Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) (12688 Views)

New Story Alert: The Rivalry Of Light And Darkness: A Market's Tale / “The Darkness Around A Rope” By Gentle Eyisi / HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by GooseBump: 4:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
"Paul!" She said with a false air of surprise. She did her best to hide her glee at seeing him beneath her on the ground. "I am sorry, you were so right, these strange men kidnapped me," She added with a pitiful expression as she shifted away from him, "I do not know what came over me when I ran from your 'protection.'" The words that escaped her mouth sickened her, but they were necessary. They lured him into a false sense of security, and she needed to lower his defenses. He got up with a victorious snarl. "My dear Aly," He purred as he approached her. His tongue moistened his lips. "to think all I needed to do to get you to listen was to have strange men abduct you." She nodded with another step backward, "I am helpless without you." Despite her aversion to Paul Baellnar's words remained in her mind. Your feet are the guideline for your strike, make yourself a small target by facing sideways, but at least one foot should always be angled at your target. He chuckled, "enough of this game." Paul stepped toward her again, "You are the only one that does not know your value, and it is delicious. You are mine; you will always be mine." His eyes were hungry his hands twitched in anticipation. Alyenna began to lose control of her facade. Fury from years of oppression threatened to break through her theatrical wall. She had spent too many with Paul after he took her away from home her junior year. It had felt like a decade of mental and physical torture with no end in sight. Not until Baellnar and Aagi had freed her from that prison. How could she look at her warden and not strike? Baellnar's words again slipped into her mind. Defend only when needed, do not risk injury unless it is your last resort. She shook her head ignoring his words. This was different. She could do this; she could kill Paul. She felt a familiar growl deep in her soul. I do not belong to you. She felt her muscles coil. She forced her words to show the fear she needed him to hear. Just a little more, she thought still sidestepping his advances. "Paul you are so right you were the only one who was there for me when my family passed." Paul flicked his hand and in that gesture tore her sword from her grip. Regret filled her as she watched it land in the mud of the river bank. Idiot, you should have known there was more to this if he was here. Now there was nothing here to save her. So she continued to avoid him and play the part of the victim that he cherished so much. He fed off it like a leach. Sucking her dry while becoming crueler and stronger. Paul stepped closer to her. His face uncomfortably close to her own "I have a secret of my own Aly. Remember that 'family' who raised you? I was also there when they died." He towered over her using his size to intimidate her. His cruel smile sickened her to her core. The growl of fury crescendoed. She felt fire course through her veins. Alyenna's vision magnified, she could even see the delicate details of the frantic sprites. Their terrified expressions fueled the protective hunger that controlled Aly's transformation. Even the forest reacted to her wrath, as every animal from birds to wolves added their voices to the new cacophony. I dare you to say it you inglorious bastard! Aly lost all self- control. She imagined the power of a tiger as she ripped Paul's throat from his body. Alyenna felt hungry ferocity overpower her. She wanted it. She needed it. She would kill him. "Oh, Aly does not act so surprised." Paul purred, "you are a bright little girl. I know that you suspected me. Oh not at first, no, you were too overwhelmed with your grief. I saw your resentment in time Aly, and it was delicious to know you that you needed me so badly that you would never ask." He grabbed her. He had moved so fast she never saw it coming. He was a blur. "I did not have much magic in that world, but I had enough to pop the tire on that tanker truck." He threw his head back and laughed, a sound that in the past had terrified her. Now, Alyenna shook with vengeful fury, and clenched her hands into fists, in a vain attempt to hide her ire. Still unable to break his grip she bared her teeth at him and growled. Paul twisted her arm behind her, and he gestured toward the river forcing the sprites to act out the scene. Their bell sounds now high-pitched and painful. "You should have seen it! It was glorious watching their car go up in flames. Their screams. Oh, little mouse what cowards they were!" His face leaned in close to her she could feel his breath as he whispered into her ear. "Then watching your dad try to crawl from the car" he paused his lips made a sickening sound as his tongue tapped them rhythmically between each word. "he made it you know. I had to fix that." He paused pulling away enough to watch her expression. "Then all I had to do was convince your school I was some 'long lost' relative. His body pressed against hers. Good news Aly I am not, and you are quite a tasty little treat." To emphasize the story, one of the sprites fell dead into the river and sank below the ripples. Aly lost all control. The roar that had been rumbling deep inside her now came out and shook the forest around her. Her body began to transform. Claws erupted from her fingers a predatory instinct took hold of her mind. Fur began to form she nearly doubled in size. The metamorphosis charged by the fury that was coursing through her veins, as her body transformed alarm spread across Paul's face. He jumped away from her unable to maintain his grip on her now enormous foreleg. Her heightened vision delighted her. Her orange and black striped body rumbled with delight as she saw Paul sweat and cower in fear. Her claws sunk into the ground, her shoulders hunched, her tail twitching. Another ferocious growl sounded low in her throat that shook the ground. Her teeth bared menacingly at her tormentor. Birds began to dart at Paul from every direction, and he scrambled to his feet. He launched himself away from at an inhuman speed. Loving the feeling of power sweeping through her body she began to chase him. Her tiger form easily covered the forest ground beneath her. Despite Paul's inhuman speed she continued to gain on him. She was only a couple feet from him. He turned to her and screamed and threw some a smoke grenade and then vanished. Her new body ground to a halt and sniffed the spot of his disappearance. Her tail twitching in anger at his disappearance. She covered the surrounding area to catch his scent, but there was nothing. She began to feel her fury fade. The predatory mind releasing its hold on her. Fur began disappearing from her arms, her claws softening and becoming fingertips again, her tail contracting into her body. As the last bit of her animal form faded, she slunk down to the ground in exhaustion. She lacked the strength to keep her eyes open. She felt hands lift her delicately off the ground. She pressed against a hard body that smelled of lavender. She nuzzled into the smell feeling safe opening her eyes just enough to see Baellnar's sapphire eyes and silver hair. Reassured of her safety, she fell asleep in his arms and let him carry her back to the inn.
*** thank you for reading! Please comment if you enjoyed it!***

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by AceRoyal: 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
Good job Op, Pls keep em coming.....
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by itsandi(m): 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by SokizzRaven(m): 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
This is so epic, just like a movie. Well done sirs
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2018
CalciumB3:
Bimberry1907 Sirblero Elajrita Saraphina Talk2saintify

cc: queenitee, adesina12, oly23, samyfreshsmooth,
angelinastto, dtobs, yewandequeen, yungtemy, dannybomb,
boffinjay, rachealfst, chizzymaris, dasilver20, michelle55,
olatex25, ladiesboo, ritababe, obimgbo, njokunonsochukwu,
eniqurl, cherrybrown, citas, melekan, hormobolanle,
jagugu88li, nastynic, switup, oladapxon, pinkycute, roladiva,
tohpahz, jeesprecy, skillful01, uniqueogo, xolocious,
kajsa08, bumbae1, pepperoni55, alamiendagash,
missperfect28, lovelygurl.
tnx fr d invitation
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
To those that banned me, thank you!! Guess what? I am better than before and I'll tell you to watch out
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2018
"Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren't always comfortable, but they are never weakness."-- Brene Brown

