Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,191 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions (43444 Views)

Unknown Woman Disappears With 6-Year-Old Girl In Benue School (Photo) / Bitcoin Company Runs Away With Investors $32 Million / Rescued Suicidal Youth Disappears With Helper's Tricycle And Money (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Hibiscuss(m): 6:20am On Apr 14, 2018
shocked
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by evy1(m): 6:20am On Apr 14, 2018
somehow:
So a company that has just opened shop less than 2 months ago is what these fools of a citizen put "millions" into?

Liars.... Those claiming they put #2.5m or #5m are outright liars!

He who's looking for awoof will meet their financial waterloo
Baba I saw someone receipt 1.2 million o,calabar is where I stay and people fainted yesterday.
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 14, 2018
I warned you, Ifeanyi. But your greed made you deaf. Now you'll have to start life all over again. It's a pity but it is what it is.
When you chop the first one e sweet you but you bno know say na trap.
Dibe nna.

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by DTeekay(m): 6:20am On Apr 14, 2018
Nigerians don't want to be patient when investing, true investment takes time to grow, I work as a financial advisor and some of the feedback I get when I introduce a profitable but slow growing investment to people is appalling, little wonder why they fall victim to fraudsters. My dear if you want to invest your money safely and profitably walk into either ARM office, Stanbic IBTC, Mansard or Ensure Nigeria PLC.

9 Likes

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by ferdoplay123: 6:22am On Apr 14, 2018
I never knew that the spirit of Mavrodi of MMM is still roaming around Calabar all this while...please shine your eyes

3 Likes

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Heavyweight: 6:23am On Apr 14, 2018
It is real and many benefited from the 30% profit.It is was a big shock that many are yet to believe.
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by exlinkleads(f): 6:23am On Apr 14, 2018
Bitcoin is latest mmm

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by kennypedia(m): 6:23am On Apr 14, 2018
Nigerians always have been abusing technology. Common trust some people cannot keep so pathetic. But some Nigerians are greedy sha
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Warripikin08(m): 6:25am On Apr 14, 2018
This is not a bitcoin scheme rather its a ponzi scheme disguised as bitcoin scheme. I hate ponzi scheme they are good at dashing people's Hope to the ground. We dey complain about Wetin Mavrodi use Nigerian eyes still other Nigerians dey device means to scam their fellow country man wet dey suffer. Black man being wicked to his fellow black man. After those fool na first dey shout say white man dey loot black's.

3 Likes

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:26am On Apr 14, 2018
Corporate yahoozee

5 Likes

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by olylove: 6:29am On Apr 14, 2018
Bitcoin is a digital currency, just like naira and dollars. But the thing is they went to the wrong Aboki to change thr money

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by somehow: 6:30am On Apr 14, 2018
Gullible people everywhere.

Any biz or investment that promises more than 5% per week or max of 20% per month is nothing but a sham!
evy1:
Baba I saw someone receipt 1.2 million o,calabar is where I stay and people fainted yesterday.
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by emmanuel1880(m): 6:31am On Apr 14, 2018
which kind bitcon, forget joo is fruster jare

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Warripikin08(m): 6:33am On Apr 14, 2018
DTeekay:
Nigerians don't want to be patient when investing, true investment takes time to grow, I work as a financial advisor and some of the feedback I get when I introduce a profitable but slow growing investment to people is appalling, little wonder why they fall victim to fraudsters. My dear if you want to invest your money safely and profitably walk into either ARM office, Stanbic IBTC, Mansard or Ensure Nigeria PLC.

Nor b lie sir. True investment takes time to grow. Please sir can you throw more light on it.

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by shehuaz: 6:33am On Apr 14, 2018
[quote author=sophsia62 post=66693847]A Bitcoin company in Calabar has disappeared into thin air with millions of Naira of customer’s money. As early as 8am yesterday, customers besieged the company’s office on Bassey Duke only to discover that the company had closed shop and vanished with their money.

Several phone calls were made by the customers but no response from the company officials that started operations about two months ago, collecting money from customers and giving them a whooping 30 per cent extra after seven days online trading.

