Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts (59378 Views)

Turkish Police Storm RCCG Church In Istanbul To Arrest Members (video) / RCCG Church Built Under High Tension Mast In Lagos (Video, Photos) / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by SURElee(f): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:

It is part of the agreement you sign

Oh! I see. But how can a house built be moved? Why i never fit move my house from it's present location to banana Island. Anyway, Let's leave God to be the judge after all his judgement will start from His house, didn't he say so?
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 18, 2018
Sheuns:

Which kingdom? Which men of God? Abeg leave matter for Mathias. We are humans and have reasoning capacities, you don't expect me to do all you say cos you're a MAN OF GOD. I got brains too braah

Abeg swavv... this matter does not concern you as it appears you don't belong to the kingdom
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2018
SURElee:

Oh! I see. But how can a house built be moved? Why i never fit move my house from it's present location to banana Island. Anyway, Let's leave God to be the judge after all his judgement will start from His house, didn't he say so?
Very perfect sir, God is a righteous judge
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by greatman247(m): 5:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
phemmyfour:
What kind of rule is that: "If you want to leave RCCG, you can remove your house from their land"

No mind them jare. When those entrepreneur pastor are being criticised those useless members that are being milked dry will still come out in defense of those thieving pastors. Theres nothing the op want to tell us to convince us, at least a video of Adeboye where he was telling his pastors that they should instruct their members to pay up tithe and anyone not paying tithe is not going to Heaven. Abi this one is fodged to tanish his image too? He appeared in the video not photoshoped so op tell us something new. God help us.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by osomegbe(m): 5:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
One thing please. The RCCG land is free and it is given to members to build on. To members. So if you're not, then buy from other estates around the camp. In that you can sell your property or land anytime you wish.
I am a worker, and I bought from an estate just a minute walk to the new auditorium. If I build there I have the right to do what I want with it. Rent, sell, lease or even put a Muslim. But on their own property, they say no.
What made the pastor to go and collect free land to build house and you want to leave and later you will come and build your own church on Rccg land. Haba.
The op have said it all, the biggest problem is that many pastors try to rebel when they are moved to other churches especially when they've gotten someone paying constantly to them as pastors of the church.
I have never been in curse sir. Anything that is not in the bible that they're doing please mention it and I will clap for you. But beyond it, find a place to rest.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Lightening: 5:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
laudate:

What are you saying? A person leaves the church and stops abiding by its doctrines, yet he still wants to continue living within an enclave designed and developed by the same church? Where is that done? If that same man becomes a muslim or an idol worshipper tomorrow, would he still live within the same RCCG Camp estate? Make una think am, nah! The best thing for such a person is to just sell the house to another RCCG member, before leaving the church. Simple. undecided Would a Christian be allowed to live in the centre of Mecca or Medina? Or would he feel comfortable doing so?

So once he leaves RCCG to another church, he immediately becomes an unbeliever and should be ostracized out of the fold of real RCCG believers? It is only cultists that i know that treat their apostates that way. Where is christian brotherhood? My eyes are gradually opening.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
osomegbe:
One thing please. The RCCG land is free and it is given to members to build on. To members. So if you're not, then buy from other estates around the camp. In that you can sell your property or land anytime you wish.
I am a worker, and I bought from an estate just a minute walk to the new auditorium. If I build there I have the right to do what I want with it. Rent, sell, lease or even put a Muslim. But on their own property, they say no.
What made the pastor to go and collect free land to build house and you want to leave and later you will come and build your own church on Rccg land. Haba.
The op have said it all, the biggest problem is that many pastors try to rebel when they are moved to other churches especially when they've gotten someone paying constantly to them as pastors of the church.
I have never been in curse sir. Anything that is not in the bible that they're doing please mention it and I will clap for you. But beyond it, find a place to rest.

God bless you sir, people claim Psalms 91;121;23, Deuteronomy 28:1-14,Genesis 1:26-27; but when it comes to Malachi 3:8-10, people tell you it is old testament.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by talk2percy(m): 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
Taaa, Redeem founder and pastor are spiritual thieves, just shut up

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
talk2percy:
Taaa, Redeem founder and pastor are spiritual thieves, just shut up
God bless you sir, start you own.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Lightening: 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2018
transformed:
it is worse with Catholics, you have no idea how Vatican is using peoples money all over the world. Have you ever asked yourself where all the money from your catholic parish goes?

