Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over (11593 Views)

Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. / Kaduna On Fire Again. / Bomb Blast In Kaduna On Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by AbuMaryam1(m): 1:33am On May 14, 2010
what people in Kaduna are describing the choosing of Namadi Sambo as V.P is quiet unfurtunate. First of all, I'm a Northerner, i'm highly disappointed in the way the  V.P slot turn Arewa, i just realised that northe really means for muslim. During sardauna days both of muslim and xtian are having thesame preferences, thats wat make sardauna to be popular not only popular but wat makes him stronger. but today things have change anti-clockwise. All the names of would be V.P mentioned earlier by the media there's no single xtian, and yet they're northerners. the slogan is V.P must be from north it does not says northern xtian or northern muslim. could you imagine m
Must Nigeria have a Muslim president from north, and V.P xtian from south, and vise-verser
                                  In the case of Kaduna, there are indigenous Kaduna peaple that are xtian, are you ppl telling me they're second hand citizens?? look they have constitutional equal right with you muslims. What is wrong in xtian to be a Kaduna state governor Did i say makkah governor, am sure u ve heard it. Whenever we look back at the legacy of our founding fathers it always amaze us, why cant we emulate them When sardauna was alive he dissipate all his energy to unite northe, religiously ethnically and what have you. and he succeeded in achieving wat he want. If we are to grow as one we have to be tolerance, religiously and ethnically. I'M DISAPPOINTED IN YOU MY BROTHERS NORTHERNERS.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Nobody: 1:58am On May 14, 2010
^^everything in its own time.

given the situation in plateau, is it a good idea to stoke more tension right now.

of course it is for the arms dealers- that goes without saying.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Osama10(m): 2:24am On May 14, 2010
Make this country divide self with all this north vs south, muslim vs christain sh%t.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by EzeUche(m): 2:36am On May 14, 2010
^^^^^

Make the country divide North-Southwest-Southeast. No fictional South-South!!!
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Osama10(m): 2:50am On May 14, 2010
EzeUche:

^^^^^

Make the country divide North-Southwest-Southeast. No fictional South-South!!!

What is fictional south-south?
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by EzeUche(m): 2:53am On May 14, 2010
Osama10:

What is fictional south-south?

The fictional Niger Delta Republic
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Osama10(m): 3:13am On May 14, 2010
EzeUche:

The fictional Niger Delta Republic

So Niger Delta is fictional to you now?
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by amadiva1: 3:44am On May 14, 2010
@ ezeuche ,there is no south south abi ? so yur igbo ass can lord it over others in that region ? shocked
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by udezue(m): 5:11am On May 14, 2010
There isn't any SS and FYI Igbos are also in that region they call SS.

Go look at the map of Southern Nigeria and then u'll understand why we think its nonsense. Nigerians need some serious geography lessons. How is Akwaibom and Crossrivers SS when they are far EAST right next to Cameroun?

Ehm if u know Ezeuche's background u'll realize that saying Igbos are lording it over them is silly.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Osama10(m): 5:25am On May 14, 2010
There is no way we the South-South are going to be with South-East if there is a break up, Are they afraid to be on their own?

Everybody to his or her own tent.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by EzeUche(m): 6:01am On May 14, 2010
Osama10:

There is no way we the South-South are going to be with South-East if there is a break up, Are they afraid to be on their own?

Everybody to his or her own tent.

Half of my family is from the fictional South-South as you call it. The Ibibio and Efik will always join the Igbo before the Ijaw. This is a fact. Some elements of the Ijaw want to be partners of the Igbo and some do not. Either way, we can all agree that we want to opt out of this union.

