Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe (21060 Views)

Ministers Of Darkness By Bayo Onuwaje / Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) / BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by shurley22(f): 11:07am On Jun 14, 2018
Nice work op. Well done wink
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
Bensoate1:
Nice one,thanks, you are good

You sir, are too kind. Appreciate it and will try to continue to note posted suggestions
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
tonyxxx:
Awesome!!! Been following your story silently for a while now,i have to say ure very good @ what you do & your updates never fails to make my day. Thanks for sharing a part of your mind with us.

As a reader myself I'm more often one of those silent story followers so I Greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment. You flatter me and I thank you for it though I know I have much to learn. Thanks for being a part of this
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2018
Will the devil take me or will my maker protect me

HIDDEN DARKNESS CH 16

"May the Lord be in your heart and help you to confess your sins with true sorrow."

Unconsciously the words came out of Ore's lips. It had been drilled into him so well in the seminary, it wasn't until the last word faded away he realized he had uttered them. 

"Wait, did you say you are about to sin?"

His mind still playing catch up, Ore became aware the beginning of the confession was not as it should. Who comes to confess a sin before he commits it. No longer sure what was going on, he waited for the man on the other side of the iron grate to tell him he was wrong. His expectation was met with disappointment.

"It has been quite some time since my last confession."

"Should you not be confessing your sins since then? This is not how things work."

"It will work how I say it will work Ore."

A shiver climbed from his fingertips to the nape of his neck when he heard his name. He knew that voice. How could he forget the creator of the ordeal that had sent him scurrying to his now invaded refuge. All that was in his mind was to do nothing to set this man off, making a firm decision to give him whatever he wants.

"Do you remember what makes the confession box so sacred Ore?"

The question sounded simple, but for Ore it felt like his life was precariously balanced on the edge of a suya mans sharp knife. One misstep and he would find himself in pieces.

"Yes, whatever is said here is between a man, his priest and our Maker."

"Good, good, good, I think you and I will get along just fine. "

Ore let out a breath he hadn't realized he had been holding. His hand reached up to the small beads around his neck ending in a simple wooden cross pressing against his chest. With a practiced motion he removed it, his fingers caressing each bead lovingly. It brought a tranquility to him, his tense body relaxing to the bone. 

"Priest, I am about to begin a killing spree. My life will soon be a walkway of pain, a road of violence and a river of blood. The innocent will not be spared. The darkness will embrace me once more as what was finally hidden within will be unleashed and I will once again assume the name that has been thrust upon me." 

The onslaught came through the grate, soft and without emotion but still containing the deadliness of a carpet viper. Ore heard it all, unable to tune even a single word out. The beads kept his mind at peace, a whisper guiding his words.

"Why are you telling us this?"

"I managed to leave the life behind though a lot was left unfinished but still the city calls me back."

"Must you return to such a life?"

"I have no choice."

"We all have choices. It is never to late to become someone new."

"I killed a man today Priest. Shot him clean through the head. There was no hesitation in me. Though it was self defense, I felt nothing from snuffing out a life. Even now I hold no sorrow."

"We were brought into this world for a reason."

"A reason? A village was massacred because of me, the two that survived I did nothing but give them a bag full of cash." 

"Child, then will you accept your penance."

"Don't call me child. What penance do you have in mind?"

"Do not willingly bring harm to the innocent. Change the lives of two people for the better."

Ola heard this and snorted. 

"Priest, no Hail Marys? or Act of Contrition? and you have nothing to say about the likely havoc I plan to inflict on this city?"

"We all all have our part to play in the world our Maker has created. I can only offer direction, free will leaves our choices to be ones own."

"Very well. Priest, you seem to have become a different person when in the safety of this box. You will not be meeting your Maker today. Tonight you'll find a phone under your pillow. We will meet again."

The door closed with a click, leaving Ore alone once again. The rosary fell from his hand, landing on the wooden floor with a clatter, breaking the spell that kept his tranquil state. Rushing to him was the reality of what just happened. The thought of having to meet that man again nearly drove him mad. Collapsing to the floor, his body curled up into the fetal position as he failed to stop the trembling.

Ola was not surprised Malaozi remained where he left her. His grasp of her nature was increasing. 

"I've called in a vehicle to take us to the cemetery."

"I'm not going."

The corners of Malaozi's mouth curved down slightly, a minute detail Ola did not fail to notice."

"Why?"

"Where did you learn those combat skills?"

Ola did nto bother answering her question, instead asking one of his own. There is so little I know about this dangerous girl.

"I don't owe you an answer."

"Then I don't have to answer you as well."

They stared at each other, Malaozi having the higher ground, forcing Ola to look up to her. He could see the stubbornness in her eyes. Coming up with nothing to break this deadlock his hand reached up to run through his hair.

"Israel, a combat training center in the Southern Negev desert. That is all I can say about it."

There must be more to it but I doubt standing here silently will get me anything more. Turning, Ola headed for the door.

"Wait! You said you would tell me if I answered you."

"Sweet Malaozi, when did I ever say that?"

She was about to argue when she thought back to his words, his back facing her. Jaws tensing she gritted her teeth her next words shocking Ola to the core.

"Please."

It was devoid of any of the domineering and haughty nature she had always expressed in spades carrying an unmistakably pleading tone. Who the hell are you and what have you done with the angel of death that has followed me all day. 

"I hate cemeteries."

"We have to go, I need to..."

Her words faltered, her eyes facing the ground unable to look up. He could see pearly white teeth biting her lower lip in frustration, an image that melted away the lethal aura that surrounded her and left her vulnerable and as adorable as anything he had ever attributed the word too. I must be out of my mind but damn she is cute right now.

"It doesn't matter. He's not in the coffin. They probably have him stashed somewhere. You want to say goodbye right?"

She didn't answer but Ola did not need her to, the tensing of her body told him all he needed to know. She probably wouldn't answer if I ask her why.

"Let's go."

"Where too?

"I need a place to think."

"Your family owns a high rise building not too far from here."

"No, I need somewhere more down to earth."

Making his way out the church, she followed, the cuteness fading away to be replaced by the lethal aura he had become familiar with. Walking past the fallen door, he began to say something but thought better of it; working his way onto the streets of Marina. 

twitter - @just2days

email - just2day@yahoo.com

Thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
shurley22:
Nice work op. Well done wink

favorable words. Thanks for commenting your approval of the work. Means a lot

1 Like

Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2018
To doubt those close to you is to show your trust in them

HIDDEN DARKNESS CH 17

An unbroken metal fence with a concrete base formed an irregular shape around where Ola sat, his feet soaking in a large round public water fountain. Its waters currently lay still. At its center was a statue of four eagles in different stages of flight rising high above the earth, the artist skilled enough to make the viewer forget for a moment their wings would not ripple in the wind. Two much smaller pools shared its waters, one after the other, connected by a passage only slightly narrower than the diameter of the smaller circles. Together the three pools looked like an oddly shaped 'gunbai' fan. Surrounding the fence was a road allowing only one way flow of traffic. The sound of shouting traders, blaring horns and screeching brakes came together in a jarring symphony Ola had long since blended into a pleasant soup to feed his thoughts.