What a weird dream, Aly thought as sleep slipped away from her. She slowly opened her eyes which revealed a scene that was almost as confusing as the dream itself. Her two companions were standing in the corner of the room. Their faces were hunched close together, and surreptitious whispers escaped their mouths. Their tone was anxious, and their eyes filled with fear. She allowed the blissful well rested feeling hold her close for a little bit longer before she dove into the serious nature of whatever situation they were discussing. That was the best night of sleep she had had in a while. Alyenna sat up and stretched, extending her fingers and toes to their furthest possible point, and enjoyed the lavish feeling of the movement. She crossed her legs and waited patiently for the two men to realize she was awake. During the several minutes, it took for them to break their very private conversation, she pondered how and when she had gotten into bed. She did not remember coming back last night all she remembered was—. Her thought was cut off by a gruff voice. "Oi lassie yur awake!"Aagi announced to the room abruptly halting his conversation with Baellnar. Baellnar looked at her thoughtfully for a minute then turned away and began packing their things. His back remained to her almost as if he was refusing to make eye contact. "Indeed." She stretched out the word eyeing them both with ardent suspicion. When neither of them reacted to her non-verbal question, she shrugged and started to get out of bed. She froze when she took a gander at what she was wearing. It was her clothes, but it was not what she was wearing yesterday. The concern that had been growing inside her caused by their whispered conversation suddenly spread through her body in wild alarm. Images from her incredibly lucid 'dream' rapidly started playing in her mind. In a strangled tone she looked at her comrades and with pleading eyes and a rattled tone she asked her friends "what ... what happened last night?" "Turns out lassie we've, um been teaching ya ta use da wrong type o' weaponry." He said impishly. Baellnar ignored Aagi's remark and changed the course of their conversation down a darker path. "Aly tell us about Paul." She stared from one companion to another for a very long time. Finally sighing in acceptance, she said"It wasn't a dream then? ... He's here isn't he?" "No Aly it was not a dream. We need to know who he is." Baellnar spoke with unusual vehemence for his gentle voice. Defensively Aly loudly replied. "Well, he's an asshole what more is there?" Deeply uncomfortable with him bringing up such an insipid part of her life. Reminding her that the most nefarious man she ever had met, who she had happily accepted was in another world in another dimension could be right outside her door. "Aly we need to know the whole story how do you know Paul." His icy stare sent shivers through her body. "He's my Uncle." Then remembering Paul's words from the night before "well at least I thought he was my Uncle. Besides you told me you were watching me what more do you need to know." "We had limited access to viewing you and him. Your home with him was shielded, with the help of Scelestra's magic, from our view. The only time we could see you was when you ventured outside. How long were you in his care?" Baellnar's question pushed deep into a world she did not want to remember, and the nature of his tone unnerved her.
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 5:19pm On Apr 28, 2018
She was quiet for a while trying to remember. Finally she said almost in a whisper. "I," Alyenna hesitated, "do not know," She felt her face scrunch up with the effort of the thought. Her heart raced as her mind raced over her memories in rapid succession. Paul never kept a calendar, never gave her a phone, and after a while, she stopped asking for the date or even the year. Her concentration kept her eyes on the floorboards, "Aly," he soothed, "Please it is important." She continued to stare at the floor. "I forgot about even the concept of time. When I was trapped, the simple things no longer mattered. My life was about surviving until I could figure out how to escape." "Alyenna how long?" She felt the air in the room push her chin up from the floor. She obliged and looked at Baellnar. Tears threatened to explode onto her cheeks, "I don't know!" Paul never kept a calendar, never let her go out, never really gave her a means of keeping track of time, and he did not celebrate birthdays. They did not have TV or cellphones. He claimed it was for 'financial reasons.' All of the days, the weeks, even the potential years with Paul blended together in one horrible blur of tyranny and abuse. Alyenna was overwhelmed by the concept of not even knowing her age, and having her tormentor follow her to this unknown land. Her resolve failed her, she pulled her knees tight to her chest and wept as she rocked back and forth. Aagi jumped onto the bed next to her and rested an arm around Aly's trembling shoulders. He glared up at Baellnar. "Enough, She can answer the rest when she's ready." Then his words disappeared in a slew of grumbling and spitting in dwarven. A language which Alyenna had limited understanding of, and given who she was learning it from all she understood was 'obnoxious prick' and something else that involved lewd acts with farm animals. It took several minutes, but she gathered her emotions up in a tidy bundle and put them back in the lockbox where they belonged. She gulped in her last wave of tears and looked at Baellnar with a wordless plea in her eyes for the Inquisition to stop for today. Frustrated he turned away from her and continued on his previous task of packing. It was Aagi's turn to ask for information. He was much gentler in his task of coaxing it out of her. He started with pleasant things like her parents. He inquired about her first memory of her family and how long she was with them. The questions filled Alyenna with pleasant memories. Then, he slowly worked on getting her to talk about Paul. Aly could not look at her friends as she told her story which included Paul's confession about their murder. She talked about how gentle and kind Paul was at first showering her with gifts and affection. How he would spend real quality time with her. He encouraged her to keep up with her favorite hobbies like reading, puzzles, and he would even go running with her. Then slowly these precious times they spent together grew cold. Aly shakily relayed the rest of the story. " He started with small insults first. Nothing major. He would poke at how my hair looked, or if I had put on a little weight, or correct my posture telling me I looked like a hunchback and that no man wants a hunchback. He slowly stole my confidence from me piece by piece. Towards the end he had me convinced of his world. A world in which 'No one will love you Aly.' 'No one will care for you as much as I do.' 'I am the only one who will understand you.'" Even the mental escape of a morning jog took a nasty turn. He would never let me run alone. Then instead of joining me and laughing with me as he raced he would follow me in a van taunting me, but it all happened so gradually I did not know to stop it, and when I did I was too weak to fight back until I finally snapped the day you 'kidnapped me.'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by emperorblog(m): 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
READ COOL,AND INTERESTING STORY HERE
www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by MidasTouche01(m): 9:26am On Apr 29, 2018
Nice work man, please let the updates be more frequent and longer...
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
MidasTouche01:
Nice work man, please let the updates be more frequent and longer...
thanks

1 Like

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2018
It was years after he had stripped me of my friends, my family, and my confidence that he started to hit me. It was rare at first, but as time wore on the incidents, it became more and more frequent. She tore her eyes away from them, and the 'gifts' he purchased after became fewer and farther between. One time he even let his friends have a go at me as their punching bag. They were heavily intoxicated and knocked me around the room." As she told her story, she could see hatred rising in the hearts of both of her friends. At one point. Aagi's eyes were fighting between showing absolute fury and compassion. He squeezed her shoulder reassuringly not saying a word. Baellnar slowly got up from his corner of the room. He walked closer to her leaning on a wall nearby listening intently. His sapphire eyes were glowing with anger. His fury caused the curtains in the room to whip and tear in the torrential wind. Small knick-knacks in the room that crashed to the ground. The wind continued to tear the room apart until the fire from the hearth was caught up in its fury. "Relax!" Aagi roared, and with his words, fire in the room was extinguished with a powerful gust of air. Alyenna unable to stop the words of her story as they had taken on a life of her own continued. It was like a dam had broken, and she had no choice but to let the words flow no matter the destruction they caused. So she looked away from her friends and continued. She did her best to try to minimize the pain in her voice and reassure her friends. After all, that life was behind her now. "It was just that one night though." She said forcing a smile. "I do not remember what happened after they started hitting me and grabbing at my clothes. I blacked out from fear. I woke up the next day with only a couple bruises and the house was a wreck. There was broken glass, torn apart furniture. I think I even remember what could have been claw and scorch marks. Paul said it was just part of the fight. It was after that night that Paul gave me a necklace he insisted I wear it. He announced I needed to show so how much I appreciated his 'love and care '. I was not even allowed to take it off to sleep. The pendant always felt like ice." Baellnar cut her off abruptly. "Aly, can you describe the pendant? Do not leave anything out." She looked at the ethereal elf with his hair whipping about in the wind of their closed off room. His sapphire eyes were still glowing the anger. He was terrifying to behold. He almost looked demonic. A vision that made her scramble for a description and stumbles over her words. "It was some sort of stone." She paused and closed her eyes in an attempt to picture the pendant, "I think it was jade" She paused again, "no it was more of a smooth multitoned crystal, embedded in a beautiful silver casing that resembled a great tree. It's roots wrapped around the stone in the center lovingly. There were also markings on the back and two elaborate runes. Paul said the runes meant 'beautiful soul' in Gaelic. He claimed it was expensive and that I should appreciate how much he had spent on such a special gift, that I had to treasure it always. He never failed to remind me how much the pendant was whenever I got out of line. Paul told me many times about the fight that night. That he no longer had friends because he had to protect me. That they tried to take advantage of me and he fought to preserve my precious dignity." Saying this made her shiver with disgust as she remembered his overt fascination with her dignity last night, taking a deep breath she continued." That he protected me from them and in his efforts to defend me he had torn the house apart. On the last day I spent in that prison, while he was sleeping off a bottle of bourbon, I threw it the dishwasher disposal and turned it on destroying it. The sound woke him up. That was why he had been angry with me, and that was when I had finally had enough." her story ended with a poignant silence. She stared wistfully out the window. Avoiding all eye contact with her friends.
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 12:25pm On Apr 29, 2018
Baellnar's glowing eyes softened to their more appealing glistening sapphire. His soothing velvet voice sunk into her soul. "How long have you been able to shapeshift Aly?" Alyenna felt utter shock course through her veins and confusion run rampant through her mind. She looked up at him and just stared. He eyebrow raised she waited for an explanation. "Last night Aly I thought I was running to your rescue. It was the wind who whispered to me." His eyes softened at the thought, "When the wind whispered what was going on I panicked afraid we would lose you. When I got to the river, I arrived just in time to see you transform into an enormous tiger. One much larger than usually resides anywhere in Tendaara or even your world. Your eyes were glowing in multiple colors, and the snarl you let out was not that of a normal tiger." He said trying to be as gentle as possible using with his magnetic voice to keep her calm as he relayed this information. He asked again. "how long have you been able to shapeshift?" Alyenna stuttered an unintelligible response. There was a memory of another time, but she was not sure if it was a memory or a dream. "Since last night." She declared with false confidence slipping back into humor as her natural defense, "pretty good for a first timer!" She winced at the expression on Baellnar's face. Aagi chuckled and slapped her hard on the back. "AH! dat's muh girl!" He turned to Baellnar and pointedly said. "Oi think were dun 'ere." Baellnar's gaze softened and looked at Aly for a long moment. He sighed and said, "Well we better be off, or else a dead man may catch up to us." "Wait," Aly said a little louder than she meant to " I did not kill him last night, did I?" Baellnar turned from her and grabbed their bags. Once he hoisted the bag over his shoulder, he started for the door. "No, you did not. But if Aagi or I ever see him again, he will be."

