Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,239 members, 7,839,261 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over (11592 Views)

Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. / Kaduna On Fire Again. / Bomb Blast In Kaduna On Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 18, 2010
paddy_lo:

Dis tpia sef. . .end of the matter with kaduna deputy governor moving up and him becoming VP

what has yar adua got to do with this agian. . na wa

^^ his being confirmed is not the end of the matter like lastpage and the rest of you are saying.

sweeping the issue under the carpet isnt what will work here.

boko haram was dealt with, only for jos to erupt a few months later.

do you still not get it?

small time now you'll say you were "caught offguard"

why wont you be caught offguard when you assume things.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by edoyad(m): 9:56pm On May 18, 2010
tpia.:

^^ his being confirmed is not the end of the matter like lastpage and the rest of you are saying.

do you still not get it?

All right pumpkin we're listening, what are the possible scenerios that could erupt ?
Mean while whose that pretty chico on your siggy, hope it's you ?
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by paddylo1(m): 10:04pm On May 18, 2010

do you still not get it?

The security operatives are on top of things. . .

Kaduna has not had any incident of religious crises since 2003

thats a long time and they have a local security outfit(operation yaki),which everyone says is competent to handle any crises

so dont stress your pretty head ok?
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Nobody: 2:12am On May 19, 2010
ranka dede to everybody on this thread.

I trust all is going on well with y'all? wink

alu barika to you too wink
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by favouredjb(f): 9:23am On May 19, 2010
noblezone:

Mazi, ndewo!

This topic is only a tip in the iceberg of the average northern-moslem's mentality. I served in Kaduna State (Zaria to be precise) and I can tell you that these fellows have no single regard or respect for anyone except those of with the duo designations of hausa/fulani & moslem.

This is the very reason why Nigeria cannot make progress in its present structure. We can wait till dooms day, but there mentality will never change. The only language they speak is voilence and blood spilling. That is why irrespective of the selfishness of the so called Niger Delta Militants, their language of violence is being heard even in the North.

I have been consistent in calling for restructuring. The so much power at the centre is the backbone of the winner take all mentality of those fellows. They had to watch Yaradua die than for him to resign.

The current clamour is "where the next President will come from" and not about getting a credible personality who will lead us to a positive direction. As if the Northern Southern divide is not enough, the hausa/fulani moslems has arogated to themselves the ignoble role of an army intimidators. It is either they are in charge or there will be violence.

Nigerians should not think that this is just a threat. Rather than condemn the poster outrightly, we should commend him for mirroring to the open the demonic and evil thoughts of his kinsmen. Non moslems in Kaduna especailly the Igbos should be at aleart. The warning bell has gone forth, dont be caught napping.

Sometimes, I wonder if writing stuffs here do matter in anyway! For  a while now, I simply come in, peep and bow out. I saw your replies to this post, and I feel like saying, "this is one of the reasons why we disagree often on the Nigerian question".

Nigeria is not one, Nigeria has never been one, and Nigeria can never be one, except there is a miracles way of making the hausa/fulani moslem accept that all Nigerians have equal rights but that will be going against the teachings of their faith. they are thought that non moslems are second class citizens.  No matter how they shy away from it, something is fundamentaly wrong with the Islam!

Onye nwe anyi nonyere gi!

i love ur post

you make a lot of sense
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by favouredjb(f): 9:25am On May 19, 2010
13volts:

@ All
you guys are sick wit all your poor minded posts. No body is jitty about a christain governor in KD. Same situation took place in Adamawa State, infact the governor went ahead and completed 2 terms. Yet you guys seem not to see that as an established case of reference, bcoz you all are bunch of tribalcoted fools. 

you are the sick one here,with all the BS u ve been spewing
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by favouredjb(f): 9:38am On May 19, 2010
Katsumoto:

Your post ignores the fact that Kaduna is split evenly between Christians and Muslims while Anabra is a predominantly christian state. Christians in Kaduna have equal rights with Muslims in Kaduna

tell him katsumoto

and besides,why do these muslims want to be treated like eggs,we must always be careful with whatever we do or say lest they
start their violent actions,why?nobody has the monopoly of violence now,ha han its getting too much
the sooner they realise their religion is not superior to anyother one,the better for them
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by favouredjb(f): 11:09am On May 19, 2010
lastpage:

Just to add my own to the "mix" of hullabaloo around herelipsrsealed

1.)Most Igbo commentators here-in have indicated their preference and invitation for the South-South to be part of a future Biafra (infact, one said S-South is an illusion!) The question that keeps coming back to my mind, each time these commentators "welcome" the Niger-Deltans, is: What is this Love and Romance with the South-South about? THEIR CRUDE OIL or they just love them for real? grin grin grin Pick your choice.