And yes, I said the South-South is a fictional term to divide the East. There was no such thing as the South-South back in the old Eastern Region. We were one. And we Igbos do not want to lord over others. That is for the Hausa and Yoruba who want to do that. We rather focus on finances, government is not for us.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by kettykings: 6:27am On May 14, 2010
Actually what the ibo guys meant was that the ibos in delta state and rivers state will join eastern ibos to form biafra , so what is left in the SS will be made 70 pct SS will be ijaws, the remaining 30 pct SS who will not want to be dominated by a group that is known to be shortsighted, troublesome, idolatorous will prefer to negotiate and join biafra where they might have a better well defined future and can leverage on global standing of ibos . As for the kaduna problem , i know it is more difficult to have a muslim governor in plateau than a christian gov in kaduna. I have lived and worked in both cities and thats why i say so, the former gov of kad is from markarfi near zaria and the present gov is from zaria, even if patrick yakowa is allowed to step in now , what happens in 2011 when election comes , the second pushover might be worst than the first. Any way lets keep praying for the country .
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by kettykings: 6:37am On May 14, 2010
@osama , i think the south south SS is made up of so many tribes like ijaws , ibos, urhobo, itsekiri, efik,ibibio,anang , ogoja,ogoni e.t.c apart from ijaws , itsekiri and urhobo , do you think any other SS tribes will opt out of biafra and join ijaws
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by jamace(m): 8:20am On May 14, 2010
The xtians have had both cheeks slapped in Kaduna and else where. What are they going to tender for slapping this time around? I'm watching.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by dustydee: 8:41am On May 14, 2010
Does it matter whether the governor is a christain or a muslim?Any qualified Nigerian can be whatever he wants to be irrespective of his creed or political affiliations. All the people need is purposeful leadership and the accompanying derivatives. It is a sign of illiteracy and foolishness when one region or race or religion begin to look down on the others like this.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by edoyad(m): 9:15am On May 14, 2010
TBH, there's nothing spectacular about Yakowa becoming governor cos he's kind of old school. There's not much attractive about KD with the parts of the state where these hausa people live being infested with Almajiris, beggars,disease and the smell of urine all over.
The big deal to me is the state creation that will carve out these hausa people and live them with their land to continue in their illiteracy and backwardness. It may sound sick but may be a bloody religious riot might actually be needed to remind those legislators not to play around with the creation of that new state.
At the end of the day, just like Ghadaffi and many others have predicted/advised, Nigeria will broken into different parts and believe me i can't wait to see how hausa people will end up like somalia because considering their present circumstance it's their destiny.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Sonofpeace(m): 9:27am On May 14, 2010
@poster. I got the message you were trying to pass on about the kaduna state governotorial seat left vacant by mr sambo. If a XTAIN northerner from kaduna cannot be a governor(which i know that its not gonna be easy) just because of his religion, where does all these ideas about North being one migrated from?
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Sonofpeace(m): 9:35am On May 14, 2010
edoyad:

TBH, there's nothing spectacular about Yakowa becoming governor cos he's kind of old school. There's not much attractive about KD with the parts of the state where these hausa people live being infested with Almajiris, beggars,disease and the smell of urine all over.
The big deal to me is the state creation that will carve out these hausa people and live them with their land to continue in their illiteracy and backwardness. It may sound sick but may be a bloody religious riot might actually be needed to remind those legislators not to play around with the creation of that new state.
At the end of the day, just like Ghadaffi and many others have predicted/advised, Nigeria will broken into different parts and believe me i can't wait to see how hausa people will end up like somalia because considering their present circumstance it's their destiny.
that was kinda harsh now
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by edoyad(m): 10:11am On May 14, 2010
^^ The truth is bitter. As Nigeria stands today there's no way development can truly come about. These people reproduce millions of children that will never read or write and that to me is a recipe for disaster.
After the nation breaks into different parts and ND have left with oil money, where will the monthly allocation come from ? The middle belt has an educated work force, untapped minerals and fertile lands to start with, i don't have to tell you about the south-east, south-south and south-west, just where who or where will they turn to ? Is it the Abacha family or Yerima ?