At the entrance to this space, closer to a rectangle than a square, was an old man with a sharp cutlass catching rays from the setting sun. He watched Ola, unaware his cutlass was currently cutting into his trouser. He was the caretaker of the square and had been dutifully keeping it in pristine condition since its renovation. Keeping out 'omota' and beggars that wished to bathe in the waters and sleep within was one of his tasks. Letting the beggar that currently had his feet in the waters of the fountain slip into the square was not planned. The woman who walked half a step behind him had been just too alluring for the old man, her gaze rooting him, lighting a fire within he had long thought dead. Before he could shake it off and assume a threatening position blocking the entrance, the man with a forest of untamed hair and ill fitting clothes had left him in his wake.

"Who you think you be!"

The beggar walked on as if he had heard nothing, a response which infuriated the caretaker; but he had lived a long time and sensed the beggar was not so simple. It was what stopped him from adopting his usual process of swinging his cutlass in a threatening manner. 

"Na your uncle be this?"

This was the only reason the old man could think of to answer why this beauty would be following such a man. Her expensive looking burgundy jacket and form fitting bottoms was a far cry from what the man she followed wore.

"No, but if you accommodate our presence for a few hours I can make it worth your while." 

"Wetin be acomoday? Make it worth? dis engleesh shaa..."

"I mean we'll use this place for a little bit and i'll properly reward you."

"Ahh!"

The old man got excited, his eyes feasting hungrily on Malaozi's body, a change she did not fail to notice but did nothing to address nor correct. The old man closed the gate behind them, a bit of drool leaking from the corner of his mouth as his thoughts traveled to possible delights. Malaozi found a bench at a satisfactory distance from Ola, sitting down. Directly in front of her was a statue of a boy lying on his side and reading a book. What the boy lay on could easily be mistaken for a vault.  A plaque hung on its walls with the words 'Knowledge is Power'. Too simplistic an idea, she thought. 

Together they remained motionless, the sun setting in the distance, the buildings surrounding them making it come sooner than it should. A brilliance of reds, orange and yellows came together, reflecting off the still water. As she watched Ola, he watched himself on the glass-like surface of the water. There wasn't a lot to see, much hidden behind the outcrop of overgrown shrubs peppering his face and head. What could not be hidden was what lay within the depths of his eyes. The last of the rays soon faded away, the darkness making its way to lay claim to the earth fought off by surrounding buildings security lights.

"Can you get the water jets to work?"

Ola shouted it out for Malaozi to hear but she ignored him much like she would a spoiled brat asking for Santa Clause to personally deliver his gifts. Water shot up to the sky, lights of purple, red, blue and green springing to life as if the gods had heard Ola's request and deemed it right to grant it. The water sprayed around the eagles making it easy for one to imagine it was their powerful wings that were forcing the water to move in lovely arcs.

"There's something sad about these eagles. They seem destined to forever be frozen, anchored at the moment before they soar into the boundless skies."

Glancing one last time at the tempting waterfall of crystal clear water, Ola got up, tracing the route of the flowing man made stream. Behind him, his pretty shadow stayed attached. Manicured lawns and pruned flora went by unappreciated, his goal something larger and more imposing.

"Do you know who this is?"

Ola stood in front of a tall un-moving woman situated right before the first pool, dressed in garb not of this time. In her right hand she held an 'Irukere' --symbol of authority -- raised to challenge the heavens, her face frozen in defiance. She towered above him, indifferent to his existence. He gave no time for an answer to his question before he continued.

"Tinubu. This square was named after her. Madam Efunroye's rich life could easily be material for a blockbuster film. Shrewd, fearless, ambitious and influential, she was a woman who understood and wielded power; turning men into royalty. It is no surprise she was known as the King Maker."

Ola turned from the statue, hand lashing out without warning. Grabbing Malaozi's arm in a vice like grip he drew her to him, noses inches away, their breaths clashing.

"Are you my king maker?"

The lights of the square and the buildings around them went off, plunging the space around them into darkness, deepening their privacy as Ola's question lay heavy between them.

twitter - @just2days

thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by tonyxxx(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
Thanks..... Enjoying it thoroughly,savoring every sentence & action,can't wait to see where you take it from here & i appreciate the updates. #masterclass
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by tonyxxx(m): 1:46pm On Jun 23, 2018
Just reloaded your thread for the umpteenth time & still no updates... I hope you haven't forgotten us? I love this story & i really hope you would consider dropping an update soon. Even a short one would be well appreciated. Thanks in anticipation
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2018
tonyxxx:
Just reloaded your threa... …in anticipation

I have to apologize though it's likely not going to make up nor any excuse satisfactory for it being over 3 weeks since I last logged into Nairaland.

So you don't have to go through reloading i'll leave date of next chapter release at end of every chapter.
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2018
I will own you. Mind; Body; Soul

HIDDEN DARKNESS CH 18

From above, a city returns to a more primitive time, adopting the color of Maria who police often rode. A citywide power outage was not common in this metropolis home to millions, but this time it had forced safety circuit breakers to trip for many found within its limits. Within the dark fear grew. It grew among the children whose imaginations fed it, among the old who remembered it and among the adults who had tasted what lurked inside. The good citizens of Lagos quickly found their way to the safety of their homes, a growing feeling of unease quickening their steps as they surrendered the city to the world of darkness. Their anxiety was not baseless, for the underworld was stirring like it had never before. A single name spread like wild fire in a summer savanna. Passed as a whisper from lip to lip, it brought with it the sound of chambered rounds and striking metal. It was a name that had suddenly ceased to exist a few years ago. The reason why was not easily acquired. Many had let out a sigh of relief, some had rained hell at being denied their revenge, a handful shed silent tears for the end of an era while a few fanatically awaited a return.

On a quiet street situated within the estate commonly known as Lekki Phase One, a standby generator kicked in after the city wide power outage occurred. The house it should supply electricity was still unable to separate itself from the night. To call the building a house would be doing it injustice, its size making it more than appropriate to dub it a mansion. Though a two story building, one couldn't see the roof from outside its Babel high fence, a detail noticed by a youth sitting outside its gates in the driver seat of a Honda City.

The youth was not born in the city, only becoming one of the millions of inhabitants after obtaining admission to Lagos State University. It had been an exciting day for him and his family when the letter came. He could still vividly recall the words his father had uttered.

"Ekiuwa, you have made me proud."

Ekiuwa remembered it like it was yesterday. He had thought his heart would explode from the pride he felt after hearing those words from his father. Being the only child of the youngest wife in a large family of Cocoa farmers had come with its ups and downs. It was no secret Ekiuwa's father favored his youngest wife over all his other wives and children. This had brought with it both hidden and open hostility from everyone within their compound. It did not help that Ekiuwa's mom was not originally from Evbuomoma village. She urged Ekiuwa to study hard in school, knowing the wives would deny any inheritance for her son if anything should befall their husband. Wanting to make his mom happy, he did not let her down.