2.) During the discussion, some commentators have been trying to "scare the whole Nigeria" about what 'could' happen if Jonathan chooses Sambo as V.P.! What bothers me is that should these same Northern Muslims not be happy that Jonathan did not choose a Northern Christan? What would they have done if he actually picked the Deputy (Yekowa!)? Same peeps will start another story about how Christians have "dominated" everything!

Puzzle being that when it was expedient to "use" Yekowa to garner the Christian vote for the "Muslim Guv'nor (Sambo), Yekowa was "Okay" back then and now that providence (the same providence that is elevating a muslim Guv'nor to V.P) is elevating a Christian deputy toa Guv'nor, Nigeria is simply about to disintegrate shocked shocked Haaba, wetin?

3.) Let me comment on that apart about Yorubas fighting Igbos (or supporting the Hausas to fight the Igbos) as proposed by some posters.
Gone are the days (In Awolowo's days) when that would happen!
The Yoruba nation itself is receiving a "raw deal" from the current Nigerian state (remember that the most vocal proponent of Sovereign National Conference are Yorubas!) and Yorubas know and feel they would do better if devoid of the strangulating bond of "one Nigeria".

The Easterners want out, the S/South want out, The Westerners want out; What about the Northerners? Why dont they want out? Do they love Nigeria more than all other sum-of-parts? Or are they scared of the future? (No pun intended pls)

FYI: All regions can survive on their own only that some might need to re-configure their thinking and become more enterprising and globally proactive.

As for the minorities, none of them want to be with a domineering neighbor and as such, l dont see them willingly joining Biafra or the Northern Clique.
My guts tell me they would rather join (Mid-West) the West than go East  or join another yoking alliance that would suck them of their natural resources. What would be the "situation" of a Kwara state for example, as part of a hegemonic North or an Akwa Ibom in Biafra? Of course, their best bet would be to stick together and stay by themselves though this would also expose them to "annexation" by stronger neighbors, except they form a strong military alliance but loose political alliance with one of the big three.

Finally, as foul as it may sound, The Northerners (Hausa/Fulani), especially the Muslims amongst them, must sit down and tell themselves some home truth.
The only thing still sustaining them TODAY is their domination of the Nigerian military establishment (remember what Dambazzau and his garrison commander did to Jonathan viz-a-viz smuggling our erstwhile President into Abuja?, Remember what happened during the Jos crisis and the role played by the military?) - but globalization, fight against terror and the current wave of Islamophobia (rightly or wrongly) - has diminished that effect so much that it will be inconsequential in an outright declaration of hostility between the North and other parts as l sense that the U.S and other European countries are looking for an excuse to stamp-out "Al-Quaeda" from Nigeria and hostility will present the perfect excuse (I cant see a powerful, Islamic nation that the North can rely upon? Even Russia, post 'cold-war' alliance, is reconsidering its suport for Iran!), moreso, the north does not have crude oil, if you get my drift!

Therefore, Northerners must sit down and address issues, discuss issues of common interest with their neighbors, for peaceful coexistence.
Northerners must adopt western education (After all, the Saudi Royal family has their children in the same western Universities and there is no point being more Catholic than the papacy) since that is the only vehicle of growth, right now.

Northern indigenes must also be ready to hold their leaders accountable, there is no point in declaring sharia in their state while maintaining a string of "delectable virgins" in their "State's Guest House in V.I. and Abuja! The same "Southerners" they preach against are the ones they spend their night with, in the most glorious romantic fantasy that would put ***** to shame! I dont want to mention that whereby Sharia has failed to amputate the hands of their thieving Guv'nors, EFCC is doing a better job! Wize-Up my people.

Having said all these, at times, l feel for Seun, who spent time and resources to put this site together (being not the only one that Nigerians visit to discuss Naija issues) but hoping it will be better than others, only to end up with infantile, childish and at best inferior jesters who cannot even put an article together other than make a few silly comments and fight each other in some baby-ish, ethnic and religious arm-wrestling!
Am sure the guy is wondering by now, how he could "sieve" such people from ever coming here or what others like NVS did, to attract the better brains and profile of contributors! embarassed
I feel you Seun, l really do.

