Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 (36175 Views)

Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (2 - 3) On 7th April 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
osazsky:
man u has not pass last 16 for year I can't even remember
Sorry, I meant how well did manu performed this season in champions league?
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by 1930revival(m): 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
obonujoker:
People go dey shout martial! martial! martial!... lol.. person wey no get end product...
The best player you guys have is not up to martial's dip in form...Wenger knows that very well.
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by osazsky(m): 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
greiboy:
Pep was only introduced to English football last season sir, Mou had previous experience in the league and finished below pep despite spending a huge amount of money.

Arsenal didn't spend much in all those years they didn't win anything. In fact, we sold our best players and replaced them with less talented players. Haven said that, Arsenal won something the first time they decided to spend big on Ozil and won something when they bought Sanchez.

Spurs are a small team with a small budget before the sales of Bale and subsequent qualification for champions league gave them the much needed fund to buy players. They also had the luck of getting the best out players like kane, harry Winks and Dele Ali. So you can compare with the big boys yet

Finally, I never said mou is a terrible coach. I merely said there's nothing worth celebrating in a win over a second rated arsenal side
gbam,I blame bravo who couldn't catch a pass and Clichy and sagna but pep has fixed it,mou doesn't know wat he needs ,expect him to sell a DM maybe matic and spend millions on grezman and lewandowski without fixing what he needs, u can't win d league with Valencia,young and fellani even if u have two ronaldos as strikers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:33pm On Apr 29, 2018
Chelsea go collect.

Mou is master of the kind of game Chelsea plays which is power play, he has even taught his team how to play it.

To add, man u team philosophy is their aerial strength. I mean the long, dead balls.
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by AndrewFarms(m): 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2018
osazsky:
this is d cup u and loserpool won 20 times we now how d EPL looks like now,Liverpool last won d EPL when my younger brother was given birth to,he is happily married now with 2,kids

buh the last time i check, livefool is likely to participate in its third champions league final in 13years while you guys are still day-dreaming how your first semi-final will look like.....

like i said, surpass the small boys before you start dreaming about hanging out with the cool kids.....

Drew Out.....
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by osazsky(m): 7:39pm On Apr 29, 2018
AndrewFarms:

buh the last time i check, livefool is likely to participate in its third champions league final in 13years while you guys are still day-dreaming how your first semi-final will look like.....

like i said, surpass the small boys before you start dreaming about hanging out with the cool kids.....

Drew Out.....
we played a semi final against real Madrid during peligrini era,y has ur man u not progressed past last 16,ever since alex and haword Webb retired spits
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by Angelfrost(m): 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2018
greiboy:
Pep was only introduced to English football last season sir, Mou had previous experience in the league and finished below pep despite spending a huge amount of money.

Arsenal didn't spend much in all those years they didn't win anything. In fact, we sold our best players and replaced them with less talented players. Haven said that, Arsenal won something the first time they decided to spend big on Ozil and won something when they bought Sanchez.

Spurs are a small team with a small budget before the sales of Bale and subsequent qualification for champions league gave them the much needed fund to buy players. They also had the luck of getting the best out of players like kane, harry Winks and Dele Ali. So you can compare them with the big boys yet

Finally, I never said mou is a terrible coach. I merely said there's nothing worth celebrating in a win over a second rated arsenal side

You have made very good points. But, yet you still manage to miss the key fact. A player's monetary value is decided by the selling club (not the buying one), and that doesn't always translate to the expected quality. Man utd has spent so much because the can afford to, and other clubs would have done the same had they the means. My earlier point remains that football is never one way, regardless of the team quality or cost. Every team has the potential to do a "Leicester", as long as tactics are varied depending on the quality of the opponent.
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by BlackManta(m): 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2018
Angelfrost:

You guys talk as though football and coaching are as simple as ABC. If Arsenal could defend half as Burnley, they wouldn't lose or be sweating in 6th position. You think football is all about running round and tossing passes all over the field with fancy foot work. This is part of the reasons why Liverpool might remain trophyless for a long time to come under Klopp. Go back, and check how Leicester came from nowhere to win the exalted trophy.

Liverpool go win Champions League.
Na me talk am.
Write it down somewhere cheesy
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
Angelfrost:

You have made very good points. But, yet you still manage to miss the key fact. A player's monetary value is decided by the selling club (not the buying one), and that doesn't always translate to the expected quality. Man utd has spent so much because the can afford to, and other clubs would have done the same had they the means. My earlier point remains that football is never one way, regardless of the team quality or cost. Every team has the potential to do a "Leicester", as long as tactics are varied depending on the quality of the opponent.

