Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts (59387 Views)

Turkish Police Storm RCCG Church In Istanbul To Arrest Members (video) / RCCG Church Built Under High Tension Mast In Lagos (Video, Photos) / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:
It will be good the Pastor put the record straight

1. Africa Mission offering is not done every week; unless the Parish/Area/Zone/Province made a commitement to do so. I will be more clearer on tnis if I know his parish.

Also money does not go straight to the purse of mummy G.O. Foluke Adeboye; there is a board headed by Pastor Brown Oyitso.

2. The church does not place anyone under curse; only reading what Malachi 3:8-10 says.

3. Lands in camp are not bought but free of charge after paying developmental fees and meeting other requirements; one of which you must be a member of RCCG. If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG.

4.You shall know the Truth, the Truth shall set you free, if you know it. I will impore Pastor Wellington to ask for the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I am writing as a private member and as a worker in RCCG,; Iam not the spoke's man.

5. RCCG is not a cult; there is free entry and free exit
You and your yahoo pastor are mad.. They should move the house abi?
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Aceed: 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
Dongreat:
I hardly comment on Nairaland these days due to the invasion of kids and/or people who wanted to deliberately act stupid for likes and being infamous.
But I have to say something about this RCCG issues. This is a firsthand saying. My mum rented her land to RCCG in Warri and initially they agreed to pay yearly fees of which was being fulfilled. But suddenly there was a delay in payment and my mum ask them that despite their members, offerings, tithes and other donations, why can’t they pay their fees and the pastor told my mum that when the money is collected every Sunday, the elders get the total, take a share of the money to the HQ and give him the remaining for the Maintenance of the church. The little he is given can’t take care of church stuff nor pay rent that’s why he is struggling for rent.
My mum met the elders and ask why is it like that and they said it’s directions from HQ and they are powerless. One funny thing is they told my mum to sow the land to them and God will reward her well. Mum laughed and said God has already rewarded me by making me to buy this land, taking it from me, how will I feed my children?
Till today it is a battle for rent payment by a church whose net worth can be equated to billions of naira. I have decided that on my visit to Nigeria, I will go to the church on Sunday and during testimony will politely give the church 30 days to vacate the land else they will hear from my powerful lawyers who is not only well feared but he’s agnostic, so there won’t be sentiments in his duty.

Let's assume all your firsthand saying is true...how is it that they could afford rent payments when the Church was of a small size and can't pay rents when it is now grown in size (which should equate more revenue)?

Because from the little I know RCCGHQ take a fixed percentage from the revenue of the parishes, let's say it's 70% that is remitted and the Pastor of the parish could afford the rent and other expenses from the meager 30% while it was still a small church, how come he couldn't pay the rent when the Church grew because both the 70% and the 30% grew bigger?

And if they're owing you, shouldn't you have petitioned RCCGHQ directly by letters, mails to the G.O or to/through the Regional/Provincial Pastors?

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS MY VIEW. I AM NOT, I REPEAT, I AM NOT RCCG NOR RCCGHQ NEITHER DO I HAVE RESERVED AUTHORITY TO SPEAK IN BEHALF OF RCCG
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by methyl: 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2018
*SUPERB NETWORKS*
SALES OF DATA @AFFORDABLE PRICE

Our Internet/mobile data plan works on all devices e. g. Android, I-phone, blackberry (OS10), computers, modems etc.

*MTN DATA PLAN*
1GB. @ N600
2GB. @ N1,200
3GB. @ N1,700
4GB. @ N2,200
5GB. @ N2,700
10GB @ N4900
*(VALIDITY - 3MONTHS)*

*ETISALAT DATA PLAN*
1GB. = #800
1.5GB. = #1100
2GB = #1450
2.5GB = #1750
3GB = #2300
5GB = #3200
10GB = #6300
*(VALID FOR A MONTH)*

*GLO DATA PLAN*
2GB @ N850
4.5GB @ N1800
7.5GB @ N2200
8.75GB @ N2700
12.5GB @ N3600
15.6GB @ N4500
*1 MONTH VALIDITY*

*AIRTEL DATA PLAN*
1.5GB @#970
3.5GB @#1,900
5GB @#2,400
7GB @#3,400
*1 MONTH VALIDITY*

*SPECTRANET*
4GB @#3000
7GB @#5000
15GB @#7000
25GB @#10000
40GB @#12500
55GB @#20000

✅payment method
(Bank payment/mobile money transfer and recharge card)
✅Recharge card payment will attract additional N100/GB and it's only applicable to data of 2GB and below.
✅Data would be sent after 2,3munites of payment
✅Not a cheat/scam or code
✅Works on all mobile phones/system (IOS,BLACKBERRY,ANDROID,JAVA PHONES,systems�� e.t.c.