Just my perspective, no offense intended and none should be taken.
Cheers.

i find your post very interesting,
you are such a good writer imho
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Ogiade(m): 12:30pm On May 19, 2010
EzeUche, wake up from your illusion. Port Harcourt is never an Igbo town and the Ikwerres do not accept that they are ibos. If i may ask you, why are you forcing ibo on your neighbouring tribes? My thought is that you are convinced within you that you cannot make the so called biafra on your own. i expected you to damn the south south and concentrate your quest for biafra on the south east only. the overwhelming rejection of the biafra nationhood after the creation of the twelve states will prove to you how much dislike they have to be joined with the ibos in a political enclave within a nation, let alone aspiring to stay with you in an independent country. Wake up and think Nigeria, its the only option you have.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by EzeUche(m): 2:02pm On May 19, 2010
Ogiade:

EzeUche, wake up from your illusion. Port Harcourt is never an Igbo town and the Ikwerres do not accept that they are ibos. If i may ask you, why are you forcing ibo on your neighbouring tribes? My thought is that you are convinced within you that you cannot make the so called biafra on your own. i expected you to damn the south south and concentrate your quest for biafra on the south east only. the overwhelming rejection of the biafra nationhood after the creation of the twelve states will prove to you how much dislike they have to be joined with the ibos in a political enclave within a nation, let alone aspiring to stay with you in an independent country. Wake up and think Nigeria, its the only option you have.

The only people who really have a problem with the Igbo are the Izon and Ogoni, do not include the other minority groups. Like I have stated time and time again, I am half Ibibio, so I know what I am talking about. The South-South is a fictional term in order to divide the East. You are too foolish to understand that. The Ijaw can have their own small little Republic, but wherever Igbos are in large numbers, we the Core Igbos will never let them GO!!! angry Not in a million of years.

And who created the extra South-South states? It wasn't the minorities, they were created after Biafra lost the war. Port Harcourt will always be Igbo. It is not up to the Ikwerre to say who they are. They use Igbo names, they speak Igbo and there culture is Igbo so THEREFORE they are Igbo! You think you can tame a people that makes up 75% of the region? Yes, we Igbos make up the majority of the East including this fiction South-South. Igboland will never be landlocked you hear me!!! And if you are not of a group from the East, do not speak on behalf of the minority, because anyone would know that the South-South is not a united group.

Funny thing is that you have Ijaw militants like Asari who are requesting for the Igbo support. He understands that no independence would be gained without the support of the Igbo. We have battled the Nigerian military in the field of battle for almost 3 years. Do not try us!
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by lastpage: 2:22pm On May 19, 2010
@favouredjb
Thanks, l take that as a compliment.
U sef, you are somewhere untop of those that standout kiss

@Ezeuche
he Ijaw can have their own small little Republic, but wherever Igbos are in large numbers, we the Core Igbos will never let them GO!!! Not in a million of years.

I hope my "minority brothers" take note of this quote?
While we are at the cross-roads about the North not wanting a "free confederation" and asking WHY?, Does the quote above remind you of what the minority tribes would be clamoring for, in an Igbo dominated Biafra, (IF THE ABOVE REPRESENTS THE GENERAL THINKING WITHIN BIAFRA? But l doubt so )

In as much as we all love "self-determination", l dont think any reasonable Igbo person (generally nice people) will advocate such forceful domination of other minority tribes!

It will be like the Biblical story where a very rich man forgave his "poor debtor" but the same "poor debtor" was later spotted trying to wring the life out of someone else who owed him an even "minuscule" amount! grin grin
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by favouredjb(f): 2:45pm On May 19, 2010
lastpage:

@favouredjb
Thanks, l take that as a compliment.
U sef, you are somewhere untop of those that standout kiss

u welcome,keep it up

Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by auwal87(m): 9:16pm On May 20, 2010
shocked grin just wondering how the thread becomes an Igbo battlefield
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by lastpage: 10:06pm On May 20, 2010
^^^^^^Go back a few pages and you will see some "poison" from EzeUche grin
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by favouredjb(f): 8:35am On May 21, 2010
ezeuche the igwe of biafra grin
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by scoleM: 2:45pm On May 21, 2010
@Auwal87

u have a right to ur opinion------ Democracy 4 u.

