Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures (25196 Views)

A Nigerian Man's Business In South Africa In Pictures / Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger / Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Kobicove(m): 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
What kind of skinny jeans is that guy wearing? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Jokkarm2: 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
WHICH KIND ARMATURE JEAN TROUSER BI THIS? AS IS WE WAS GOING TO DANCE MICHAEL JACKSON

2 Likes

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Jethrolite(m): 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
prince3009:
Yudala merging just barely 2 years in operation?
Yudala is the hybrid online shopping arm of zinox group. The better word to use here is acquisition.

2 Likes

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Slymonster(m): 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
no more buying of phones on yudala. I don't need any fake merchant selling rubbish to me like on jumia and konga.
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Dirkcoyt: 4:43pm On Apr 16, 2018
Realdeals:
What some of these guys have working for them is the fund, they should work on evolving strategies that will work for their business based on their environment and stop mimicking others.

i wish i can give you things money cant buy for post! the reason buiness are failing in nigeria is we compare model of the oyinbos to ours knowing well we dont have the same economy nor purchasing power.

2 Likes

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by okerekeikpo: 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
Time to fucking leave jumia
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Dirkcoyt: 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Not bad at all I must say..Great move, now let's see how rugged Nigerian market forces and demons respond to this..With my experience with the Nigerian market I can only say it's one of the most unpredictable markets out there and no amount of planning or strategy can prepare you enough for the ogbanje forces that lay in wait

You're right baba. but people also fail by using foreign model for naija market neglecting the fact we don't have the same purchasing power. if your good is too expensive people wont buy. go to the market and see how people haggle for better price. for eery product you set a price for you must look can the average Nigerian buy because the average Nigerian is the real markets

i remember when their was hike in the country and dollar rate was rife. around 2016.

gala didn't increase the price of their product they rather reduce the quantity because they know once it pass 50naira people wont buy, because gala is not a main meal just snacks yo hold belle. they know if it pass 50naira those who sell in traffic wont be able to sell due to change difficulty . so purchasing power must be considered in setting market price that will favor both producer and consumer

5 Likes

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by toluxa1(m): 5:01pm On Apr 16, 2018
Now a family business. Konga was bought by Leo Stan Ekeh of Zinox and his Son owns Yudala. Been expecting this.

4 Likes

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Dirkcoyt: 5:01pm On Apr 16, 2018
Follygunners:
This logistics biz in 9ja are all joke. The nation isn't technologically and economically matured enough to adequately take up this type of operations. undecided

They're trying to operate a complex logistic business without implementing an effective strategy to adequately support their business model.

Their goal should be to first find a solution to the folks at the grass-root and local market women. cool

Foolish Africans. angry

Thank you! that is where buiness fail. tackle the grassroot. the average nigerian on the road. most of all this companies reason to elitist for a customers that are local.
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Skepticus: 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2018
Dirkcoyt:

You're right baba. but people also fail by using foreign model for naija market neglecting the fact we don't have the same purchasing power. if your good is too expensive people wont buy. go to the market and see how people haggle for better price. for eery product you set a price for you must look can the average Nigerian buy because the average Nigerian is the real markets

i remember when their was hike in the country and dollar rate was rife. around 2016.

gala didn't increase the price of their product they rather reduce the quantity because they know once it pass 50naira people wont buy, because gala is not a main meal just snacks yo hold belle. they know if it pass 50naira those who sell in traffic wont be able to sell due to change difficulty . so purchasing power must be considered in setting market price that will favor both producer and consumer

UAC are very smart and their presence from pre-Independence times has helped them fully adjust to the Nigerian market.

Most of their fellow competitors have closed shop since

4 Likes

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by madgoat(m): 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2018
Okoyeeboz:

Stop disgracing yourself and advertising your ignorance online.

Those are brogues. The prices of those 3 pairs of shoes would conveniently pay your way through a federal university.

Must you disgrace yourself in public! angry
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Dirkcoyt: 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2018
Skepticus:

UAC are very smart and their presence from pre-Independence times has helped them fully adjust to the Nigerian market.

Most of their fellow competitors have closed shop since

Sure, they've learnt from their defunct franchise like kingsway, leventis etc.

the people sustain the market and if the people income is low know the market will be low.

To get 1000naira a day is not a joke in nigeria, so if you product is not petrol that a motorist cant do without you must plan your product price inside that 1000naira. if your product exceed 1000 # a day then you need better model.

there is a reason soft drink sell pass maltina. cause maltina is elitist in price compare to pepsi

a hawker will have sold 3 pepsi ib traffic before he sells 1 maltina because pepsi na 100 , maltina na 150.

so i consumer will go for 100# pepsi and 50# gala before using same amount on maltuna . why buy maltina and gala for 200# when he can use that 200# to buy 2 wraps of fufu for 100# 50 # meat and purewater and still get change? or buy 100# bread and 50# beans and purewater and e go hold belle?

there is a reason hi-malt sells faster than maltina even in the malt market because hi- malt is 100 # maltina is 150#. the truth is tunde or eze on the street don't care about the quality of nothing malt wat he knows is that he's drinking malt

6 Likes

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Skepticus: 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2018
Dirkcoyt:

Sure, they've learnt from their defunct franchise like kingsway, leventis etc.

the people sustain the market and if the people income is low know the market will be low.

