Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group (36136 Views)

Sagamu-Ogijo Road: A Look At One Of Nigeria's Worst Roads (Photos) / Muslim Group Seeks Withdrawal Of 'jonathan's N100 Note' From Circulation / Jonathan N100 Billion Allegation: You're A Liar - Fani-kayode Tells Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by holybabayo(m): 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2018
Why was not this letter written in Arabic? Why is he not addressing Nigeria in Arabic? When you speak English in Nigeria, you are speaking to all Nigerians. When you speak Arabic, you know who you are addressing.

Finally, What is the Language of Christianity? English? mumu dey for this world o.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Oreofepeters: 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
Islam and whahala are 5&6

Imagine that pedophile fighting over Arabic language. The language of your colonial masters(slave traders) imagine that Kain thing.

Is he not a fooltard? As am seeing

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Elin: 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
grin grin grin
Achimala Chiki Chiki Chiki grin grin grin grin
Sunnymatey:
To term the 100 naira centenary celebration note 'Jonathan's note' is the height of ignorance. Was it printed in Jonathan bedroom?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Truthcat: 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
If Yoruba don't make this man to disappear now, they will live to regret it.

I'm Yoruba Christian (though not been to church in 7yrs) and will never allow any other religion be on top of mine, and don't think there's any religion as good as true Christianity. It has always been mutual respect from both Christians and Muslims among Yoruba, with both sides with crazy people, but this Akintola and Oloyede are becoming problems.
emmasege:
This Ishaq Akintola is a fanatic and terrorist. The international community (particularly the western nations) had better watch out for this terrorist. His utterances and actions have always portrayed him as a terrorist and promoter of terrorism in the name of religion. I won't be surprised if his brother (Buhari) gives him a national assignment soonest just like he did to another fanatic who currently oversees JAMB.

ATTENTION: US Embassy, Israel Embassy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by sanpipita(m): 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
I opened this thread to see if there's any sensible reason to their claims alas its about religion, tufiakwa

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by humurphia(m): 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
news like this gets so irritating..

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2018
I can feel anger when reading those words.
THIS IS SO SURPRISING This can lead to war indirectly.
I AM FED UP WITH DIZ COUNTRY BASED ON THIS RELIGIOUS PROBLEMS.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by wellmax(m): 12:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
Its official Ishaq Akintola is an idiot

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by zubydave(m): 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
portside:
This is too disgusting������ something is terribly wrong with these set of human beings.why did the writer and muric still communicate in English language?
I am forced to call this man a very big goat. I am not a Muslim to start with, and some will see my comment as a biased one.Well i got one question for this man, why did he not communicate in Arabic? if he so much loves it and sees the English language as the lingual franca of Christians. Isn't he a prof of religious studies-abi na prof of Islamic studies him be? If he is truly a professor of religious studies then he of all people should know that the original bible was never written in English, and the English people were not originally Christians. This man is a terrorist.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by olowobaba10: 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
THIS PIG SHOULD BE KEPT HE BELONGS

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by kutedres(m): 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2018
It's a PITY this MURIC guy brain has gone into recession like Nigeria economy under APC led government. Who is going to help the guy now? He needs Psychiatric attention.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
[quote author=stephanie11 post=66781836]@POLITICSNGR

Below is a statement from MURIC signed by its leader, Ishaq Akintola;

"The administration of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan officially issued the N100 commemorative centenary banknote on 19th December 2014. A major feature of that banknote was the removal of Arabic Ajami.

Nigerians consider Jonathan’s N100 note inferior to others printed earlier. It is of very low quality. It tears easily. It lacks second hand value. It grows soft and fragile with time, thereby making it difficult to handle or fold in people’s pockets or wallets. It has therefore failed as a veritable means of exchange. Placed side by side with the old N100 note which still has the Arabic Ajami inscription and which is still in circulation, Jonathan’s N100 shrinks into oblivion.

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) is constrained to affirm that Jonathan’s N100 note is a fiscal embarrassment, a huge disappointment and a colossal waste of the nation’s scarce resources. Three and a half years on, Jonathan’s N100 note has qualified for the worst banknote ever printed in Nigeria. It is a national disgrace. This banknote should be withdrawn from circulation.

It is not too difficult to guess what went wrong. Jonathan was blinded by his anti-Arabic sentiment that he ignored quality control measures. His only concern was to implement the hate agenda of a few anti-Muslim elements who are bent on eliminating all vestiges of Islam from the Nigerian environment.