Democracy has been able to make enlightened people of 9ja to tolerate ourselves and be more knitted now than ever before. Milito-Politicians like u can't deceive us any longer. Even the dreaded AREWA Forum has categorically stated that they are not a religious group, thus; u see all manner of Northerners in AREWA.

ISSUES:
Rather than this ur post, we should be celebrate another of divident of democracy in Nigeria. Afterall, the Americans celebrated Obama as Black democratic President; the Britons welcomed the ousting of Gordon Brown as P.M.
NIGERIA, GOOD PEOPLE; GOOD NATION.
JAH BLESS. LUV U ALL.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Fhemmmy: 2:51pm On May 21, 2010
auwal87:

shocked grin just wondering how the thread becomes an Igbo battlefield

Lol.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by scoleM: 3:12pm On May 21, 2010
@EzeUche, mu, mu, muumuu!

there is an issue on ground u are busy deviating. no wonder u dey fail for life. So ur mumu don carry ur leg out?

Stick into ur brains now; that the Bight of Biafra in the map of Africa is owned by the Ijaws not Igbo.

If ur Elders were deceived by Ojukwu O. and they were all dead while he is enjoying beautiful Bianca, even u in this era can't see the writings on the wall and live ur life well like ur sister Prof. Dora is preaching. I think after reading this post u will bury urself in that dry and dusty land of urs.

Make we see again for Port Harcourt, we go use as an escape goat. No insult Asari and other militants. We use diplomacy and machine gun to stage our struggle not like the Igbos that use machet and sticks to fight Nigerian Army.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by sepals(m): 4:48pm On May 21, 2010
pls lets not generalize wat one person i.e Auwal say to the remaining muslims.secondly kaduna riots is something that affects both sides.innocenties wether muslims or xtians are affected.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by ODIBABA1: 3:58am On May 22, 2010
scolem make we hear word, Ijo warrior! When it comes to war, please don't count those Ijo hooligans; you people are just bunch of oil thieves. Pathetic fools!
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by osaxx: 1:56pm On May 22, 2010
THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA IS THE NORTHERNERS ,BELIEVE ME, IT IS ONLY IN THE NORTH A DEVIL CAN RULE,BECAUSE HE IS A MUSLIM, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE MESSIAH, WHO WILL LEAD THEM ARIGHT, IS IT QURANIC ,I WONDER, SO THE PROBLEM THEREFORE IS RELIGION NOT TRIBE.

IF MUSLIMS ARE MAJORITY IN NIGERIA, THAT MEANS THE NIGERIAN STATE CAN NEVER WORK, SO LETS STOP DECIEVING OURSELVES AND TELL OURSELVES THE TRUTH, BT IF ONLY THE NORTHERN MUSLIM WILL CHANGE THEIR BEHAVIOURAL PATTERN AND MINDSET ALL NIGERIA WILL SMILE AGAIN, THE ONLY SOLUTION AVAILABLE IS FOR NIGERIA TO DIVIDE TO FIVE COUNTRIES FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE AND DEVELOPMENT,

REPUBLIC OF ABOKI,

SOVEREIGN STATE OF BIAFRAN ,

AFENIFERE NATION,

DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF NIGER DELTA

AND MIDDLE BELTANS REPUBLIC
WE DO NOT LIKE OUSELVES SIMPLE, IT IS VERY OBVIOUS FROM THIS THREAD, LIKE AUWAL IS SUPPORTING EVIL PLANS IN KADUNA KNOWING TOO WEELL IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL ANDD INHUMAN, GOD HELP THE GENERATION
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by osaxx: 2:13pm On May 22, 2010
the muslims kill our brothers in the north in several occasions and go away with it, this is because of what has been taught them in wherever, they just believe the xtains can never be united, so they take advantage of our different faiths e.g catholic, pentecostal,anglican,celestial,methodist,baptist etc, but all that has changed the xtians have agreed to form a formidable force as one, all that kill has to stop, enough is enough, look at jos, they still made sure they attaacked last with assistance of the army commander as muslim faithful, that is the last thing a xtain would do, but we are out for them, patrick yakowa must rule kaduna now and in 2011, what rubbish,
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by 13volts(m): 4:13pm On May 22, 2010
osaxx:

patrick yakowa must rule kaduna now and in 2011, what rubbish,

Thats for the people to decide
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by EzeUche(m): 4:16pm On May 22, 2010
Osaxx, You should just say a Republic for the Ijaw. There is no such thing as a Niger Delta Republic, because the people of Rivers, Cross River, and Akwa Ibom would never join a nation with the Ijaw.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by EzeUche(m): 4:23pm On May 22, 2010
scoleM:

@EzeUche, mu, mu, muumuu!

there is an issue on ground u are busy deviating. no wonder u dey fail for life. So your mumu don carry your leg out?

