Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos (2094 Views)

FUOYE: Another Eye Witness Her Experience / Devil Almost Blinded My Eye But God Spared My Life" - Beautiful Lady(photos) / An Eye Witness Report of Lagos-Ibadan Railway, Fagba Axis - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by ariesbull: 7:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
I was in a bus in Lagos today and a Yoruba man was playing this Islamic recitations loudly from his cheap phone and the Yoruba woman a Christian told him that he is disturbing him ...the next thing I heard was that why is she complaining is it because he ain't 0kaying davido or something

The Yoruba woman told him that he is disturbing her and this is Monday morning and she needs to be focused...the man was irritated ...and increased the Arabic recitations. It was such a funny but a symbolic event

At the end ....the other Yoruba folks told the man that he is disturbing everyone yet the man didn't reduce the Islamic prayer...he told every one that he is hearing preaching....we offered him an ear peace even I had to give him a Bluetooth earpiece..the Yoruba Muslim didn't agree

Then he stopped somewhere in ikeja Along or that national bustop by airport.

This has shown the level of tolerance that we have in Western Nigeria.....we must always understand that people needs privacy and concentration.

Do we really have this tolerance in Nigeria ?

The earlier we understand that we are Africans first before these foreign religions be it Christianity or Islam the better for us

1 Like

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by dyadeleye(m): 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2018
try doing the same in Katsina or Kano...play your Bola Are and 7am news aint going to be the same.

7 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by neonly: 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
Buhari has brought some much hate among us no one is ready to tolerate each other again
Buhari oya take

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by obonujoker(m): 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
Lol.... Try this in the North... grin

4 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by Ikwokrikwo: 8:21pm On Apr 16, 2018
A good Yoruba Muslim is a dead one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by Onechancearmy(m): 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
grin
Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by adem30: 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
But if a Christian start preaching from Obalende to Ajah, it won't be a disturbance to us. We are too hypocrite

11 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 8:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ikwokrikwo:
A good Yoruba Muslim is a dead one.

And a good Igbo Christian is a decayed Pig.

*My apologies to sensible good Igbo Christians.

@ OP. Truly, we need to imbibe the spirit of tolerance.

You know what the experience is in a public bus morning, hot afternoon and night hr when you are mentally exhausted and someone wouldn't let you concentrate all in the say of preaching and singing.

We need to learn how to respect people's quiet moments.

7 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 8:56pm On Apr 16, 2018
adem30:
But if a Christian start preaching from Obalende to Ajah, it won't be a disturbance to us. We are too hypocrite

That is the point.

They aren't comfortable with it either, but would rather prefer to remain mum so as not to be seen as the lucifer the disturbing preacher is talking about.

3 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by Cyynthialove(f): 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
Yorubba Muslimms are irredeemable, despite all their struggle... THEY WILL NEVER SIGHT THE MOON !!
Christian yorubas are in trouble, because these Islamic miscreantss are getting more dangerous day by day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by fatymore(f): 10:34pm On Apr 16, 2018
Christians are hypocrite... When your fellow Christians turn a public bus to church... Do praises and worship.. Preach... Pray and at the end collect offerings... He or she isn't aware he is disturbing others ooo.. You won't call it intolerance... A Muslim will never complain you are disturbing them.. I just hate it when they start calling Muslims extremist when in fact they are the one going to the extreme to disturb others..

11 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by Omololu2121: 11:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
fatymore:
[/b]Christians are hypocrite[b]... When your fellow Christians turn a public bus to church... Do praises and worship.. Preach... Pray and at the end collect offerings... He or she isn't aware he is disturbing others ooo.. You won't call it intolerance... A Muslim will never complain you are disturbing them.. [/b]I just hate it when they start calling Muslims extremist when in fact they are the one going to the extreme to disturb others..[b]
hope you will agree with me that Muslims are terrorist too because of ISIL,boko haram etc.

Christianity is better than Islam abeg,with the sort of nonsense Islamist terrorist are doing all over the world,you fit open your mouth dey talk nonsense.

Dumb girl dey carry religion matter for head like gala

If you like curse Christians and Jesus,nah you sabi,it's none of my business grin

Religion of peace indeed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by buhariguy(m): 11:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
neonly:
Buhari has brought some much hate among us no one is ready to tolerate each other again
Buhari oya take
back to sender.

back to idiotic pigs of Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by fatymore(f): 6:30am On Apr 17, 2018
Omololu2121:
hope you will agree with me that Muslims are terrorist too because of ISIL,boko haram etc.