*NOTE*: VALIDITY DOESN'T MEAN UNLIMITED.

To Purchase:
*WhatsAppkiss
*https:///send?phone=2348188373898&text=Hello...%20I%20want%20to%20buy%20data.*

*Callkiss 08188373898

*HAVE A NICE DAY AHEAD*

Kindly help rebroadcast��

*SUPERB DATA CARES*
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 9:04pm On Apr 18, 2018
Toptipster:
You and your yahoo pastor are mad.. They should move the house abi?
Thank you sir, God bless you
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 9:07pm On Apr 18, 2018
thecommunist:

why cant you be the help God will send to him. sending them some cash to add to there running cost isnt a bad idea
I wrote what step to follow
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Dindondin(m): 9:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:

The law is that 2 Parishes must not be too close sir; Please write you Provincial Pastor, through the Church Growth Officer (CGO) Copy APICP (Admin), Zonal/Area) about closeness and let them come for physical verification.
God will help you sir; dont be detered; intensify your evangelism, God will send help to you.
I know about the law. I know all about church creation in RCCG. It's unfortunate it was broken more than 10 times and still counting. I said churches closer to us are more than 10, plus a province sef.
We v written to the area, zonal & provincial pastors. After that, we got N100,000. This money was part of the less than N200,000 I said we v gotten since the beginning of the church. My area has 2 other parishes suffering the same fate as the one I attend.
When I analysed the whole thing, I felt sad coz this is not how to create a parish. It's just a case if over labouring members who ll not be able to withstand the plights if their church & may drain the personal accounts for the Church's use. We v done that severally in my parish.
I need to report directly to Baba Adeboye or any other higher authority. It's unbelievable how some churches were created in the town I live.
The issue of remittance, you ll see some people sitting down in AC at provinces questioning why your church didn't bring remittance or why your remittance is low. I encountered one on Dec 2017. After narrating to her that we were indirectly evicted from our church by the owner of the building, that the owner once fave us N20,000 to add to a loud speaker money... Only to collect it back after two months saying she needs the money. Meanwhile we saved the N20,000 and were raising N26,000 to add to the money. What about the church building, 3 different churches including a different RCCG v used it before us. Our area pastor due to lack of funds or his own short foresight naively took the building for us as church since it was free. The owner of the building didn't even v good report in that hood. Sometimes when we invite people to church, they say they can't come cos of the owner of the building's wahala.

Now, we got a hall of N120,000 per year. We exhausted all funds to rent and decorate the place small cos the hall has no cemented floor, no NEPA light, no meter.

Now, we v decided to tax our self to raise more funds. Somehow, we ll survive. What about others that are helpless or their workers v ran away. Who want church labour in this hard Nigeria. Do you know how it feels to see your friends who attends Winners Chapel, Christ Embassy and other churches that v standard branches or others that attends bigger RCCG parishes, zone or province? Job connections dey bug churches o.

I need to say this for you to know that some things v been shaking the body of Christ in RCCG. The earlier the better they are arrested.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2018
Dindondin:
I know about the law. I know all about church creation in RCCG. It's unfortunate it was broken more than 10 times and still counting. I said churches closer to us are more than 10, plus a province sef.
We v written to the area, zonal & provincial pastors. After that, we got N100,000. This money was part of the less than N200,000 I said we v gotten since the beginning of the church. My area has 2 other parishes suffering the same fate as the one I attend.
When I analysed the whole thing, I felt sad coz this is not how to create a parish. It's just a case if over labouring members who ll not be able to withstand the plights if their church & may drain the personal accounts for the Church's use. We v done that severally in my parish.
I need to report directly to Baba Adeboye or any other higher authority. It's unbelievable how some churches were created in the town I live.
The issue of remittance, you ll see some people sitting down in AC at provinces questioning why your church didn't bring remittance or why your remittance is low. I encountered one on Dec 2017. After narrating to her that we were indirectly evicted from our church by the owner of the building, that the owner once fave us N20,000 to add to a loud speaker money... Only to collect it back after two months saying she needs the money. Meanwhile we saved the N20,000 and were raising N26,000 to add to the money. What about the church building, 3 different churches including a different RCCG v used it before us. Our area pastor due to lack of funds or his own short foresight naively took the building for us as church since it was free. The owner of the building didn't even v good report in that hood. Sometimes when we invite people to church, they say they can't come cos of the owner of the building's wahala.