Sonofpeace:

@poster. I got the message you were trying to pass on about the kaduna state governotorial seat left vacant by mr sambo. If a XTAIN northerner from kaduna cannot be a governor(which i know that its not gonna be easy) just because of his religion, where does all these ideas about North being one migrated from?

My guy there is no such thing as north, it is the rubbish some mo.rons have been using to hold Nigeria's development back. Unfortunately the older generation in the middlebelt sat back and let their identity be used for such politicking but can you really blame them ? They believed in that one Nigeria crap that people like OBj , Solomon Lar et al still romanticize about.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by 18platoon(m): 10:17am On May 14, 2010
@edoyad monkey, do you think we'll sit down and watch yakowa govern KD? nah it will be difficult for that shi.t to go unpunished.
/
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by edoyad(m): 10:45am On May 14, 2010
@Platoon no. 1 malo man, very good to see you again . So you were saying ? Lol .
What a difference a few months can make, first i hear of a state creation and now even before the state a man i don't care much for ,TBH, becomes governor, WTF ! Lol
God damn ! Life sucks.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by kettykings: 11:38am On May 14, 2010
@18 platoon , if you will not sit down to watch patrick yakowa rule kaduna , you will most likely be on your feet running for shelter for the next 3 or 4 years , i know the fulanis are very intelligent to avoid a battle they wont win , but the hausas i don not know, the next battle line might likely be between the midlle belt and the core north with the western world and the southern nigeria backing the middle belt or between the ibos and yoruba , which is very difficult to predict the turn of events . the Ibos are not likely to keep being subdued any longer and might react which will make the yorubas who foolishly think they won the ibos in the first war but will be dazed by a war in which foreing powers and other nigerian tribes could be neutral.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Katsumoto: 12:04pm On May 14, 2010
kettykings:

@18 platoon , if you will not sit down to watch patrick yakowa rule kaduna , you will most likely be on your feet running for shelter for the next 3 or 4 years , i know the fulanis are very intelligent to avoid a battle they wont win , but the hausas i don not know, the next battle line might likely be between the midlle belt and the core north with the western world and the southern nigeria backing the middle belt or between the ibos and yoruba , which is very difficult to predict the turn of events . the Ibos are not likely to keep being subdued any longer and might react which will make the yorubas who foolishly think they won the ibos in the first war but will be dazed by a war in which foreing powers and other nigerian tribes could be neutral.

How did a debate about a christian governor in Kaduna turn into potential war between Igbos (note the spelling) and Yorubas? Please engage your brain before typing.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by kettykings: 12:20pm On May 14, 2010
@katsumoto

the next battle line might likely be between the midlle belt and the core north with the western world and the southern nigeria backing the middle belt or between the ibos and yoruba , which is very difficult to predict the turn of events . the Ibos are not likely to keep being subdued any longer and might react which will make the yorubas who foolishly think they won the ibos in the first war but will be dazed by a war in which foreing powers and other nigerian tribes could be neutral.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Katsumoto: 12:25pm On May 14, 2010
kettykings:

@katsumoto

the next battle line might likely be between the midlle belt and the core north with the western world and the southern nigeria backing the middle belt or between the ibos and yoruba , which is very difficult to predict the turn of events . the Ibos are not likely to keep being subdued any longer and might react which will make the yorubas who foolishly think they won the ibos in the first war but will be dazed by a war in which foreing powers and other nigerian tribes could be neutral.