As at yesterday, over 1000 people who were expecting their monies, broke into the offices and carted away any item they could lay their hands on as little compensation for their investment.
The entire premises of the company that occupied few rooms in the Bassey Duke shopping mall was taken over by frustrated customers and one of them who gave his name as Ifeanyi said, “This is things fall apart. I put in over N2.5million and now everything is gone.”
Another customer, who cried profusely, claiming he put in N5 million said, “I saw people collecting 30 per cent interest after one week that is why I also put in money. A huge part of the money I put in was even borrowed”.
Some National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members also invested and one of them said she put in N1.5 million and it was all her money in the world.
Another corper who put in N150, 000, said, “That money was all the money I saved in this my service year. This is painful, I thought I could do ‘business’ and help myself and my poor family”
It was gathered that thousands of people invested in the scheme, as someone told The Guardian, “The crowd you are seeing today are just a few that have come to get their money. They made millions and disappeared with our money. I don’t know why we would never learn. MMM and the likes that promises quick profit have duped us in the past, yet we keep falling for them, including me. I put in N500, 000 into this one and now see my money has gone down the drain.”
The situation caused an atmosphere of pandemonium and some soldiers who arrived in the afternoon fired several shots in the air to disperse the people but they kept coming.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/04/bitcoin-company-shocks-customers.html[
I Wonder why we people leave behind our intelligent and blame ourselves when things went wrong. how comes does you put your money to attract a 30% of it in just a week. is it justifiable even in your thought. let us be wise.
seven years back a similar company went away with millions of naira of their customers in some northern states, of which the victims were mainly Igbo's.
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Exciton(m): 6:33am On Apr 14, 2018
Hahaha. Nigerians fall for the same kinda re-packaged ponzi scam over and over and over. The idiöts always say the same thing: it's the real thing cos some guys got paid. That's the con you bloody idiots!

Next few months, another story will surface. Land of morøns! No wonder politicians fvck us over everytime.

3 Likes

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Lexusgs430: 6:35am On Apr 14, 2018
MMM part 11 ......
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by kense88: 6:39am On Apr 14, 2018
Pavore9:
Nigerians will never learn.
They are looking for the easy way out. The only way out is to wage serious war against government at all levels. Revolution is the answer.
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Stanleyafam(m): 6:43am On Apr 14, 2018
Mumu people, they won't study to know what cryptocurrency is and how best to invest in it..

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Niyi9002(m): 6:43am On Apr 14, 2018
People should come and invest in my affiliate company{AIICO insurance} and stop putting money in ponzi schemes. It takes years but you will get good returns for your money and there is no loss cos the company bears the risk.
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Sterope(f): 6:44am On Apr 14, 2018
Serves them right!
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by best827(m): 6:45am On Apr 14, 2018
what is the URL of their website ??
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by sweetilicious(f): 6:46am On Apr 14, 2018
Pavore9:
Thank God i was adamant when someone tried persuading me.
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by jaymichael(m): 6:48am On Apr 14, 2018
Pavore9:
Among those VICTIMS you will have those that will have been bleating 'Buhari is a dullard' "PMB is fool" "Baba is clueless" etc etc.

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Abudu2000(m): 6:50am On Apr 14, 2018
BTC is not the problem. Infact I see BTC as the biggest invention since electricity. Just like money, it was intended to be a form of currency, not an investment. U use it as a form of exchange for business not the business itself!! I lost over 3.5m in BTC but that never stopped me from using..the traders are the real issues not BTC.....

So the BTC isn't post, the traders are...they probably tot BTC won't come up again since it lost a lot of Value this past week but I just got an alert a few minutes ago that it's coming up again. It's all about patience tho but don't put in what will hurt u when lost..

3 Likes

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by danielous(m): 6:52am On Apr 14, 2018
ferdoplay123:
Are you sure it's not Ponzi scheme because Bitcoins is still existing and getting stronger...please don't be deceive
Dont mind the op jare, he meant to type TBC -The Billion Coin. He should find out properly because Bitcoin is a gradual process and does not deal with any 30% increase.. Shioor.
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by kmaster007: 6:53am On Apr 14, 2018
mmm vibes
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Abudu2000(m): 6:53am On Apr 14, 2018
Niyi9002:
People should come and invest in my affiliate company{AIICO insurance} and stop putting money in ponzi schemes. It takes years but you will get good returns for your money and there is no loss cos the company bears the risk.
lol, honest...how Ur wife
Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by stevo123(m): 6:54am On Apr 14, 2018
Nigeria when are we going to learn? That is why our leaders are using us d way dey like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions by Eaugusta(f): 6:54am On Apr 14, 2018
tkpoint2:
Can anyone advise on Gold Swiss?
If it is Swiss Golden please don't do because it is ponzi. You have to fill some certain tables before you earn which you may not be able to fill

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Here's How You Can Retrieve Your Money After Being Duped By Online Fraudsters / Mother Pours Petrol On 10-year-old Daughter, Sets Her Ablaze In Ogun (pic) / Yahoo Girl Bags 8-Month Jail Sentence (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.