Now, we got a hall of N120,000 per year. We exhausted all funds to rent and decorate the place small cos the hall has no cemented floor, no NEPA light, no meter.

Now, we v decided to tax our self to raise more funds. Somehow, we ll survive. What about others that are helpless or their workers v ran away. Who want church labour in this hard Nigeria. Do you know how it feels to see your friends who attends Winners Chapel, Christ Embassy and other churches that v standard branches or others that attends bigger RCCG parishes, zone or province? Job connections dey bug churches o.

I need to say this for you to know that some things v been shaking the body of Christ in RCCG. The earlier the better they are arrested.

Thanks sir, it is noted and the necessary authorithies reading this we act accordingly, only they dont have your details.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:

Thank you sir, God bless you
Forget this holy holy.. All of us are out to rip another... G bagbe. Scam is scamming the scammer
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Dindondin(m): 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:

Thanks sir, it is noted and the necessary authorithies reading this we act accordingly, only they dont have your details.
I deliberately didn't want to mention the state or town, province, zone, area or parish. What's your position omoba 77. Are you a Pastor, worker? What parish or area, province, state are you from
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
Toptipster:

Forget this holy holy.. All of us are out to rip another... G bagbe. Scam is scamming the scammer

Ok sir, as a man is so is he in his thinking
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
Dindondin:
I deliberately didn't want to mention the state or town, province, zone, area or parish. What's your position omoba 77. Are you a Pastor, worker? What parish or area, province, state are you from

A member and worker Region 1
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Dindondin(m): 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2018
look
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by rosita33(f): 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
phemmyfour:
What kind of rule is that: "If you want to leave RCCG, you can remove your house from their land"
you dey mind those thieves?
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2018
Dindondin:
Tell all authorities concerned that in Ogun Province 1 and 16, there are lots of RCCG parishes that needs funding. Tell them Honourable Area, Ogun 16 in Onikolobo, Abeokuta needs to be assisted financially. All parishes under it are not functioning properly. The area is mainly dominated by students of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta.

Lastly, in Idi-Mango area of Adigbe, Abeokuta. There are over 10 RCCG churches there. Tell them that the people in charge of creating parishes needs to be advised to stop breeding parishes too closely.

Let them know that except they bring a pastor with spiritual power like healings done by the Biblical patriarchs, churches needs money. Not shuke shuke less than N200,000 that has been given to a parish under Honourable Area in Onikolobo, Abeokuta. Even the Honourable Area no get building. They v bought land for over 3 years and are unable to finish the building. They worship in a rented old building that's frail physically. The owners of the building recently buried someone there and this alone scares some members from attending the church. All these are truth. O wish to be contacted. I ll appear to testify what I v seen.

The students are your assets sir, you cant tell what they can become. Nourish them, please dont mind the population today, you be amazed what the parish will be in few years time. Please keep faith sir. It can be tiresome, dont loose hope sir.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Dindondin(m): 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:

The students are your assets sir, you cant tell what they can become. Nourish them, please dont mind the population today, you be amazed what the parish will be in few years time. Please keep faith sir. It can be tiresome, dont loose hope sir.
I m not loosing hope. I m just worried about how long this trend of creating parishes anyhow ll end. Especially those Pastors I sensed are creating it for creations sake. Maybe to get promoted or recognised.
As for the students, I only pray to get productive students. Those we v encountered so far only want a done soup. Cos of the status of the church that its still small, we are finding it hard to get permanent students members. Most of them visit once, eat our biscuit, drink our coke/fanta & run away to a nearby tushed RCCG. That's what aches my heart the most. It's like we were advertising, not evangelising at some point. I see you v tried to encourage me. Thanks. But I, and the three others v encouraged ourselves already. And we v decided to let our plight to be known so that we can get help asap. Else, people go run away.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Dongreat(m): 11:02pm On Apr 18, 2018
Aceed:

Let's assume all your firsthand saying is true...how is it that they could afford rent payments when the Church was of a small size and can't pay rents when it is now grown in size (which should equate more revenue)?