Please tell me why the Igbos would get into a war between the middle belt and the the core North. After answering that question, then explain why the Yoruba would get involved in a war just because the Igbo are in it.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by kettykings: 1:23pm On May 14, 2010
1. Please tell me why the Igbos would get into a war between the middle belt and the the core North.[/i]

From time immemorial when ever there is a fight between middle belt and hausa/fulani it degenerates to a christian muslim war and every christian msulim war eventually climaxes into a hausa/fulani versus ibo war e.g kaduna sharia war of 2000 and 2004 , the maiduguri cartoon riots of 2006. .e.t.c

2. then explain why the Yoruba would get involved in a war just because the Igbo are in it.[i]

when the war degenerates as expected into a hausa/fulani versus ibo war with mounting casualties and reapproachment of strategies by the two blocks, the hausa/fulani as usual will get allies from the Arabs which will force ibos to look desperately for foreign support from isreal ,Asia and Europe and financial. As expected , if the fight does not get resolved within 6 months ,ibos are most likely to push for a stealthy dismemberment of the country .
This is where yorubas might eventually come into the war, not to join thier fellow southerners , or to settle the two warring parties but to get at ibos again for daring to revive biafra.

Here are some references for further research
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-369012.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-212856.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-257736.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-399044.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-351180.0.html
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 14, 2010
kettykings:

1. Please tell me why the Igbos would get into a war between the middle belt and the the core North.[/i]

From time immemorial when ever there is a fight between middle belt and hausa/fulani it degenerates to a christian muslim war and every christian msulim war eventually climaxes into a hausa/fulani versus ibo war e.g kaduna sharia war of 2000 and 2004 , the maiduguri cartoon riots of 2006. .e.t.c

2. then explain why the Yoruba would get involved in a war just because the Igbo are in it.[i]

when the war degenerates as expected into a hausa/fulani versus ibo war with mounting casualties and reapproachment of strategies by the two blocks, the hausa/fulani as usual will get allies from the Arabs which will force ibos to look desperately for foreign support from isreal ,Asia and Europe and financial. As expected , if the fight does not get resolved within 6 months ,ibos are most likely to push for a stealthy dismemberment of the country .
This is where yorubas might eventually come into the war, not to join thier fellow southerners , or to settle the two warring parties but to get at ibos again for daring to revive biafra.

This type of logic is repulsive.

My guy, you are a very bad scenario painter.

BTW, let stick to the topic at hand and leave all these wild conjectures aside.

Katsumoto, e be like say you get time to start a debate with this type of mind. grin
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by kettykings: 2:00pm On May 14, 2010
@ilugunboy , what type of logic do you want to hear , Is that there was a religous war in the north and 5000 ibos where killed and property estimated at 5 billion naira looted and destroyed and FG has asked thier ibo kith an kin to let peace reign while a panel of inquiry into the immediate & remote causes is set up while over 200 youths arested for looting and rioting are been investigated in police HQ abuja. For how long do you think this might continue. I think as long as the logic which you prefer continues
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 14, 2010
^^^Either as a result of your mental laziness, indolence or tragically both, you post above sound really meaningless to me.

Stick to the topic under discuss and stop derailing the thread or Kosovo hammer will fall on you.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 14, 2010
auwal has a point,but must we pamper a set of people because of their religious beliefs?change must come in person ,history or circumstances.the muslims it seems must be taught to be tolerant
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by kettykings: 2:34pm On May 14, 2010
You must not really use foul terms to buttress a point it shows lack of depth , the i llustrations was as a result of a question asked by a poster, you talked about a logic being wrong without providing any logic or reasoning to  counter it , never mind the side talk , back to topic
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 14, 2010
How did a debate about a christian governor in Kaduna turn into potential war between Igbos (note the spelling) and Yorubas? Please engage your brain before typing

is there any topic on nl which doesnt degenerate into yoruba vs igbo.

some people simply thirst for continuous bloodshed, thats all.

andromida:

auwal has a point,but must we pamper a set of people because of their religious beliefs?change must come in person ,history or circumstances.the muslims it seems must be taught to be tolerant

muslims must be taught to be tolerant by their religious leaders otherwise nobody will like the consequences of this so-called "change'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. / Abia 2019: Kalu Urges Abia People To Vote Out Gov. Ikpeazu, Sen. Abaribe, Others / Insecurity: It's Unconstitutional For PMB To Ignore Reps Summon - Adegboruwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.