Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,367 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts (59290 Views)

Turkish Police Storm RCCG Church In Istanbul To Arrest Members (video) / RCCG Church Built Under High Tension Mast In Lagos (Video, Photos) / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Groovenaija360(m): 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2018
Groovenaija360:
If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG

Lala grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Topmaike007(m): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2018
phemmyfour:
What kind of rule is that: "If you want to leave RCCG, you can remove your house from their land"
at least they give free land, so that is enough for you to remain in the church..
how can you rebel and still expect the church to be your home(redemption camp)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Primesky(m): 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2018
0temSapien:
The prophecy of the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH is already coming to pass. Thank you NATURE.

See this also. Don't be surprised if this pastor starts up his own church as prophesied in the Doctufos.

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos/65#62480142

Why not! Orchestrated by the devil himself. Confusion is ascribed to him and his fellows. Senseless nature can not create sensible beings. You pip into God's word and adapt it to your carefully planned deception and call it prophecy. Do we not know that a lot of pastors today are not of God but of Satan, sowing seeds of discord and deception. And their evil deeds are blamed on the entire body of Christ? Get behind me Satan, you are an offence to me, your place shall forever be in the lake if fire!.

The bible prophesied about these lies and deceptions. And I know it's not over yet. But know this one truth, You will fail...! You will so fail....
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Topmaike007(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2018
alobright17:
member of RCCG. If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG.

Remove the house go where
where you have tell them good nyt there is no point going back there to say good evening..
that is why you need to remove your house.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Interesting15: 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2018
GlobalGisting:

I am a Christian! And I knw that Christ never fleeced his disciples nor ever propagated prosperity gospel. Rather he taught us to give willingly for God loves a cheerful giver, to give not out of compulsion. Unlike what we see today. Malachi refered to a pre-Christian era, the death of Christ brought the law of which included tithe to an end. For a real teaching of the Bible Pls inbox me. Thanks
Like, when you are watching Big Brother, you plan to note the names of the immoral participants to teach them the Bible?
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Interesting15: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2018
martineverest:
no... I'm a a child of ur father...yeye question

grin grin grin
Isn't it glaring you are an atheist whose goal is to twist the Holy Word of God?

I pity you seriously
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by predatorX: 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
MrBigiman:

From my experience:

1. Their ordination is political and done to favour some.

2. Transfer is also based on who you know. And some are transferred to punish and break them. Some don't get transferred for 10yrs when in a juicy parish, while some get transferred every 2 months

3. Promotion is skewed and used to purnish the poor and not so liked. Being Rich or being able to lick people's ass will accelerate ur promotion times 3.

Buy d truth and sell it not.

As an ex-Redeemer, i can say you've got Good points bro. You know the church like the back of your hands.

I know for a fact that there is a monthly/quarterly contribution, not just a contribution but a LEVY paid to the HQ by all the parishes. RCCG is a Government within a Government.

The ghost of "Miracle Center" Parish Akowonjo, Egbeda still haunts them. This parish paid contributions diligently, established other churches which later grew to become Area, Zonal and Provincial Hqtrs but the highhandedness of the leadership of the RCCG did not come to her rescue when she needed it most. I can give the history from the laying of the foundation stones to the formation of the choir of the most of the parishes within Egbeda-Shasha environs. Long story short, i don't even know if the parish still exists.

SO I BELIEVE THE MAN DIE.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by InvertedHammer: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:
It will be good the Pastor put the record straight

1. Africa Mission offering is not done every week; unless the Parish/Area/Zone/Province made a commitement to do so. I will be more clearer on tnis if I know his parish.

Also money does not go straight to the purse of mummy G.O. Foluke Adeboye; there is a board headed by Pastor Brown Oyitso.

2. The church does not place anyone under curse; only reading what Malachi 3:8-10 says.

3. Lands in camp are not bought but free of charge after paying developmental fees and meeting other requirements; one of which you must be a member of RCCG. If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG.

4.You shall know the Truth, the Truth shall set you free, if you know it. I will impore Pastor Wellington to ask for the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I am writing as a private member and as a worker in RCCG,; Iam not the spoke's man.

5. RCCG is not a cult; there is free entry and free exit
/
No 3 is the best part and says it all @ remove the house. Really? How?

Pastor Wellington said the truth and nothing but the truth.

RCCG is a multinational enterprise guided by the principles of a cult.

\

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by martineverest(m): 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2018
Interesting15:

grin grin grin
Isn't it glaring you are an atheist whose goal is to twist the Holy Word of God?