Because from the little I know RCCGHQ take a fixed percentage from the revenue of the parishes, let's say it's 70% that is remitted and the Pastor of the parish could afford the rent and other expenses from the meager 30% while it was still a small church, how come he couldn't pay the rent when the Church grew because both the 70% and the 30% grew bigger?

And if they're owing you, shouldn't you have petitioned RCCGHQ directly by letters, mails to the G.O or to/through the Regional/Provincial Pastors?

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS MY VIEW. I AM NOT, I REPEAT, I AM NOT RCCG NOR RCCGHQ NEITHER DO I HAVE RESERVED AUTHORITY TO SPEAK IN BEHALF OF RCCG

I didn’t expect everyone to believe my statement neither do I care of writing a letter to the HQ. My mum rented the house to the branch parish and not the HQ. I also don’t want to know how payment was made initially before the difficulties in payment. The land was rented to RCCG because it’s a know multi billion naira church enterprise and rent equating to few hundreds of thousands should not be an Everest for them to pay.
We did a business with RCCG and failure to keep with terms results to eviction.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Dongreat(m): 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2018
CioAngels:
You need not let them into your plan so that they don't wait for you at the cross road. They have told you to use the house to sow seed, imagine that. Just know that they are working tooth and nail to collect your house, i'm sure they intentionally stopped paying rent so that they can go through other evil means to take the house.

My dear I am only giving them that stipulated days as the law required so that during court proceedings I can proudly say I came to equity with clean hands. As for any funny plans from them, they are the least of my worries as have I more powerful enemies to attend to.
I am only disappointed that a church with such wealth can’t pay rent when asked to yet they keep collecting more money from their members in guise of church work.
Church work my a*s
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by predatorX: 11:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
MrBigiman:

God bless u immensely. It's good to either keep quiet or say the truth, but lying or staying on the fence is a sin. I have at least once given a form to fill to become a youth Pastor and I declined. I knew a Pastor who worked so had, contributed a large chunk to build a wide expanse of land and build a Church, that had been struggling for space for years, and few months later was transferred to a parish with no land, chairs or equipment, and a vibrant popular music pastor who is always with dignitaries was brought in to take over. The cycle continued for this Pastor, building Churches then being transferred immediately, that he had to leave. When I was given a form I declined, I didn't want to live a lie and have people praise me while I know the truth.

In the end God is the only person we are answerable to and not man ordained by man.
So the story of Miracle Center Akowonjo goes thus:

In the early nineties the church was birthed and headed a one-armed loving, God-fearing and fatherly pastor, a Yorubaman who knew nothing like tribalism or favoritism. He used to work then, and from work he would close and visit everyones' families and rally them to turn up for Tuesday and Thursday evening services, even before his own family. That was how nice a guy he was. Every offering that was generated for any of the services whether weekly or Sunday, he asked that they share among the needy and widows amongst us. We all felt like a family.
All these happened while we were using a rented hall with rent as steep as 100k.you might think it's small but this was the early 90's and a 3BR apartment went for 45-60k per annum. We were meeting these obligations while still contributing our share of the compulsory levy by the Hqtrs.
There were instances where our IGR(tithes & offerings) could not make up half of the rent. This man would put up his salary to service half or the entire rent in multiple situations, solely, and I mean annually. He eventually came up with the idea of buying a piece of land which we all started planning towards.

Being a father, brother and husband to all had its toll on him, and tragically we lost him suddenly but we wanted to believe his legacy would live on as we planned to get our own site.
But After his death MIRACLE CENTER NEVER TRULY RECOVERED.
Enter TRIBALISM, FAVORITISM, and the formation of Caucuses.
That was when everyone started noticing that Non-yoruba pastors never got past the deaconship. Those who had already scaled through were asked to open another Parish and start from scratch. I remember vividly, out of annoyance a pastor left the entire area abandoning his pastorship to become an ordinary member under a different zone. It was that bad.

Gradually but surely the rentage increased to 200k which was impossible for us to afford. So we wrote to the Hqtrs to assist. We got zero reply. Yet we kept contributions flowing because we thought if we obeyed the directive that our books would be clean. The painful part is that Hqtrs kept telling us that our contributions were dwindling. And I remember a Sunday where we held a meeting and everyone kept holy-holy aside and spoke to the pastor hoha to tell the Hqtrs that we were no longer going to contribute a dime as we were not able to meet up with rent.

