Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections (24672 Views)

Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass / Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections / Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by drey076(m): 7:06am On Apr 15, 2018
LMAyedun:
I am here to test Bubu's popularity.

Like for Donald Duke
Share for Buhari
No they test popularity on Nairaland, go n get ur PVC to boot out that clueless man

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by seguno2: 7:11am On Apr 15, 2018
fasterwell:
Those who are to be sworn in first should be the ones to be elected first.

But when are these criminalmakers going to sponsor a bill to reduce their salaries and allowances?

Get real bro.
Have you ever asked your employers to reduce your salary and allowances?
If you have not, why do you expect them to?
Do you think that you are wise and that they are foolish?
When Nigerians are ready, we will not only protest until they reduce their salaries and allowances, we will also protest until the food budget, clinic budget and other corruptly bloated budget by Buhari are reduced.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!

4 Likes

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by seguno2: 7:12am On Apr 15, 2018
LMAyedun:

Like for Donald Duke
Share for Buhari

The real test is for those who have their PVCs.
Do you have your own PVC

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by seguno2: 7:13am On Apr 15, 2018
nabegibeg:
money don change hands sharp sharp

From where to where?
Please explain. Thanks

1 Like

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by AODT(m): 7:14am On Apr 15, 2018
They should keep shifting the goal post until they win. And some people still think its the right thing to do. What a pity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by Afamed: 7:14am On Apr 15, 2018
seguno2:

Should the budget have been submitted in November, only one month to the end of the year with Christmas and New Year holidays coming up?
Stop blaming others for Buhari’s incompetence.
Deal with the problem at the source. Thanks
And I guess Jan till now still remain Christmas days?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by seguno2: 7:15am On Apr 15, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
This is just a waste of time because in the end its INEC that has the final say. They should focus on more pressing issues

Is INEC above the law?
Or are you encouraging INEC to be lawless?

3 Likes

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by seguno2: 7:18am On Apr 15, 2018
junbi:
I really don't understand this reordering stuff undecided

How does reordering favour the senators and not the presidency, can anyone help

Infact which of the orders favours the masses

Thanks.

None of the orders favour the masses except they first have their PVCs.
Do you have your own PVC
Otherwise the godfathers and area fathers will continue to ruin you with cabals. Do you want that?

3 Likes

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by SternProphet: 7:19am On Apr 15, 2018
seguno2:

Is INEC above the law?

The NASS does not have this power. They are flouting the law. When NASS flouts the law, they give unprecedented power to the Executive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by Afamed: 7:20am On Apr 15, 2018
seguno2:

Is INEC above the law?
It is difficult to argue with people like you, simply because you don't even know what the Nigeria law / constitution says about who and who to fix Election time table.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by jaido09: 7:20am On Apr 15, 2018
junbi:
I really don't understand this reordering stuff undecided

Thanks.
May God bless you and all your prayers be answered for that last question. It’s all about them (politicians). They don’t give a hoot as long as they are re-elected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by seguno2: 7:21am On Apr 15, 2018
SternProphet:
The NASS does not have this power. They are flouting the law. When NASS flouts the law, they give unprecedented power to the Executive.

Do you mean that the NASS does not have any power to make and amend laws or what exactly are you saying?

1 Like

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by Adesolomon2014(m): 7:22am On Apr 15, 2018
jospepper:
Whatsoever will assist Buhari s return to Daura is accepted.

Do U tink this will only affect buhari alone, der are generations to come. This pple are of high selfishness plus greedy to very extent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by Afamed: 7:22am On Apr 15, 2018
SternProphet:

Ignore him, his duty is just to rant everywhere on Nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by alen4smith(m): 7:23am On Apr 15, 2018
Fuckyoumod:
We must all support and commend this current Senate... They have refused to be Buhari's ass-lickers.

for this reason Saraki's led Senate has earned my respect.

Buhari must be fought in all direction.

They are law makers, they can make and amend any law in this country as long as the (two third majority is gotten) even the court knows that!

it is a journey to no where why wasting legislative time on issues outside their jurisdiction?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by seguno2: 7:25am On Apr 15, 2018
jaido09:
May God bless you and all your prayers be answered for that last question. It’s all about them (politicians). They don’t give a hoot as long as they are re-elected.