"What are you doing here?!" An angry female voice shook the castle. A beautiful woman who was the embodiment of a goddess of the night stared angrily at Paul, "and without my prize!" You better have a great explanation for this. Paul cowered in the corner of the throne room and considered that running from a rampaging tiger might have been the less problematic of his options this evening. "My darling my sweetest love, my angel of darkness, my mistress of the night, my . . ." He crooned anxiously. "Desist your lies!" She cut him off angrily mid-sentence fire forming in her hand. "Explain why you are somewhere that she is not." "She . . . shifted." He said softly afraid for the first time in history for his life. Paul had never seen the queen he loved so infuriated. Scelestra's pupils slit like a snake then purred at Paul coaxing him to come closer to her with a pointy scarlet manicured finger. Fearfully obeying He crawled over to her and clung to lavish black velvet gown. "Tell me why she shifted Paul I thought we took care of this problem with her." She purred in a way very similar to an angry lioness waiting in tall grass to pounce on her prey. "We did but." He paused, with a shudder under the power of her vehement glare. "But what Paul?" She demanded, her voice caused small pieces of rock to tremble to the floor. "Well," He paused his hands shook as he stuffed them in his pockets, "she,' he stuttered through the sentence urged to continue only by the fire that brewed in Scelestra's palm, "destroyed it." "She did what?" The house shook as she spoke. His answer was a meek, "yes." Scelestra bent down to him using her dagger-like nails to point his face directly at her and cooed "how exactly did she 'destroy it' Paul?" Clutching her gown in his sweaty palms, he told her about garbage disposal incident, and she threw him to the ground and started pacing. "Do you know what you have done? That was an enchanted necklace. Do you know what it took to make that necklace! I had to get 1,000 innocent souls for that spell. Not only that do you know what it took to get that to the Earthen realm! That necklace was the one form of control we had over her. It tracked her and held her powers at bay. It made her mortal! You let that heinous little brat shove it down the garbage disposal!" with eyes alight with swirling red fire she threw her hand up in the air without even looking at Paul. His body launched across the enormous throne room and slammed into a stone pillar. His head slammed hard into the pillar and made a small crunching noise. He fell limp to the ground below. Blood pooled out beneath his body and in her rage, she threw him again to the other side of the room to the feet of a silent guard. Without a word, the guard dragged Paul's nearly lifeless body out of the room. Scelestra then busied herself going through spell books and gathering supplies. "This will take weeks to create. . ." She said to no one in particular. Then Looking into a basin by her throne filled with a thick red liquid that held an image of the trio riding away from town. "That little bitch is going to pay."

*** Thank you for reading! Please do not forget to comment***

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by SokizzRaven(m): 1:55pm On Apr 29, 2018
CalciumB3:
To those that banned me, thank you!! Guess what?
I am better than before and I'll tell you to watch out
You're welcome back bro
Your story is Lit
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by Bobosneh: 6:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
Please We Need Update
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by MidasTouche01(m): 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
Please coman update OP
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
Am sorry for the late update, the network here is bad and glo also is not helping the situation at all.

"Beware the manipulators claiming that they love you.
Satan was an angel once. ANd hell can look an awful lot like
paradise" --Erin Van Vuren

Aly rode in silence for most of the next day mostly because
sharing her dark not so distant past and turning into a giant
bloodthirsty tiger had drained her of any useful source of
energy. It felt like she had run an emotional marathon and
now she was riding a physical one. Her legs pulsed with
strain and frequently cramped during the ride. As they
slowed their gallop to a fast walk and the sun beat down on
her she felt her eyes were softly failing at their task of
staying open. Every once in a while she would feel her head
slingshot down to her chest in a fit of temporary
narcolepsy. Even Sadie was exhausted and silent. Every
ounce of her concentration was focused on merely
coordinating the four hooves beneath her and keeping her
rider on board.
Despite the obvious exhaustion of his companions,
Baellnar was relentless in pushing them forward. They had
spent most of the day at a full gallop. The trio had covered
more distance in a couple hours than they had in a full day
of their two-week journey. Even normally talkative Aagi was
silent for this part of the journey. It was not until the sun
had started to fade into orange and twilight hues that he
barked at Baellnar in protest.
"oi you pointy eared self-servicer you are gonna ride us our
mounts ta death!" He growled ferociously at their silver-
haired leader. Baellnar pointedly ignored and continued to
push forward. Finally, by some unseen natural queue, he
was satisfied with the level of the suns descent over the
trees. Without a word, he guided their lackluster group
about a mile off the road deep into the forest around them.
Their mounts stumbled clumsily over the roots and
bramble barely able to stand.
They stopped in a clearing each of them as if on autopilot
began to set up camp. When they were finished with their
respective tasks they gathered around the firelight. Aly
quickly gave way to her exhaustion. Her supper had been
placed in her lap for mere moments but she immediately
fell unconscious right into her plate. She did not care that it
was food it was warm and soft just like a pillow. In the haze
of her unconscious, she felt strong hands gently lift her
from her space and carry her to her bedroll.
Aagi grumbled over his portion glaring at Baellnar who was
gently wiping the food from Aly's face having tucked her
away in her bedroll. "What's your problem?" Aagi snapped
at Baellnar's hunched form. Annoyed Baellnar looked up at
his friend and patiently waited for an explanation for his
outburst while simultaneously suggesting for him to
whisper.
Needing no more incentive to speak his mind he let out a
massive tirade which he carried out in a sharp whisper. "Oi
you slack-jawed, son of a bastard knife ear, you could get
us killed pushing us like ya were. The poor lass fell over
into 'er food! ... 'er food Baellnar! What for Gaia's sake is so
important you could get the whole lot of us killed before we
even start on this godforsaken venture?" Aagi was fuming
even his ears had turned a brilliant shade of scarlet.
"Not only that ya treated the lass like she was a leper or
summtin da 'ole damn day! Da poor thing probably thinks
yur are afraid o' 'er or. . . 'ate her after that 'ole tiger
fiasco." Huffing and puffing finally letting his emotions out
Aagi angrily poked at the fire sending a shower of sparks to
emphasize his feelings on the matter.
Baellnar held an unfocused gaze facing the fire and stayed
that way for a long time before answering. "Is that what you
think Aagi?" He eyed his friend cooly almost in a non-verbal
scoff. "You think I hate her, or fear her? No. I care more
deeply about her than you could know." Baellnar looked
wistfully into the moonlight.
"I was I tasked with watching her through the crystal for
one hundred and fifty years. I watched as she slumbered
for over one hundred and twenty years." His words were
poignant and heavy. "I watched as she grew up with her
host family. I watched as they cherished her and loved her.
I watched as she laughed and she played. I watched as she
grew, and at sixteen I watched as she began showing signs
of magic.
Did you know it was that magic that helped Paul find her?"
He turned back to Aagi his eyes whirling in agony. "I
watched as he snapped his finger and the driver of the
tanker truck died. I watched as the truck collapsed and
burst into flames. I watched as her host family's car flipped
three times off the road. I watched as her 'father' crawled
from the burning vehicle only to be shot by Paul. I watched
as he slithered his way into her life. I watched as he
chipped away at her self-esteem. I watched as his gang of
friends attempted to assault her." He a grin of pride seeped
onto his lips. He waited for Aagi to absorb the whirlwind of
emotions that accompanied Baellnar's words.
"It was in that moment that she also turned into a raging
beast. Tearing the men apart. That is why Paul gave her a
necklace that froze her powers and her in time. That is why
they were in a protection spell that sealed them from the
outside world. No one could come save her because no
one could see her." He sighed and shook his head trying to
wipe the memory from his mind.
"oi what is dat necklace den?" Aagi whispered gently having
no idea of what he had been seeing. He had known
Baellnar had been tasked as her guardian but he had no
idea what pain he had gone through being on the wrong
side of the portal. Unable to stop the pain and suffering
their ward had endured.
"That necklace is the pendant of souls. The one and the
only thing that can keep the powers of an earth child at
bay. There is no way Scelestra does not know what she can
do." It was his turn to furiously poke at the fire almost
stabbing almost as if to pick a fight with the flames. As if
stabbing the fire would somehow stab the witch that
pursued them. He threw his fire stick away in fury and
plunked down on a boulder nearby. All of this was done
with a careful eye on Aly as she slept. Finally done with his
silent tantrum he leveled his gaze on Aagi.
"You think Paul was the only one of the claimed who is
following us?" Aagi's eyes bulged and he said nothing
sudden comprehension scrawled across his features. "Aagi
there are hundreds of them on our trail. I catch the
vibrations of their approach on the wind. We are dead if we
do not push forward our only hope is reaching the veil in
time."
"the veil? uh . . . oi though we were goin' ta see the other 'er
ya know Aly's destiny and all." Aagi whispered suddenly
alarmed. "wouldn' she be safer wid 'er?"
Baellnar shook his head. "We would never reach her in
time. Besides Aly's new . . . abilities have me questioning
everything. I do not think she is who we were told she is.
She is infinitesimally rarer than that. Allabandar is hiding
something from us." Aagi maintained his slack-jawed
silence absorbing Baellnar's words. Baellnar's eyes gazed
fondly at Aly's sleeping form. She started to moan and
thrash in the throws of a nightmare. Small screams
emanated from her slumbering lips.
Baellnar pulled out his lute and began to softly strum a
lullaby. As he touched the cords his lute began to glow and
then small strands of light stretched lazily from the strings.
They danced around in the air and as he sang they found
their way to Aly. The wrapped around her like a blanket and
her body began to illuminate with the glow of the music.
She sighed heavily easing into a much deeper and more
peaceful sleep. The song continued for several minutes but
as it ended the glow faded into her bedroll and laced
around her from fading away completely as he strummed
the last note... He gazed fondly at her as her breath
softened and a sleepy smile spread across her face.
Satisfied with his work he put his lute away and looked back
at Aagi. "Only a child of mother Gaia can take the form of a
forest creature. To my knowledge and yours, Ella was the
last. If what I believe is true Aagi she is the last and final
heir to natures' throne."
Aagi simply whispered how?
Baellnar took one last long meaningful look at Aly. "I do not
know, but if we do not get her to the veil in time then we
will never know."

