ogudu, ojota or Alapere...
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by felaismyhero(m): 4:46pm On Apr 12, 2018
manikspears:

bull nonsense undecided
ha!,god,dont mind d missmich or watever she calls herself.she has been brainwashed.she is reciting d same nonsense chants they say at their meetings.i tot brainwashing was possible only in the religious sphere.
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by DonPikko: 4:53pm On Apr 12, 2018
Pikko Atangbakun Oluwafariogun
DonPiiko:
I like you, whats your government name??
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
Piiko means big head for your info, it was never a compliment
DonPikko:
Pikko Atangbakun Oluwafariogun

2 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Thewesterner(m): 5:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
Just after service and outta desperation.... Trice have been a victim... I had to travel from Lag down to IBD for the last... Really painful
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by DonPikko: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
DonPiiko:
Piiko means big head for your info, it was never a compliment
is Piiko = Pikko??
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by DonPikko: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
Thewesterner:
Just after service and outta desperation.... Trice have been a victim... I had to travel from Lag down to IBD for the last... Really painful
you are a rich man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee Recruitment At KPMG Nigeria - Apply Now / NIS Recruitment: FG Gives Automatic Employment To 105 Candidates / Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.