Why should anyone give a hoot about people who have voluntarily decided to be inconsequential?
Do you even have a PVC? How many of your friends and family have their own PVCs?
So if you have nothing to contribute to the political process, please tell us why should anyone give a hoot about you and people like you
Ayam not understanding.
Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by Minjim: 7:25am On Apr 15, 2018
It's now obvious that these legislature are at the NA only to massage their greed.

Was it Buhari that ordered the sequence of the 2015 elections?
Why are concern frivolities when the amendment of Consumer Protection Rights has not been touch since their inauguration?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by Afamed: 7:26am On Apr 15, 2018
seguno2:

Do you mean that the NASS does not have any power to make and amend laws or what exactly are you saying?
They have power to make laws but not when it comes to electoral matter. The power to do that majorly lies with INEC. Don't always just into conclusion. Always educate yourself before commenting on every issue on Nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by Adesolomon2014(m): 7:26am On Apr 15, 2018
seguno2:

Get real bro.
When Nigerians are ready, we will not only protest until they reduce their salaries and allowances, we will also protest until the food budget, clinic budget and other corruptly bloated budget by Buhari are reduced.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!

Abeg summarize wat u jus wrote cus i dnt understand shit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by seguno2: 7:26am On Apr 15, 2018
alen4smith:
it is a journey to no where why wasting legislative time on issues outside their jurisdiction?

Please what legislative matter is outside the jurisdiction of our lawmakers in the NASS?
What is your reference? Thanks

1 Like

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by seguno2: 7:28am On Apr 15, 2018
Afamed:

They have power to make laws but not when it comes to electoral matter. The power to do that majorly lies with INEC. Don't always just into conclusion. Always educate yourself before commenting on every issue on Nairaland.

Please educate me on the reference for limiting the legislative matters that our lawmakers can work on.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by seguno2: 7:31am On Apr 15, 2018
Minjim:
It's now obvious that these legislature are at the NA only to massage their greed.

Was it Buhari that ordered the sequence of the 2015 elections?
Why are concern frivolities when the amendment of Consumer Protection Rights has not been touch since their inauguration?

There was a different, more people-oriented election order in 1979, which made public servants more accountable to the masses instead of hiding behind the president.
We should all be rooting for a return to common sense.

1 Like

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by seguno2: 7:33am On Apr 15, 2018
Afamed:

It is difficult to argue with people like you, simply because you don't even know what the Nigeria law / constitution says about who and who to fix Election time table.

You really don’t have to argue anything.
Just show the place where the constitution says that. Easy, not so

1 Like

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by fasterwell(m): 7:41am On Apr 15, 2018
seguno2:

Get real bro.

What about the illegal milions of naira the senators receives every month?

I will not condemn Buhari because the so called constitution is a huge joke because from Obj to GEJ and now Buhari all had crazy budgets for feeding, utensils, clinic etc. So, i don't see the reason to condemn Buhari when others did worst.

I AM NOT APC, PDP OR ANY POLITICAL PARTY SUPPORTER, I AM A NIGERIAN AND I SUPPORT ONLY NIGERIA.

AGAIN IT WILL A WISE THING TO SUFFER TODAY WHILE SAVING FOR THE FUTURE THAN TO EAT AND ENJOY TODAY AND PERISH TOMORROW.

THE REAL MONUMENTAL ERROR WAS GEJ AND NOT BUHARI

GEJ REGIME

1. OIL PRICE WAS $100+ /PER BARREL.
2.DAILY OUTPUT SURGED UP TO 4 MILION BARRELS PER DAY.
3.GEJ DIDN'T SAVE A DINE BUT WASTED THE ONES OTHERS SAVED.
4. GEJ STILL BORROWED TO PAY SALARIES

Before you crucify Buhari, consider the above and the situations he met when he took over

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by gerald09(m): 7:42am On Apr 15, 2018
[quote autfhor=junbi post=66720074]I really don't understand this reordering stuff undecided

if you permit me I'll guess, if the governorship cum first (phrasing) it will indirectly affect federal houses cos some state governors influences that and that in turn influence the presidency. So am think the masses now need to get their states ryt den we watch the ripple effects.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by seguno2: 7:50am On Apr 15, 2018
fasterwell:
What about the illegal milions of naira the senators receives every month?