Evbuomoma village had become quite lively as Ekiuwa's father bought everyone rounds of Tchouk at the local bar. Simultaneously he aroused and appeased the jealousy of their neighbors as he paraded his sons success. A few of the men applauded Ekiuwa, happily drinking the free alcohol. Others went as far as advertising their daughters as prime candidates for marriage to the Lagos bound boy; a sudden shift now that he had prospects. Though Ekiuwa was called 'boy to fine' by the girls in the village, with the pressure of his father's wives and children, no girl or boy in the village would associate with him. When Ekiuwa heard these men describing how beautiful and proportioned their daughters were and how much of a good match they could be, he was unable to hide his embarrassment and discomfort. He ran out the door as quickly as he could to the roaring laughter of the drinking men.

Freshly eighteen, Ekiuwa was filled with excitement and fear the day he was to leave. Even though he had no friends, this was still the only place he had ever known. It was a struggle to step out from his moms embrace and board the vehicle bound for Lagos. She smelled of flour and sugar, not a surprise to Ekiuwa who held a large nylon of Yovo Doko. With freely flowing tears, she watched along with the rest of the village as the rickety bus pulled farther and farther away. Sitting in the vehicle, Ekiuwa could no longer stop himself from crying. But, with it came an intense determination; to make enough money to take his mom away from Evbuomoma. It had been half a year since that day.

The headlamps of the car were the only lights on the street. The beam lit up a large threatening black gate and a small man currently lying on a wooden bench beside it. The small man looked very much like the gatemen that manned many of the homes he had passed on his search for this street. The map that had been instrumental in leading Ekiuwa here rested on the seat beside him. It had been handed to him along with the keys to the Honda City. Dark, skinny and smelling like his bathing was done in a richly filled gutter, the gateman seemed to not be bothered about the car that had stopped in front of him. Face covered with a straw hat sporting two thin holes, he showed no signs of stirring. Eyes darting around, Ekiuwa's hand gripped the steering wheel, twisting over and over much like he did the clothes he helped his mother rinse in the stream. Though tempted, he did not press the horn to wake up the gateman. The instructions they had passed to him had been strict, but no one said anything about what to do in case of a blackout.

At a loss, he skipped the first step and brought out a silver torchlight from the glove box of the Honda. It looked like any torchlight you'd buy from the market. It wasn't until you held it that you'd realize it was too heavy. Training it on the gate, he turned it on. There was no beam of light shooting out the end of the torchlight but the straw hat on the head of the man lying on the bench moved. The gate slowly swung open revealing a darkened interior. Thoughts of putting the car in reverse and speeding away grew strong. He had seen quite a few movies where such scenes had occured. It rarely ended well. But memories of the bag full of cash they had showed him held him in its sway. Gritting his teeth, the car went in gear and rolled forward. He did not get far, another gate blocking his progress. Behind him the gate shut, cutting off any possibility of retreat. Metal struck his window, breaking it and sending shards of glass flying. A bright light hit his eyes, momentarily blinding him. Hand reaching up to shield his face, the drivers door was yanked open, a hand dragging him out by the collar. Ekiuwa fell to the paved floor, bits of glass that had found its way into his skin, digging deeper. A booted foot stepped on the back of his neck pressing him back to the floor as he struggled to rise.

"Name!"

"Please, please, mister... my name..."

"I said name!"

The boot pressed harder against his neck, pinning him to the road. Fear held him in its grip, his heart pounding against his chest like it wished to leave and find another home.

"Still not going to answer!"

A swift kick to his chest sent him rolling across the ground till he was stopped by another boot, the breath knocked out of him, his eyes still seeing spots of color. He had thought he had left behind such beatings when he left the reach of his half-brothers.

"Four and Eight, search the car!"

Struggling for each breath, his mind sluggish, Ekiuwa attempted to get away as he heard each distinct crunch of boot on glass shards. Over and over he wished he had never stumbled upon that job offer, wished he wasn't so desperate after he had read a letter that had come from mother.

"Name!"

A hand dragged him up by the neck as if he weighed nothing. 

"Ekiuwa."

A slap landed without mercy, the delivering hand covering half his face and driving away his ability to see while sending him back to the floor he had just left.

"I don't know any Ekiuwa. Name!"

"Olosho.... Olosho... please stop"

The foot that had been intent on delivering some more pain hung in the air. Hands helped Ekiuwa up.

"Apologies. Too much of a coincidence for you to show up when the electrical grid for the compound shorted. Security word accepted, you may go through. Follow the road."

Sight returning, Ekiuwa unsteadily made his way to the car not daring to say a word, his only purpose now to get far away from here as quick as possible. Beside the Honda, the ones called Four and Eight held MP-5's, their muzzles currently trained to the ground.  The second gate opened and he drove through. Behind, the word 'Olosho' was repeated and followed by laughter.

In front of large double doors stood a tall woman. Resting on a slim petite nose was a pair of tortoise shell glasses, in her hands a large lit purple scented candle. Electricity had been restored to the compound, the security lights making visible the many flowers that surrounded the mansion. She wore her hair cut low and bleached white in stark contrast to her midnight skin. It was a clash that commanded attention. An unnerved Ekiuwa was stunned by the appearance of the woman who waited for him at the top of the staircase leading into the mansion. For a second his mind forgot the pain and torment he had just suffered but his body didn't, tremors still evident.

"Come."

It wasn't a request. She uttered the word much like there was no other option but to obey. On the drive between the gate and the mansions front door he had considered turning around and leaving but he could not miss this opportunity. Subconsciously smoothing the only other pair of jeans he owned, he unsteadily made his way up the stairs to her. Ekiuwa had very little experience with women. Even after coming to Lagos this had not changed. Though quite a few of the girls from his classes had expressed interest in him, his inability to carry on a conversation and his lack of any disposable income had quickly left him high and dry. More than one had come up to say the fine face he had was wasted on him. It was a situation he didn't mind much as he focused on his studies.

"Phone."

Reaching into his pocket, Ekiuwa brought out a cheap flip phone, the screen now cracked thanks to the incident at the gate. It had been something he had picked up from the trash can of one of his classes. Classmates had laughed at him when he asked 'Who owns it?'. Happily he had claimed it after everyone showed their disdain for such old technology. Taking it from him, he could only watch as she broke it in half, dropped it onto the floor and crushed it beneath her stiletto heel.

"Drink this."

On his palm she placed a shot glass filled to the brim with a clear liquid.

"What about the money that..."

"I said drink it."

Having come this far he couldn't turn back now. With thoughts of his mother he downed it in a single gulp, the liquid pouring down his throat, burning as it went.

"Only follow. Touch nothing."

She said no more, heading back into the house. Ekiuwa following like a chick would a hen.

The mansion's interior was lit with candles giving off a pleasant scent. At first Ekiuwa assumed they were there because of the power outage but then remembered the security lights had come on while he drove to the building. Curiosity began to overcome his fear, eyes wandering while they walked through varying passages, rooms and doors. His head felt lighter and hazier as they progressed. On the walls were paintings of varying sizes. Early on he thought he could make out their content but as they walked he found it harder and harder to focus, the images becoming more and more blurry. Worries that were heavy on his mind began to melt away, replaced by a desire that seemed to be growing in strength. He kept his eyes on the woman walking in front of him, details about her he had not noticed gaining prominence; the fullness of her hips, curve of her back, ripples generated with every step she took. His hand reached out, the other grabbing it. 'What am I doing?" Ekiuwa asked himself. The midnight complexion woman stopped at a golden door with carvings of various wild animals locked in battle. Its depiction was fierce and life like, seeming to be a second away from jumping off the door and locking on Ekiuwa's throat

"Stand with your back to the door."