Don't drag the holy Catholic Church into this your shameful ceremony of greed and injustice. Does catholic church extort money from her faithfuls through harassment and coersion by threatening them with curses and hell fire?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by laudate: 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2018
Lightening:
So once he leaves RCCG to another church, he immediately becomes an unbeliever and should be ostracized out of the fold of real RCCG believers? It is only cultists that i know that treat their apostates that way. Where is christian brotherhood? My eyes are gradually opening.

Guy, try and think critically. sad The land is located right within RCCG camp, not in a public estate. If a person is no longer a member of their denomination, what is he then doing living within the camp? It is like a staff of Shell residing within Shell camp, in Port-harcourt. Once he resigns, or he retires from the company, would he still continue living within the residential camp? The church is even buying back some of the houses built by ex-members from them, when they want to leave. Apart from that, any ex-RCCG member can still sell his house to an existing parishioner, if he chooses to do so. In both cases, it is a win-win situation for him, as he gets his money back! undecided

Nobody is made to join RCCG by force, and no one is prevented from leaving, if he chooses to do so. Easy go, easy come......Cults do not operate in that manner, do they? shocked

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by justmenoni: 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2018
If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by laudate: 5:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
osomegbe:

Thank you for educating them, o jare. God bless you!
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Awoofawo(m): 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:

Now the church even purchase from some people if they are leaving to avoid wahala.

I read all your encounters or replies to other folks, seems this an after thought......... Why not mention that in your first submission as point? Anyway whatever, only a fool will develops another man land property, when he knew that his rigth of ownership is not guaranteed. All those pastors that build houses for redeemed camp na mumu......dem maga go pay sooner or later.... cheesy
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by cchiagom(f): 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:
It will be good the Pastor put the record straight

1. Africa Mission offering is not done every week; unless the Parish/Area/Zone/Province made a commitement to do so. I will be more clearer on tnis if I know his parish.

Also money does not go straight to the purse of mummy G.O. Foluke Adeboye; there is a board headed by Pastor Brown Oyitso.

2. The church does not place anyone under curse; only reading what Malachi 3:8-10 says.

3. Lands in camp are not bought but free of charge after paying developmental fees and meeting other requirements; one of which you must be a member of RCCG. If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG.

4.You shall know the Truth, the Truth shall set you free, if you know it. I will impore Pastor Wellington to ask for the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I am writing as a private member and as a worker in RCCG,; Iam not the spoke's man.

5. RCCG is not a cult; there is free entry and free exit

Don't mind the attention seeker, seeking cheap popularity. Can't he leave peacefully?
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Awoofawo(m): 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
laudate:

Guy, try and think critically. sad The land is located right within RCCG camp, not in a public estate. If a person is no longer a member of their denomination, what is he then doing living within the camp? It is like a staff of Shell residing within Shell camp, in Port-harcourt. Once he resigns, or he retires from the company, would he still continue living within the residential camp? The church is even buying back some of the houses built by ex-members from them, when they want to leave. Apart from that, any ex-RCCG member can still sell his house to an existing parishioner, if he chooses to do so. In both cases, it is a win-win situation for him, as he gets his money back! undecided

Nobody is made to join RCCG by force, and no one is prevented from leaving, if he chooses to do so. Easy go, easy come......Cults do not operate in that manner, do they? shocked

The right thing to do on case like this, is for church to develops the land and rent or lease to pastors, asking pastors to developed the land, when there is no guarantee of their ever owning the plot they developed amount to systematic fraud, unjust enrichment on part of your Dad GO!
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by farem: 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
NovusHomo:

Yeah, like six and half dozen.

So you would have wished the Janjoaweed invade the camp? The clause is very proactive
If Nigerian leaders have been that proactive, we will not be in this mess today.
Why will someone be willing to take free land to build in a place and be thinking of leaving? Dem bury your placenta for there?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by laudate: 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
Awoofawo:
The right thing to do on case like, is for church to develops the land and rent or lease to pastors, asking pastors to developed the land, when there is no guarantee of their ever owning the plot they developed among to systematic fraud, unjust enrichment on part of your Dad GO!

You have missed the whole point! shocked There is no systematic fraud, or unjust enrichment anywhere! undecided When the houses were being built, the owners were clearly told that the land belongs to RCCG, and would never be sold to them. Nobody forced them to build on the land. Nobody held a gun to their heads, to compel them to build on that land. So what are you talking about here?