Stick into your brains now; that the Bight of Biafra in the map of Africa is owned by the Ijaws not Igbo.

If your Elders were deceived by Ojukwu O. and they were all dead while he is enjoying beautiful Bianca, even u in this era can't see the writings on the wall and live your life well like your sister Prof. Dora is preaching. I think after reading this post u will bury urself in that dry and dusty land of urs.

Make we see again for Port Harcourt, we go use as an escape goat. No insult Asari and other militants. We use diplomacy and machine gun to stage our struggle not like the Igbos that use machet and sticks to fight Nigerian Army.

You nkita ara, how dare you talk to an Igbo in such a way. You should know your place MINORITY

The Ijaws WILL never own the Bight of Biafra. Not as long as the Igbo are still the clear majority in the region. The West does not even recognize the Ijaws, but they definitely recognize the Igbo. That is why they are recruiting Igbo speakers, because when the time is right, we will invade your swamps and flush out you militants.

We will do what the JTF cannot do, because we Igbos know you Ijaws very well. Hundreds of years of trading and doing business with you all will make our conquest of your region even sweeter!!! grin

You Ijaws cannot talk about our land when you yeye people allowed your land to be destroyed by oil. You fisherman cannot even fish, because your waterways are polluted. Can't even drink your water, because it is poluted. Pathetic excuse for a people.

And do not dare talk about the brave Biafran soldiers. Just be happy that Nigerian military hasn't flooded your militant camps and wiped you all out. Remember what they did to Odi. At least Biafran Soldiers fought the Nigerian military to a stalemate. It took almost 3 years to defeat Biafra. It only took the Nigerian military a week to defeat Adaka Boro and his short lived Republic. Weak people! angry
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Dede1(m): 7:13pm On May 22, 2010
I state categorically and unequivocally that NO SINGLE ETHNIC GROUP in the colonial contraption named Nigeria will be able to engage Ndigbo in combat of weaponry and survive to tell tales of the battle.   

@ Ogiade

When the stage is set for people to don their surname, you will realize whether Igwe Ocha is Ala Igbo or not. Anybody who thinks what happened in 1966 is about to repeat itself is a dirty fool. 

@ lastpage

You post seemed to be well intended until you started mixing issues of East, South-south, West, etc. Sometimes, I wish contributors come to the forum without holding their punches. There are Ndigbo and I think there seems the so-called and idiotic South-south. In fact, I would want posters to define certain entities properly as in the manner which Igbo or Yoruba are defined. The last time I checked though, eastern region consisted a great portion of the so-called South-south.

Of course, Ndigbo want out of Nigeria and Yoruba, as you have alleged in your post, want out of the cesspit too. For the sake of this discourse, let me center our focus on the southern part of Nigeria. Do the Edo, Ibibio, Efik, Ijo, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Eshan, Ogoni, Annang and Atama also want out of Nigeria too?

If these ethnic groups want out of Nigeria, it will seriously amount to shameful and condescending act of disingenuous for some peeps to keep harping on the so-called south-south or delusional term such as Niger Delta. I think you will agree with me that it is simple act of cowardice, irredeemable political treachery and lacking in intelligence if these ethnic groups had the feeling of being political disenfranchised in Nigeria and yet embrace the fictional terms such as South-south and Niger Delta.

@ ScoleM

It is fortunate you do not even know your ethnic makeup. I think your post is akin to an overfed and drunken chicken that is challenging a hawk for a fight. What you seem to forget is that there is huge difference between a battle evolving two armies and the ranting of a terrorist group.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by EzeUche(m): 7:42pm On May 22, 2010
Dede1. . . Thank you! I have been saying this for a while. This term known as the South-South is another way of dividing the East.