[A/N] Thank you for reading. Please remember to
comment/share! I love your feedback and it
encourages me to keep this story alive
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 9:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
"Evil lurks in places you would never imagine and tries to charm its way into your life."--Anonymous

Emily was overwrought with excitement. She had just had the most amazing news, a promotion. Allabandar saw fit that she be made made his personal servant to the keep. A smile breached her lips. He was a gentle soul, she admired his kindness to those of all position. He never seemed to see the uniform only the person within. He was the one who saved her and brought her to the keep. There was something special about the way he treated her. There was always a softness to his eyes. Emily believed it was because he had saved her so many years ago. The excitement of the new position rushed through her body. Fueled by exuberance, she flew through the halls in an attempt to find Damien. He was so different from Allabandar. Despite their flourishing romance, in the eyes of the public, he treated her with deference. She knows that he was not ashamed of their love, it was that romantic relationships were forbidden. Love was dangerous; love led to death. Emily knew that to be true. He was still as always an unfailing gentleman. Though each time she ran to him he acted as if he did not even know her name or understand her act of affection. Emily knew the rules, Love was dangerous and forbidden, but his act for the good of their relationship still tore at her core. She let a smile part her lips at the memory of their evenings together. Her fears would evaporate, as they ran together to the weeping willow on the hill. Their silhouettes are hidden under cover of the stars as the day faded into twilight. It was in the haze of the moons light that Damien was hers again. Even during the day, He would send gifts and beautiful words to tide her through the work of the day. Today was no different. On her nightstand was an incredible bouquet of flowers, one that could have only come from the throne room, and with them a note that melted her soul through her eyes.

My darling Emily. When I first saw you.
I fell hard; I fell deep, I fell complete, I fell into blissful ease.
Your laughter like the giggling of a spring stream and I knew.
Your love my sweetest rose is like the summer breeze.
Let us escape to a land of fairies and twilight.
Follow me to the willow tree rising high above the fields of green.
Meet me so I can revel in your voice. So like that of a songbird in flight . Away from prying eyes and courtly decree.
I will meet you when the moon is shining brightly in the evening sky.
Though it still is nothing next to the sparkle of your eye.
Where I can taste the sweet paradise of your lips.
In the magic world where our souls can sip.
The sweet juice lovers dreams.
Ever Yours,
D.

Emily squealed and danced around her room. She bit her lip in anticipation as a delicious warmth spread through her core, and resonated between her legs. His treasured words melted her soul and every piece of her melted with it. Though he was not admittedly a talented poet, his verbal skills paled in comparison to his intent. Those warm and indelicate words were all she needed to assuage the pain of today's rejection.
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 9:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
Tonight was the night that they would celebrate! Her skin prickled in excitement as a blush touched her caramel colored cheeks. All fuel d by the mere possibility of making love to Damien for the first time. Programmed words of her upbringing entered her mind. Love is a weakness to the witch of nightmares. There was one unbreakable and unspoken rule of the rebellion. Anyone of import was not allowed to fall in love. They could follow their base desires, but only as a biological duty, nothing more. Emily cursed the rule on a daily basis, and so did many others. It was a ridiculous and impossible degree to follow. You cannot forbid emotion, so those that had relationships, hid them. It became law when queen Eleanor was slain by her childhood lover. She and Cameron had fearlessly flaunted their love which many thoughts had become their doom. It was decided that as long as Scelestra was a life, the loves of any people of high rank within the rebellion was forbidden to be openly discussed. So the next best thing was a castle full of people having secret affairs. High-ranking officials never married or had children. It was too risky. However, that rule did not stop secret families and love affairs from popping up suspiciously around the keep, and after 150 years of no incidents in the keep, the decree had become quite lax. Having been one of Scelestra's victims by association Emily was better at hiding her affair than most but lately with a heart full of enthusiasm her control had been slipping. It had worked out for the best though she had become prone to singing perky little folk songs while she worked and Allabandar so enamored of her voice and appreciative of her hard work promoted her. She busied herself around her quarters getting ready for her evening. How does one prepare to be deflowered it was such a giddy thought that jumped and squealed a bit to herself as she dug into her belongings finding her best dress and ribbons. so she could be at her most beautiful. Not that she thought he would turn her away if she was in her serving frock but there was something magical about the task of turning herself into a temporary courtier. Finishing the touches on her appearance and posting a couple times in the mirror for good measure she squeaked with glee and ran out the room and off to their secret place. It took her a little over half an hour to reach the willow and by the time she did she was panting with effort. She stood up straight and took in the beauty of the world around her. High on a hill overlooking the patchwork fields and the beautiful lake was an ancient willow. Its whispering branches had grown thick over the centuries creating the perfect shield for their lovemaking. The moon was bright and full, illuminating everything with a pale luminescent glow. The stars danced across the black velvet of the night sky. Emily's skin prickled with anticipation and the feel of the evening chill. She felt a strong hand grip hers and spin her around in a graceful pirouette. She beamed at Damien enchanted by his emerald eyes and dazzling smile. He grinned happily back at her. His hand pressing in on the small of her back pushing her into him. With a flourish, he dipped her back and kissed her deeply. Her surprise melted quickly and she wound her arms around his neck and met his lips with equal enthusiasm. Damien lowered her gently to the ground and as he did his lips traced her ear then onto her neck sucking deeply causing her back to arch in pleasure. She moaned at his touch. An uncontrollable fire building in her toes and spreading out through her whole body. Damien's hands busied themselves with her bodice expertly untying each and every button. He made quick work of her bodice and sat back and admired her breasts exposed to the moonlight. Emily bent up to kiss him pressing herself into him and entwining her arms around him. He continued his ministrations on her neck his fingers gently entwined in the tumbles of her brown hair. Her body reacted pushing her mind away, seized in the bliss of hazy sensual pleasure. Her fingers caressed the seam of his pants emboldened by his reaction she tore at the drawstring letting his trousers fall. Emily pressed deeper into the kiss her hand stroking him. He shivered in pleasure and glided his fingers up her legs, circling into her inner thigh then lightly tickled her. He lay her back down on the ground never letting his fingers give up on their pleasurable quest. She softly began to gasp and pelvis began to move and pivot inviting him in and he gladly accepted. He pulled her to him and delighted in her gasp as he slid inside her. She moaned in excitement as he thrust into her biting her neck gently at first but as their lovemaking continued something strange began to happen. The gentle grip of his hands on her hips became extremely painful. She bit her lip holding back not wanting to upset him. Then she felt her insides tearing and burning. Something was wrong something was very very wrong. She pulled away from the kiss wild-eyed and gasping in pain. Her organs felt like they were being torn apart. No longer was this pleasant love making this was torture.
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 9:24pm On Apr 30, 2018
Ow!" She exclaimed as pain filled her mind and she tried to push herself away. Fear clutched her soul. Emily fruitlessly hoped that her exclamation of pain would push him back. That it would unearth the subtle sweetness about him that had vanished in an instant. She clawed and pushed at his skin desperate for him slow down. She had never made love before, but somehow she knew this was not how it was supposed to go. An eternity passed them by as her resistance grew louder and louder. Emily knew her doom when he rose above her, and the moonlight caught his face in vicious shadows. His expression was menacing and in place of his hazel eyes were two terrible glowing red eyes. Filled with terror she whimpered then instinct took hold and she tried to fight. Her body seized in the futile effort to escape. Damien ignored her his grip tightening, and he slammed her hard into the ground. Her head smashed into a root and bled lightly. She now uselessly struggled, failing to get away from him. Her claws dug into him and the ground as she scrambled to pull herself free. All while her intestines were knotting up in unimaginable pain. Unable to bear it anymore She screamed in panic and agony. Her scream echoed across the empty countryside falling only on the ears of the wind and the animals. She was so alone. Emily eyes wide shivered in fear beneath the man she loved. She began to weep uncontrollably. Damien's face was contorted in vicious glee. Her body seized with fear as he finally released her liquid fire consuming her abdomen. She curled up in a fetal position choking on her tears. Hiding her face in her palms, she refused to face her attacker. "Surprised my sweetest rose?" A terrible female cackle followed those words. She gasped for small tendrils of air. Emily curled into a ball on the ground. Her knees tucked tight into her chest, and her eyes erupted in salty defeat. What air she had left burned her lungs and seized in her throat and pain coursed its way through her abdomen. "Why?" She sobbed as she strained to take a look at her beloved assailant. What she saw turned her heart to stone. The eyes that stared back at her through the night were not brilliant green. They were the color of blood. The eyes were surrounded by luxurious ebony lashes and porcelain skin. "Scelestra." Her voice tore through her throat, and the name exited her lips tinted with venom and fear. Acid wove its way through her stomach, and she screamed in agony as it worked its way through her body and soul. Her eyes never left the personification of betrayal, the queen of nightmares.

