Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words (20045 Views)

Makinde, Oyo Government Trade Words Over Alleged Last-Minute Spending / We Are Yet To Confirm Anambra’s Oil Producing Status – Deputy Gov / Ben Bruce And El-Rufai Trade Words On Twitter Over Abuja-Kaduna Railway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by Blue3k(m): 7:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
The Senate on Thursday mandated its committee on Petroleum (Upstream) to investigate the contention over the oil producing status of Kogi and Anambra states.

The resolution came after three senators from Kogi, Anambra and Enugu states traded of words on the issue.

First was Chukwuka Utazi (Enugu) who told his colleagues that an appointee of Anambra State, Mike Emuh, announced in a national daily that the state is an oil-producing state.

In a report by Vanguard newspaper, Mr Emuh, the National Chairman of Host Communities Producing Oil and Gas, HOSCON, told traditional rulers in the state that the federal government has approved 10 modular refineries in the 11 oil producing states in the country, one of which refineries would be cited in Anambra.

Mr Emuh further said the federal government also approved the employment of 10,000 youth from oil producing states, of which 1,000 are to be employed in Anambra State.

He added that he was in the state to ask the traditional rulers to nominate a particular place the modular refinery would be cited in the state and to prepare for the selection of the youth to be employed.

Mr Utazi condemned the announcement, saying the status of Anambra as oil producing state is still being looked into.

“On the 9th of April, 2018, the Vanguard newspaper among other things said that federal government confirms Anambra State’s status as oil producing state and it was copiously reported. I want to take the senate on a history lane.

“The government of President Jonathan Goodluck on 30th of August 2012 recognized erroneously Anambra as an oil producing state. As a result of that, it sparked a lot of violent protests in Kogi and Enugu states who were part owners of this oil, OPL 915, 916 and 917.

“As a result of the violent protests in these states, the government of Jonathan, as it then was called for a meeting on the 31st of October 2012 to resolve this issue and invited into the Villa, the (then) governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi; (then Governor Idris) Wada of Kogi and the deputy of Governor of Enugu State then for a meeting.

“After looking at the issue that concerns these ownership on this oil filed, they decided to withdraw the declaration already made and ordered the National Boundary Commission to wade into this issue and find out actually who owns what, and since then the NBC has been handling this matter.

“It is on record that I brought a motion to this effect when we were handling this issue but because of the nature of that motion, Mr. President decided to stand down that motion I brought and said we should allow the National Boundary Commission to look into that issue and come up with a final resolutions that the matter would be settled amicably.”

He prayed the Senate to look into the matter and caution the state appointee from making such announcement.

“Who owns OPL 915, 916 and 917? It is contentious. The Igala speaking people in Uzuwani are laying claims, Enchenwa of Abaji local government area of Kogi are laying claims, Anambra East Local Government are laying claims,” he concluded.

Reacting, a senator from Anambra State, Andy Uba, said Mr Utazi’s submission was a lie, claiming his state has attained the status of oil-producing state.

He said, “If you recall in 2013, those that were here in the 7th Senate, I moved the motion for Anambra to be included in the oil producing state and then the issue was that every state that wants to be included must produce 120,000 barrels of oil before they would be included and Anambra has attained that. So what my colleague is saying is not true. He is lying. He is just saying his own view.”

Defending his state, Dino Melaye from Kogi said the two other senators were lying as the contentious oil well belongs to Kogi.

“So that we don’t live with an impression that is wrong. You had earlier ruled that the chairman upstream look into the issue of the conflict as regards the oil discovery but I want to say that as a senator representing Kogi, that our electric brother and friend, Senator Utazi is totally wrong and my soft-spoken senator from Anambra State is totally wrong. The oil is from Ibaji Local Government in Kogi State. It is only owned by Kogi State and I want the chairman upstream to investigate it.”

The senate referred the matter to its committee on Petroleum (Upstream).

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/264809-senators-trade-words-over-oil-producing-status-of-anambra-kogi-states.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by NwaNimo1(m): 7:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
Pathetic......

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by Blue3k(m): 7:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
Anyway it's been 5 years why hasn't the national boundary commission returned with verdict telling Nigerians who the oil field belongs to.

Lol Dino has turned into a bad guy.

27 Likes

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by cashlurd(m): 7:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
Hmnñnnn.... It is always about our oil and natural resources..... Not about our development or growth!

3 Likes

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by FanYogo1(f): 7:21pm On Apr 12, 2018
Igbo leaders just enjoy propaganda and lying to their people grin grin grin

They want to finish what Kanu started grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by unohbethel(m): 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
Blue3k:
Anyway it's been 5 years why hasn't the national boundary commission returned with verdict telling Nigerians who the oil field belongs to.

thats a real question..since 5 years? me thinks they are playing politics with this oil issue

8 Likes

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by Blue3k(m): 7:31pm On Apr 12, 2018
Mike Emuh and the National Chairman of Host Communities Producing Oil and Gas are some liars. I wonder what sort of documents they presented to the chiefs.

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by FanYogo1(f): 7:32pm On Apr 12, 2018
Blue3k:

Igbo youths that are found of licking Yoruba politician ass will support Dino, of course.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by Xander85: 7:32pm On Apr 12, 2018
Blue3k:

Seems like you're enjoying this?

2 Likes

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by Blue3k(m): 7:33pm On Apr 12, 2018
It's entertaining in a dark satirical manner.