While going through these travails as years went by, we still fathered new churches. Who acquired land and built massive edifices 3-storeys tall, fully air-conditioned, whose outer wall was of POP.

Then the unthinkable happened. The building we occupied got sold out to bank PHB. We had been owing rents prior to the sale so a court order was procured for us to vacate in 6months. We vacated before the effective date. The building was demolished and up sprang forth bank PHB now keystone bank.

We roamed about for a while, paying rents and using canopies for Sunday services. We even had to put up with our progeny churches but we started getting attitude. It didn't take a genius to figure out that we had overstayed our visit and were no longer welcome.

At this point I knew it was the end for me and the RCCG. I felt used.

I remembered when the RCCG camp used to be wooden stakes and soil all around. There was a saying then amongst us members that they were gonna transform it to a small London. They have achieved that but they have forgotten the little contributions of parishes like Mine. They have forgotten their humble beginnings.
It is all prosperity and private jets now. The problem has now been excercebated by the newbies,the newcomers are the chaff that have mixed up with the wheat. The G. O who used to be one humble reserved man whom you could never see a poster or pix or billboard of him then, now listens to the advice of yahoo yahoo pastors who want to increase his fame.

THE RCCG IS A GOVERNMENT WITHIN A REPUBLIC. IT IS A JOKE NOW.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by rezzy: 11:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
@dindondin,

I can't just stop laughing at your posts.

That remittance is another serious issue. There was a day we went for remittance and the guy in charge said he won't collect it because there was no members tithe. My husband made him to understand that we have just 2 members and they don't have money to eat, talk more of paying tithe. The guy kept saying province will reject it, and blah, blah, blah. That he should just put like 200# as members tithe. My husband said he isn't putting a dime as members tithe. He told him to tell province to come and see his Parish.

One Parish in my area is a ghost Parish. They evicted them since 2 years ago, no Sunday service or weekly activities yet they do remittance every month. The pastor worships every Sunday at the area/zone.

My parish too, no weekly activities. We stay very far away. Using public transport, we board 3 buses.

Sometimes, I feel like talking and shouting about how they handle the work of God but I don't want them to feel we discuss church matters at home.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:02am On Apr 19, 2018
I came here just to bash churches, as I often enjoy doing. grin
But I was enlightened and sobered by the posts about the struggles of many RCCG members here. I'd tell you to "keep the faith", but I don't share your faith. I can only hope you find peace and fulfillment in your endeavors and sacrifice. I wish you'd put such commitment into more productive things for humanity.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by greatman247(m): 6:15am On Apr 19, 2018
Omooba77:

The land is never sold, but for members with proven records of being commited. Your Provincial Pastor will sign the letter

It's not about just the land. A lot concerning this church. They are too after money. The other time i went to this church (first Sunday of the month though) they gave us 3 envelopes as I was entering for (thanksgiving offering, love offering and the regular offering) too much offerings. Not to talk of other offerings like project offerings and the likes. The pastor was even saying if one want to do transfer just incase you dont have cash that will be welcome; so they gave account numbers for regular offerings and like six other bank account numbers opened for other offering purposes and the Pastor said that very soon that branch of the church will be using POS machine in matter of months.

Now my problem with this church is this, they operate it like business and if gov't ask them to pay tax they will say they are not business venture. Even their member will counter govt. For the church to Fix public roads they won't and yet their members park cars in all the public roads fixed by govt and cause distruption to free flow of traffic and yet we blame govt.

Counter the video I talked about also. How can a pastor determine who will make Heaven and who will not? Is he a personal assistant or secretary to Almighty God in Heaven to know who will make Heaven? I want to know. As far as I'm concern Heaven never sure for anyone including the so called big pastors. In the Bible, even a thief made Heaven, what I know is your last action gets you to Heaven not a pastor to come and tell me if I don't give tithe I will not make Heaven, who is he to know that? So he the God Almighty now to determine who gets to Heaven and who will not?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by greatman247(m): 6:24am On Apr 19, 2018
rezzy:
@dindondin,

I can't just stop laughing at your posts.

That remittance is another serious issue. There was a day we went for remittance and the guy in charge said he won't collect it because there was no members tithe. My husband made him to understand that we have just 2 members and they don't have money to eat, talk more of paying tithe. The guy kept saying province will reject it, and blah, blah, blah. That he should just put like 200# as members tithe. My husband said he isn't putting a dime as members tithe. He told him to tell province to come and see his Parish.