It was not the first time this would happen. Arabic inscriptions which have always been on Nigerian currency since independence were unceremoniously removed in 2005 from N5, N10, N20 and N50 denominations during the reign of Olusegun Obasanjo. It must be noted that there has been surreptitious pressure from the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) for the removal of Arabic from the naira.

But Nigerians need to know that this move was calculated to hurt the Muslim population and may end up as a disservice to the nation. The average Northerner cannot read any other script except in Arabic Ajami and anyone who wants to communicate with him effectively must use the Ajami, not even writings in Hausa language can help in this matter. Millions of Northerners have therefore been marginalized by removing the Arabic Ajami from Jonathan’s poor quality N100 note and Obasanjo’s N5, N10, N20 and N50 denominations.

The removal of Arabic Ajami is being interpreted as an attempt to discourage the learning and use of Arabic language which is the language of the Glorious Qur’an. It is a sensitive religious matter. Nobody can do this in Nigeria and expect the Muslims to organize a carnival for him. But as usual, our leaders manifest the noun ‘deaf’ and the verb ‘to ignore’.

MURIC complained in 2005 when Obasanjo removed Arabic Ajami from new naira notes. The fact that Jonathan repeated the same thing has raised concern among Muslims. Why does Arabic always become the victim any time a Christian becomes president? It means that there is a conspiracy to gradually and tactically eliminate Arabic Ajami. It is only logical to expect the removal of Arabic from other notes when another Christian becomes president.

‘When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightening and rain?’ When will these conspirators descend on the remaining notes which still has Arabic Ajami on them: N100, N200, N500 and N1,000? Should we expect the removal of Arabic Ajami from these remaining denominations when another Christian becomes president? Is it ‘when the hullybully is done and gone?’ Or is it ‘when the battle is lost and won?’ It looks very much like an agendum continuum.

Currencies worldwide are designed to suit each nation’s culture and history. Incidentally, Nigeria is a multireligious entity. In this case, therefore, our cultural and religious homogeneity should be the criteria, particularly when designing our banknotes, our stamps, etc.

But these two Christian presidents (Obasanjo and Jonathan) failed in this onerous task. They retained the English letters which symbolize Christianity and removed the Arabic Ajami which stands for Islam. It is simply bad leadership. They allowed sectional interests to override their avowed neutrality. What else is ethnic cleansing? We are all taxpayers and to that extent we all deserve representation.

For the avoidance of doubt, we as Muslims are ready and willing to peacefully coexist with our Christian neighbours, but on equal terms. It must be with the proviso: ‘live and let live’. No more, no less. We believe that the religion of the president is of little consequence so long as he is fair to all. We will always address issues, not primordial sentiments and, by the way, our Arabic is very dear to us. It is tangential, not peripheral.

In conclusion, MURIC demands the withdrawal of Jonathan’s N100 note from circulation and the reinstatement of Arabic Ajami on N200, N500 and N1,000 denominations. We affirm that Jonathan’s N100 note was a scam. We therefore call for a probe. We warn against any attempt by any future Nigerian leader to remove Arabic Ajami from the few remaining denominations. We will not hesitate to deploy every constitutional means at our disposal to stop such an attempt now or in future."

https://politicsngr.com/jonathans-n100-note-nigerias-worst-currency-muslim-group/

Oga, Arabic is not our official language, Muslims carry religion on their head like gala.

U can only have right to complain if d Arabic Ajami is replaced with Bible.

Islam is a ptoblem

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by RisingWars: 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
Ishaq Akintola is an embarrassment to Islam. He has no brain and he makes all Muslims appear stupid and unlearned.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by zubydave(m): 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
giftlygifted:
Shared by Thomas McFall @@thomas___mcfall
Hey guys, I know I usually just post shitty jokes on my NL but bear with me because I wanted to share something.

So in one of my Management classes I sit in the same seat in the front every day. Every single day I sit there.
Now, I also sit next to some foreign guy that barely speaks English. The most advanced thing I've heard this guy say in English is "Wow, my muffin is really good".This guy also has a habit of stacking every item he owns in the exact space I sit. His bag, his food, his books, and his phone are ALWAYS right on my desk space.