*****Scelestra*****

Scelestra appeared before her newly acquired prey and sniffed at the air in disgust. She had to resort to such pathetic measures of controlling a servant and dressing like one. Looking at the tattered dress next to her she laughed at the girl before her. A mousy thing that she had been teasing for months. The servant girl stared accusingly at her at first as she revealed herself but it wouldn't matter. Scelestra had her whole mind. The girl had given herself entirely to her and now was owned by her. She watched satisfied as the girl's eyes slowly began to glow a bright scarlet hue. "Ah, my little pet you will do just fine. She purred." The girl remained glassy-eyed a delightful red hue glowing back at Scelestra. Scelestra waved the phallic cylinder in her hand proudly at her victim. The sex was just a tool to administer a potion. What she released into the girl was not semen but a magic concoction that ensured total control over the girl. Scelestra delighted side effects of her potion as she watched her prey squirm. This particular potion is a challenge to acquire and administer. The victim has to be completely in the love for it to work; but, It was worth every bit of her effort. Scelestra might as well be in the castle and with this little maid as her toy. Pleased with her work Scelestra paced back and forth smiling. Her mind lauding herself as she looked at this examined the claimed girl before her. This little love affair worked out better than she could have ever dreamed. Not only did this servant girl have high-level clients in the court but no she was Allabandar's private maid! He was Scelestra's very own white whale. That man had always eluded the best of her traps but now she had him. Clearly, he was fond of this little servant girl. God only knows why she was so plain and basic. Scelestra had been losing patience with the game of catching the little thing until she heard the news of the promotion echoing in her mind. When Scelestra realized she could have access to Allabandar's private quarters she had to act. She eyed her prize and laughed. "You stupid thing you thought Damien would love you when he beds men?" Emily just sat there on her knees staring at Scelestra vapidly. Scelestra wrapped her finger with the girl's hair and pulled her face close so she could admire the bright red eyes. It was always the most fun when they were new toys. This pet may yet become favorite of hers. Seeing as how Paul was completely useless but this one this one could grant her access to everything she ever needed. Now with the help of the magic potion and her telepathic powers, she could see through her eyes. She could explore Allabandar's private quarters, watch conversations through this pawns eyes, no more of her lazy interpretations of those around her. Scelestra could now work with a live feed of the keep and all of the people inside. Laughing again at the girl's naive notion that Damien could ever love her when he was clearly interested in only one man. Such an easy target as well but not worth the risk. She couldn't take the seer's mind he was too dangerous with his fading in and out of reality. If she was not careful and she got taken by a vision and she would descend into madness. No this little mouse of a girl was much better and so gullible. People will believe whatever they want to believe when they are in love. What a deliciously ghastly emotion she thought to herself and laughed. A terrifying sound that shook the delicate willow branches around her. The mousy girl's eyes started to go back to their natural hue augmented by the little freckles on her cheeks. As the girl began to blink slowly, Scelestra realized she had run out of time for gloating. She had to set her plan in motion, so Scelestra spoke the girl's undying order. "You will charm Allabandar. Make him fall in love with you and then you will kill him." The venom in her words seeped into Emily's brain to do their work. The spell was guaranteed to work part of the beauty of this particular potion. The girl would never know she was under Scelestra's control. Scelestra would slip in and out of her mind unseen. She watched as the girl fell to the ground unconscious. Scelestra would wipe the memory of the evening from the girl's mind and for good measure the relationship with 'Damien' as well. She had a new task. To fall in love with the leader of the rebellion and then kill him. The beauty was to this little servant her falling for Allabandar would be real even though she was coerced into it. She could even still be in love him when the spell is broken and the dagger leaves his heart. Scelestra cackled as with a flick of her wrist the girls body was wrapped in a black smoke and transported back to her quarters. Scelestra strode off to her carriage and smiling wickedly to herself.
***Thank you for reading. I appreciate any and all feedback***

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by GooseBump: 9:32pm On Apr 30, 2018
this selestian or watin wicked oo
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 7:12am On May 02, 2018
"Every Day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be."-- Marsha Petrie Sue