@ Emboldened

My earlier point still stands as well, I expected a very expensive Manu lineup to play better against a second rated arsenal side.
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by AndrewFarms(m): 7:51pm On Apr 29, 2018
osazsky:
we played a semi final against real Madrid during peligrini era,y has ur man u not progressed past last 16,ever since alex and haword Webb retired spits

So you mean to tell me you guys have not progressd since the 2015/2016 season in terms of champions league football.....

so whats the essence of the record 1billion dollars in transfer fees.....

any english team can win the EPL buh can man shitty win the UCL.....

guys pls help me out on this one...

cc: proudlyngwa kyase and co
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by Angelfrost(m): 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2018
BlackManta:

Liverpool go win Champions League.
Na me talk am.
Write it down somewhere cheesy
My Oga, that is my earnest desire, and prayer for them o. Not a fan, but they have impressed me in no small measure this twilight of the season. As an African, I wish that and much more for Salah. And it will be a very welcome development for the world of football, that the dynamics be reversed for a change.
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by Angelfrost(m): 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
greiboy:

@ Emboldened

My earlier point still stands as well, I expected a very expensive Manu lineup to play better against a second rated arsenal side.

Dear Brother, why do continue to call an Arsenal side with a combined attack force worth 100milllion 2nd rate??! Even Everton cannot be called that. What would you then call Burnley??! Is Chelsea also 2nd rate??!
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by osazsky(m): 8:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
AndrewFarms:

So you mean to tell me you guys have not progressd since the 2015/2016 season in terms of champions league football.....

but since d sack of Ferguson and Webb u havnt won a major trophy,d EPL is more valuable in cash Dan d UCL , my question is this y pay 3 players 1m every week and fight to win a 4m cup ,d fa cup and d 10m cup Europa, mou must b a good biz man considering d fact DAT he has lived in a 5 star hotel for 3, year with man u paying d bills,pep bought a house immediately he came to city
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2018
Angelfrost:

Dear Brother, why do continue to call an Arsenal side with a combined attack force worth 100milllion 2nd rate??! Even Everton cannot be called that. What would you then call Burnley??! Is Chelsea also 2nd rate??!
You mean a player that is playing his sixth game can be compared with the likes of Sanchez and pogba ? or the teenage prodi you bought from PSG at a huge amount? or the likes of Matic and Herrera in the middle? need I go on

The most expensive arsenal player on the field was playing in his Sixth game in English football.

I don't understand your bases for comparisons here

A second rated arsenal side simply means a Arsenal side that doesn't consist of first team regulars.
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2018
AndrewFarms:

Man City will buy the champions league not win it.
Why are you bothering yourself with banter from man City fans.
I remember when a Liverpool fan told me, when you get to 18 come back and talk.
For now when city gets to ten, they can come back and talk.
Am more bothered about Leeds United than Manchester City.
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by osazsky(m): 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2018
would love Liverpool to win d UCL so DAT mou would b put to shame, in all his press conference city spent more,mumu,,, how much did Liverpool spent to get to the final,d salah and de bryne u rejected are now doing wonders, no team management and I also pray Chelsea get d fa cup,it will b my happiest season ever,,,considering he talks too much
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by osazsky(m): 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

leads that is not in d EPL, I pray dey gain promotion and watch mou park d bus against them and wolves,,, even west brown he tried to park d bus but at d last moment Rodriguez did d magic,
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
osazsky:
leads that is not in d EPL, I pray dey gain promotion and watch mou back d bus against them and wolves
Yeah, that is to show you, how I don't rate City.
Leeds is more of a threat to the prestige of United than City.
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by AndrewFarms(m): 8:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
osazsky:
but since d sack of Ferguson and Webb u havnt won a major trophy,d EPL is more valuable in cash Dan d UCL , my question is this y pay 3 players 1m every week and fight to win a 4m cup ,d fa cup and d 10m cup Europa, mou must b a good biz man considering d fact DAT he has lived in a 5 star hotel for 3, year with man u paying d bills,pep bought a house immediately he came to city

Since when did you become a club financial officer.....

first solve the 1billon dollar scam happening in your club before you move to mine.....

besides mr financial officer, we are yet to see your team annual report.
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by AndrewFarms(m): 8:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Just kuku kee them nah...

@osazsky be crying right now like that guy in romans chapter 3 meme after d 3rd goal.
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by osazsky(m): 8:20pm On Apr 29, 2018
AndrewFarms:

Since when did you become a club financial officer.....

first solve the 1billon dollar scam happening in your club before you move to mine.....

besides mr financial officer, we are yet to see your team annual report.
yeah d club with d highest debt in history ,glazzers are scams, dey run the club on debt and also considering d fact DAT u paid pogba agent 50m as bribe which u termed compensation ,for him to allow pogba chose united, u paid 89m to juve for an average player u sold to them for less than 2m, who does that,FFP loading,man u trending towards the path of malaga google is ur friend, city have been making profit and has break- even ,we debt free yes I said it

Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by AndrewFarms(m): 8:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Yeah, that is to show you, how I don't rate City.
Leeds is more of a threat to the prestige of United than City.

