Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 (22983 Views)

Kuwait’s Emir Sheikh Sabah Dies At Age 91(pics) / Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 / 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Abfinest007(m): 6:27am On Apr 18, 2018
d dullard called buhari will send condolence to her family and still send her happy birthday later

what a foolish man we have as pre^^^^der

3 Likes

Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Follygunners: 6:28am On Apr 18, 2018
bush112:
RIP one of ur son is here

grin grin
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Victorakats(m): 6:29am On Apr 18, 2018
Thickcok01:
Wetin? You mean bush f*****k this woman for over 70years?

If sense is sold on Amazon, I would have ordered some to be delivered to you.

But then again...
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Kobicove(m): 6:37am On Apr 18, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Oyinbos also pay heavily for their health care system to function well...either in the form of very high taxes, or in the form of very high hospital bills./insurance premiums.

In Nigeria we want what they have in the whiteman's land...at budgets for health that are less than 2-5 billion US dollars. Impossible.

There are Nigerians who would not mind paying more taxes and health insurance premiums...the problem is that our politicians will only end up stealing all the money as usual! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by KingMicky3286: 6:38am On Apr 18, 2018
spaggyy:
She lives a very fulfilling life...

but death is inevitable

meanwhile

Have you always wanted to make money with your Facebook account?

I can show you how for free, I have the guide in a short 6 pages PDF

its a sure way anyone can use in making $50in their first day

i don't know how to share the PDF here any interested person can reach me by mail spaggyy@gmail.com or whatsapp 08067984710

Thanks for the wonderful question... Please ask questions and get a professional answers on Question Nigeria portal. www.questionNigeria.com thank me later..
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:38am On Apr 18, 2018
So dies the matriarch of one of the most evil families America has ever produced.

May she get her just reward.

2 Likes

Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by excel101(m): 6:39am On Apr 18, 2018
What a Graced family.
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by spaggyy(m): 6:41am On Apr 18, 2018
KingMicky3286:

Thanks for the wonderful question... Please ask questions and get a professional answers on Question Nigeria portal. www.questionNigeria.com thank me later..
when did i ask question?
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by emperorchedda(m): 6:44am On Apr 18, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:
So dies the matriarch of one of the most evil families America has ever produced.

May she get her just reward.
You sound like a muslim terrorist

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by abbeyty(m): 6:44am On Apr 18, 2018
Kobicove:

There are Nigerians who would not mind paying more taxes and heaith insurance premiums...the problem is that our politicians will only end up stealing all the money as usual! undecided

You should have asked him to tell us what they have done with the little taxes(according to him) Nigerians have paid so far?
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Ogunleti01: 6:46am On Apr 18, 2018
Follygunners:
Former first lady Barbara Bush died Tuesday. She was 92.

"A former first lady of the United States of America and relentless proponent of family literacy, Barbara Pierce Bush passed away Tuesday, April 17, 2018, at the age of 92," reads a statement from the office of former President George H.W. Bush.
Mrs. Bush served as the country's first lady from 1989 to 1993. She passed away shortly after deciding to forgo further medical treatments for her failing health. Having been hospitalized numerous times while battling congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, she decided Sunday that she wanted to be "surrounded by a family she adores," according to an earlier statement released by Mr. Bush's office.

"It will not surprise those who know her that Barbara Bush has been a rock in the face of her failing health, worrying not for herself -- thanks to her abiding faith -- but for others," the statement continued. "She is surrounded by a family she adores and appreciates the many kind messages and especially the prayers she is receiving." In January 2017, Mrs. Bush and her husband were hospitalized at the same time. She was being treated for bronchitis and the nation's 41st president was being treated for pneumonia.

Mrs. Bush is one of only two first ladies in the history of the country who is also the mother of a president. Abigail Adams, the wife of John Adams, a founding father of the nation and its second president, was the mother of John Quincy Adams, the sixth U.S. president.
Mrs. Bush is the mother of George W. Bush, the 43rd president of the United States, and Jeb Bush, the former governor of Florida who ran for president of the United States in 2016.

During her tenure as the nation's first lady, Mrs. Bush, the mother of six children, was a champion for global literacy and continued the work after she and her husband left the White House. In 1989, she formed the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy, which encourages parents to read to their children.
"Literacy fits in with so many other things," she once told The Chicago Tribune. "If more people could read, fewer people would have AIDS. There would be less homelessness. I'm absolutely convinced of that."

Descendent of a president

Barbara Pierce Bush was born in New York City, New York, on June 8, 1925, to Marvin and Pauline Pierce. Her father, a magazine publishing executive, was a descendant of Franklin Pierce, a Democrat and the nation's 14th U.S. president who served from 1853 to 1857. Her mother was the daughter of an Ohio Supreme Court justice and was active in civic causes.

The third of four children, Bush later recalled a childhood where her parents would gather and read around the fireplace, fostering her early love of reading. She graduated high school from the all-girls private Ashley Hall boarding school in Charleston, South Carolina, in the early 1940s and enrolled in Smith College, a women's college in Northampton, Massachusetts. At Smith, which was racially integrated, Mrs. Bush became captain of the freshman soccer team, but she dropped out of college in 1945 at the beginning of her sophomore year. She later admitted that she was more interested in her future husband than in her studies.

She had met George Herbert Walker Bush at age 16, while at a Christmastime dance at the Round Hill Country Club in Greenwich, Connecticut. The pair were immediately attracted to each other and began exchanging letters, even as Mr. Bush completed his training to become the then-youngest pilot in the Navy. He named his bomber plane "Barbara" in her honor. The pair were engaged shortly before Mr. Bush left to fly in World War II, and they wed Jan. 6, 1945, while he was on leave.