I will not condemn Buhari because the so called constitution is a huge joke because from Obj to GEJ and now Buhari all had crazy budgets for feeding, utensils, clinic etc. So, i don't see the reason to condemn Buhari when others did worst.

I AM NOT APC, PDP OR ANY POLITICAL PARTY SUPPORTER, I AM A NIGERIAN AND I SUPPORT ONLY NIGERIA.

AGAIN IT WILL A WISE THING TO SUFFER TODAY WHILE SAVING FOR THE FUTURE THAN TO EAT AND ENJOY TODAY AND PERISH TOMORROW.

THE REAL MONUMENTAL ERROR WAS GEJ AND NOT BUHARI

GEJ REGIME

1. OIL PRICE WAS $100+ /PER BARREL.
2.DAILY OUTPUT SURGED UP TO 4 MILION BARRELS PER DAY.
3.GEJ DIDN'T SAVE A DINE BUT WASTED THE ONES OTHERS SAVED.
4. GEJ STILL BORROWED TO PAY SALARIES

Before you crucify Buhari, consider the above and the situations he met when he took over

1) What is illegal in the lawmakers receiving money that was budgeted just like the bogus budgets of Buhari’s Aso Rock clinic, food, kitchen utensils, fumigation etc?
2) There is nothing to be considered in your above lies.

1 Like

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by grandstar(m): 7:51am On Apr 15, 2018
LMAyedun:

Like for Donald Duke
Share for Buhari

Duke can never ever get there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by pedrilo: 7:52am On Apr 15, 2018
Making laws to please govs and not the Nigerian people amounts to an exercise in futility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by GoodGovernance: 7:58am On Apr 15, 2018
Fuckyoumod:
We must all support and commend this current Senate... They have refused to be Buhari's ass-lickers.

for this reason Saraki's led Senate has earned my respect.

Buhari must be fought in all direction.

They are lawmakers, they can make and amend any law in this country as long as the (two third majority is met) even the court knows this!

MIsguided commentary.

Lagos is working because the State house of assembly is always on the same page with the executive.

It is a misguided thought to believe the more ''independent'' the senate is,the better for the country.Rubbish!Absolute hog wash!!

A party is voted into power to execute its manifesto and programmes.For successful execution,Majority of legislators and executives,of the same party, must be on the same page and support the excutives led by the president to remain in power.

Most antagonism should come from the opposition party,not from members of the same party

The country cannever move forwaRD with frequent antagonism from members of the same party,except in cases of corruption ,insecurity ,impeachable offences,criminality,constitutionality,etc.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by rusher14: 8:08am On Apr 15, 2018
seguno2:

Should the budget have been submitted in November, only one month to the end of the year with Christmas and New Year holidays coming up?
Stop blaming others for Buhari’s incompetence.
Deal with the problem at the source. Thanks

Are you Ok?

A budget was given to the house to deliberate upon 5 clear months ago and this childish excuse is all you can come up with?

Seun, you need to sanitize your forum.

1 Like

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by fasterwell(m): 8:12am On Apr 15, 2018
seguno2:

1) What is illegal in the lawmakers receiving money that was budgeted just like the bogus budgets of Buhari’s Aso Rock clinic, food, kitchen utensils, fumigation etc?
2) There is nothing to be considered in your above lies.

1. Senator Shehu Sani was the one who made it public about the 12 or 13 milion naira which senators get every month which is not their salaries, allowances or constituency projects.

So, you don't see anything wrong with it?

If there is nothing to consider in all i said earlier, then there is no need saying more because you won't still consider them because of your hatred for Buhari.

REMEMBER THAT THERE WAS A TIME GEJ BUDGETTED ABOUT 2 BILION FOR FEED AND LATER SENT A SUPPLIMENTARY FEEDING BUDGET TO NATIONAL ASSEMBLY FOR FEEDING.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Move To Placate Govs, National Assembly Revises Order Of Elections by seguno2: 8:13am On Apr 15, 2018
rusher14:
Are you Ok?

A budget was given to the house to deliberate upon 5 clear months ago and this childish excuse is all you can come up with?

Seun, you need to sanitize your forum.

Excuse?
I am only following Buhari’s example na grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Supporters Accept "Agbado" Tag, Campaign With It / Zahra Buhari At A Store Opening In Abuja / VAT Amendments: NBA, SANs Caution NASS, Fault FIRS Planned Revenue Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.