Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) (45563 Views)

Don Jazzy Walks Off Stage While Dbanj Was Dedicating Headies Awards To Him / Full List Of Winners At The 14th Headies Awards / Headies 2019 – Full List Of Winners Of 13th Headies Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by shegzy08: 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
Airforce1 nko

2 Likes

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Misterdhee1(m): 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2018
coluka:

I know, I picked it because it's a voting category and believe me bro all headies voting categories are just a popularity contest, so I went with the guy that has most number of fans in that category
You're right tho. That will probably be the same reason mayorkun will beat Maleekberry to the Next Rated award. Maleek had a terrific year

3 Likes

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Joelsblog(m): 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2018
coluka:
My Predictions

Best recording -- Joromi by Simi
Best Pop single -- If by Davido
Best Producer -- Kidominant
Best Reggae/ Dancehall -- Come closer by Wizkid
Best Rap Album -- The Playmaker by Phyno
Best Pop/ RnB Album -- STFOS by Wizkid
Best Music Video -- Malo by Tiwa Savage
Best RnB single -- Romeo and Juliet by Johnny drille
Best Collabo --- Malo by Tiwa Savage and Wizkid
Best Rap single -- You rappers should fix up ur lives MI
Best vocal performance(M) --Romeo&Juliet Johny drille
Best Vocal performance(F) -- Saro by Niniola
NextRated -- Mayorkun
HipHop World revelation -- Mr Eazi or Reekado(Not sure)
Lyricist in the roll -- You Rappers Fix up ur lives by MI
Best Street -- WO by olamide
Best Alternative song -- Romeo & Juliet by Johnny drille
Album of the Year -- STFOS by Wizkid
Artiste of the Year -- Davido
Song of the Year -- IF by Davido
African Artiste. -- Sarkodie
Viewers Choice -- IF by Davido
Best Performer -- Flavour
Rookie -- Perruzi or Kidi (I'm not sure of this one)

Did you just type all that? What a waste of strength and energy
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by kmaster007: 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2018
no b dis one say Ybnl and Mohit's go dey scatter ground again back to back
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by ZombiePUNISHER: 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2018
Joelsblog:

Did you just type all that? What a waste of strength and energy

People get time to waste sha
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Shakushaku1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 13, 2018
coluka:
My Predictions

Best recording -- Joromi by Simi
Best Pop single -- If by Davido
Best Producer -- Kidominant
Best Reggae/ Dancehall -- Come closer by Wizkid
Best Rap Album -- The Playmaker by Phyno
Best Pop/ RnB Album -- STFOS by Wizkid
Best Music Video -- Malo by Tiwa Savage
Best RnB single -- Romeo and Juliet by Johnny drille
Best Collabo --- Malo by Tiwa Savage and Wizkid
Best Rap single -- You rappers should fix up ur lives MI
Best vocal performance(M) --Romeo&Juliet Johny drille
Best Vocal performance(F) -- Saro by Niniola
NextRated -- Mayorkun
HipHop World revelation -- Mr Eazi or Reekado(Not sure)
Lyricist in the roll -- You Rappers Fix up ur lives by MI
Best Street -- WO by olamide
Best Alternative song -- Romeo & Juliet by Johnny drille
Album of the Year -- STFOS by Wizkid
Artiste of the Year -- Davido
Song of the Year -- IF by Davido
African Artiste. -- Sarkodie
Viewers Choice -- IF by Davido
Best Performer -- Flavour
Rookie -- Perruzi or Kidi (I'm not sure of this one)

Nice picks, but I think wiz will win the viewers choice category cos he sold more records online than the rest, buh everything still comes down to voting sha

2 Likes

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Shakushaku1(m): 4:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
Misterdhee1:

You're right tho. That will probably be the same reason mayorkun will beat Maleekberry to the Next Rated award. Maleek had a terrific year

As in the guy is a worker, he's got this whole music thing embedded in him, buh trust me, his UK fans got him any day, he's probably more popular there than here in naija sef, I wish he wins, dude don pay his dues

3 Likes

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
Teni for rookie of the year. Glad to see Aramide nominated, girl has been underated for far too long.
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Shakushaku1(m): 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
Misterdhee1:

STFO was a flop back to back. It wont win the album of the year

Of cos it will and the album wasnt a flop

2 Likes

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
OYA E FUN WON LEGBEGBE 3X
FUN WON JE BI SEUN EGBEGBE..
DAT CATEGORY NO NID CONTEST...
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by enemmo(f): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
dayenneempire:
Teni for rookie of the year. Glad to see Aramide nominated, girl has been underated for far too long.

