Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB (678 Views)

Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die / Anybody That Jokes With Nigeria's Unity Has A Problem With Us - President Buhari / I Can't Vouch For Those Working For Buhari -- Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by 6Ebisco: 6:02pm On Apr 16, 2018
General Ibrahim Babangida (rtd.), former military president, on Sunday said he would support any group with a template that will ensure unity and stability of Nigeria.

Babangida spoke when he received the new Northern Leaders and Stakeholders Assembly (NLSA) led by Tanko Yakasai.

According to the former military head of state, politics is all about togetherness and not about bitterness against any segment of the society.

While aligning himself with the group and what it stands for, the man popularly known as IBB urged the members to interact with politicians across the regions of the country, irrespective of religious inclinations or political party affiliations, because “they (politicians) know what they need.”

Babangida said: “Anything within the context of one Nigeria is noble. I will support and bless what you are doing, but be sure you are fair in your dealings with Nigerians.

“This move has answered my questions and put away my worries about the essence of one Nigeria. The Assembly will go a long way in cementing the unity of the North and indeed Nigeria.”

Yakasai, chairman of NLSA, had earlier told the former Nigerian leader that the Assembly’s mission was to promote unity among the country’s cultural and political divides in the Northern region.

He said: “This Assembly is political but non-partisan. It is political in the sense that the door is open to all Northerners, irrespective of their ethnicity, differences of religious and political belief or sectional background.

“Although the idea to form this body has come when our country is approaching general elections, the formation of the organisation has nothing to do with the elections. We are aiming at something far beyond this year’s electioneering.”

Yakasai further pointed out that the Assembly shall also not be an affiliate of any particular political party, ethnically-based group or religious body.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/i-will-support-those-working-for.html

Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
Buhari has lost all support just like GEJ before his defeat

It's inevitable

Atiku will be president
Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by Kyase(m): 6:11pm On Apr 16, 2018
lestat:
Buhari has lost all support just like GEJ before his defeat

It's inevitable

Atiku will be president
hahahahahha.
Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2018
Kyase:
hahahahahha.

Bro we all want the same thing, a enter country

Would you rather see buhari there ?
Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by Kyase(m): 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2018
lestat:

Bro we all want the same thing, a enter country

Would you rather see buhari there ?
yes
Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2018
Kyase:
yes

Okay I respect your opinion

But are you okay with the current economic disaster we are going through ? Are you okay with the high dollar exchange rates ?

Are you okay with the high cost of fuel which they claimed was icreased due to removal.of subsidy then the NNPC chairman let us know that not only are we still paying subsidy but at double the amount past governments paid ..

Are you okay pay higher for commodities in the market?

Are you okay with the massive job loss we are experiencing due to exit and cloimg down of several companies due to harsh economic conditions?
Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by chernest2002: 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2018
lestat:

But are you okay with the current economic disaster we are going through ? Are you okay with the high dollar exchange rates ?

Are you okay with the high cost of fuel which they claimed was icreased due to removal.of subsidy then the NNPC chairman let us know that not only are we still paying subsidy but at double the amount past governments paid ..

Are you okay with the massive job loss we are experiencing due to exit and cloimg down of several companies due to harsh economic conditions?
no am not ok.but muhari will finish the eight years.
Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by Kyase(m): 9:20pm On Apr 16, 2018
lestat:

if I'm to suffer now for my future generation to enjoy, then the answer is yes.
Buhari is not the president of the moment, he's more concern about the future.
Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by Fyno: 10:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
I think we should quit listening to this old senile solders, i spent one hour listening to his interwiew without understanding anything. all he kept saying was what happened during his time in the military. Evil Men
Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by Nobody: 5:26am On Apr 17, 2018
Kyase:
if I'm to suffer now for my future generation to enjoy, then the answer is yes.
Buhari is not the president of the moment, he's more concern about the future.

How can a president be concerned about the future when everything that's going on now is destroying that future ?

The $1 billion loan for fighting bokoharam which he truned around to grant amnesty who will repay it ?

Did you read anything I write earlier ?

Do you understand the implications of the massive corruption going on in this government will be felts for years to come ?
Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by Nobody: 5:29am On Apr 17, 2018
chernest2002:
no am not ok.but muhari will finish the eight years.

No he won't bro
Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:34am On Apr 17, 2018
I Will Support Kwankwaso or Atiku
Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by chernest2002: 6:57am On Apr 17, 2018
lestat:

No he won't bro
he must continue because some of his tribal and religious supporters are still with him, lets allow them to be satisfied of a failed dictator. We all are suffering it after all.
Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by Kyase(m): 7:28am On Apr 17, 2018
lestat:

How can a president be concerned about the future when everything that's going on now is destroying that future ?

The $1 billion loan for fighting bokoharam which he truned around to grant amnesty who will repay it ?

Did you read anything I write earlier ?

Do you understand the implications of the massive corruption going on in this government will be felts for years to come ?

OK I see were you are going, and I will stop replying you.
Re: I Will Support Those Working For Nigeria’s Unity, Stability – IBB by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 17, 2018
chernest2002:
he must continue because some of his tribal and religious supporters are still with him, lets allow them to be satisfied of a failed dictator. We all are suffering it after all.
grin

(1) (Reply)

See A High Court Judge's Opinion On Open Cattle Grazing In 1969 / Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $47.93 Billion / APC Imo Ward Congress Crisis My Stand - Mazi Ifeduba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.