I pity you seriously
pity urself.....u were blinded by ur pastors to know that tithe was part of those old practices that were considered useless by hebrews 7 abi
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by personnel98(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
As for me am aslo a member of rccg and at the same time a worker in the church. Y are people saying that rccg is a cult, okay what of brothorhood, later day saint church, church of christ and rest i have not mention. Y dnt the talk about does onces i listed. Thanks
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by rasputinn(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:
From my little experience;
1. Ordination issue
2. Transfer
3. Promotion
are some of the real issues and when expectations are not met; people become rebellious.

GBAM

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by DPCHUKS1: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
Sheuns:
shocked

They didn't deny the allegations after all.
I'm surprised too.....just imagine shocked
There could be an element of truth in the accusations.
mmmmmmhhh....odiegwu really! shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by 0temSapien: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
Primesky:

Why not! Orchestrated by the devil himself. Confusion is ascribed to him and his fellows. Senseless nature can not create sensible beings.
Nature is not senseless, rather, it's enormous size is making you think of it as senseless, unconscious and inactive. This is a sign that you are the one who doesn't have a broader scope. Now let me explaim something about the earth to you. The earth is moving at a very rapid rate, but we think that it is not moving because our eyescope cannot capture its movement and we don't see it moving because we are on it. Nature is just like that. It's dynamic, sensible and active. It's nature that makes you sleep, makes you sense danger sometimes, makes you dream, makes you feel loved etc. So you want to say that such thing with such enormous responsibilities is senseless.
Mind you, nature is not the totality of God Almighty but a little fragment of God, but it is far far superior to the gods, because they are all subject to nature too whenever they go into natural plamets.

] You pip into God's word and adapt it to your carefully planned deception and call it prophecy. Do we not know that a lot of pastors today are not of God but of Satan, sowing seeds of discord and deception. And their evil deeds are blamed on the entire body of Christ? Get behind me Satan, you are an offence to me, your place shall forever be in the lake if fire!.[/quote:

What have we said that warrants calling fire upon your fellow? That a prophecy is fulfilled does not call for calling fire on your friend and the saviour of the world from mind slavery. I pray that the LIGHT OF GOD ALMIGHTY will shine on you to reveal the truth to you, ASE!!!
The bible prophesied about these lies and deceptions. And I know it's not over yet. But know this one truth, You will fail...! You will so fail....
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Johnson5258: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
Perfectly right even when they don't have chances of stealing. Funny of all, they can't even raise coach roach oooo.
Omooba77:
1. Ordination issue
2. Transfer
3. Promotion
are some of the real issues and when expectations are not met; people become rebellious.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Charly68: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
TrumpedL:
Believers should be cautious in these last days. The enemy is trying all it could to pull down men that are standing for God. Don't be an accomplish of the enemy. Mind what you say, think, and do; especially on issues of the kingdom.
This is part of the AntiChrist agenda,we are truly at the end time..your counsel is indeed very oracular...devil is out to destroy the pillars of the kingdom but the willing tools in his hand should remember Judas

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Johnson5258: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
But agree with me that baba is not aware of this sha?
predatorX:

As an ex-Redeemer, i can say you've got Good points bro. You know the church like the back of your hands.

I know for a fact that there is a monthly/quarterly contribution, not just a contribution but a LEVY paid to the HQ by all the parishes. RCCG is a Government within a Government.

The ghost of "Miracle Center" Parish Akowonjo, Egbeda still haunts them. This parish paid contributions diligently, established other churches which later grew to become Area, Zonal and Provincial Hqtrs but the highhandedness of the leadership of the RCCG did not come to her rescue when she needed it most. I can give the history from the laying of the foundation stones to the formation of the choir of the most of the parishes within Egbeda-Shasha environs. Long story short, i don't even know if the parish still exists.

SO I BELIEVE THE MAN DIE.

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by daresimon(m): 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
alobright17:
member of RCCG. If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG.

Remove the house go where
. Is that all you have to say? If you have a land and someone build on it,and the person decided to go against your directives, and in this s case you want you land back, do you allow the fellow to stay?
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by lastempero: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
Iam a xtain and the truth is that the church has failed on its primary duty which is to love and care that was what gave birth to the early church in antioch.the church really need to be reformed but our leaders will never agree to that.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Sheuns(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2018
TrumpedL:
Believers should be cautious in these last days. The enemy is trying all it could to pull down men that are standing for God. Don't be an accomplish of the enemy. Mind what you say, think, and do; especially on issues of the kingdom.