Ekiuwa's did not want to step any where near those doors; an inexplicable sense of danger coming from within, but to his surprise he obeyed. The woman walked up to him, a palm resting on his chest. It became harder and harder for him to focus. A wave of warmth spread from her touch, a corner of his mind telling him something was wrong. She pushed, her strength surprising him as he fell back, body tensing for an impact that did not come. He stumbled past the open door into a large room, the door sliding back in place in front of his eyes. Ekiuwa caught himself, jumping forward to claw at the door, a growing heat in his body. A whimper escaped his lips afraid to turn around as he realized what he drank was affecting him.

"He is quite lively, I think I want this one."

"But you had the last one."

"So what! I'm older so I get to set the rules."

"Oh, now you are happy to be older."

Ekiuwa's heart beat an inconsistent rhythm, the conversation going on behind him. It was becoming harder to think clearly. He had given up on the door, finding no way to open it but still unable to face what lay behind. 

"He seems to have realized there's no where to run."

"I like the ones that try to run the best. Such innocence is hard to find these days."

"I said I want this one."

"And I said you got the last one."

"Ok, what do you want for him?"

Ekiuwa's legs gave way, collapsing to the floor, the heat reaching levels he could no longer ignore.

"Please let me go. I don't want the money anymore. Please."

Desperate, the drink muddling his thoughts, Ekiuwa knelt where he was. Eyes closed, afraid to see the horrors that must be in front of him.

"He looks delicious, I can't let him go for any price."

"Why are you behaving like this. Be reasonable."

"Can't you see him. He is so tender, I would be a fool to give him up. Boy get up and let your eyes feast."

Once again he felt like he could not disobey, getting up and opening his eyes. Two women stood before him, hundreds of candles lining the room, giving it a soft glow, filling it with the scent of lavender.

"Beautiful."

Ekiuwa could not help himself, the word slipping out of his lips. He did not realize he had said it until after his ears heard the word. Truly he could not be blamed. A few feet away from him, two stood watching. They were the same and yet so different. His eyes traveled to the woman on his right. Her full lips were painted a deep red that glistened in the flickering candle light. Her eyelids supported luscious lashes that swept the heart as they opened and shut. Fair skin held a hint of red at the cheeks and hair tumbled down to her shoulders in unending curls. A black cocktail dress hugged her close, bare at the shoulders, ending before the knees and hiding none of the curves she possessed. His jeans tightened as his eyes took her in. Turning to the woman who stood beside her, he couldn't help but swallow. Nothing adorned her face. She stood there with no assistance from any man made alterations and still he could not look at her as less or more beautiful. Her hair, a mass of thick black Didi braids stood out against the pure white of the lace Aso Oke she wore. Behind them a large poster bed with drawn curtains stood quietly. His mind emptied, filling with carnal desires. Ekiuwa looked away, fighting the urges that burned within him.

"It's so difficult to find young virgins these days. Sokoto has truly done well."

"He can't even look at us. I haven't seen anyone fight that drink for this long. So cute."

Walking up to him a lacquered finger traced his cheek, breaking skin, drawing a red line that began to pool into a drop.

"Don't worry child, I promise you'll be handsomely rewarded if you don't disappoint me."

Her words gave hope to Ekiuwa in the little part of his mind that could still think clearly. Then he knew he had to fulfill the last task before he lost all rational thought.

"Duhu is back."

Ekiuwa could not understand what was so important about those three words but Mr. Sokoto had stressed to him he must deliver the message or he would get nothing. Why someone would pay such a large sum to deliver in person in this day and age of phones he could not fathom. Though he suspected it would not be so simple, desperation made him throw caution to the wind.

"Duhu!"

The two screamed the name, half the candles in the room extinguishing. The door behind Ekiuwa slid open, the woman who had led him here stepping in like a living shadow.

"Amo, Oma what is your wish."

"Get in touch with all the girls we have working tonight, anyone who sees Duhu and reports it will be rewarded."

"Yes Amo."

"Focus on the bars and clubs, he won't be able to resist after being away for so long."

"Yes Oma."

"This time he won't escape. How about it Amo, I'll trade you first crack at Duhu for this one here."

"As tempting as that is, you know my answer."

"Then we'll do it together."

"Yes, together. Call me as soon as we get word. Now let me have the room so I can train my new toy."

"Don't break him."

"Of course not. I'm not you."

twitter - @just2days

Thanks for reading

CHAPTER 19 - JULY 11

1 Like

Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by pacifust058(m): 8:27pm On Jul 09, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2018
pacifust058:
Thanks for the update

Thanks for sticking around
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 12:26pm On Jul 11, 2018
To have you at my side I happily damn my soul

THE STORY SO FAR : Darkness has fallen on the Lagos Metropolis and with it the underworld claim the city once again as the knowledge of Duhu's return spreads. For the day walkers they remain unaffected for the most part but there are an unlucky or 'lucky' few who slip through the cracks unwittingly stepping into a world they know nothing about as has been seen with Ekiuwa and Ola's newly found Priest -Ore-. Though Ekiuwa and Ore will be sucked into this world, there is another who will merely brush by. 

HIDDEN DARKNESS CH 18.5

Disbelief was the simplest way one could describe Ndueso's emotions at the moment. He let out a shout that alarmed those who lined up behind him waiting for their turn at the ATM. He didn't care as he stared at the text on the screen showing 71,000 Naira in his bank account. Rubbing his eyes he looked once again half expecting the numbers to turn to the 1000 Naira that should have been there, people behind him voicing their impatience. It was an account he had opened only a few days ago. He was sure he hadn't given the number to anyone. It could only be a mistake, the money intended for some other account. Quickly he withdrew everything, afraid the 70,000 would disappear if he waited even a fraction of a second more. 'To think I just came to withdraw 100 for offering' he thought, while walking to the church, his pockets weighed down. 

At the pulpit Ndueso gave a heartfelt testimony of what his Maker had done for him to the rousing applause of the congregation. Happily he dropped 7100 Naira into the offering basket as it passed by, counting it out in full view of those around him. At the end of the service, quite a few friends came to congratulate him on the blessings he had received but his eyes were focused on someone else. Mkpulunma was a thing of beauty and she didn't hesitate to flaunt it. Around her the youth of the church gathered, vying for her attention. Ndueso had tried more than once to ask her out but she had refused. Each time he was not surprised by her answer as the only place he could afford to take her was the local bar with a thatched roof where his few hundred nairas wouldn't be too small. It wasn't a secret she was a club girl. Today he was confident as he elbowed his way to the front of the crowd surrounding her.

"Mkpulunma make we talk?"