Aly awoke, feeling incredibly well rested. Which surprised her considering she slept on rocks and splintered debris. During the night one rock dug so hard into her back that she could feel an angry red mark it had tattooed into her skin. As she gathered her wits about her she smiled. It was her favorite time of day. The moment of the day where the night was ending but the day had not yet begun. It had so much meaning for her lately. Just like the hazy veil of lavender in the sky her darkness was fading. Her friends had become like the sun. Breaking through the darkness bringing color and life to a terrifying world. Aly's stomach sunk as she realized she had never woken up for her watch. Each person had to stand guard throughout the night to ensure their safety. Usually, someone would have woken her up. It should have been Roxanne since she was the third watch. Aly gazed around the camp fearful something had happened to her companions. Relieved she saw the crystalline back of Roxanne gazing off into the distance. Testing the air with her tongue. Aly got up and stood beside Roxanne. She rested a hand on her shoulder silently thanking her for allowing her to rest. Together they watched the sunrise through the trees. Aly was beginning to gain a silent appreciation for Roxanne. Dragonkin, the relatives of dragons were often never mentioned in the literature. It was not until now that Alyenna realized they were vastly underappreciated. Though Roxanne was not a full dragon, her intelligence and power were impressive. However, it was not her incredible ability to change size at will or even her prismatic dragon's fire. No that is not what made her special. The best part about her though was her company. Throughout the past few weeks, Roxanne had become very motherly towards Aly. She often offered her small bits of wisdom or comfort as she was adjusting to the new land. Even when Baellnar seemed cold and distant or Aagi in a fiery rage, Roxanne was always there. She would be smiling and offering gentle assurance or small bits of humor throughout their journey. Suddenly Aly's stomach rumbled breaking the beauty of the moment. Guess it's time for breakfast hatchling. Roxanne gently spoke into her mind. She nudged her gently with her nose. The warmth of her breath offering a gentle revitalization to Aly's weary muscles. Aly appreciatively patted Roxanne and thanked her for taking her watch. She then picked her way gingerly around her other sleeping comrades. Aly really appreciated everything her companions had done for her. In their own unorthodox way they had rescued her, guided, her and now they were becoming more than friends for her. They were becoming the family she had longed for since her world was turned upside down almost two decades ago. Aly wanted to thank them every day for what they had done for her. She owed them that much, and boy had she tried. On several occasions, she would open her mouth and then it would just stay like that gaping open because there were no words that sufficed a number of thanks she felt in her soul. This morning was a new morning and she decided to try a new way of saying thanks. She would put Baellnar's lessons to work. Emboldened by her quest she went searching for breakfast through the forest. As she picked her way among bramble and trees searching for edible nuts, fruits, and plants she heard the sound of gentle waves crashing against a shore. She gently weaved around the trees guided by the refreshing sound. As they grew thinner and further between she squeaked with joy. The great forest had given way to an alluring clearing. There were wildflowers popping up in amazing colors everywhere. Gentle forest and water sprites danced happily in and out of the bushes and splashing waves. The waves were part of a crystal clear lake. In the center, a large stone island rising regally above the water.
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 7:13am On May 02, 2018
Now the sun was just starting to trickle through the trees and it set the water on fire with its orange light. Fish eager for their morning breakfast were jumping out trying to catch dragonflies and other insects that were dancing across the surface of the water. A deer was a couple yards off drinking her fill for the day. She quickly busied herself trying to find breakfast. As much as she wanted to swim her experiences a week or so ago had made her a bit trepidatious. She eyed the fish hungrily but had nothing to catch them with but there were small shellfish along the shore and under the rocks that could make for a delicious breakfast. Her skin prickled as she was gathering the items. She felt eyes on her. Terrified she squeaked and dropped her bounty as she spun around brandishing the small carving knife she had taken with her. Meanwhile, she was silently cursing herself for not thinking of grabbing her sword. A wave of relief hit her as she saw Baellnar gingerly leaning against a nearby tree. He uncrossed his arms and started to walk towards her, smiling. Aly feeling incredibly foolish shifted the knife back into her boot. "You scared me." She said sheepishly. "what are you doing so far from camp Aly? I thought you learned that wandering off to bodies of water where no one could see you might be problematic." He smiled and put an arm around her reassuringly as she remembered the day she nearly drowned. Her pride would not allow her to admit her fear to him though. Instead, she took the obstinate approach. "You wandered off the other night why can't I?" "Because I am much less valuable than you are." He said gently. His humility broke her heart. He always undervalued his own worth. He had been their leader and their guide and from her understanding, he was the one who found her. Yet ... "That's not true and you know it." She protested slipping out of his arm and standing in front of him her hands on her hips. "Aly I am not destined to save the world. Only you hold that responsibility." He walked over to a tree and grabbed a branch snapping it. Then proceed along the shore picking through rocks. "I cannot save the world without your help. You found me and you are teaching me." "Aly, I was given the privilege of doing that. Any number of people could take my place." Again words failed her. How could she say what she was feeling? How could she say that his words broke her heart? That it hurt her deeply to know that he valued his own life so little. Instead, she went back to her original task of scavenging for breakfast. Choosing to show him how much he had done for her. A spear appeared in her hand, and she looked up at her sapphire eyed companion. He said nothing and walked toward the shore of the lake. Baellnar paced the shore a couple times bouncing his own spear in his hand. He watched the surface of the water carefully. Then he froze and like a bolt of lightning strike struck a fish with such speed and agility Aly barely saw him move. He pulled the spear out of the water with a fish wriggling uselessly at its tip. He beckoned for her to try on her own. Aly stared at her own spear with future disappointment in mind. Just like with archery, throwing things was not one of her talents. She tried several times to spear the dozens of fish teasing her just offshore. Each time her spear barely broke the surface of the water falling uselessly on its side. She even had had to go swimming after it on several occasions. Baellnar had started using the wind to push her spear to shore after the third time she had to go in and get her useless weapon. He already had several of the fish he had caught strung up over his shoulder. Baellnar sighed and came over to her. Ever the patient mentor he verbally instructed her time and time again about fine-tuning her throwing technique. Aly eventually threw her spear to the ground and started throwing rocks at the lake instead. Baellnar chuckled lightly and came to her this time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 7:13am On May 02, 2018
"Ella was trained in the art of war and battle. She was a
dragon trainer and was part of an elite squad of five riders.
they would perform at festivals showing off their acrobatics
for adoring fans. It was a great time to be alive despite the
war. We knew all along it was her destiny to fell Scelestra.
As the prophecy foretold the one to change the world
would be a child of Gaia. Ella was the last. She too had the
ability to shift her form, and she bonded very closely with
her golden dragon Sheviiri.
One day Cameron came back from the war. He had to, we
were preparing for the final battle with Scelestra. The one
you read about so many times." He smiled at her gently.
"Though open love is and was frowned upon in those days.
It was only forbidden among the nobility for self-
preservation purposes. Ella did not care, she thought her's
and Cameron's love was invincible. The mere concept that
it could be sullied by Scelestra's nefarious schemes was
inconceivable to her. She believed in their love more than
anything. She believed that it was it was the key to
destroyingScelestra could control. That classic good
conquers evil fairy tale. Unfortunately for everyone, life is
not a fairy tale." A small tear crept from his eyes. He acted
as if it never appeared but Aly saw it and the telltale red
rim that shows whenever someone holds back emotion.
He took a deep breath. "In the heat of battle, Cameron
turned his dragon on Eleanor. Ella was frozen in shock as
he attacked. I watched as the love of both of our lives fell
through the smoke. I heard her scream as she landed on
the jagged rocks below. My world ended in that instant."
Another deep breath. "It was in that same moment that
Scelestra's spell left my childhood best friend, and he
realized what he had done. His scream alerted her army to
the failing of the spell and we were both attacked.
We could not fly to her and mourn her loss. We were
swarmed with the mashing jaws and demon fire that
Scelestra employed in her army. When the smoke cleared,
Cameron and went in search of her body. Too much time
had passed. Her body was missing and no one had seen
where it had gone." Baellnar sat for a moment. The story
had taken a lot out of him.
Aly put her hand around his back reassuringly. "I am
sorry," she said. "you must have been so furious with him. I
cannot even imagine. . . " He sighed and leaned into her,
letting his head rest on her shoulder for just a moment.
Baellnar looked at her with sadness. "you would think that
wouldn't you; but no, I was not angry with him. We have all
accepted the lack of control that comes with Scelestra's
magic. It was not his fault. His only flaw was loving our Ella,
and Scelestra hijacked that love. The devastation on his
face when he could not even say goodbye to Ella ... was
overwhelming."
Baellnar looked deep into Aly's eyes. "Yes, I had a crush on
Ella and at times I even loved her but she was never mine.
She was always a part of him and a part of his soul. I was
lucky to be in her world as a friend and I cherished that
friendship." He looked away again.
"For years I tried to nurse my friend through his pain but it
did not work. Eventually, I realized there was nothing I
could do to save him. It was up to him to crawl his way out
of the darkness. I was called back to the rebellion. He
continued to isolate himself in the mountain caring for only
for their dragons. Sheviiri was also incredibly lost without
her partner. It was Sheviiri's presence and the presence of
his own dragon that kept him living."
"I never understood why he chose that life." He paused
looking at Aly again. " I understand now. that putting others
before yourself is the single greatest thing anyone could do.
There is no greater reward than that which comes with the
act of service." They were approaching the cam now so his
story had to come to a close.
"I have not seen him in over three decades. Cameron had
been gifted with immortality by the elven people in his
marriage ceremony to Eleanor. I am not sure if he kept that
gift. "
They walked together in silence for a long while. When
Roxanne and Aagi saw the breakfast bounty they cheered
and laughed merrily. The rest of the morning was spent in
idle chit-chat. The friends laughed with and at each other.
Passing the time. Allowing a few moments of joyous peace
before they continued on.
All of them avoiding the conversation that was on all of
their minds. Will they make it to the veil?

**** Thank you for reading please do not forget to
comment***

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 7:20am On May 02, 2018
The Journey Ends Here

"Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest... It's about who came and never left your side"--Thobby Turner