Which kingdom? Which men of God? Abeg leave matter for Mathias. We are humans and have reasoning capacities, you don't expect me to do all you say cos you're a MAN OF GOD. I got brains too braah
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Dindondin(m): 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
Daviddson:
Those of us who are either members of or familiar with RCCG put up a defence yesterday.
I can confidently say that your first rebuttal is in order. In my own parish sef, they've never collected African Mission offering, as far as I know. What members are told to give towards is CSR offering (and it's even every month) that forms part of the money the church uses for huuuge humanitarian services.
However, I still think RCCG have few gray areas that need to be looked at and corrections made.
The defence of no 3 by the op is dicey. I m also a worker n member of RCCG. But I m surprised at some grey areas that needs addressing. Presently, I m tired of going to my parish coz it's far to my house. I spend extra to get to church on Sundays. And I v numerous RCCG at trek able distances to my house. In fact, I can spend 2 mins to get to one of them.

A lot needs to be done in moving of workers and members. Why I v not quited my parish is cos it's a young parish with only 4 people as main workers. We need money & human power to work. If I leave, it's like I betrayed or just left dem with nothing. But when ll that not happen? Our failure to get members to boost the church is affected by excess other RCCG parishes in our hood. It's like they made a mistake creating our own. The Youths there don't wanna come to a new small church with little equipment and less attractive environment. So... Once they come on a Sunday to sample, they hop to another well tushed parish the next Sunday. Some say it to our eyes that our church no fine. That's why they aren't coming. So much to talk about. I wish to v access to RCCG top guns tell them of my experience.

In this hard Nigeria, nobody should v a church that's giving him/her headache!

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:

3. Lands in camp are not bought but free of charge after paying developmental fees and meeting other requirements; one of which you must be a member of RCCG. If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG.

What an irony..
How does one remove a house from a land without losing millions?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Awoofawo(m): 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:

1. Africa Mission offering is not done every week; unless the Parish/Area/Zone/Province made a commitement to do so. I will be more clearer on tnis if I know his parish.

Also money does not go straight to the purse of mummy G.O. Foluke Adeboye; there is a board headed by Pastor Brown Oyitso.

2. The church does not place anyone under curse; only reading what Malachi 3:8-10 says.

4.You shall know the Truth, the Truth shall set you free, if you know it. I will impore Pastor Wellington to ask for the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I am writing as a private member and as a worker in RCCG,; Iam not the spoke's man.

The number 3 point you raised...... lol......."You can remove you house' as if no b money dem take built the house.....make pesin kunkun dash Dad G.O lo sure ..... cheesy
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by tobillionaire(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
phemmyfour:
What kind of rule is that: "If you want to leave RCCG, you can remove your house from their land"
so even if you converted to an idol worshipper, they should leave you to build your shrine or build a mosque inside the camp.. how many Christians can you find in Medina

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by openmine(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
3. Lands in camp are not bought but free of charge after paying developmental fees and meeting other requirements; one of which you must be a member of RCCG. If you decide to leave, you can REMOVE YOUR HOUSE, but the land belongs to RCCG.
Please can some one explain this for me?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by adelowor(f): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:
1. Ordination issue
2. Transfer
3. Promotion

exactly.They must have transfer the pastor from his confort zone to a village and he didnt want to go, so he decided to rebel.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by SURElee(f): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:

Did just read if you decide to leave, you can remove your house from the land? It is well.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Dindondin(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:

the defence of no 3 by you is dicey. I m also a worker n member of RCCG. But I m surprised at some grey areas that needs addressing. Presently, I m tired of going to my parish coz it's far to my house. I spend extra to get to church on Sundays. And I v numerous RCCG at trek able distances to my house. In fact, I can spend 2 mins to get to one of them.

A lot needs to be done in moving of workers and members. Why I v not quited my parish is cos it's a young parish with only 4 people as main workers. We need money & human power to work. If I leave, it's like I betrayed or just left dem with nothing. But when ll that not happen? Our failure to get members to boost the church is affected by excess other RCCG parishes in our hood. It's like they made a mistake creating our own. The Youths there don't wanna come to a new small church with little equipment and less attractive environment. So... Once they come on a Sunday to sample, they hop to another well tushed parish the next Sunday. Some say it to our eyes that our church no fine. That's why they aren't coming. So much to talk about. I wish to v access to RCCG top guns tell them of my experience.