When she saw him, a brilliant smile lit up her face. Politely she excused herself from the youth that surrounded her, following Ndueso to a more secluded corner of the church compound. The flashes of jealousy were not limited to a few.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I wan carry you comot. Tonight. Choose the place."

"Really?"

She grabbed his hand, excitement in her eyes. 

"Quilloxx is having an event today that's going to be a lot of fun."

"Ok. What time should I pick you up?"

"But it will be expensive."

"No worry about that mata."

Ndueso whipped out the thousands of naira in his pocket with a flourish. When she saw it her lips split into another brilliant smile, her chest lightly brushing against his upper arm.

"Wonderful! Here's my number. We can take an uber to the place."

"Oh, don't have the uber."

His flip phone not even able to download simple apps.

"No problem i'll order it and you can pay the driver when we get there. You'll get to see my special dance."

"You have special dance! Can I see now?"

"Nope. When we get in the club."

Seeing his sad look she quickly added 

"I'll let you see a little."

With that she worked her hips to the delight of Ndueso. It ended seconds after she started, effectively wetting his appetite for more. Before he could say anything, she had skipped away while shouting she'd see him tonight at 10. The time couldn't come soon enough for Ndueso as he nurtured a hope that he would have a chance to show off to her during their time together. 

twitter - @just2days

Thanks for reading

2 Likes

Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2018
May you always be brave in the shadows till the sun shines upon you again.

HIDDEN DARKNESS CH 19

Devils come out to play when light loses to the darkness. Nestled in the bosom of the dark, fear thrives giving life to our worst nightmares. Every subtle movement, the gentle close of a door, the uneven creak of a cracked floor tile becomes a promise of the terrors hidden within the inky unknown.

In the heart of Tinubu Square, located within the metropolis called Lagos, home to millions, two people stood hidden away in the darkness.

"King maker... You must be a fool. I was given a task, to find and deliver you. Nothing more. By this time tomorrow you'll be someone else's problem."

Ola released her arm, the glow of a kerosene lantern approaching the couple.

"This world can be full of surprises."

He looked up at the star filled sky. They twinkled brightly. It was a rare sight in this part of the city, the artificial lights usually drowning out their brilliance by now. Walking away to the hum of a city full of generators, lights once again came to life, rendering the city in alternating strips of white and black. The floating lantern passed by Ola, its target the woman who still stood in place. Malaozi's heart beat a rhythm that confused her, leaving her flustered and lost. She closed her eyes, meditating on her mind and body, returning it to the state she was accustomed to. Wrinkled fingers pressed against the taut flesh of her waist. It jarred her, knee moving up unbidden as training took over from her distracted brain. It found the two withered eggs between the legs of the old caretaker. Head whipping to the side, his eyes saw an explosion of brilliant colors, the pain sending him on a quick one way trip to the ground, lantern not far behind.

Malaozi looked at the old man presently clutching his manhood while screaming in pain as incoherent curses were strung together. She couldn't make out much but here and there she heard 'mama', 'fada' and what she guessed was meant to be some part of her anatomy. Suppressing the urge to put the man out of his misery permanently she left him there once she ensured the kerosene lantern posed no danger. At the entrance of the square, a Range Rover stood with its lights on and engine running. Two black suited men stood vigilant at its doors. It blocked off one lane of the one way road but none of the cars having to make their way around gave a single toot of their horn. A strange thing to see in this city famous for its mostly crazed and fearless motorist. Malaozi suspected it had something to do with the Toyota camry behind the Range that had its windows broken and tires slashed.

"Where is the package?"

Malaozi asked the man holding open the door of the jeep for her.

"Currently situated in the owners corner, Red Angel."

"Good. There's a man rolling in pain within the square. You'll find him near the woman statue. Give him 300,000 Naira for his trouble."

"It will be carried out."

"Actually make it 100,000. He pissed me off. What of the Toyota behind us?"

"The package said we should find and reimburse him. If I may say, he seems to have changed..."

The suited man had been in the business for sometime, having served the family for years. She ignored his statement. Getting into the drivers seat she sped off, leaving the men behind.

"Where too?"

"You wanted a drink. Taking you to a bar."

"I could also use some female company. Not that you aren't female but i'd prefer someone who wouldn't kill me for complementing her figure."

"I know a few establishments that provide female companionship at a decent price and can also vouch for their medical situations."

"A brothel?! Do I look like I need to pay for sex."

Malaozi turned around, her facial expression answering for her.

"F-u-c-k. Just take me to a club."

Who does she think I am.

Ola slid to the seat behind her, his hand reaching up to poke her.

"Touch me and you lose that finger."

"Do you have eyes at the back of your head?"

She did not answer.

"The young priest, I need you to covertly get a secure phone under his pillow."

"Why under his pillow..."

"So he knows I can reach him anywhere. It can be unnerving when you know the place you sleep has been invaded."

"I'll make a call. The reading of your father's will is happening tomorrow."

"Has nothing to do with me."

"He knew you well. Instructions were left to put you in a strait-jacket and drag you there in the trunk of a car if necessary."

"Even from the grave he still wants to control me."

"Once the will is read, my task will be fulfilled and I will be done with you."

"Malaozi dear, I thought we were making a connection..."

"I must not have hit you hard enough this morning"

"Want to bet on this connection?"

"You have nothing I want."

"Don't be so sure. The bet will always be waiting for you when you realize I do."

"We're here."

Ola stepped out of the car, his rubber slippers slapping the tarred road. Coming out of the door behind the driver had landed him on the street. He looked out at the near empty Ozumba Mbadiwe expressway. A few cars lined up at the traffic light waiting for it to turn green. A danfo bus sped past Ola; nearly hitting him, his loose fitting shirt blown up by the passing wind. At that speed there is no way it can break in time to stop at the red light. Moments later he watched as the bus sped past the red light like it was trying to get him to register for MMM after the collapse. A year is not enough for change. Closing the door he made his way round the car. The first thing he saw was a line teeming with people waiting to get past two well built men in black short sleeve shirts that strained to contain their bulging muscles. Strapped to their chest were vest that had a similar design to body armor. Too light; those things will be as effective at stopping bullets as vitafoam pillows. Behind them rose a well lit building, at the top a sign with the word "Quilloxx" in large yellow neon light. None noticed Ola, their attention set on the security that barred their path to the club. Running parallel to the long line was a roped off section having a red carpet with butterfly's and "V.I.P" stitched into it every few feet. Showing no hesitation, Ola made his way to the red carpet. Taking care not to step on the butterflies he walked past the eager people waiting to get in. As he worked his way to the front, people began to notice him.

"Does this beggar think that is the line for free food?"

"See all the ragged hair on his head and face. Is this not a mad man?"

"Someone call pastor to come cast out whatever demon has entered him."

They could not help but look and laugh at the beggar confidently walking the red carpet. Some began to wait in anticipation for the show that would occur when he reached the the two large men manning the gate while some well meaning few urged him not to keep going. Before their expectation could be realized, a guy near the front, with an arm around a thing of beauty suddenly ducked under the velvet rope separating the V.I.P. from the peoples line.

"Oga you no see road ni?"

Ola watched as the guy left the lady he was with and confidently blocked his path in an obvious attempt to show off.

