Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

The Devil Comes To Visit. Epic Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Comes To Visit. Epic Short Story (326 Views)

A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit / The Handsome Devil I Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Devil Comes To Visit. Epic Short Story by EgbechoFaith(f): 10:08am On Apr 13, 2018
‘But mother! Fredo was the one who reported his uncle to father. Although, he could be so miserly at times, that is because he does not have enough. This is one part of my affair that I want you to manage.’

That was Era, the handsome daughter of the King. Many called her bold, others called her mighty, some saw her as formidable. She was a prince that came as a one true princess, the King usually thought.

Almost every night, Princess Era encountered endless arguments with her mother, Queen Martha on her choice of a Lord, the one with who she will be by his side to rule the kingdom very soon. Era just found Fredo a hundreds of nights ago and swore not to let the son-of-a-nobody go.

‘Mother please, he has those hands and his footsteps sing with mine.’

Queen Martha remained silent.

‘You are my consort mother. Make him the Prince for he is the only one I see.’

‘When you place the wealth of a nation in the hands of a minor, what do we gain? He cares for his stomach.’ Queen Martha finally said.

‘His uncle tried to steal the leathers and the shillings but he exposed him even without confidentially. What do we gain with Mathew who sucks his thumb?’ Era asked back.

‘I think you should go and bring him here while I go see your father. Hurry! Mathew may be visiting.’ Queen Martha finished and stood.

Era became nonplussed about her mother’s sudden agreement but her last sentence. ‘Mathew may be visiting.’ She propped herself.

‘You never told me about Mathew and his plot.’ Era shouted in betrayal. She could not believe that her own mother must have known Mathew’s plots and scams.

The Queen gently began to climb the stairs from the last step where they sat. Politely, she turned to her daughter and said.
‘What more can I say, this is one first and last chance. Hurry and bring your Lord If you can.’ She smiled and continued her journey graciously. Queen Martha is known for fighting everything.

Till she disappeared into the King’s court, Era stood, still unaware of how to react. She only felt heavy volcanoes forming around her throat, about to explode through tears and with all her strength she screamed, ‘Guaaards!’

That night, the evil has gone to visit Fredo first in form of Mathew, the desperate statesman that wanted Princess Era. With the help of his own guard, he made Fredo kneel like a last survivor at the end of his small hut.

Mathew loved panicking. ‘So this is the dungeon where you want to claim my LovePeddler?’

‘Stop calling her a LovePeddler. She is the Princess.’ Fredo fired back bravely.

‘She is a LovePeddler just like others. It is the throne I seek and if you dare speak again, I shall cut you again and again before I let you sleep, coward!’

‘He has the guts to call me a coward.’ Fredo thought. ‘But he is the coward; he cannot fight alone, he comes with his stupid killers.’ Fredo shook his head looking at Mathew who was cleaning his knife over and over.
‘I won’t die tonight.’ Fredo said to himself. ‘I’d rather fight than die.’

His thoughts settled on escape. There were two doors. The killer was standing by his right at the door closer to him while Mathew was pacing about the other door right opposite him although a little distance there was. What could he do? His mind reasoned so fast like the craft of his arms.

‘The killer can only kill if he gets hold of the prey. Run through the door of the one who is weak. The one who is weak. Do not ponder on what will happen next, just run.’

Fredo shot one....

Continue:
http://egbechofaith.com/devil-comes-visit-new-storyyourlibraryforreals/

(1) (Reply)

Audiobooks / "Oro's Victim" A Short Story By Tosan Tarre / Up To Something: A Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.