Christianity is better than Islam abeg,with the sort of nonsense Islamist terrorist are doing all over the world,you fit open your mouth dey talk nonsense.

If you like curse Christians and Jesus,nah you sabi,it's none of my business grin

The dumb person is you... I attacked Christians not Christianity that's where you people always get it wrong. In as much we have bad Muslims, there are also bad Christians.. Why should i insult your faith or Jesus.. Why didn't you caution your fellow Christians that started this bashing up the thread. Can't you see, you are really what I call you... As you carry your religion for head, let me carry mine too.. Ewu.. Your level of hypocrisy is so alarming... When your fellow Christians were saying trash up there.. They didn't carry gala on their head cos I said what a typical Christian would do inside a public bus and I call you hypocrite, then I carry matter for head....

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by ariesbull: 6:58am On Apr 17, 2018
fatymore:

The dumb person is you... I attacked Christians not Christianity that's where you people always get it wrong. In as much we have bad Muslims, there are also bad Christians.. Why should i insult your faith or Jesus.. Why didn't you caution your fellow Christians that started this bashing up the thread. Can't you see, you are really what I call you... As you carry your religion for head, let me carry mine too.. Ewu.. Your level of hypocrisy is so alarming... When your fellow Christians were saying trash up there.. They didn't carry gala doe head point cos I said what a typical Christian would do inside a public bus and I call you hypocrite, then I carry matter for head....

The same thing we are saying

Black men fighting over foreign religions

When would we grow

1 Like

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 17, 2018
ariesbull:

The same thing we are saying

Black men fighting over foreign religions

When would we grow

I understand your frustrations Mr Igbo man.

I'm sure it's the same frustration your kith and kin feel all over Yoruba land.

You wake up everyday in the midst of the people you hate, yet you know you can't go back home because there's nothing for you in the east.

It must really suck to be you.

I'm sure you wake up every morning bitter about how peaceful and progressive Yoruba land is.

Hopefully one day you'll put a noose around your neck and end it.

1 Like

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by ariesbull: 7:18am On Apr 17, 2018
5thElement:

I understand your frustrations Mr Igbo man.

I'm sure it's the same frustration your kith and kin feel all over Yoruba land.

You wake up everyday in the midst of the people you hate, yet you know you can't go back home because there's nothing for you in the east.

It must really suck to be you.

I'm sure you wake up every morning bitter about how peaceful and progressive Yoruba land is.

Hopefully one day you'll put a noose around your neck and end it.

I am talking about foreign religions and African stupidity and this dude has taken it on Igbo Yoruba thing

This dude you are funny

Are more Islamic than Arabs...that hates blacks
Or are you more Christian than Rome that can't stand to see African pope

Oga Yoruba man....wake up

2 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 17, 2018
neonly:
Buhari oya take
back to sender aameen
Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 17, 2018
ariesbull:

[s]
I am talking about foreign religions and African stupidity and this dude has taken it on Igbo Yoruba thing

This dude you are funny

Are more Islamic than Arabs...that hates blacks
Or are you more Christian than Rome that can't stand to see African pope

Oga Yoruba man....wake up[/s]

Others may be fooled by you but I think we know the reason why you opened this thread.

You guys have half a brain, so yes, we can see right through your plot.

I know you from your former hateful speeches about the Yorubas.

Keep it up.

I hope your life is better now that you've opened this thread.

What amazes me is you guys shouting Yoruba Moslems yet fail to acknowledge that there are Igbo Moslems.
Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 17, 2018
Omololu2121:

you stoop this low
Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by ehinmowo: 7:27am On Apr 17, 2018
1. That a Christian does it doesn't make it right
2. Remove religious spkers in public places
3. Even in d midst of disagreement, the level of maturity still shows. If u try this in most parts of the north, the religious fanatics there will kill you (no mincing words)

When I was going frm Plateau to Kano last year, the driver stopped like three times to observe Islamic prayer. No notification, no apologies. Jst stopped at will goes down to pray, spend sometimes and enter was without a word of sorry.

Pple cn act foolishly, especially when they accept religion without sound knowledge
Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by Omololu2121: 7:29am On Apr 17, 2018
fatymore:

The dumb person is you... I attacked Christians not Christianity that's where you people always get it wrong. In as much we have bad Muslims, there are also bad Christians.. Why should i insult your faith or Jesus.. Why didn't you caution your fellow Christians that started this bashing up the thread. Can't you see, you are really what I call you... As you carry your religion for head, let me carry mine too.. Ewu.. Your level of hypocrisy is so alarming... When your fellow Christians were saying trash up there.. They didn't carry gala doe head point cos I said what a typical Christian would do inside a public bus and I call you hypocrite, then I carry matter for head....
and who told you I'm a Christian dumb girl grin

I don't care about all this foreign religion cause nah all scam.
Most of what is in the Bible is copied from the torah,most of what is in the Quran us copied from the Bible.