They had found their way back to the main road. The time for slowly tramping through the forest was over. They pushed their mounts toward the veil. The only sound for miles was that of the thundering hooves of their mounts below them. Then Aly realized something. That was the only sound around them. She yelled to her friends. Baellnar and Aagi ignored her. Pushing harder and forward. Realizing the futility of her efforts she continued to push Sadie. Who was also silent. The white of her eyes flashing in the effort of carrying her load across large distances as such a harsh pace. It is too quiet she said to no one because no one cared to listen. Her skin prickled unnaturally. Incredibly alert her instincts firing alarms partially because of what she now understood but also because in books silence was never a good thing. Ever. She was sweating profusely. Her heart tied to her throat making it hard to breathe. She choked on the dust storm around them. She felt the ground shaking like an earthquake. They pushed harder. The trees around them swaying branches crashing down. There was no wind. How was this happening? Sadie reared up in fear and galloped out of control. Alyenna held on for dear life. Her feet had fallen out of the stirrups she had no control of her horse anymore. The ground ahead of them erupted. Enormous fissures forming around them. Almost like the dirt road, they were on was actually a weak icy pond. The horses and Roxanne reared up and danced nervously having no-where to go. Sadie screamed. Out of the ground came an enormous clawed hand. The claws were easily the size and shape of a deadly scimitar. Its' scaly skin was the yellow-brown color of diarrhea and had the smell to match. Her eyes were burning and watering and she was gagging on the smell. Another hand followed both grasped the ground and two arms pushing whatever was attached to them up. There were terrifying spikes on the elbows each with the deadly curve of a scimitar. Next came an enormous head. It looked like it was the ugly creation of what happened when a snake and a bull mated. Hundreds of pointy dripping teeth lined the jaw. Its eyes were red and serpentine. On its head were horns. In the shape of a Texas long horn cattle with a deadly twisted curve. Each horn was easily the diameter of a tree trunk and 5 feet long and at their base were smaller deadly looking horns. A forked tongue flickered in and out. The beast finally pulled its whole body out of the ground. It stood in front of them armor plated shoulders and legs with its muscles twitching. A long-spiked tail whipping about behind it. It was at least two stories tall and unequivocally terrifying. Sadie and aria in a panic threw their riders and bolted. The beast showed no interest in them and grinned hungrily instead just on Alyenna. "I have been sent for you my dear." Its serpentine voice clutching at her heart. Its body moving toward her licking the air hungrily. "You look delicious." He took a lumbering step towards her. "Your journey ends here Alyenna of Earth." Aagi jumped off of Roxanne. Why she had not run was beyond Aly but almost in answer to her question Roxanne grew. The beautiful jeweled mount was now at least a story tall while still on all fours. Her own crystal spikes taking on deadly curves and her tail flickering angrily at the new comer. "Ah, we meet again pet." The monster said coolly to Roxanne clearly unthreatened by her size. "it seems this time you have something that belongs to my mistress."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 7:23am On May 02, 2018
Roxanne answered by crouching down and growling. Her rainbow eyes swirling in anger. Aly was still stuck to the ground. Being thrown from her horse had injured her leg. The awkward angle at which her foot stuck out did not give her much hope. She looked at Baellnar. He was unconscious. Terrified she watched as the monster and Roxanne circled each other. Aagi had lifted his enormous crossbow from Roxanne's saddle right before she had grown. He beckoned for Aly to stay down. Do not worry hatchling I am familiar with his kind and they are morons. "Who are you calling slowpoke's you overgrown lizard!" Roared the monster. Aagi snuck behind a large boulder that had fallen when the ground had ruptured. Propping his enormous crossbow on it. He busied himself digging through his sack pulling out various poultices and potions. Aly crawled over to Baellnar's unconscious body. Her foot screaming at her with the effort of being dragged across the uneven ground. Her arms now bleeding with her efforts she held her friends head up on her lap. Roxanne roared and charged the monster. He grabbed her by the neck and easily lifted her and slammed her to the ground. The whole forest shook with the weight of the impact. "please wake up" she whispered trembling. She pulled her hand away from his head feeling a sickening liquid pool in it. It was then that she realized he was bleeding. Blood from his head wound was pooling onto her clothes. She quickly tore a piece of her sleeve off and pressed hard on his wound. Rocking him back and forth she whispered again "Please Baellnar wake up." Roxanne recovered from the impact quickly and jumped up and bounced away grabbing the Monster's leg in her jaws and pulling it out from under him. She sank her teeth hard into his flesh. A sickly purple liquid started pulling out. She snarled dragging the monster. Aagi wiped some ugly sick looking liquid on his arrows and cocked them into his crossbow. The monster recovered quickly and grabbed Roxanne's jaws yanking them open he freed his leg and held her mouth open. Aly was helpless and terrified. She worried after Roxanne and mentally warned her be careful. All she got back from Roxanne was a chuckle. Simultaneously a large stream of white fire escaped her mouth and blew the monster in the face. He screamed covering his eyes in agony stumbling back. She lunged again this time biting his shoulder and pulling him down. Aly looked back at Baellnar. The bleeding had slowed but his face was a terrifying pale color. A little bit of blood touched his lips as well. "No no no no," she whispered. "Wake up please wake up!" His breathing slowed. The monster picked up a large boulder and threw it at Roxanne. She dodged it easily and leaped again. This time missing her target. He took advantage of her miscalculation and grabbed her tail and threw her to the ground. Then picked up another boulder and slammed it onto her leg. Roxanne roared in pain. Whipping her tail around she tripped the monster and rolled out of the way. She got up and rolled out of the way and just in time for Aagi to fire his crossbow. The arrow soared through the air and embedded itself in its' targets' neck. The monster bellowed and ripped it out. Another arrow soared through the air making a sickly sound as it sunk deep into the thigh of the monster. Once again, the monster ripped it out. This time Roxanne grabbed his horns with her teeth. Held tight and growling like a dog with a fresh bone. Five ore arrows arrow soared through the air. This time embedding themselves in various locations all over the creature's body.
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 7:24am On May 02, 2018
It angrily thrashed about but Roxanne refused to let go of her prize. Her head whipping about with the effort. If the situation was not so terrifying it would have been funny. She refused to allow the monster any access to the arrows and the time it took to rip out five the poison that Aagi had put on them did its job. The monster's eyes rolled back into its head. Its forked tongue lolled to the side and the twitching and thrashing began to weaken. Roxanne would not let go until she was sure he was gone. When the monster's lifeless form was at her feet she ripped off his head by biting through his neck and then burned him with her white-hot flame. After the body ignited and reduced to ash Roxanne shrunk to the size of a small house cat. She cried out limping and then fell to her side. Aagi ran toward Roxanne checking her leg. Aly turned her attention back to Baellnar. His breath was terrifyingly shallow. She curled herself around him. "Wake up!" She screamed. Aagi's attention was now fully on her and he ran to his friend. Sliding across the ground and grabbed Baellnar. He poured water over his face. Trying to revive him but nothing was working. Life was slowly leaving his body. Roxanne help us, please! You are dragonkin you can heal. A sad voice echoed back. No hatchling I cannot. I am only dragonkin I am not a full blood. Only the ancient ones have that power. Aly looked back at Baellnar hopelessly as she saw his breathing become harsher and sporadic. They call that the death rasp. Roxanne said sadly. Her small form now nuzzling Aly's knee. "What is wrong with him?" Aly asked Aagi. "sum sort o' brain 'emorage." He said sadly. Aly looked at Baellnar and wept. How could this happen? Her first friend in so long. How could he be taken away from her? She desperately gripped his shirt. Gritting her teeth again. "WAKE UP!" She yelled repeatedly but of course, nothing was working. As his last breath left his body she refused to give up on him. She jumped out from under him and began to press hard and rhythmically on his chest. One and two and three and four and five. She learned the skill a long time ago. Aagi tried to pull her back but she shook him off. Twelve and thirteen and fourteen and fifteen. Again he tried to pull her away and she yelled at him continuing to press hard on Baellnar's chest. The sickening sound of his rib cartilage breaking beneath her. Twenty-Seven and twenty-eight twenty-nine, Thirty. She bent down and breathed hard into him watching his chest rise. Again, she breathed into him but this time it was different. She felt her body warm. She saw a light white glow encompassed his body. Completely freaked out she jumped back. The glow connected her to him even with her not touching him. It pulsed slowly at first and then grew brighter and pulsed faster. He started to gasp. His eyes wide and he moaned with pain. Aly watched the mismatched cartilage of his chest knit itself back together. She checked his head for blood but there was none. She jumped next to him "Baellnar can you hear me?" "BAELLNAR!" she screamed. Again silence. She shook him gently and no response. But there was breath she could see it. She did not notice that Sadie and Aria had come back now that the danger had cleared. Aagi yelled at her. "We 'ave to get going miss." "I am not leaving him!" She yelled back. "OI! No one said anythin' 'bout leavin' 'im!" He growled. Picking up his friend and threw him onto Aria. He put him in a sitting position and lashed him on with ropes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 7:25am On May 02, 2018
Roxanne jumped up with him gripping his shirt in her teeth and digging her claws into the saddle. I have him hatchling do not worry but we must leave. There are more coming. Aly felt herself being pulled up onto Sadie by the dwarf and she wrapped her arms around him tightly. Digging her face into his shoulder. "Ya!" He yelled forcing Sadie to startle forward then launch herself into a full gallop. Aria followed obediently Baellnar's body bouncing limply in the saddle. Roxanne's eyes glowing in an effort to keep her charge upright so the bouncing would not harm his recovery against the bouncing of the saddle. "Aagi do you know where we are going?" Alyenna yelled into her friend's ear as they thundered forward. "Yes, miss we are going to the Elven veil. A land so protected with ancient magic even her highness cannot penetrate it with her tricks and deeds." "If it is so safe why isn't everyone allowed in." "Ah lass if everyone knew where it was it would hardly be safe now would it." She then busied herself with keeping a watchful eye over her unconscious friend. She had no idea what happened back there but whatever it was had saved him and that was all that mattered wasn't it?