One Parish in my area is a ghost Parish. They evicted them since 2 years ago, no Sunday service or weekly activities yet they do remittance every month. The pastor worships every Sunday at the area/zone.

My parish too, no weekly activities. We stay very far away. Using public transport, we board 3 buses.

Sometimes, I feel like talking and shouting about how they handle the work of God but I don't want them to feel we discuss church matters at home.

I blame you for still attending such church. How can you inconvenient yourself cos you want to attend a church? How can you board 3 different public buses just to attend church. GOD IS everywhere, you can worship in other churches close to you so long you have clear mind and conscience, it is never a must you worship in RCCG except if you have anyone closer to your house. I can never go to a church that is far to my house, never. The Bible has already said, God is where two or three persons are gathered and God can be anywhere and everywhere all at the same time. So why must you go that far just to attend church service? For what na? E no make any sense.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 19, 2018
Omooba77:

Ok sir, as a man is so is he in his thinking
All this gentlemanism ko jawo MO. You guys should create more ways to make money for JESUS. Since that's what the Pentecostal church are good at.. If possible you will open drinking bar within the church premises. If not stop investing JESUS money since we all say we pay our tithe to JESUS. Let him decides what he will use it for not all this big man pastor concerned about their dwindling tithe. Why invest tithe of your church members to feed fat on. Show me where it is written in the Bible that the priest reinvested the tithe. We are not close to anything spiritual like it is perceived. We are still in touch with our flesh demands.
No notable pastor except fews are actually Christ like. Your church redeemed and winners are typical example of scam church. The audacity of a church pastor deciding who goes to heaven by mere thought and not facts from the Bible. Same with slapping a witch lol. We have created a Demi God within ourselves. Sometimes the members of the church are blind to this, to the extent of saying prayers to God of this... Naming the pastor. It's all bulls hit and manipulation. Run as far as your leg can take you.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 19, 2018
Aceed:

Hmm. Omooba77 oya pick up your Bible and point out where it is written that the small pastor should act as tax collector for the bigger pastor. I haven't been in church for months now. I have seen more blessings than the people in church who do nothing more than gossip and rip off people money.
It written in the Bible that "go ye and preach the gospel" not go ye and do clearing and forwarding to HQ.
REMOVE MONEY FROM CHURCH AND WATCH HOW THE GOSPEL WILL SPREAD. PEOPLE SHOULD STOP GIVING MONEY TO PASTOR. SOME PASTOR WONT EVEN JOIN THE RAT RACE IF NOT FOR MONEY.
People should learn how to sow by not giving money but buying what is needed or rendering services needed directly.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 19, 2018
Omooba77 read more here since you need me to lecture you. Open your mind and head. https://www.nairaland.com/4460246/really-benefits-nigerias-prosperity-gospel
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Dindondin(m): 8:13am On Apr 19, 2018
greatman247:

I blame you for still attending such church. How can you inconvenient yourself cos you want to attend a church? How can you board 3 different public buses just to attend church. GOD IS everywhere, you can worship in other churches close to you so long you have clear mind and conscience, it is never a must you worship in RCCG except if you have anyone closer to your house. I can never go to a church that is far to my house, never. The Bible has already said, God is where two or three persons are gathered and God can be anywhere and everywhere all at the same time. So why must you go that far just to attend church service? For what na? E no make any sense.
I once told a lady that it's unreasonable for her to go to a distant church. But you see, circumstances just make it to be that way. In my church we are just 4, myself, a brother, the Pastor & his wife. So.. I felt to leave them alone with the church still in baby stage ll discourage them. But you see, Christianity needs perseverance. While trying to persevere, our spirit was unwilling. All thanks to the anyhow creation of churches by some RCCG Pastors. They don't consider the early (first 5 years) of the church. That's the time that they need high support.

All said, authorities of churches worldwide should rise to make church creation more firm. Or else, we ll keep having stories that touches.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 8:18am On Apr 19, 2018
greatman247:

It's not about just the land. A lot concerning this church. They are too after money. The other time i went to this church (first Sunday of the month though) they gave us 3 envelopes as I was entering for (thanksgiving offering, love offering and the regular offering) too much offerings. Not to talk of other offerings like project offerings and the likes. The pastor was even saying if one want to do transfer just incase you dont have cash that will be welcome; so they gave account numbers for regular offerings and like six other bank account numbers opened for other offering purposes and the Pastor said that very soon that branch of the church will be using POS machine in matter of months.