To get 1000naira a day is not a joke in nigeria, so if you product is not petrol that a motorist cant do without you must plan your product price inside that 1000naira. if your product exceed 1000 # a day then you need better model.

there is a reason soft drink sell pass maltina. cause maltina is elitist in price compare to pepsi

a hawker will have sold 3 pepsi ib traffic before he sells 1 maltina because pepsi na 100 , maltina na 150.

so i consumer will go for 100# pepsi and 50# gala before using same amount on maltuna . why buy maltina and gala for 200# when he can use that 200# to buy 2 wraps of fufu for 100# 50 # meat and purewater and still get change? or buy 100# bread and 50# beans and purewater and e go hold belle?

there is a reason hi-malt sells faster than maltina even in the malt market because hi- malt is 100 # maltina is 150#. the truth is tunde or eze on the street don't care about the quality of nothing malt wat he knows is that he's drinking malt

I was about making a reference to soft drinks before you beat me to it.

Even Pepsi and Coca Cola had to lower their prices (Coca Cola made a reduced content) so as not to lose their solid franchise at the start of the recession when the Bigi brand capitalized on their newly-increased price to hit the soft drink market with far cheaper alternatives. They were so popular among locals during my short stay at Port Novo

5 Likes

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Dirkcoyt: 5:33pm On Apr 16, 2018
Skepticus:

I was about making a reference to soft drinks before you beat me to it.

Even Pepsi and Coca Cola had to lower their prices (Coca Cola made a reduced content) so as not to lose their solid franchise at the start of the recession when the Bigi brand capitalized on their newly-increased price to hit the soft drink market with far cheaper alternatives. They were so popular among locals during my short stay at Port Novo

Not only port novo. when i was in the north. bigi cola everywhere . all my stay i didnt see pepsi or coke. we are to elitist in reason and we mostlt dont face reality .

I've currently desiged a model to solve a problem in an industry that so much need it. Its a billion dollar industry. i designed the model but desinging the software is my problem cause i will meedbto raise funds and most developers in naija no pass website design and all that.

I can easily announce it on twitter for investors but men! that is my gateway to wealth cant risk it in some poweryl people hand.

how did i solve the problem and design the model? i was able to know why people do it. cause they cant afford it yet they want to have a feel of it. baba make i no talk too much abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Ojuororun(m): 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
konga's price is too high jare...
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
big boys and big players in the house
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by systemz(m): 6:01pm On Apr 16, 2018
thoollz:
Wow.
Serious competition for Jumia. Jumia wey no good before sef. Konga ti take over.
Wetin do Jumia oga? undecided
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by debaj10: 6:10pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ojuororun:
konga's price is too high jare...
the merger will have 2 likely effects.
procurement cost reduction (thru increased bulk purchase volumes, merged warehousing), leading to reduction in repeat orders.

overhead reduction (adverts, logistics, rent, staff, etc).

both shoyuld lead to reduced price.
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Skepticus: 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
Dirkcoyt:

Not only port novo. when i was in the north. bigi cola everywhere . all my stay i didnt see pepsi or coke. we are to elitist in reason and we mostlt dont face reality .

I've currently desiged a model to solve a problem in an industry that so much need it. Its a billion dollar industry. i designed the model but desinging the software is my problem cause i will meedbto raise funds and most developers in naija no pass website design and all that.

I can easily announce it on twitter for investors but men! that is my gateway to wealth cant risk it in some poweryl people hand.

how did i solve the problem and design the model? i was able to know why people do it. cause they cant afford it yet they want to have a feel of it. baba make i no talk too much abeg.

Good one.

Make a good deal out of your golden idea.
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by akum78: 9:04pm On Apr 16, 2018
I see ...
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Hungarriman: 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Not bad at all I must say..Great move, now let's see how rugged Nigerian market forces and demons respond to this..With my experience with the Nigerian market I can only say it's one of the most unpredictable markets out there and no amount of planning or strategy can prepare you enough for the ogbanje forces that lay in wait
Hahaha...Oga u dn blow my fuse ooo, but true true shaa, d Nigerian market can be demonic sometimes.
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by labi1977(m): 9:58pm On Apr 16, 2018
Follygunners:
This logistics biz in 9ja are all joke. The nation isn't technologically and economically matured enough to adequately take up this type of operations. undecided

They're trying to operate a complex logistic business without implementing an effective strategy to adequately support their business model.