Don't we Igbos make up the Niger Delta? Last time i checked, Igboland makes up a huge part of the Niger Delta.

Everytime Ihear the term South-South, it is just another slap in the face to the Ndi Igbo.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Nobody: 1:54am On May 23, 2010
Na wa! lipsrsealed
From Kaduna to Ndigbo
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by lastpage: 2:53am On May 23, 2010
@Dede1
@ lastpage

You post seemed to be well intended until you started missing (sic) issues of East, South-south, West, etc. Sometimes, I wish contributors come to the forum without holding their punches. There are Ndigbo and I think there seems the so-called and idiotic South-south. In fact, I would want posters to define certain entities properly as in the manner which Igbo or Yoruba are defined. The last time I checked though, eastern region consisted a great portion of the so-called South-south.

Of course, Ndigbo want out of Nigeria and Yoruba, as you have alleged in your post, want out of the cesspit too. For the sake of this discourse, let me center our focus on the southern part of Nigeria. Do the Edo, Ibibio, Efik, Ijo, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Eshan, Ogoni, Annang and Atama also want out of Nigeria too?
Osaxx, You should just say a Republic for the Ijaw. There is no such thing as a Niger Delta Republic, because the people of Rivers, Cross River, and Akwa Ibom would never join a nation with the Ijaw.

Oga Dede1,
Abeegi, I think it will be insulting to you, if someone used such foul language on you, your people or your region?
How can you refer to people from the South/South as idiotic? What makes them idiotic? YOU?

We have said that we should refrain from collectively abusing a nation, it is sheer ignorance.
Again, l am baffled by your anger at people describing themselves as "South-South", a geographical expression of their location i.e South of Southern Nigeria.
South-South only exists on paper as of now, just like Biafra only exists on paper as of today but maybe, maybe not, it will be realized as an entity in future, that l can not predict.
But l do know that "it is wrong to even try to "assimilate a nation, by subjugation, if they want to part of you".
Everyone is entitled to FREEDOM, as a fundamental right, freedom to associate is also a constitutional right.

To develop migraine simply because the Ijaws or Ibibios or Anags or Itshekiri dont want to become a part of your Biafra project, is astonishing and simply satanic.
You want to "yoke them" with the same yoke that you are also trying to escape from, in the Nigerian project? Haaba!

"Eastern region" is not synonymous with Ndigbo, it consists of many other nationalities. It is just a geographical coinage, just like South-South or Mid-West or West/North.

I am not a South-South person but l detest this muscling and "association by force" that your guy is preaching here.
If you try to use force on them, all they need do is "sign a treaty" with one of the major tribes. You attack them and you've attacked the 'major' tribe and you will have another war (but with a bigger foe) on your hand!
One of the lessons l learned from the last Civil war was that "One should not start a fight they cannot win/finish", its just not worth the effort.

Ojukwu is here today, supporting IBB for President (remember who were the principal foe of Biafra?) but millions of Igbo lost their children, wives and bread-winners, in a war he started, and bailed-out to Ivory-Coast, when the going got tough, leaving them in the lurch!
Why is he not championing and rooting for an Igbo President?
Even myself like others from the West, would support the clamour for an Igbo president, for the sake of fairness but how can l, when even the Igbo leader/Lord of War (Ojukwu) is not in support of his own people? Very Ironical, you will agree.

bTW: I think we are derailing this thread unnecessarily. Its not about South-South Vs. Ndigbo, it was about Kaduna, abi? Lets stick to that and shift the Ndigbo/Biafra/South-South, e.t.c to another thread.
I hear that Yekowa has been sworn-in as Guv'nor of Kaduna tongue tongue tongue
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by ODIBABA1: 5:27am On May 23, 2010
The only reason the Nigeria vandal army has not yet razed, and leveled Ijoland is the fear of NdiIgbo. It’s the same very reason they refused to go to war with Cameroon over Bakassi, and may never fight even the thinnest neighbor.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by EzeUche(m): 5:57am On May 23, 2010
lastpage,

Then you cannot talk on behalf of the south-south if you are not a member of a minority group that is from the south-south. So mind your own business. I am half Ibibio so I at least know what I am talking about concerning my maternal people.