Even when they decide to leave RCCG, they still have the option of selling their houses to other existing RCCG members, or even getting the church to buy back such houses, in some cases. So what fraud or unjust enrichment are you referring to? shocked
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Awoofawo(m): 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
laudate:

You have missed the whole point!
How can you educate me Sir?
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by laudate: 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
Awoofawo:
How can you educate me Sir?

Check my previous post again. I have done so....
There is no systematic fraud, or unjust enrichment anywhere! undecided When the houses were being built, the owners were clearly told that the land belongs to RCCG, and would never be sold to them. Nobody forced them to build on the land. Nobody held a gun to their heads, to compel them to build on that land. So what are you talking about here?

Even when they decide to leave RCCG, they still have the option of selling their houses to other existing RRCG members, or even getting the church to buy back such houses, in some cases. So what fraud or unjust enrichment are you referring to? shocked
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Awoofawo(m): 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2018
laudate:

Check my previous post again. I have done so....

Okay I got your point.....If that is the case, then mumu pastors full redeemed......... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Kotodoctor: 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2018
Dongreat:
I hardly comment on Nairaland these days due to the invasion of kids and/or people who wanted to deliberately act stupid for likes and being infamous.
But I have to say something about this RCCG issues. This is a firsthand saying. My mum rented her land to RCCG in Warri and initially they agreed to pay yearly fees of which was being fulfilled. But suddenly there was a delay in payment and my mum ask them that despite their members, offerings, tithes and other donations, why can’t they pay their fees and the pastor told my mum that when the money is collected every Sunday, the elders get the total, take a share of the money to the HQ and give him the remaining for the Maintenance of the church. The little he is given can’t take care of church stuff nor pay rent that’s why he is struggling for rent.
My mum met the elders and ask why is it like that and they said it’s directions from HQ and they are powerless. One funny thing is they told my mum to sow the land to them and God will reward her well. Mum laughed and said God has already rewarded me by making me to buy this land, taking it from me, how will I feed my children?
Till today it is a battle for rent payment by a church whose net worth can be equated to billions of naira. I have decided that on my visit to Nigeria, I will go to the church on Sunday and during testimony will politely give the church 30 days to vacate the land else they will hear from my powerful lawyers who is not only well feared but he’s agnostic, so there won’t be sentiments in his duty.

My dad told me similar story you just put out. Truth is members defending this churches are living facing the alter. Let those who are living facing the congregation tell you tales behind the veil.

Am glad my dad was right. It gladden my heart to hear all this. Because this are stories my dad told me about this churches many years ago. He doesnt attend any church this days. It's a shame what this pastor have done to the body of christ. There are those who rejoice only in rightouseness and truth. They are not money grabbers.

The truth will come out more in this season. For one people will become more broke. And the lies in their prophesies will be revealed. For they only prophesy good things Just to get people to give more.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Dongreat(m): 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
Kotodoctor:

My dad told me similar story you just put out. Truth is members defending this churches are living facing the alter. Let those who are living facing the congregation tell you tales behind the veil.

Am glad my dad was right. It gladden my heart to hear all this. Because this are stories my dad told me about this churches many years ago. He doesnt attend any church this days. Just sit at home and watch the next best thing to a church as far as nigeria is concern. EMMANUEL TV.

He really made the right choice. No need to be hypocrite when things are heading south.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by deebrownneymar: 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:
It will be good the Pastor put the record straight

1. Africa Mission offering is not done every week; unless the Parish/Area/Zone/Province made a commitement to do so. I will be more clearer on tnis if I know his parish.

Also money does not go straight to the purse of mummy G.O. Foluke Adeboye; there is a board headed by Pastor Brown Oyitso.

2. The church does not place anyone under curse; only reading what Malachi 3:8-10 says.

3. Lands in camp are not bought but free of charge after paying developmental fees and meeting other requirements; one of which you must be a member of RCCG. If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG.

4.You shall know the Truth, the Truth shall set you free, if you know it. I will impore Pastor Wellington to ask for the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I am writing as a private member and as a worker in RCCG,; Iam not the spoke's man.