Xander85:

Seems like you're enjoying this?

5 Likes

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by unohbethel(m): 7:37pm On Apr 12, 2018
FanYogo1:
Igbo leaders just enjoy propaganda and lying to their people grin grin grin

They want to finish what Kanu started grin
the last i checked this thread is about oil in only 2 igbo states...but ur afonjaic or almajiric brain wont allow u to see where kogi was mentioned..truly upon all the envy u peopl has against ndi igbo they keep succeeding. IGBO AMAKA

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by Blue3k(m): 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
I agree they need to come out with an answer already. The 13% allocation money is sweet. We all know if it's doesn't go in Anambra favor we're going to hear it's because of tribalism and northern favoritism. This is not an issue for candidates looking for re-election.

unohbethel:
thats a real question..since 5 years? me thinks they are playing politics with this oil issue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by unohbethel(m): 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
FanYogo1:

Igbo youths that are found of licking Yoruba politician ass will support Dino, of course.
another iidiot on the loose...igbos keep giving this one sleepless nights.. cc lzaa inhotep come n see a pained igbo hater o on the loose

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by gurujoe(m): 7:45pm On Apr 12, 2018
Is only Chukwuka Utazi that is saying the fact. This issue will be resolved when NBC come with their report regarding the boundaries

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by unohbethel(m): 7:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
Blue3k:
I agree they need to come out with an answer already. The 13% allocation money is sweet. We all know if it's doesn't go in Anambra favor we're going to hear it's because of tribalism and northern favoritism. Thus not an issue for candidates looking for re-election.

bro at the colded, i greatly disagree... if the boundary commission brings out the result, and it shows that truly the land under question belongs to either anambra,kogi or enugu, the others wont say its tribalism cos the result will be so clear..

4 Likes

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by FanYogo1(f): 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2018
unohbethel:
the last i checked this thread is about oil in only 2 igbo states...but ur afonjaic or almajiric brain wont allow u to see where kogi was mentioned..truly upon all the envy u peopl has against ndi igbo they keep succeeding. IGBO AMAKA

This one obviously can't read. cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by LZAA: 8:06pm On Apr 12, 2018
unohbethel:
another iidiot on the loose...igbos keep giving this one sleepless nights.. cc lzaa inhotep come n see a pained igbo hater o on the loose
truly anoda ewedu headslamming goblin on the loose grin grin
their zombie programming no pass sai baba and sai caliphate grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by LZAA: 8:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
FanYogo1:

Mynd44 won't see this one o.
sai baba!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by LZAA: 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2018
unohbethel:
chooooi grin
fanyogo1 right now grin

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by unohbethel(m): 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2018
LZAA:

truly anoda ewedu headslamming goblin on the loose grin grin
their zombie programming no pass sai baba and sai caliphate grin
and also sai barber...for me i like buhari therefore he is my sai terrorist..hehe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by unohbethel(m): 8:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
FanYogo1:

This one obviously can't read. cry
hey afonja almajiri get out of my mentions

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by NonsoWow: 8:39pm On Apr 12, 2018
I have always said it that wawa people are the number one enemies of Anambra state. They just can't hide their envy because we Anambra indigenes are far more endowed than and divinely superior to them. Anambra and Enugu have nothing in common. Anambra indigenes will continue to stay light years ahead of those fake, incomplete and impure variety of Igbos. Anambra state owns those oil wells 100%! We won't share it with those mgbeke skulls. Wawa people can go get dirty with their useless coal.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by FanYogo1(f): 8:45pm On Apr 12, 2018
NonsoWow:
I have always said it that wawa people are the number one enemies of Anambra state. They just can't hide their envy because we Anambra indigenes are far more endowed than and divinely superior to them. Anambra and Enugu have nothing in common. Anambra indigenes will continue to stay light years ahead of those fake, incomplete and impure variety of Igbos. Anambra state owns those oil wells 100%! We won't share it with those mgbeke skulls. Wawa people can go get dirty with their useless coal.

We Nigerians see all you igbos as wawa people sha. Could you be more clear per which caste [i.e osu] is more wawa? undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by starbhooy(m): 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2018
EARN FREE BITCOIN PER HOUR

Click the Link in my Signature wink
Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by phranklyn92(m): 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2018
Y
Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by younglleo: 9:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
Mtchewwww.... And u expect me to read all these.. I see
Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by ruggedized1: 9:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
The oil wells are securely in Anambra State. Anambra is already developing their oil wells. what are those 2 other pretenders doing? It's obvious they have no oil to explore.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by oyetunder(m): 9:05pm On Apr 12, 2018
naija politicians and oil issues.
Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by ruggedboy01: 9:10pm On Apr 12, 2018
that land belong to anambra state, and there's nothing anybody can do about it, though I dislike obiano because of chino, but Truth must be told

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by royalamour(m): 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
undecided
Re: Oil Producing Status Of Anambra, Kogi States: Senators Trade Words by Blue3k(m): 9:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
If you don't have the attention span to read the article you can always download text to speech app. I recommend @voice aloud on android.

younglleo:
Mtchewwww.... And u expect me to read all these.. I see

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians, Don't Allow Fayose Escape – Lauretta Onochie / Sanwo-Olu Appoints Prince Fatiu Akiolu As New LASAA Boss / I Made N5.6 Million In 3-years - Donald Duke Tells INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.