Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) (15807 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
On March 28th, Chimamanda Adichie was honored during "In Celebration of Writers", the 2018 Annual Dinner of Poets & Writers. She received the the Barnes & Noble Writers for Writers Award, which was established to recognize authors who have given generously to other writers or to the broader literary community.

Writers Steve Cannon and Richard Russo, as well as editor Rebecca Galetan, were also honored at the event.

12 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 17, 2018
shocked

Wow! First of all white woman, I love THE THING AROUND YOUR NECK.

@Topic. Intelligence pays. See how one of our own has been honored like an AMERICANAH spotting a beautiful dress with HALF OF A YELLOW touch of the SUN. And the beautiful reflection of PURPLE lights like a radiant HIBISCUS flower is dope and lovely cheesy

Dear all I think she is a good reason WE SHOULD ALL BE FEMINISTS. grin

#ChimamandaNgoziAdichie
#EggHead
#Literature.
cool

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by bugidon(m): 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
Igbo Amaka!

Peaceful yorubas amaka!

Peaceful northerners amaka!

Every peace-loving nigerian amaka!

God bless you all of us as we get our pvc's ready to send dullard back to daura come 2019!!! grin

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by phayvoursky(m): 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
Igbo kwenu!

Ndi igbo kwenu!!

Nigeria kwezu enu!!!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by orijintv(m): 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
Igbo Kwenu!!!!

11 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
The lady is going places.
What a role model. cool

14 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Narldon: 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2018

“It’s a Small World! it’s a Small World!”

Yet I’ve never Met Dangote, Chimamanda or Bill Gate on the Road...

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Pavore9: 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Ebukamath(m): 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
tell me something

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by bigblackbooty(f): 8:08pm On Apr 17, 2018
Wow... Congrats to her...

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by pode(m): 8:11pm On Apr 17, 2018
This woman Hmmmm,
I don't know what to say but I think this is just the beginning of where you are going to

9 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by churchee: 8:11pm On Apr 17, 2018
'Not too fine' ladies are always more successful than the 'fine faced' ones. Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Premiumwriter: 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
phayvoursky:
Igbo kwenu!

Ndi igbo kwenu!!

Nigeria kwezu enu!!!
just shaking my head.

When will you people ever learn that no tribe is better than the other.

Later y'all will be screaming buhari up and down not knowing that it is this same tribal mentality that's the root of our problems here in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by WhiteSoup: 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
She has Yoruba roots. Her Dad’s Dad was a Yoruba before they relocate to the east.

People should knows there history before claiming what they does not knows.

Proudly Yoruba woman
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
I love this woman, she is making Nigeria proud. Readily waiting for her next book.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
WhiteSoup:
She has Yoruba roots. Her Dad’s Dad was a Yoruba before they relocate to the east.

Proudly Yoruba woman
keep on deceiving yourself angry angry

8 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by phayvoursky(m): 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2018
Premiumwriter:
just shaking my head.

When will you people ever learn that no tribe is better than the other.

Later y'all will be screaming buhari up and down not knowing that it is this same tribal mentality that's the root of our problems here in Nigeria.
Oga that wan na your problem. Solve it

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by faithfull18(f): 8:17pm On Apr 17, 2018
Nice one there.

Want affordable data? Visit my profile or take a look at my signature.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by LastSurvivor11: 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2018
Igbo bu Igbo mma mma nuoooooo

Lemme check what afonjas would be feeling now

8 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by igbobuigbo: 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2018
WhiteSoup:

Proudly Yoruba woman

Buhahahahaha! Losers for life.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2018
Congratulations!

I love her books, all of them but most of all Half of a Yellow Sun. It is world class and timeless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by MrMoney007: 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2018
Afonjas has the like of chemical weapon terrorist

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
bugidon:
Igbo Amaka!

Peaceful yorubas amaka!

Peaceful northerners amaka!

Every peace-loving nigerian amaka!

God bless you all of us as we get our pvc's ready to send dullard back to daura come 2019!!! grin

Very very mature comment. I have respect for your comment bruh. Far better than the ones from all these tribalistic mugus.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by benn94(m): 8:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
God bless Nigeria
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by nabegibeg: 8:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
Nigeria is blessed

Can you see that Nigerians progress where the useless Nigeria govt is not involved

The Nigeria government is a curse

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
Great woman
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by CSTR1003: 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2018
She is won every award in sight including the Commonwealth.

Inducted into the prestigious American academy of arts.

The next big thing for her is going to be the Nobel. She is getting very close.
I am sure she will dedicate it to her mentor, chinua Achebe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by bugidon(m): 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2018
Thats the only way forward my bro
Gratefulheart1:

Very very mature comment. I have respect for your comment bruh. Far better than the ones from all these tribalistic mugus.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by psychologist(m): 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
the sun will Everly rise from the east

TEAM IGBO AMAKA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The PACKAGE / Summary Of The Art Of War By Sun Tzu / Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.