5. RCCG is not a cult; there is free entry and free exit

It's obvious so called pastor Wellington had issues with RCCG. He only added salt to pepper. I believe 90% of what he said is true, even though he did it out of spite. EA Adeboye is a scammer. I've been a member of RCCG for years and I don't just understand why they always bother worshippers for money. Are we here to serve God and get closer or are we fund raisers. The money seems to be the most important thing to RCCG and ones salvation. It's RCCG that caused and thought other churches to commercialize the gospel. I want to assume EA Adeboye is suffering from old age. He must retire as his time has passed.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2018
deebrownneymar:

It's obvious so called pastor Wellington had issues with RCCG. He only added salt to pepper. I believe 90% of what he said is true, even though he did it out of spite. EA Adeboye is a scammer. I've been a member of RCCG for years and I don't just understand why they always bother worshippers for money. Are we here to serve God and get closer or are we fund raisers. The money seems to be the most important thing to RCCG and ones salvation. It's RCCG that caused and thought other churches to commercialize the gospel. I want to assume EA Adeboye is suffering from old age. He must retire as his time has passed.

Money is not the main issue sir.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
rezzy:

You have said well. This issue is not a problem from daddy Go but from church growth officers and zonal pastors. They keep opening branches here and there just to brag about how many parishes they opened while at a particular province or zone.

OK, likewise my own parish, my husband and assistant pastor pay the rent, zone and province have refused to send money for payment. My husband has complained a lot too but nothing was done, he didn't have any option than to pay from his pocket.

The only problem I have with RCCG is opening mushroom parishes. Like my parish, I don taya to go there, it's 4 years now but it looks like we just started the place.

God forgive if I have sinned

It is like that ma, you are expressing your concern, the Truth is that what you called Mushroom today may become Provincial Headquarters, only keep the light shinning

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by qleap2all(m): 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
phemmyfour:
sell the land now

Land gotten freely! With a proper MOU agreement
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by phemmyfour: 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
qleap2all:

Land gotten freely! With a proper MOU agreement
Is it not a better option than telling them to move their houses away from the land
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by hollah123: 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
phemmyfour:
What kind of rule is that: "If you want to leave RCCG, you can remove your house from their land"
just imagine my brother
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
greatman247:

No mind them jare. When those entrepreneur pastor are being criticised those useless members that are being milked dry will still come out in defense of those thieving pastors. Theres nothing the op want to tell us to convince us, at least a video of Adeboye where he was telling his pastors that they should instruct their members to pay up tithe and anyone not paying tithe is not going to Heaven. Abi this one is fodged to tanish his image too? He appeared in the video not photoshoped so op tell us something new. God help us.

The land is never sold, but for members with proven records of being commited. Your Provincial Pastor will sign the letter
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by CioAngels(f): 7:28pm On Apr 18, 2018
Dongreat:
I hardly comment on Nairaland these days due to the invasion of kids and/or people who wanted to deliberately act stupid for likes and being infamous.
But I have to say something about this RCCG issues. This is a firsthand saying. My mum rented her land to RCCG in Warri and initially they agreed to pay yearly fees of which was being fulfilled. But suddenly there was a delay in payment and my mum ask them that despite their members, offerings, tithes and other donations, why can’t they pay their fees and the pastor told my mum that when the money is collected every Sunday, the elders get the total, take a share of the money to the HQ and give him the remaining for the Maintenance of the church. The little he is given can’t take care of church stuff nor pay rent that’s why he is struggling for rent.
My mum met the elders and ask why is it like that and they said it’s directions from HQ and they are powerless. One funny thing is they told my mum to sow the land to them and God will reward her well. Mum laughed and said God has already rewarded me by making me to buy this land, taking it from me, how will I feed my children?
Till today it is a battle for rent payment by a church whose net worth can be equated to billions of naira. I have decided that on my visit to Nigeria, I will go to the church on Sunday and during testimony will politely give the church 30 days to vacate the land else they will hear from my powerful lawyers who is not only well feared but he’s agnostic, so there won’t be sentiments in his duty.
You need not let them into your plan so that they don't wait for you at the cross road. They have told you to use the house to sow seed, imagine that. Just know that they are working tooth and nail to collect your house, i'm sure they intentionally stopped paying rent so that they can go through other evil means to take the house.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by thecommunist(m): 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:

The law is that 2 Parishes must not be too close sir; Please write you Provincial Pastor, through the Church Growth Officer (CGO) Copy APICP (Admin), Zonal/Area) about closeness and let them come for physical verification.
God will help you sir; dont be detered; intensify your evangelism, God will send help t yoou.
why cant you be the help God will send to him. sending them some cash to add to there running cost isnt a bad idea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake / Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Pastor David Elijah: What You Don't Know About The 'Bulletproof' Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.