Emily awoke the next morning feeling sore. Her stomach ached painfully. She was bleeding. She chocked it up to mother nature visiting and took the necessary maintenance precautions before dressing herself for her work that day. This was her first day as Allabandar's personal servant. She was so excited. She could not help but feel sad but she was not sure why. This was everything she had dreamed and hoped for. He had been her savior and she had idolized him ever since he saved her at the young age of four. Sure, he was otherworldly and immortal but age was just a number, right? He had gorgeous brown hair and hazel eyes. She tidied herself up in the mirror. Sighing as she realized the face reflected back at her was as good as it would get. She was not ugly but she certainly wasn't beautiful either. She knew her lot in life and she was lucky to have it. Being born human and a potter's daughter and then an orphan she knew her prospects were very thin. She lived in a castle and that alone was cause for celebration. The concept that she had her own room she felt like a governess and often pretended to be so. When the Courtiers were out on business she made a habit of trying on their lovely gowns and mesmerizing baubles and dreamt that she was in a different class. She frequented the local tavern not for the ale, though it was a nice perk, for the stories of princes finding their destined loves in common folk like herself. Her favorite story was any incantation of Cinderella. She loved pretending she lived in a land not threatened by the concept of falling in love and cherished these contra-banned stories. These stories were only allowed in the outskirts of towns. In the areas, Scelestra was least likely to find prey. In the courts, the stories of love and damsels were strictly forbidden. She whistled brightly as she dusted her way to Allabandar's quarters. She used her new key to open the door and was in shock when she let herself inside. She was expecting a man of Allabandar's rank to have perfectly lavish quarters but they weren't. they were lavish at one time but absolutely everything was covered in old clothes, papers, and books! She lovingly traced a spine looking at the cryptic runes on top of the binding. She unlike most servants had an excellent understanding of the written word. Allabandar insisted all of his staff was educated. He was very outspoken about the importance of an educated populous. He was the only ruler she had ever encountered that would give an advisory position to a servant over a noble blood if they showed the right amount of knowledge and gumption. When he did this the first time his simple speech to the shocked courtiers was

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 7:29am On May 02, 2018
A leader controlled by the blindness of rank is one doomed to fail. A leader who sees the power in all living things and recognizes their individual abilities is guaranteed to succeed.
He was incredible. She admired everything he did and everything he stood for. Her reverie was broken when a velvet voice sounded behind her. "Yeah, it's a mess my last servant gave up on me." He chuckled and strode up next to her examining the book she was caressing. "That is one of my absolute favorites. It is an ancient elven tale of an elven princess who gave up her immortality so she could live a lifetime with the human man she fell in love with." Emily gasped. A story whose nature was expressly forbidden of nobles. He chuckled at her reaction. "I know it is silly to collect such stories but given how dangerous actual love is it is nice to retreat into a story. I know it's a rule but honestly what harm can one story do." Emily desperately trying to control her emotions when she realized her hero was romantic. "Sir I would not know of such stories." "Emily, you and I both know that is a lie." He said smoothly starting to assist her in tidying up his room. "I beg your pardon sir but these are forbidden." She said demurely. "Emily, one does not become a leader of the resistance by being blind to his people. I know you sneak out to the tavern on the hill almost every night." Fear shook her. "Sir I am so sorry but. . ." She trailed off. She knew she was doomed. Why had he hired her for this if he was just going to fire her right away? "Emily, It is only forbidden in the castle." He said sweetly tucking the books away in a bookshelf. Why is he helping to tidy up his room? She thought to herself Better yet how does he know what I do in my personal time. Instantly indignant she began angrily dusting the room. He sighed observing her anxious behavior. "Emily, I know you sneak away and listen to bards because I do as well." Emily dropped her duster. She turned to stare at her hero gawking. Then it hit her. The hooded figure she saw night after night. The one with hazel eyes and a big sword. How could she not have seen it before? "Why did you follow me?" She asked gently picking up her duster and a couple of papers scattered around the floor. "I did not mean to follow you. I just happened to also go. When I realized you frequented the tavern for the same reason I did. Then one night two weeks ago you went to the stage and sang. Emily, you have the voice of an angel. The story you sang was so poignant and pure I had wanted to get to know you better. Yet as soon as I decided to approach you when I saw you next you stopped coming." He looked saddened. Emily needed to look anywhere but at him. So, she chose to look at the stack of papers in her hand. The topmost paper was a map. It had the dotted red line of a route on it and several Xs with strange names on them. Her vision grew hazy for a moment. Her head began to hurt. She leaned against the desk to support herself during her dizzy spell. After a few moments, her vision cleared and she was able to stand. Emily shrugged off the strange feeling and then put the maps neatly on Allabandar's desk but not before she saw Allabandar gawking at her. "Emily are you alright?" "Sir I am sorry did I do something wrong." She asked sheepishly feeling ashamed of her momentary weakness. "No Emily but you just looked like you were about to faint." He said worried he crossed the room quickly concern etching his face. "No, I am fine really. I just did not sleep well last night and I missed breakfast." Shrugging she continued her work. "Maybe you should go to the infirmary?" He said nervously. "No sir, really I am fine, honest." She said reassuring him. "Please do not call me sir Emmy. Call me Bandie. It is what my closest friends call me." "Sorry sir, I cannot do that." She said. "I am your servant I do not believe it is best for me to confuse that with friendship." She hated the words as they left her mouth but she knew them to be true. She had no right to believe otherwise. "Alright Emily, call me Allabandar then?" He said hopefully. "Allabandar." She said testing his first name on her lips. It felt terribly clandestine to be calling him by his first name. He smiled. "That is much better I like that. Do you mind if I call you Emmy?" "Sir, you are my boss it is your right to call me by any name you choose." He chuckled. "Sorry Allabandar, this will take some getting used to." She said smiling.
***Thank you again for reading. Please do not forget to comment***

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by Smooth278(m): 3:31pm On May 02, 2018
this is a great story man... enjoying every bit of it... can't wait for the next update
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by AceRoyal: 3:41pm On May 04, 2018
Good job Op, patiently waiting for more updates....
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 7:10pm On May 04, 2018
"I look at you and I'm home. I see nothing worse than to be without you because with you my soul feels complete, you are the other half of me and I love you. You are my home no matter where that is."--Unknown
Their arrival within the veil was a blur. How they got there was a bumpy hazy memory. Clouded with pain and fear. Aly was oblivious to the moment they crossed the magical barrier of the veil. She cared not for the hustle and bustle of these wispy Elven strangers. Her eyes locked on her elf limply dangling over Aria's neck. His silver hair hiding his unconscious eyes. A group of skinny ethereal people fussed about him and his horse. Roxanne hissed at the intrusion but jumped away allowing the spindly hands to take him. Alyenna tumbled off of her mount desperate to get to her friend. She landed hard on her injured ankle. Gasping she stumbled and rose desperately to stand. She ignored the crippling pain of her shattered ankle. That ludicrous injury got in the way of her saving her friend. It kept her from fighting. It had interfered enough. Enough was enough she refused to allow the pain to get the best of her now. Broken bones could wait. Her friend was dying. She struggled to force her way through the crowd so she could check his breathing. She had been keeping count as they rode feverishly toward the veil. Aagi kept trying to distract her from Baellnar's lifeless form but it did not work. She forced her way through the sea of strangers. She grabbed Baellnar's limp hand. Holding as tightly as she could. She desperately counted his slow shallow breathing. One, two, Three . . . Hands were grabbing at her trying to tear her away from her friend. "Leave me alone!" She howled in pain and fury. She swatted at them. Refusing to let go. She felt fingers prying their hands apart and she flailed desperately trying to retain her grip. She reached out to him in a vain attempt to touch him one last time. Instead, she was dragged away from him. She thrashed as she watched his body being carried off into the distance. *** Sometime later after she had been forcibly bathed, dressed, and bandaged. She hobbled through the elven infirmary building. Despite multiple reassurances he was okay and healing quickly, she did not care. She had to see for herself. Aly shambled through barren halls. She past silent white cloaked elven figures. She was lost but that did not matter she could search all night if that is what it took. psssst a strange feminine voice whispered grabbing her hand. Shocked she stared into the cloak of the figure who assaulted her. She was greeted by a plume of fiery red hair. She tried to break the grip but the girl's hand on hers was surprisingly strong. "Shut up, I am taking you to your friend you ungrateful brat." Aly stopped struggling and obediently followed this strange girl around the hallways of the infirmary. "Who are you?" She whispered. "Names Celeste!" She turned to face Aly beaming. This time Aly caught the site of bright sparkling emerald eyes cloaked in long luxurious lashes. Celeste then spun around and continued to drag Aly through the hallways and then stopped in front of a nondescript door. "Why are you helping me?" Aly asked. "Cause that little show out there earlier was pathetic enough that I pitied you. then seeing you hobble around her like a lost ghost . . . Anyway you needed help, so I helped." Celeste said matter of factly and shrugged.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. / Dreams Could Come True By Tiffany J / Wallahi-sam!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 325
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.