Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Conchita Wurst Reveals He Has HIV - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Conchita Wurst Reveals He Has HIV (1763 Views)

Man In Deep Sorrow As DNA Reveals He Is Not The Father Of His 4 Kids (photos) / High Court Judge Weeps As DNA Reveals He’s Not Father Of Three Adult Children / Would You Be With Someone That Has Hiv?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conchita Wurst Reveals He Has HIV by tociano009(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2018
Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst has revealed he has been receiving regular treatment for HIV for several years. The Austrian singer said he was forced to share his diagnosis after being blackmailed by an ex-boyfriend.
Austrian Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst revealed in an Instagram post on Sunday that he had been receiving treatment for HIV for several years.

The 29-year-old singer said he had not intended to make the diagnosis public, but had been forced to do so because of threats from a former boyfriend.

"I have been HIV positive for many years," Wurst wrote on Instagram. "This is actually irrelevant to the public, but an ex-boyfriend has threatened to take this private information public and I will never give anyone the right to frighten me and influence my life because of it."
Wurst added that the virus was below the detectability threshold and could therefore no longer be passed on.

"I hope to give others courage and to take another step against the stigmatization of people who, through their own behavior or that of others, have become infected with HIV," Wurst said.
Wurst vows to continue performing as usual

Wurst, who is the alter ego of drag artist Tom Neuwirth, rose to fame after winning the 2014 Eurovision song contest with the song "Rise Like a Phoenix."

Wurst sought to reassure the public about his health, writing "I'm well and I'm stronger, more motivated and more liberated than ever. Thank you for your support!"

The singer is scheduled to host the "Amadeus Austrian Music Awards" and is also working with the Vienna Symphony Orchestra on a new album entitled "From Vienna with Love," due out in October.

http://www.dw.com/en/eurovision-winner-conchita-wurst-reveals-he-has-hiv/a-43399959
cc:lalastica

Re: Conchita Wurst Reveals He Has HIV by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
I reserve my comment. lipsrsealed
Re: Conchita Wurst Reveals He Has HIV by abdeiz(m): 2:00am On Apr 17, 2018
Im confused
Is that a man or a woman or a transgender?

Well the world wanted liberal humanism so we got the full package
Re: Conchita Wurst Reveals He Has HIV by softprick: 2:04am On Apr 17, 2018
No surprise here
Re: Conchita Wurst Reveals He Has HIV by Originalsly: 3:45am On Apr 17, 2018
Hmmm.....I'm beginning to suspect the mod that rushed this to front page.
Re: Conchita Wurst Reveals He Has HIV by ansger: 10:48am On Apr 17, 2018
It is well... Really well
Re: Conchita Wurst Reveals He Has HIV by SoapQueen(f): 11:37am On Apr 17, 2018
bloody c***sucker. Good for you! Ntorr!

(1) (Reply)

Married Men Plz Fufill Ur Responsibilities Let Colleagues Rest / What's Wrong In A Woman Wanting Money? / Meet The New Nina And Miracle In The 2019 Big Brother Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.