You're all confuse people, but believe me Islam is the worst,from Somali to Afghanistan, Afghanistan to Nigeria, Nigeria to Mali, Mali to Iraq this countries are feeling the heat from Islamic militant.

Kiss the truth grin

2 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by ariesbull: 7:30am On Apr 17, 2018
ehinmowo:
1. That a Christian does it doesn't make it right
2. Remove religious spkers in public places
3. Even in d midst of disagreement, the level of maturity still shows. If u try this in most parts of the north, the religious fanatics there will kill you (no mincing words)

That has been my take....the religion has made Africans basically stupid

They fight themselves because of religions ...the Muslims would contribute money to Saudi economy using Mecca

The Christians would boost the Israeli economy using pilgrimage

While the African economy is in tatters

Shame on us all Africans ...we are fĂșcked

1 Like

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by ariesbull: 7:32am On Apr 17, 2018
5thElement:

Others may be fooled by you but I think we know the reason why you opened this thread.

You guys have half a brain, so yes, we can see right through your plot.

I know you from your former hateful speeches about the Yorubas.

Keep it up.

I hope your life is better now that you've opened this thread.

What amazes me is you guys shouting Yoruba Moslems yet fail to acknowledge that there are Igbo Moslems.

Why are you pained.....I don't think you have a good grasp of what religions. Is doing ....looking at the emir of Yoruba land...look at the thing that transpired also in the bus....well I think I am done...it is for us to nip religious intolerant here unless

Yoruba becomes middle belt that blood families are torn apart and killed because of religions....

I am done here ..take it or leave it

Have a blessed day

1 Like

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by neonly: 7:37am On Apr 17, 2018
buhariguy:
back to sender.

back to idiotic pigs of Biafra

Am from Oyo state eruwa specifically i am in support of any govt that will make life better for it citizens
Oya take yur own
Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by Omololu2121: 7:38am On Apr 17, 2018
ariesbull:

Why are you pained.....I don't think you have a good grasp of what religions. Is doing ....looking at the emir of Yoruba land...look at the thing that transpired also in the bus....well I think I am done...it is for us to nip religious intolerant here unless

Yoruba becomes middle belt that blood families are torn apart and killed because of religions....

Have a blessed day
I don't understand how people will be fighting and defending their religion, some are even ready to kill for their god a good example is boko haram, fighting for allah

1 Like

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by ariesbull: 7:40am On Apr 17, 2018
Omololu2121:
I don't understand how people will be fighting and defending their religion, some are even ready to kill for their god a good example is boko haram, fighting for allah

The whole thing is crazy...the level of Gullibility and brainwashing has reached all time high

Me I don't send religions ...I look at humanity.

1 Like

Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by Omololu2121: 7:40am On Apr 17, 2018
bamidelee:

you stoop this low
mtcheww

Is there something I wrote that's a lie, you Christians and Muslims wahala too much.

But nah Muslims wahala plenty pass
Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 17, 2018
ariesbull:

Have a blessed day

Get lost. Leave the Yorubas alone and concentrate on the Igbo Moslems who are growing in number daily.

Don't believe me? Just type Igbo Moslems on Google search and educate yourself.

We don't need you to tell Yorubas who or what to worship.

Last I checked you lot are Jews.
Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by Omololu2121: 7:44am On Apr 17, 2018
ariesbull:

The whole thing is crazy...the level of Gullibility and brainwashing has reached all time high

Me I don't send religions ...I look at humanity.
this religion is a big scam,Nigerian's are so religious, yet this country is so backward than countries that you hardly find church and mosques like Norway, Denmark, Lichtenstein etc

The funny thing is that,most of what is in the bible was copied from the torah,most of what is in the Quran is copied from the bible, yet this people have a different way of worshiping and even go to war and fight each other.
Re: Religious Tolerance, My Eye Witness Account In Lagos by 1x2x3: 7:55am On Apr 17, 2018
Until you leave your physical body and move around places yon won't discover the truth. Religion is man made......once you discover the truth you won't need religion to be a good person.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Nigerians React As Atiku Emerges PDP Presidential Candidate / Atiku Responds To The Naming Of A Nigerian Politician As Minister In Canada / BREAKING: Court Sacks Chike Okafor From House Of Reps...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.