Aramide has won the headies before,I think

1 Like

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Dindondin(m): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
Legbegbe is a award. Shepeteri is a nominee. Shakushaku is a dance. I m hungry. Looking for Seun. Seun, wa ra Pizza ati Rothmans fun mi!
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by eulogy: 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
So Headies don finally get sense. Erigga all d way, that's the real king of the streets!
Ma Warri peeps why dem no nominate Efe na? Hope say dat him Warri song no b bad luck o.
Nasty C must win o.
Best performer without Harry Songs?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
enemmo:

Aramide has won the headies before,I think
Just once. She's very underated.
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Sannidanger: 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2018
I'm available should be best video of the year without no question
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by mexxmoney: 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
Sannidanger:
I'm available should be best video of the year without no question
Oga I'm available wasn't even nominated for best video, you no get eyes?
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Ojemedad: 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2018
I can see Errigha first nomitions, kudos to one of the king of raps

3 Likes

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by martineverest(m): 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2018
how can an artiste make two nominations in one category?.... cluelessness at its peak
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Larryslim(m): 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
JasonScolari:
I will love to see my brother from Delta state Erigga win... That dude is so funny grin

I see Davido claiming even the Head of the Headies organizer. He is the man of the year.

Good looking out to Johnny Drille and Niniola.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2018

2 Likes

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Binchim(m): 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
[quote author=kurajordan post=66681122]I hope Erigga wins an Headies [/quot

I honestly wish, cus' in that rap category sef na only him dey rap, the rest are not consistent, small rap then the rest na singing. It's indeed a shame to our rap industry.

3 Likes

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2018
lostluggage:
cheesy cheesy
grin grin
cheesy cheesy
grin grin

You must be wondering why i am shining teeth
Well, my Gee Erigga New Money got two Nominations grin grin
Man has been putting in work for long.

A Trip to the South, You no need Visa
King of the south to your door, like Domino Pizza
The Way My Rap Deep, i dey fear make you no drown
Wont stop till my money long pass devil gown

A trip to the south EP
use your eyes listen
and mouth look better talent the industry is missing

rappers dey fear, dem no believe say i go blow one day
heart dey beat anyhow like who follow one way
if na beef you dey find i shade am like suya
salamaleku my kala dey reply booYaa!!

tie your producer up
use eim number text you
say better beat dey
you come studio we mess you

na me na own the throne
you just dey stone the throne
na street carry am give me i no fit bone the throne

my teacher tell me say nah army gun go shoot me die
but instead nah clearance dey shoot me guy

the day anonymous call me i dey jungle dey smoke
sign contract i never start industry don dey smoke

i don big pass who dey write na straight from my head
commot your leg for wire warri say abegggg

Erigga-Industry Nite

If you lover erigga hit the like button jare

May God bless you anyhow my brother. I just love Erigga.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by reflx(m): 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
best Performer and Davido is not there
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 13, 2018
okay.... cool.. smiley
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by ehardetola(m): 4:54pm On Apr 13, 2018
So Headies didn't recognize any Efe songs, warriiiii... their father!!

1 Like

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Ojemedad: 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2018
lostluggage:
cheesy cheesy
grin grin
cheesy cheesy
grin grin

You must be wondering why i am shining teeth
Well, my Gee Erigga New Money got two Nominations grin grin
Man has been putting in work for long.

A Trip to the South, You no need Visa
King of the south to your door, like Domino Pizza
The Way My Rap Deep, i dey fear make you no drown
Wont stop till my money long pass devil gown

A trip to the south EP
use your eyes listen
and mouth look better talent the industry is missing

rappers dey fear, dem no believe say i go blow one day
heart dey beat anyhow like who follow one way
if na beef you dey find i shade am like suya
salamaleku my kala dey reply booYaa!!

tie your producer up
use eim number text you
say better beat dey
you come studio we mess you

na me na own the throne
you just dey stone the throne
na street carry am give me i no fit bone the throne

my teacher tell me say nah army gun go shoot me die
but instead nah clearance dey shoot me guy

the day anonymous call me i dey jungle dey smoke
sign contract i never start industry don dey smoke

i don big pass who dey write na straight from my head
commot your leg for wire warri say abegggg

Erigga-Industry Nite

If you lover erigga hit the like button jare

Erriga is one bad lyricist and devilish rapper, the guy is so fucking good but because he is not Yoruba or Ibo his songs don't get played on air

6 Likes

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by latexxbro(m): 5:00pm On Apr 13, 2018
I still don't get how people rate IF and FALL by davido to be better than MAD OVER YOU by runtown....Guys MAD OVER YOU should claim all award in the category it falls in....Song of the year...etc....Forget sentiments.

5 Likes

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Onyeedum(m): 5:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
So my guy drop album since and nobody tell me TRIP TO THE SOUTH – ERIGGA

2 Likes

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by ikorodureporta: 5:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
I remember thoz days of HipHop World Magazine smiley
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by enemmo(f): 5:29pm On Apr 13, 2018
dayenneempire:

Just once. She's very underated.

Once is fair in my opinion. There are many alternative artistes who may not get such recognition.

One thing I like about the headies is their non voting categories therefore awards sometimes go to not necessary the most popular eg Niyola, Waje, Timi Dakolo etc.

2 Likes

Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by Somebodydaddy01: 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
Where is efe?
Re: The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees) by agadez007(m): 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
Rara by tekno is a good song,the beat, the content of the song,I didn't expect such a song from Alhaji Tekno

In my humble opinion the song should be there

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

There Exist Female Rappers In Arewa (Photos) / Top 10 Nigerian Songs 2017: Top 30 Most Popular Music In Naija / 100+ Songs To Download From 360nobs.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.