I hate the fact you people act like you understand Eastern politics, but never been to the East. Just shut up! angry
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Dede1(m): 6:14am On May 23, 2010
lastpage:

@Dede1
Oga Dede1,
Abeegi, I think it will be insulting to you, if someone used such foul language on you, your people or your region?
How can you refer to people from the South/South as idiotic? What makes them idiotic? YOU?

We have said that we should refrain from collectively abusing a nation, it is sheer ignorance.
Again, l am baffled by your anger at people describing themselves as "South-South", a geographical expression of their location i.e South of Southern Nigeria.
South-South only exists on paper as of now, just like Biafra only exists on paper as of today but maybe, maybe not, it will be realized as an entity in future, that l can not predict.
But l do know that "it is wrong to even try to "assimilate a nation, by subjugation, if they want to part of you".
Everyone is entitled to FREEDOM, as a fundamental right, freedom to associate is also a constitutional right.

To develop migraine simply because the Ijaws or Ibibios or Anags or Itshekiri dont want to become a part of your Biafra project, is astonishing and simply satanic.
You want to "yoke them" with the same yoke that you are also trying to escape from, in the Nigerian project? Haaba!

"Eastern region" is not synonymous with Ndigbo, it consists of many other nationalities. It is just a geographical coinage, just like South-South or Mid-West or West/North.

I am not a South-South person but l detest this muscling and "association by force" that your guy is preaching here.
If you try to use force on them, all they need do is "sign a treaty" with one of the major tribes. You attack them and you've attacked the 'major' tribe and you will have another war (but with a bigger foe) on your hand!
One of the lessons l learned from the last Civil war was that "One should not start a fight they cannot win/finish", its just not worth the effort.

Ojukwu is here today, supporting IBB for President (remember who were the principal foe of Biafra?) but millions of Igbo lost their children, wives and bread-winners, in a war he started, and bailed-out to Ivory-Coast, when the going got tough, leaving them in the lurch!
Why is he not championing and rooting for an Igbo President?
Even myself like others from the West, would support the clamour for an Igbo president, for the sake of fairness but how can l, when even the Igbo leader/Lord of War (Ojukwu) is not in support of his own people? Very Ironical, you will agree.

bTW: I think we are derailing this thread unnecessarily. Its not about South-South Vs. Ndigbo, it was about Kaduna, abi? Lets stick to that and shift the Ndigbo/Biafra/South-South, e.t.c to another thread.
I hear that Yekowa has been sworn-in as Guv'nor of Kaduna tongue tongue tongue

I am for independent sovereign state of Igbo land. For umpteenth time, Biafra was an affair of the defunct eastern region of Nigeria. Again, Biafra was a country and recognized by sovereign nations while the fictional South-south is not. Please be informed that MY PEOPLE are also dumped into the nomenclatural madness of south-south.

I do not think that it is silly to ask for genuinely unique and distinctive identity in polity. If the Ijo, Urhobo, Edo, Eshan, Itsekiri, Ibibio, Efik, Annang, Igbo (in the so-called south-south) or Ogoni wanted sovereign nation out of Nigeria, it will be more politically expedient for them to unequivocally voice it than shamelessly hiding behind fictional crap such as south-south.

I am surprise that a person of a considerable intellect such as you would equate the mere geographical expression, in this case south-south, with ethnicity. Ndigbo had never and will not harbor the idea of annexing any ethnic nationality into Igbo land. By the same token, Ndigbo will never surrender an inch of real estate belonging to Igbo land.

One lesson I have learnt about Nigeria is the people tend to shun truth about history and continue to commit the same blunder over and over again. Anybody who even insinuated that Biafra started the Nigeria/Biafra civil war owes history a passionate apology.

Please preach the political sermon of freedom as fundamental right and freedom to associate to your forbearers who imposed war attrition on Biafra simple because the people wanted the entitlement of the freedom you have consciously stated. I guess Biafrans were not meant to live under the umbrella of freedom as you have suggested.

Ojukwu is not a member of my kindred and I do not speak for him or influence what he does. If Ojukwu chooses to support IBB as he did or did not support OBJ, who ironically is also a principal foe of Biafra, I do not give a hoot.

I suggest you pose the question about not championing and rooting for an Igbo President to Ojukwu. Canvassing against Igbo presidency of the cesspit called Nigeria has become the amalgam of my political philosophy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

List Of Largest Shopping Malls In Nigeria / Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. / See What Rev. Uma Ukpai Said About #biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.