In this hard Nigeria, nobody should v a church that's giving him/her headache!
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by phemmyfour: 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2018
tobillionaire:
so even if you converted to an idol worshipper, they should leave you to build your shrine or build a mosque inside the camp.. how many Christians can you find in Medina
Why give out the land in the first place, only to collect it back in a crook mtd. That's worse than building a shrine

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Venica(f): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2018
Dongreat:
I hardly comment on Nairaland these days due to the invasion of kids and/or people who wanted to deliberately act stupid for likes and being infamous.
But I have to say something about this RCCG issues. This is a firsthand saying. My mum rented her land to RCCG in Warri and initially they agreed to pay yearly fees of which was being fulfilled. But suddenly there was a delay in payment and my mum ask them that despite their members, offerings, tithes and other donations, why can’t they pay their fees and the pastor told my mum that when the money is collected every Sunday, the elders get the total, take a share of the money to the HQ and give him the remaining for the Maintenance of the church. The little he is given can’t take care of church stuff nor pay rent that’s why he is struggling for rent.
My mum met the elders and ask why is it like that and they said it’s directions from HQ and they are powerless. One funny thing is they told my mum to sow the land to them and God will reward her well. Mum laughed and said God has already rewarded me by making me to buy this land, taking it from me, how will I feed my children?
Till today it is a battle for rent payment by a church whose net worth can be equated to billions of naira. I have decided that on my visit to Nigeria, I will go to the church on Sunday and during testimony will politely give the church 30 days to vacate the land else they will hear from my powerful lawyers who is not only well feared but he’s agnostic, so there won’t be sentiments in his duty.

l don't know much about what the pastor said but all you said about RCCG is true. very true
I joined RCCG some years ago. but what am seeing now is heartbreaking. My parish was half built with planks. the owner of the land was a member of the church. He lanes the land free to us but later said he could sell it off for 1.4million. we sent out a cry for help to the Area , Zonal and provincial headquarters asking for assistant. We were told to relaxe that the land will be bought soon.
With that assurance the few members start donating funds some giving up two months salaries as we start building the parish. from planks we moved to a complete building. Windows and doors were fixed remaining the paintings
when the owner saw that we have raised the building and the provincial headquarters are yet to give him any money , He gave us a quite notice
we went to the provincial headquarters to complained
They said we should leave the place and look for space elsewhere to rent. as am typing this we are moving to an uncompleted building where we are to pay a rent of 70,000 yearly
what pained me most is that what the church generate from offerings, tithes and others amount to 80,000par month ,but the headquarters will take 90% of the money leaving only 10% to the poor parish. Now all the labours of the poor but dedicated members lies in rains
its well

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by adelowor(f): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2018
phemmyfour:

before nko. They should now be habouring evil or rebellious people on their land or what?
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by phemmyfour: 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2018
Topmaike007:
at least they give free land, so that is enough for you to remain in the church..
how can you rebel and still expect the church to be your home(redemption camp)
That's not the definition of a gift. A gift is not something you recover from me even when we have misunderstandings

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Johnson5258: 1:46pm On Apr 18, 2018
Nairalanders!
Dongreat:
I hardly comment on Nairaland these days due to the invasion of kids and/or people who wanted to deliberately act stupid for likes and being infamous.
But I have to say something about this RCCG issues. This is a firsthand saying. My mum rented her land to RCCG in Warri and initially they agreed to pay yearly fees of which was being fulfilled. But suddenly there was a delay in payment and my mum ask them that despite their members, offerings, tithes and other donations, why can’t they pay their fees and the pastor told my mum that when the money is collected every Sunday, the elders get the total, take a share of the money to the HQ and give him the remaining for the Maintenance of the church. The little he is given can’t take care of church stuff nor pay rent that’s why he is struggling for rent.
My mum met the elders and ask why is it like that and they said it’s directions from HQ and they are powerless. One funny thing is they told my mum to sow the land to them and God will reward her well. Mum laughed and said God has already rewarded me by making me to buy this land, taking it from me, how will I feed my children?
Till today it is a battle for rent payment by a church whose net worth can be equated to billions of naira. I have decided that on my visit to Nigeria, I will go to the church on Sunday and during testimony will politely give the church 30 days to vacate the land else they will hear from my powerful lawyers who is not only well feared but he’s agnostic, so there won’t be sentiments in his duty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

People Seen Worshipping As Gospel Music Is Played At A Nightclub In Ikoyi, Lagos / Ruga: Eedris Abdulkareem Protests At RCCG Camp, Insists Adeboye Must Take Stand / Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.