"Seeing as you are a nobody, I won't embarrass you in front of your babe."

"Shohh, see beggar oh! Wetin that one suppose mean?!"

"It's exactly as you think."

"No be by english. Betta reason your matter!"

"Shoh wetin dey worry you. Na because I follow you speak proper english ni? I cause am. I dey follow you talk like human being. Abeg if person fi sample this guy remove one of in teeth I go give you the moto behind me."

"Ahan, na so dem dey dash moto. Who you be. Baba free?"

"Keys please"

To the people in the line watching, it looked like the beggar was talking to his family gods to drop down from heaven the keys to the Range Rover behind him. When a set of keys fell from the sky, the shock on their faces left some gasping. Grabbing them from the air, the beggar pressed a button, the lights on the Range Rover blinking in response. Tossing the key to the security closest to him he walked past the speechless guy that had blocked his path.

The fist came out of no where, connecting with the guy who had been trying to impress the girl with him. As he fell to the floor he had a look on his face that seemed to be asking 'What have I done wrong...'. Others soon followed as men and even the woman he came with rushed to be the one to knock out a tooth. Ola did not bother to turn around, the other security letting him through without a word as someone was shouting with a gleeful voice "I got it, I got it..."

1 Like

Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2018
May you always be brave in the shadows till the sun shines upon you again.

HIDDEN DARKNESS CH 19 CONTINUED

Music could be heard faintly as they waited outside the door to the club.

"Nice throw Malaozi."

"How many Ranges do you plan on going through in one day?"

"Does it matter?"

She said nothing more.

"Do we have to wait?"

"They've gone to call the manager. Turns out all the V.I.P. sections are filled. We'll need him for a peaceful eviction."

"Can't we just go to the normal section."

"You might get recognized."

"Under all this hair? You worry too much. Kind sir open the door and let me in."

The security man, dressed much like his counterparts outside brought out a metal detector preparing to check them both.

"Don't bother, we are both going to set that thing off and we will still enter."

Taken aback the security man looked once again at the man and woman in front of him.

"Duhu!"

"Don't call me that."

The metal detector fell from his hands but he did not bother picking it up.

"Sorry sir, meant no disrespect. If I knew it was..."

"It's fine just open the door."

The music immediately reached a pounding volume as the door opened. Ola's steps unconsciously matched the tempo of the beat, his lips mouthing the words. It was a popular song with a catchy tune; evident in the vibrating dance floor that was the first thing one stepped on. Flashing multi colored swiveling lights covered the ceiling, giving a kinetic feel, turning what should be mundane into intriguing. The second floor ringed the dance floor allowing for those above to watch the swinging hands, gyrating hips and sliding feet of the dancers below. Threading his way through the packed dance floor became a chore as chests, butts, arms and feet hindered his progress. At first he had an easier time than Malaozi who had a few men try to pull her into the flow of the dance as she passed by. That soon changed, a space appearing like magic around her as she walked. Behind, men held limp hands, pain evident in their eyes.

Finding two seats at the bar, Malaozi raised the collar of her burgundy jacket and brought out sound canceling ear phones.

"Bartender two shots of whiskey."

Sliding the second glass to Malaozi, he held his between two fingers. It had been at least a year since he'd had a drink. A certain sister had made sure no one would sell to him in the village. If he had really tried, he could have just gone to the next village but he never did. I wonder how she's doing. Better I put that dream behind me.

"To Chukwu, who should have been here but fates bullet saw differently"

Ola shouted his words so he could be heard, his shot glass held above his head. With one quick motion the brown liquid disappeared down his throat. Turning, he was just in time to catch Malaozi pouring her shot on the floor.

"You don't like whiskey? Bartender two shots of vodka."

Again, he slid a glass to her while drinking his. Just like before she poured it onto the floor.

"Vodka too? Bartender line up a shot of rum, shot of tequila, gin, baijiu and brandy. Put before her."

Each one set in front of her she picked up and offered to the spirits of the floor. By this time a worker had come to clean the mess and just hung around wondering how long this would go on for.

"Bartender give her a shot of water."

Though confused the bartender complied. At first he had hesitated to serve this poorly dressed man but if he could get in here during such a special event he had a sneaky suspicion this man was not normal. Setting the shot glass filled with water in front of the woman in the burgundy jacket, they both watched her wondering what she would do. Once again she picked up the glass but this time she drank it. So she is paying attention. I should try cocktails, she might be into girly drinks. Before he could put his plan into action, Ola felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Is this seat taken?"

Beside him stood a fair lady in a black dress that started from her shoulders and ended mid thigh. It clung to her, covering all but leaving little to the imagination. I don't think this one was fair from birth. The shy smile that her purple painted lips expressed did not seem to belong on her.

"No."

He could see she wasn't very tall but when she sat down she gained height she didn't have standing up.

"Why are you trying to get your girlfriend drunk?"

"What? Girlfriend? Oh no, she's not my girlfriend. She is..."

Ola stopped mid sentence. Saying she's my bodyguard would be stupid.

"What are you drinking?"

"Surprise me."

"Bartender a purple rain for the lady and a manhattan for me."

"Why did you order purple rain for me?"

"To match your lips."

She giggled, a sound he could not hear over the music. She brought the purple cocktail to her lips, a free hand brushing aside her Brazilian hair that tried to slip into the drink.

"You look familiar."

"Some people say I look like a young Denzel."

"No that's not it. You are much more handsome than Denzel."

"So your eyes are as sharp as they are pretty. Are you here alone?"

"Wouldn't you like to know. Save my seat I need to freshen up."

Ola watched as she walked away, enjoying the view for a bit before turning and removing one of the earphones in Malaozi's ear.

"She said I was more handsome than Denzel."

"Anyone looks good in this club lighting. Either that or she's blind or her level for handsome is lower than dirt."

"Are you jealous?"

"Is Thor jealous of Sango?"

What does that even mean. Before he could come up with any form of a reply he heard a whisper in his ear.

"I brought a friend."

She was back and not alone. In tow was what must be her friend. Unlike her black attire, her friend wore white and was as dark as she was fair. Rather than a single piece, she wore white trousers and a white blouse. The trousers concealed her skin from waist to ankle but her blouse was cut to reveal as much as it covered. Her exposed belly button shone with what he guessed she hoped to pass off as a diamond while her heaving twins threatened to spill out of the strips of fabric holding them in place. Bleached hair brought the whole ensemble to completion. Together they grabbed a hand each and tugged him towards the dance floor.

"I don't think I can handle both of you."

"Course you can, you look so manly."

"Alright, let me get some liquid courage. Another Manhattan bartender."

They barely gave him time to drop the empty glass back on the bar before pulling him onto the dancefloor. Forcefully they made a path keeping Ola between them like freshly caught prey till they reached a satisfactory spot. As if the dj knew his plight, the current song ended and four words suddenly blared out of every speaker.

"You go wound oh!...

Everyone exploded, the club seeming to reach a higher gear like a fuse had been lit. It must have been a popular song for there to be such a reaction, voices shouting out the lyrics almost drowning out the music itself.