How Many Points Did They Gain Out Of a possible 6 from us this season cus am sure leeds, blackburn and wigan could have done better.....
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by osazsky(m): 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2018
AndrewFarms:

@osazsky be crying right now like that guy in romans chapter 3 meme after d 3rd goal.
all I know man u will never win d EPL or UCL again until Webb's son decides to chose football officiating as a career but he choose to be a chef,I pray his son is never given a whistle
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by Angelfrost(m): 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2018
osazsky:
would love Liverpool to win d UCL so DAT mou would b put to shame, in all his press conference city spent more,mumu,,, how much did Liverpool spent to get to the final,d salah and de bryne u rejected are now doing wonders, no team management and I also pray Chelsea get d fa cup,it will b my happiest season ever,,,considering he talks too much

Now I understand your frustration/issue is with Mourinho (One of the most successful managers ever to be involved in football). My good Sir, lose the unhealthy hatred. All Man Utd fans, including those that perpetually hate mourinho, cannot but accept that he has made United a lot better. Man United has never been this good since the legend retired. Whether they win the FA cup or not, United will only get better as seasons go by. The 2 amazing comebacks they did this season alone is testament to that. If Mourinho can permanently sort out the defense, and use better and more daring attack formations/game plans, they will dominate England again.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by osazsky(m): 8:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
Angelfrost:

Now I understand your frustration/issue is with Mourinho (One of the most successful managers ever to be involved in football). My good Sir, lose the unhealthy hatred. All Man Utd fans, including those that perpetually hate mourinho, cannot but accept that he has made United a lot better. Man United has never been this good since the legend retired. Whether they win the FA cup or not, United will only get better as seasons go by. The 2 amazing comebacks they did this season alone is testament to that. If Mourinho can permanently sort out the defense, and use better and more daring attack formations/game plans, they will dominate England again.
I don't c him wining any cup next season excepts its a tea cup or golden sex doll
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:28pm On Apr 29, 2018
AndrewFarms:

My brother leave all these so called City fans, if you check well, their football journey started from either Liverpool or arsenal, migrated to Barcelona, then accompanied pep to man City

Man City that just came back from relegation this side of the millennium

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
AndrewFarms:

How Many Points Did They Gain Out Of a possible 6 from us this season cus am sure leeds, blackburn and wigan could have done better.....

Let them address their empty stadiums first.
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by AndrewFarms(m): 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
osazsky:
yeah d club with d highest debt in history ,glazzers are scams, dey run the club on debt and also considering d fact DAT u paid pogba agent 50m as bribe which u termed compensation for him to allow pogba chose united, u paid 89m to juve for an average player u sold to them for less than 2m, who does that,FFP loading,man u trending to the path of malaga google is ur friend

Yes i agree he bought the club through bank loan just as any business tycoon would do but do you know that if the club were to be sold tonight they will still make profit of a hair over a billion based on forbes valuation.....

can man shitty even be sold for a billion dollars so that the owner can at least go home with the said amount spent in investment just to win the UCL.....
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by osazsky(m): 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

My brother leave all these so called City fans, if you check well, their football journey started from either Liverpool or arsenal, migrated to Barcelona, then accompanied pep to man City

history teacher are u sure ur present squared can beat Leeds or Nottingham who are on top form this season, no need to mention wolves considering d fact dat dey gained promotion Dis year,even d Huddersfield dat gained Promotion last year u tried to pack d bus against them but dem knack u 2
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by AndrewFarms(m): 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
osazsky:
all I know man u will never win d EPL or UCL again until Webb's son decides to chose football officiating as a career but he choose to be a chef,I pray his son is never given a whistle

Is that you raising the white flag.....

you came as a boy for a man's fight
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by Angelfrost(m): 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
AndrewFarms:

Yes i agree he bought the club through bank loan just as any business tycoon would do but do you know that if the club were to be sold tonight they will still make profit of a hair over a billion based on forbes valuation.....

can man shitty even be sold for a billion dollars so that the owner can at least go home with the said amount spent in investment just to win the UCL.....

Guy Abeg na. You want to confuse the Fanboy with facts way beyond his reasoning.
Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 by AndrewFarms(m): 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

I need to give him some spanking so that he will know that a ball-boy's job is different from that of a footballer

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 / Atletic Bilbao Vs Barcelona: Copa Del Rey (1 - 3) On 30th May 2015 / Carabao Cup: Bristol City Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 20th December 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.