Their goal should be to first find a solution to the folks at the grass-root and local market women. cool

Foolish Africans. angry

Nonsense , amazon did not make profit for ten years yet jeff bezos is the richest man in the world today, everyone should know e-commerce is a long-term game that's why I was worried when nigeria's e-commerce investors were looking for quick cash

The world looked at amazon then waiting for it to collapse exactly the same way you are commenting now but it didn't its rock solid today

If pioneers like jumia and konga don't try we will continue to be in the dark ages, they provide a very valuable service and they are busy if not profitable

Also if we follow your logic we would still have no mastercard no internet etc because nigeria is "not ready"

Even if a company like konga dies its logistics arm will likely continue running (kos logistics)

The truth is even if these companies don't survive the next generation of e-commerce companies will learn from them. where are myspace, hi5 n friendster today ?facebook learned from them and its striving

Honestly they have even made nipost get off their ass, today nipost seem 5 times better than they used to be and logistics services in nigeria are now maturing

konga 1.0 by foreign investors is already dead we are now watching konga 2.0 which is owned by nigerian investors who can give it some time. if zinox does it like bezos in time they may just get it right

1 Like

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by OBAGADAFFI: 9:59pm On Apr 16, 2018
I don't see any mergers here.

The owners if Yudala actually bought Konga 100% and they decid to use Konga brand name instead of Yudala.

Same why STB bought UBA,and decided to UBA had the official brand name.

1 Like

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Hungarriman: 10:12pm On Apr 16, 2018
labi1977:

Nonsense , amazon did not make money for ten years yet jeff bezos is the richest man in the world today, everyone should know e-commerce is a long-term game that's why I was worried when nigeria's e-commerce investors were looking for quick cash

The world looked at amazon then waiting for it to collapse exactly the same way you are commenting now but it didn't its rock solid today

If pioneers like jumia and konga don't try we will continue to be in the dark ages, they provide a very valuable service and they are busy if not profitable

Also if we follow your logic we would still have no mastercard no internet etc because nigeria is "not ready"

Even if a company like konga dies its logistics arm and will continue running, kos logistics

The truth is even if these companies don't survive the next generation of e-commerce companies will learn from them and succeed, where are myspace hi5 friendster today, facebook learn from them and its striving

Honestly they have even made nipost get off their ass, today nipost seem 5 times better than they used to be and logistics services in nigeria are now maturing

konga 1.0 buy foreign investors is already dead we are now watching konga 2.0 which is owned by nigerian investors who can give it some time if zinox does it like bezos in time they may just get it right
Truer words have never been spoken, but all these ecommerce guys in Nigeria seriously need to tinker with their business models to survive in this our bloody terrain. I had high hopes for Yuadala when they came with their online/offline model, but i still don't know what is doing them.
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by donqx: 11:47pm On Apr 16, 2018
are you aware that donald trumpt just accuse jeff of amazon so called billion of defrauding usps united states postal service hiding in the name of amazon .US kept financing under a deal and jeff is bossing up.

the top world eccomerce bosses are smarter than you think. alibaba is worst in china.
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by AJohnnasa(m): 11:47pm On Apr 16, 2018
Look beyond the merger. What people do not realise is that Zinox recently acquired Konga; and Zinox owns Yudala. grin
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Samogbo1(m): 12:15am On Apr 17, 2018
The Ekeh's dynasty on the rise...
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:42am On Apr 17, 2018
Hungarriman:
Truer words have never been spoken, but all these ecommerce guys in Nigeria seriously need to tinker with their business models to survive in this our bloody terrain. I had high hopes for Yuadala when they came with their online/offline model, but i still don't know what is doing them.
Actually yudala is doing quite well if you compare them to jumia. The only thing is that their inventory isn't as large since they dont allow third party sellers but they are making enough to sustain the business. It's not running at a loss like jumia is. Amazon didn't make any profit for 6 years but it wasn't running at a loss either.
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Revolva(m): 6:35am On Apr 17, 2018
dem merge dme no go reach jumia
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Hungarriman: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Actually yudala is doing quite well if you compare them to jumia. The only thing is that their inventory isn't as large since they dont allow third party sellers but they are making enough to sustain the business. It's not running at a loss like jumia is. Amazon didn't make any profit for 6 years but it wasn't running at a loss either.
Yeah, yudala seriously needs to increase their inventory. As for yudala not running at a loss i wonder how they are doing it, because most ecommerce companies initially run at a loss in order to grow it market share. Even amazon ran at a loss, before it became profitable.
Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:09am On Apr 17, 2018
Hungarriman:
Yeah, yudala seriously needs to increase their inventory. As for yudala not running at a loss i wonder how they are doing it, because most ecommerce companies initially run at a loss in order to grow it market share. Even amazon ran at a loss, before it became profitable.
Amazon never ran at a loss. Jeff bezos just kept on reinvesting all profits and the profit margins were low because he insisted on low prices. One of amazon's business models is to sell prices lower than their cost price so they can eliminate all competition and have a larger market share.

1 Like

Re: Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures by Hungarriman: 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Amazon never ran at a loss. Jeff bezos just kept on reinvesting all profits and the profit margins were low because he insisted on low prices. One of amazon's business models is to sell prices lower than their cost price so they can eliminate all competition and have a larger market share.
Amazon did lose money. You can google it. I have also added a screenshot.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model / We Are Working To Avert Further Naira Fall – CBN / Top Lucrative Fiverr Gigs You Should Sell In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.