"Slay Mama, e tin ba nkan bo... ba nkan bo”

Ola didn't have any time to dwell on it as two warm bodies pressed against him from the front and back imprisoning him between.

"Sister Sulia t’o di Jenifa. Won wa’se d’Eko, wa sise ni Bar"

As he moved, they moved, refusing to allow their formation to be broken. The fair skin lady wrapped a hand around his neck drawing him close.

"Won ti di Bororo, won ti lo chemical."

Not wishing to be outdone, her friend with bleached hair grabbed his hand, spun him, dropped low, curved her back and pulled up slowly.

"Alaga Daripon bi Diouf, player Senegal. Hahah, e ma kan lapa, e ma kan lese”

It did not take long for their dancing to attract the gaze of others, a small space soon appearing. Seeing the enthusiasm of the two girls as they showed off baffling flexibility a few of those around moved in to replace the guy between them. This attempt bore no fruit as both girls raised a leg and hooked Ola; creating an impenetrable cage. There couldn't have been a clearer way to pass across their message.

With the song coming to an end, to the girls surprise, Ola slipped out of their cage.

"Are you leaving? One more song!"

They seemed adamant. They really don't want me to leave. I truly am too handsome. Not wishing to be dragged again he offered a compromise.

"After we drink."

They both smiled as they headed back to the bar, taking up three seats with Ola between them and Malaozi to the side

"Call out whatever you want, this 'not my girlfriend' will be paying"

The girls cheered as they happily pointed to a specially lit bottle of Dom Perignon hanging above the bartenders head. Carefully he brought it down, reaching underneath the bar for sparklers and whistlers to light. Malaozi tapped the bartender and shook her head. She couldn't explain it but she felt something felt off. The bartender could not read the complex thoughts going on in her head but he got the simple message, popping the cork without any fan fare. This did not dampen the excitement of the ladies as they refilled their cups again and again. While they drank they made sure Ola matched them glass for glass. He didn't mind laughing and enjoying the attention as well as the not so subtle accidental brushes the girls adopted.

"What else do we drink to?"

"New friends!"

They both whooped, taking turns to clink their glasses of champagne before downing them once again.

"Do you have names?"

"I am queen Whitey!"

As she said it she struck a pose that she thought was queenly, failing woefully but successfully causing the bartender to forget he was pouring a drink; the glass overflowing. Ola shouted out her name, his glass rising up in a toast, wondering if it was because she always wore white.

"Does that mean you are queen Blackey?"

He turned to the light skin lady who sat between him and Malaozi.

"Yes! How did you know?"

"I am a god!"

They giggled, the bottle nearly finished, their insides bubbly as they reached that perfect tipsy state that made everything more enjoyable and lowered inhibitions.

"You aren't a god!"

"Blackey, how do you know?"

"Because you are Duhu!"

She shouted with glee. Malaozi felt her unease explode when she heard the girl.

"Over the bar!"

She yelled, pushing Blackey aside to reach Ola, afraid he wouldn't hear with the music, drinks and the ladies holding his attention. Her eyes locked with his. She hadn't noticed his irises were grey rather than the usual brown most people had. It was strange for Malaozi not being the only one in a room to have some other color. At that point this piece of information didn't hold nearly as much weight as the knowledge she got from his eyes that he too was aware there was something wrong. Lights exploded above them, shards of glass raining down as the sound of gunfire drowned out the music. Screams filled the club, people racing for the exits. Men and women struggled, employing whatever means to be first out be it punching or clawing. A bullet found the turntable of the dj, bringing the music to a grinding halt. Standing against the tide, backs to the main exit, guns pointed to the sky spitting fire, two voices rose above the rest; bellowing out a single word.

"Duhu!"

twitter - @just2days

Thanks for reading

CHAPTER 20 - JULY 14

2 Likes

Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by pacifust058(m): 5:08am On Jul 12, 2018
Wow!!
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by Redblood(m): 8:06am On Jul 12, 2018
Nice one. good job, but I haven't read it, ......how will I sit to read all these grin
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 9:03am On Jul 12, 2018
pacifust058:
Wow!!

Hopefully that is a good 'Wow!!' and a not a op has lost his mind/ShotForInterestingAndMissed 'Wow!!' lol

Thanks for taking the time to comment
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 9:13am On Jul 12, 2018
Redblood:
Nice one. good job, but I need read it, ......how will I sit to read all these grin

Tehehe thanks for the upbeat comment. Stand, walk around, upside down, lying down, hanging off a building; plenty other ways 'to read all these', JOKE.

No need to rush it, will likely be returning to 1200 word chapters anyway. The 3000+ word chapters was a small way to pay respect to tonyxxx who commented twice during the long absence.

Your extra care to drop a comment is appreciated
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by tonyxxx(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2018
#masterclass.... Thanks for the long update bro,had my heart skipping like a scratched CD. I simply love the way everything is coming together,even though you forgot to state when next you would be making your next update. More ink to your pen... More muses for inspiration
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by tonyxxx(m): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
just2day:

Tehehe thanks for the upbeat comment. Stand, walk around, upside down, lying down, hanging off a building; plenty other ways 'to read all these', JOKE.

No need to rush it, will likely be returning to 1200 word chapters anyway. The 3000+ word chapters was a small way to pay respect to tonyxxx who commented twice during the long absence. Though I dont write for the comments, I'd be lieing if i said 'they aren't nice to see'; be it a word, sentence or emoji

Your extra care to drop comment is appreciated

Your thoughtful gesture is highly appreciated as it has gone a long way in quelling my insatiable hunger for your amazing story....... For now at least. Looking forward to your next update.
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by donkelz(m): 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2018
This is dope! Its on Front-page! Kudos bro, please continue, NL will storm here!
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by Mczigx(m): 2:47am On Jul 13, 2018
One of the best stories i've read. keep up the good work
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by Redblood(m): 7:40am On Jul 13, 2018
just2day:

No need to rush it, will likely be returning to 1200 word chapters anyway. The 3000+ word chapters was a small way to pay respect to tonyxxx who commented twice during the long absence.

Your extra care to drop a comment is appreciated
Actually I am not a fast reader, maybe because I was former an engineer
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by donkelz(m): 9:11am On Jul 13, 2018
Oya NL's finest, report here...its a wonderful piece!

