Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Who Will Save Some Nigerians From Intellectual Laziness? - Femi Adesina - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Save Some Nigerians From Intellectual Laziness? - Femi Adesina (36933 Views)

Femi Adesina: The Dream I Had About Abba Kyari And My Last Contact With Him / President Buhari's Comments,a Crooked Media And Intellectual Laziness. / Who Will Deliver Some Nigerians From Intellectual Laziness....femi Adesina Fires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Save Some Nigerians From Intellectual Laziness? - Femi Adesina by olusogo: 8:47am On Apr 15, 2018
KingOfAmebo:
I have never heard of a serving minister in any part of the world that will keep insulting the people that voted him to power while the government he works for fail to call him to order, We need to remind him we pay him with our money, we dont work for him we employed him to work for us. His latest insult out of series of shameful words that come out of his unguarded lips is when he called his fellow Nigerians Intellectual Lazy amongs other insults:

http://www.theguildng.com/who-will-save-some-nigerians-from-intellectual-laziness/

Is there any reason why this shameless man shouldn't be stonned in public to remind him that he is no better than we the "intellectualy lazy" people that employed him?

This government should stop pushing us to the wall and stop taking our silence for weakness... they should be reminded that we the people can make this government totally ungovernable and shut it down if we take to the streets to vent our anger.
Majority of those who continue to insult PMB can not be left unattended to. They are mischief makers. No amount of canvassing can stop them so they need to taste from what they cook. Their votes are not needed.
Re: Who Will Save Some Nigerians From Intellectual Laziness? - Femi Adesina by guesswhoo: 9:51am On Apr 15, 2018
maasoap:

1. No attack can occur unprovoked. We just need to address the primary cause of attacks and retaliatory attacks.
2. Not majority but some are criminal elements.
To sane minds, yes, they won't attack without provocation. But I'm telling you, a bloodthirsty Fulani herdsman will kill you in the bush if he sees that you're alone (or may be, rebuking a Fulani for grazing his herds in farm is provocation to you)
Someone was attacked on my cashew farm three years ago by the usual suspects (may be you can try and paint a picture of how the herdsman was provoked). Thank God the person could defend himself.
As farmers were being attacked on daily basis, robbery was the order of the day on the road. Things got so bad we had todo something drastic.
The Fulani bororos (the nomadic ones) are stuck in the stone age. They refused to embrace education and they breed like rats. What do you think happens to a population of uneducated youths (mind you, most of the young ones don't have cattle as you may think and are just like caregivers )? They turn to crime.
May be you've not noticed the main reason why governments spend huge on education. It's not so much because they want you to do well in life, as because they see it as a security measure (we call it external benefits in economics). An enlightened population is more unlikely to turn to crime right?
What do you say about a horde of uneducated, stone age minded individuals without or with inadequate means of livelihood?
And before you tag me a Fulani hater, my fiancee is of Fulani stock, I speak their language (not Hausa) I fluently, and I'm closer to them than you'll ever be, except you're one.
Re: Who Will Save Some Nigerians From Intellectual Laziness? - Femi Adesina by antyokya: 10:58am On Apr 15, 2018
nazzyon:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1798263330468801&id=1452287068399764

I can't understand either you or PMB. Was it not this same man that was encouraging Benue people to accommodate the herdsmen? So Benue should accommodate killers trained and armed by Gaddafi in Nigeria at their lives' expense? Must you people defend Buhari? What sort of country is this? Playing politics with everything?
Re: Who Will Save Some Nigerians From Intellectual Laziness? - Femi Adesina by maasoap(m): 1:47pm On Apr 15, 2018
guesswhoo:

To sane minds, yes, they won't attack without provocation. But I'm telling you, a bloodthirsty Fulani herdsman will kill you in the bush if he sees that you're alone (or may be, rebuking a Fulani for grazing his herds in farm is provocation to you)
Someone was attacked on my cashew farm three years ago by the usual suspects (may be you can try and paint a picture of how the herdsman was provoked). Thank God the person could defend himself.
As farmers were being attacked on daily basis, robbery was the order of the day on the road. Things got so bad we had todo something drastic.
The Fulani bororos (the nomadic ones) are stuck in the stone age. They refused to embrace education and they breed like rats. What do you think happens to a population of uneducated youths (mind you, most of the young ones don't have cattle as you may think and are just like caregivers )? They turn to crime.
May be you've not noticed the main reason why governments spend huge on education. It's not so much because they want you to do well in life, as because they see it as a security measure (we call it external benefits in economics). An enlightened population is more unlikely to turn to crime right?
What do you say about a horde of uneducated, stone age minded individuals without or with inadequate means of livelihood?
And before you tag me a Fulani hater, my fiancee is of Fulani stock, I speak their language (not Hausa) I fluently, and I'm closer to them than you'll ever be, except you're one.

That part got me laughing, error of assumption. Nice perspective up there though.
Re: Who Will Save Some Nigerians From Intellectual Laziness? - Femi Adesina by stevedre: 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
Cromcruach91:
You know, back in 2012...when Ghaddafi had fallen, oe reporter for Sky News went for a ride with some rebels who had kicked out Ghaddafi...and they stopped by an ammo dump...where there were weapons and explosives lying all over the place , some in their packaging. The same reporter saw a truck filled with unidentifed people drive in, pick up a batch fo weapons, and drive out.

And the weapons got dispersed everywhere..

You know, I agree with Bubu this time. The Libyan debacle has created a crisis of huge proportions all over the Western African region...as Ghaddafi bought weapons, and troops from his foreign legion have been dispersed everywhere...with the result that there is a crisis. And that includes the Boko and the Fulanis who are benefiting from the thing.(Compared to some other countries, we have been lucky. Mali literally broke down).

All because some Western powers, out of 'good intentions' liberated Libya from Ghaddafi (One problem with Mid-Eastern dictators, they are bad guys, but they also act as a valve on some pressure points. Remove the valve, and crisis results. See Iraq).

The problem with the critics of Buhari is simple...and let me also point out that it was the same issue with GEJ critics, and many critics past...the point of criticisim is to make the object of their criticism look bad...and not to offer constructive critiques. Some time ago, some people bashed GEJ for not providing water to his village...forgetting there was a LG chairman and a State governor whose job it is to do the providing.

Same thing with Bubu. He has made a good analysis of the issue...and in the process highlited why GEJ found it dificult to deal with Boko (even though back then he did not admit it...see my point). We are up against an enenmy benefiting from advanced weaponry and tactics. And we are fighting a war that isn't at all conventional. Like this herdsmen fight...where is the frontline? Where is the defined territory? Same to some extrent with Boko.

Now..what I expect Bubu to do is to strenghten the Nigerian Army's unconventional warfare fighting capability. Like the NPF did over 20 years ago by setting up SARS....though that good vision has been messed up.

You have written well, this is fact but I wonder why Buhari coupled with his military experience lacks such wisdom and what baffles me the most is that Bokoharam was considered worthy of amnesty by the FG.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Timipre Sylva And Governor Wike Laughing, Shaking Each Other (Caption Photo) / Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries / Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.