Now my problem with this church is this, they operate it like business and if gov't ask them to pay tax they will say they are not business venture. Even their member will counter govt. For the church to Fix public roads they won't and yet their members park cars in all the public roads fixed by govt and cause distruption to free flow of traffic and yet we blame govt.

Counter the video I talked about also. How can a pastor determine who will make Heaven and who will not? Is he a personal assistant or secretary to Almighty God in Heaven to know who will make Heaven? I want to know. As far as I'm concern Heaven never sure for anyone including the so called big pastors. In the Bible, even a thief made Heaven, what I know is your last action gets you to Heaven not a pastor to come and tell me if I don't give tithe I will not make Heaven, who is he to know that? So he the God Almighty now to determine who gets to Heaven and who will not?

You are to give as God bless you, you are not under any constraint to give. God sees all men. Money is not all the blessings you get, 3John 2
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 8:25am On Apr 19, 2018
Toptipster:

Hmm. Omooba77 oya pick up your Bible and point out where it is written that the small pastor should act as tax collector for the bigger pastor. I haven't been in church for months now. I have seen more blessings than the people in church who do nothing more than gossip and rip off people money.
It written in the Bible that "go ye and preach the gospel" not go ye and do clearing and forwarding to HQ.
REMOVE MONEY FROM CHURCH AND WATCH HOW THE GOSPEL WILL SPREAD. PEOPLE SHOULD STOP GIVING MONEY TO PASTOR. SOME PASTOR WONT EVEN JOIN THE RAT RACE IF NOT FOR MONEY.
People should learn how to sow by not giving money but buying what is needed or rendering services needed directly.

The truth is that there is HOMELAND that caters for Nigeria Parishes in need, so the HQ does not leave the church helpless, the process may be slow, but not as people paint the church black. People buy land, bus, car, chairs, musical equipments.
The plain truth is that most times, workers and ministers sustain the church.
You can delete giving from the church, Luke 6:36; Philippians 4:13-19
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by predatorX: 8:27am On Apr 19, 2018
Obi1kenobi:
I came here just to bash churches, as I often enjoy doing. grin
But I was enlightened and sobered by the posts about the struggles of many RCCG members here. I'd tell you to "keep the faith", but I don't share your faith. I can only hope you find peace and fulfillment in your endeavors and sacrifice. I wish you'd put such commitment into more productive things for humanity.

I am already doing that Bro. I now have apathy for all protestant pentecostal churches in whatever form they appear. I believe in God but the so-called Man-of-God in the Nigerian parlance is a Son-of-a gun.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by greatman247(m): 8:43am On Apr 19, 2018
Omooba77:

You are to give as God bless you, you are not under any constraint to give. God sees all men. Money is not all the blessings you get, 3John 2

This is not the only issue I raised. Obviously you lacked valid points to back the illegality going on in your church. If yes, then counter every valid points I have raised and I went to the church myself as proven evidence against this church. I also talked about a video showing your pastor saying whoever does not give tithe will not make Heaven, is he the personal assistant or secretary to God Almight to have know who will make Heaven? Abi he is the God himself now? Remember this is a video, no one lie against your pastor Adeboye, if it was picture now you guys will shout it's a Photoshop picture but now is a video where he says all this things. Oya counter this my claim again.

You said I should give according to how God blesses me, of course I knew this already and I'm sure everyone with common sense knew too but the main thing is a good church wouldn't raise so much offerings in the first place which thus goes to show the church is too money conscious and that was the bone of contention in the first place. But you left all those and just picked from the head instead to tackle and address the problem at hand.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by tim26will: 8:52am On Apr 19, 2018
Omooba77:

A member and worker Region 1
Sincerely i get disturbed by how you people give your pearl to dogs to drag in mud. Bringing your church issues to social media to discuss. You're not helping yourself but killing your spirit.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 8:56am On Apr 19, 2018
tim26will:

Sincerely i get disturbed by how you people give your pearl to dogs to drag in mud. Bringing your church issues to social media to discuss. You're not helping yourself but killing your spirit.

Ok sir, dont answer a fool according to his foolly; but sometimes sir, you need to answer a fool accordingly. God bless you sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake / Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Pastor David Elijah: What You Don't Know About The 'Bulletproof' Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.