Samexdx stephengee12 hadampson dview001 rachealfst alarmednigerian vakjay08 meneski yommy20 prettyrose bibijay123 oyindawealth maltaleeza bakeuhappy supizino queenitee honourable356 debbycreamy dabila olufemiwhit kimkardashian Kimberly west iamloyalty countrygirl ayoshewa donteanz smokeydrinky chisiudeh dupsai sirgoldejike vincad skillful01 captainpower sikells castleberry maryclaire1 modik rhayne kunbeex princessadeola soulminister heemah osch10 Nmaglit forzarush sofiaamrozia misselocon jazmiynne mobecs damselbae igyeseh nanadeeva01 tolezy001 eitsei raintaker slimberry123 segibambo ladysunshine94 khennykhay rchilee dimssy boderline politicalthug Rodriguez12 prisivileth pweetywizzy charytea laraemi emzyme tillaman niwdog jekonmor officialflex bleeze2 cjizzy citygold121 aminatope247 jaesharp emmyn donnad diegonakel ogmeekzy07 hardeybay princesam10 bleeze2 cruzyteekay freshestmanny oluwaemmanuel sleekhoyen sexyolori pinkfeet ayodijex cyber5 succyblinks jupitre cindymorgan shurley22 ayodijex damibiz criis costal alamiendagash jide219 switkera renybenks osmon1996 queendd oroolorun shawdey tlordz toyin223 funnyfun precial419 boldndbeautiful tenniebae mightyfortress rosalieene nawtielizzie yourradiance tzminaj adeculate creeza go4success swankmee marvwhite aka sherlock Holmes
Dominicnuel skeetz gallantemory senatorpope

1 Like

Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by barristerbiodun(m): 11:13am On Jul 13, 2018
Nice plot. This can be made into a movie...
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
tonyxxx:
....Thanks for the long update bro,had my heart skipping like a scratched CD. I simply love the way everything is coming together,even though you forgot to state when next you would be making your next update. More ink to your pen... More muses for inspiration

Glad you enjoying it. Its fun having the separate elements work their way to each other, though having the patience to flesh them out while keeping them apart can be trying.

I think I did state the date of next update July 14. Its at the end of chapter 19 -continued- after the "Thanks for reading" (Had to split into two posts due to word limit)

Your positive thoughts are well received
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by donkelz(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
Make una show...

beetunez44 myself2 ironlion1 blendmanuel mrsochy patjane seven jasmine2013 dreyman21 lyrink matherson tuba69 heeyhun sistaj komforth sowole007 dztzl johngainsville deadrat gmekx stainless239 queensiju niphmmy subtlemee in4matic ephay mzztega ayomicome kingsamm anaselizzy elvisojugo erudite202 korinnesta ebydarling bossy512 wapapod light4life chommieblaq dinabella surddick Godsmileforever officialbazor bibi294 Queen golden tenderblaze areros honeydawealth shotunz mariinee kukoyi larride oluwabuqqyyolo gabsi422 pinkberry5 zaheertyler hantonia jagugu88li oscardafuscar heymorse spdazzy omorlehwah itxayce kpagogin missnande chimeluv mrintegrity247 sussybae theabider bigbauer neenie phayth tife101 biggietreasures emmy091 queenjuli barag connkg emmydan hottadiva kinah favouritetega osch10 queen494 civilizedtyger sleepingqueen25 itsjezzy sheycrown dupsai yaronjos heirapparent cruzyteejay jaybee96 mrgudmood amikeem horlorlardaey kemam sexyfire911 kikiwendy neurojosh erock247 teekaycarter moonnstar negudugrace rayvelez xlozer timmyshot gamesound shekinah190 waacut elshberry bammylee002 iamdaquin01 bestie93 crislyn spiceybae holuwaphlexy gr8skillz virtuedagirl lildiamond seunnla cerowo kingsuave medrehab roastedcorn yemsy13865 snowboi360 hormobolanle jeedope hobbyheart mhizfavour juniho77 johncasey1 moyenii chinedubrazil sapy apostolate kendrickmykell slayer2 cindy1000 cbella brohimot royh mhizclair bankiev anneboyo2 lizzyparx lorlahlizzy dotwillis1 omomifamily patotelli thiannah observer3 mexzzy47 nikz marvin902 helenbee mhizterauto kayceerilyn iwakacome twinkle004 centitan kajsa08 babeflenz nickibeauty chillgist iralife tjpromise mancrimes oluwafeolami do4luv cynicgod queendaisy smartgenius10 kingphillip inkdbetty ksslib hidhris gracito smileing trggasg geektrovert matrycx osedagal qasar4life peppirina jey4all boywest1 drachel1993 folake25 lugar14 iheyhun connoisseur selimdeon kasey18 chigold121 erudite202 kayus621 kerr9 geosilye iamlynn lordshola billirayz augustinesilva ceecane2 hardeydun schlastica16 julietbae adfijem aries26 olueaseun15 dreyman21 virtueblazer harkinlowyeh gracyblaze donblzer10 ayokunmi24 mhizsuccess veevean0 amanda24 chinachris chara019 mexzzy47 chemicalreaction herosakin777 emerortj93 elshberry tomzz gotios latbons nerdychukz tijehi chigold121 mzposhberry90 tuhndhay brendy01 danyceo trendytessy hobbyheart lecdope okeyben10 itsandi jtofineme tripplexon biggysmolz oluwasheenah awalat172 steediamond antonineutron classicladyk moseph arabaribiti chiexcel retake89 authorityspeaks bensam2040 sleekhoyeen ultimategeneral officialflex stainlexxx tobymoore go4success kingzero lordpeckxy chinacriss ikechizoba obicoolnino fadahunsilegend seteejax optizzycute teebilion dammypat olori1992 ladybandie sussybae incredible2017 mickeyjaggers40 labelle123 akiewillis bidemmy4real kayjay007 sleemon chitheo smartaphyl joshnes badohemmy oluwakemi65 arinzevictor illicitblood arrestdarrester chuks000 mitchelljnr bishop818 ladyhal1 hilariousthiago aseke1 coolie1 ekopsparoayara ebonyqueen001 kingso23 solomonbrown64 whocarex clint237 lorlahlizzy engracedmay jennymaryjane01 kunleseshan enekwesylvia auric Emerich smartaphy1 dondemex nuelzy charminee epbere21 opeade939 agbenuanna obezeeco seanwilliam mazimee dohyinsolah ladeturner69 marychommy provabz renybenks horladstar blessgj olalekank lilymax vicoch agp19 jchemmy1 5iecreepy ochyglowsglows jadedgrace98 paqman shadow melodydennis yemike nittroboy ahmedbanj phemorison hazardman omnisparrow trebron damon147 jchemy1 fameg helenbee dreofGod tdyke4 gabi98 uchman48 jiikye1 genius43 mizsylviah bimsee jasonex4 obedugo seanatist anthcunny hawlascho kunmisola majole austinsamekpo pratiba phemochee marvin902 magicmeemee jacoik stephmiracle odyx blackel trendymiss johnsown1....

4 Likes

Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
donkelz:
This is dope! Its on Front-page! Kudos bro, please continue, NL will storm here!

Front Page! Thumbs up for telling me. Lol, storm ke, a few people is more than enough.

Appreciate your comment
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
Mczigx:
One of the best stories i've read. keep up the good work

High praise. I know well i'm still learning but your words are a boost.

Thanks for typing it out.
Re: HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe by just2day: 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
Redblood:
Actually I am not a fast reader, maybe because I was former an engineer

Once an engineer forever an engineer! The way engineers see the world is unique. It was my mistake, thought you were just talking about the last couple chapters that were at least twice as long as the previous ones.

That's the beauty of books I think, it will always be there waiting for you. So take your time and enjoy at leisure.

Kudos to you sparing time to comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Publish With Domingobooks!!! FAQ Center / 'The Road To Victoria Island’: A Review Of Suraj Tunji Oyewale’s Book / The Secret Life Of A Housegirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 227
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.