Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,154 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" (29562 Views)

Binta Masi Garba Ordained A Pastor At International Praise Chapel, Yola / Tumba Garba, Senator Binta's Father Speaks: I Didn't Burn Her House / Why Herdsmen Burnt My Farm – Olu Falae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" by Makschinchin: 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2018
Earthbound:
Which bloody property did you have in primary school? You're lucky he didn't burn you like Jephthah burnt his daughter.

Oya, wetin come bring Jephthah for this matter na
Re: Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" by Makschinchin: 9:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
WotzupNG:
Jephthah didn't burn his daughter.

Btw, how come you are not condemning what her father did? Are you in support because you are also...?

Adekdammy:

Jephthah never burnt his daughter, instead she remained single as a virgin

He did. He offered her up as a burnt offering to God just as he has vowed to Him. @Earthbound is right. Read Judges 11 from verse 31 for more clarification on this. I supposed you should have made this clarification with your Bible before contradicting what he said.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" by Makschinchin: 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
IgbosAreOsus:

Some people are just miserable dolts
They have not removed the log in their eyes yet...

SEE THE LAWS JESUS CAME TO FULFILL
Exodus 21:15
“Whoever strikes his father or his mother shall be put to death.

Kill People Who Don’t Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

My dear, the issue is this; how many Christians have you seen causing mayhem or death to those who went after other religions or all you mentioned from the Bible quotes?? How many have you seen or heard about that killed someone/others for rejecting Christianity?? Those were the Mosaic laws and if you read those chapters deeper, you'll know it's not what you claim it is. Christians today are Christ followers and follow strictly what Christ commanded and still commands. That's why you can never hear of someone being killed because he/she rejected Christianity or disbelieved in God or whatever..

Mind you, get your facts right before claiming that Jesus came to fulfil what you know little or nothing about

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" by Makschinchin: 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
Adekdammy:

the book of judges 11:30-31

30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”

understand the place of whatever, will be the Lord's and also sacrifice as a burnt offering.

if an animal had come out, then it would had been used as a burnt offering but since a human being came out who was his daughter, becomes the Lord's, meaning she would never marry but offered to the Lord' service for the rest of her life.

Please stop interpreting the Bible wrongly na.. this one is too obvious na.. please read the passage and also read some other versions of the Bible.. The passage is clear enough, burnt offering is burnt offering and the vow he made is clear enough.. if it had been otherwise, it would have been stated..

Bros, abeg which Church you dey go
Re: Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" by Makschinchin: 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2018
Adekdammy:

the book of judges 11:30-31

30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”

understand the place of whatever, will be the Lord's and also sacrifice as a burnt offering.

if an animal had come out, then it would had been used as a burnt offering but since a human being came out who was his daughter, becomes the Lord's, meaning she would never marry but offered to the Lord' service for the rest of her life.

Please stop interpreting the Bible wrongly na.. this one is too obvious na.. please read the passage and also read some other versions of the Bible.. The passage is clear enough, burnt offering is burnt offering and the vow he made is clear enough.. if it had been otherwise, it would have been stated.. Take Abraham and Isaac's case as another instance, Abraham was about sacrificing his only son to God before he was stopped by God's angel and a provision made in place of Isaac.

Re: Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" by Adekdammy: 11:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
Makschinchin:

Please stop interpreting the Bible wrongly na.. this one is too obvious na.. please read the passage and also read some other versions of the Bible.. The passage is clear enough, burnt offering is burnt offering and the vow he made is clear enough.. if it had been otherwise, it would have been stated.. Take Abraham and Isaac's case as another instance, Abraham was about sacrificing his only son to God before he was stopped by God's angel and a provision made in place of Isaac.

I am not interpreting the bible wrongly sir.

Use the scriptures to understand the scriptures.
Jephthah was a jew and he understood the laws of God, one of the law states that thou shall not kill, so would God had accepted such an offering from him?
Re: Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" by Makschinchin: 11:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
Adekdammy:

I am not interpreting the bible wrongly sir.

Use the scriptures to understand the scriptures.
Jephthah was a jew and he understood the laws of God, one of the law states that thou shall not kill, so would God had accepted such an offering from him?

I understand what you're trying to say. I wasn't there though, so I don't know what exactly happened. Verse 39 of that chapter still makes me believe that he offered her as burnt offering though.

Anyway, thank you for your time
Re: Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" by 1stola: 8:16am On Apr 20, 2018
Makschinchin:

My dear, the issue is this; how many Christians have you seen causing mayhem or death to those who went after other religions or all you mentioned from the Bible quotes?? How many have you seen or heard about that killed someone/others for rejecting Christianity?? Those were the Mosaic laws and if you read those chapters deeper, you'll know it's not what you claim it is. Christians today are Christ followers and follow strictly what Christ commanded and still commands. That's why you can never hear of someone being killed because he/she rejected Christianity or disbelieved in God or whatever..

Mind you, get your facts right before claiming that Jesus came to fulfil what you know little or nothing about

Thank you.
Did Jesus nit say that?
Re: Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2018
Makschinchin:

Thank you.
Shut up hypocrite
So you follow some laws and ignore some in the same Bible.
Hypocrite
Re: Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" by Makschinchin: 10:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
IgbosAreOsus:

Shut up hypocrite
So you follow some laws and ignore some in the same Bible.
Hypocrite

What's the purpose of Jesus's coming on earth sir?

I doubt you're a Christian though. Enough of the bashing please
Re: Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" by password990(m): 5:39am On Apr 26, 2018
Oreofepeters:

Do they kill people?

They are also known as Lord's Resistance ARMY, they widespread human rights violations, including murder, abduction, mutilation, child-sex slavery, and forcing children to participate in hostilities.

Since 2008, the LRA has killed more than 2,400 people and abducted more than 3,400, according to the US State Department
Re: Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" by Oreofepeters: 9:42am On Apr 26, 2018
password990:

They are also known as Lord's Resistance ARMY, they widespread human rights violations, including murder, abduction, mutilation, child-sex slavery, and forcing children to participate in hostilities.

Since 2008, the LRA has killed more than 2,400 people and abducted more than 3,400, according to the US State Department

Hardly believe this, first time I'm hearing it. Why is it not in the news?
Re: Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" by allcomage: 12:45pm On May 18, 2021
Christianity is light while Is.... is evil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Grace Bent Accuses Precious Chikwendu Of Lying Against Her / BIAFRA Vs Buratai: International Rights Group Release Evidence Against Army. / Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.