Now, every single time I walk into class this guy says "Ah, Tom. You here. Okay." And starts frantically clearing my desk of his belongings. He then makes it a habit to say "Ready for class, yeah?" And gives me a high five. Every day this guy gives me a high five. I was ALWAYS annoyed with this guy. I'm thinking "Dude, you know I sit in this seat every day. Why are you always stacking your shit here? And the last thing I want to do is give a guy who barely speaks my language high fives at 8 in the morning"

Just get your shit off my desk.But today I came to class and was running a few minutes late. I'm standing outside because I had to send a quick text. I could see my usual space through the door out of the corner of my eye. Of course, my desk was filled with his belongings. The usual. As I'm standing there on my phone another guy who was also late walks into the class before me and tried to take my seat since it's closest to the door.
The guy sitting next to me stops this dude from sitting down and says "I'm sorry. My good friend Thomas sits here."

It was then that I realized this guy wasn't putting stuff on my seat to annoy me. He was saving me the seat every morning. And this whole time he saw me as a friend but I was too busy thinking about myself to take him into consideration. Cheesy as it sounds, I was touched.

I ended up going into class and of course he cleared the seat and said "Ah, Tom. You here. Okay." And I did get a high five. At the end of class I ended up asking him if he wanted to get a bite to eat with me. We did. And we talked for a while. I got through the broken English.I asked him how he liked America as well. He said he misses his family but it's exciting to be here. He also said "Not every American is nice to me like you are, Tom."I bought lunch, of course. Dude deserves it. He gave me a high five for buying lunch. Gotta keep up tradition.

Moral of the story? Don't do what I do and constantly only think about yourself. It took me nearly the entire semester to get my head out of my ass and realize this guy was just trying to be my friend. Better late than never I suppose
Wow! really touching.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by papat26(m): 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
okay because it was not written in Arabic that is why it was the worst currency I can see that this man has nothing good to tell Nigerians he is a slave to the north I wonder how much they have him to say this nonsense (ungrateful human being)

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Our5k(m): 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
These suffocated SKULLars from the WASTE bin and their hatred sha. Useless people, always hateful, bitter and bent on out-wailing the real wailers. Especially their MOOslims. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by bikefab(m): 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2018
Ishaq Akintola...yes they are very useless. please just divert all of them into my account, i will help you dispose them. Anu mpama

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2018
I think u can only have d right to complain if d Arabic Ajabi is replaced with Bible, Fool

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Heavance(m): 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
All I can tell this man right now is in the picture

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by stasiaannie(f): 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2018
this idiot that use to LIve in IBA HOUSING ESTATE using his bus to make noise around the estate in the name of preaching ...this bastard Islamic lecturer in lasu that was knacking babe any how....OGA u are a bastard what have u achieved... your bastard son with is big lip working randomly and aimlessly in iba estate in the name of football...go and organize ur house first malu.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
budusky05:
For me GEJ is a scam

But don't support religion or ethnicity

We don hear na. You don talk am two times. Must we notice you? You're trying to use "don't support religion or ethnicity" to avoid insults ba. See anybody that stands for nothing falls for everything. Keep kwayet first, let people who stand for something talk.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2018
budusky05:
For me GEJ is a scam

But don't support religion or ethnicity

Is Gej working with Central Bank?

U are a dunce

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
So unfortunate that education did not pass through some people

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Westbestside: 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
Islamic ajami ko, Islamic ajalu ni.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Jointhemiltons2(m): 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
This man must be a bastard o. Blaming Jonathan for the texture of the note as if Jonathan printed it himself inside his bedroom.
Gan sleep you never get talk for mouth

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
RisingWars:
Ishaq Akintola is an embarrassment to Islam. He has no brain and he makes all Muslims appear stupid and unlearned.

He is never a disgraced to Islam. You guys insulting him will be quick to shout Islamization had it been it the reverse is the case. Hypocrites.
Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
happinesssssssss:

I think u can only have d right to complain if d Arabic Ajabi is replaced with Bible, Fool

The Arabic Ajami wasnt a uran verse that you are comparing it with bible but it is Hausa language and not islam.
Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
....lorry load of garbage!
#the dumbest thing I've read since Adam.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
I've always said religion has been the bigger threat to the country. one idiot will just wake up one morning and start spewing shit about his religion being on the receiving end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Ramsey247(m): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
They refused to reprint the 100 note for a long time now because of this myopic reason. Every denomination is printed almost every year and bad ones taken from the public.
Earthbound:
This is the exact reason all of the 100 Naira Notes in circulation are worse than used tissues.

I don't know where Arabic is stated as an official language in this country. *Spits phlegm*

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group by Adebowale89(m): 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
mad mumuric. this people are just too full of themselves. bokoharam mentor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession / Ajimobi Inaugurates APC Edo Election, Appeal Committees / Ahmad Lawan: Drug Barons Funding Terrorists, Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.