Mr. and Mrs. Bush celebrated their 73rd wedding anniversary on Jan. 6. In an alumni magazine from Smith College, Mrs. Bush said the marriage has endured because of the couple's love for each other. "I am still old and still in love with the man I married 72 years ago," she said in the interview published in "Smith Alumnae Quarterly" earlier this month.

"George Bush has given me the world," she also said in the magazine. "He is the best -- thoughtful and loving."

For more and rest of the story... Follow the below links.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/17/politics/barbara-bush-dies/index.html
http://abcnews.go.com/US/lady-barbara-bush-dies-age-92/story?id=54490037

Yeyebrities marriages only take few months to reach rock bottom while for this woman of virtue, though she was old but still in love with the man she had married 72years ago

1 Like

Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:48am On Apr 18, 2018
She dropped out of college and more worried about her future husband. Great woman . RIP
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Ogunleti01: 6:51am On Apr 18, 2018
givan:
Who she epp??
Ur own nah to dey ask who someone helped, who have you helped to? contribute ur own small quota to humanity to and your name will be written on the sands of time

1 Like

Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 18, 2018
Eyaaa..
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by tombeh(m): 6:58am On Apr 18, 2018
RIP Ma.
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Jabioro: 7:01am On Apr 18, 2018
Her husband was the father of lraq mother war while Mrs Barbara was the mother of all modern iraq mother war.She had come to the sweetness taste of this planet and she departed it in the same manner.NO NEED FOR RIP,She got it already.

1 Like

Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by northvietnam(m): 7:02am On Apr 18, 2018
quintynsofian:
RIP Barbs
u just dey advertise GTOOLS ...
and Some nlanders no even kne wetin those b...
need wellsfargo page for waya...
give me ur whatsapp number...
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by ObiaboAdoka(m): 7:05am On Apr 18, 2018
A life well spent on earth. She is a blessing to her family. I pray she accept CHRIST b4 her sojourn. RIP.
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by kalvoken(m): 7:06am On Apr 18, 2018
Follygunners:

Yes, Jebb was the Governor of Florida in 1999/2000 when his brother, George was a Presidential candidate and eventual President back then. George was also a former Governor of Texas for 8yrs and also spent another 8yrs as the U.S President. So was their father, Former Governor and President.

The IAH airport in Houston, TX was renamed after their father even though they bear the same name: George Bush
tombeh post=66806957:
RIP Ma.

I guess you can say Barbara was wife and mother to several Governors and Presidents. grin

May her gentle soul R.I.P

The BUSHs once did Mugabe US too.
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by kunle75(m): 7:15am On Apr 18, 2018
Lilshorecords:
Need to travel to US someday

God will grant your wishes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by ayaomen(f): 7:31am On Apr 18, 2018
DuBLINGreenb:
Sad but I saw it coming after she gathered her family together but oyibo dey live long sha oh benefits of good health care system not here that life expectancy is worst than countries at war.
even Nigerians dey live longer, my grandmother died at ththee age of 113. If you go live long nothing fit kill you.

1 Like

Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by jashar(f): 7:32am On Apr 18, 2018
I remember her because she had a dog. That dog had a story in Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul.

RIP Ma'am. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by DEcclesia(m): 7:34am On Apr 18, 2018
Rest in Perfect Peace to the dead
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by otokx(m): 7:34am On Apr 18, 2018
A great woman indeed.
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 18, 2018
Ogunleti01:
Ur own nah to dey ask who someone helped, who have you helped to? contribute ur own small quota to humanity to and your name will be written on the sands of time

My name is written in heaven.
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by youngest85(m): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2018
Yoruba4Life:
R.I.P to her. May God grant the family strength to bear the loss.
Which loss?
Is that a loss?
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Lilshorecords(m): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2018
kunle75:

God will grant your wishes
i really appreciate. God bless

1 Like

Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 18, 2018
DuBLINGreenb:
Sad but I saw it coming after she gathered her family together but oyibo dey live long sha oh benefits of good health care system not here that life expectancy is worst than countries at war.
Lol, our leaders also live this long grin all thanks to their foreign medical trips.

1 Like

Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 18, 2018
youngest85:

Which loss?
Is that a loss?

I wish aging and death could be reversed, the world has 'lost' great minds to both; It'll be our turns one day.

It's a pity that the world is too small to accommodate immortality.

R.I.P Barbara.
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Follygunners: 7:53am On Apr 18, 2018
Lilshorecords:
i really appreciate. God bless

All the best, bro.. God guide you thru! smiley
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 18, 2018
Kobicove:

There are Nigerians who would not mind paying more taxes and heaith insurance premiums...the problem is that our politicians will only end up stealing all the money as usual! undecided

That's true....but as someone said elsewhere on this site...if we pay higher bills and taxes and nothing happens, a lot of people might get interested in politics....in a nice way....
Re: Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 18, 2018
abbeyty:

You should have asked him to tell us what they have done with the little taxes(according to him) Nigerians have paid so far?

Most of our budget has come from the commodities we sell to Europe, Asia and the Americas...precious little comes from taxes.
(That's why we have a lot of corruption, the govt is not really dependent on taxes).

And the taxes we pay...are not much. (Yes I know...) . We have a tax rate of 0-24%. Many developedcountries have a tax rate of 50%. Many of these developed countries also have vibrant industrial sectors, not like Nigeria where we import even stuff we can make like BISCUITS!...and these vibrant industrial sectors too pay HEAVY TAXES.

Nigeria on the other hand is dependent on oil. And right now, we need oil to be at $140 PER barrel to run a sustainable budget without borrow borrow. And agricuture does not earn the dough like it used to in the 1960's and 70's.(I think we should go back to agric, I even applauded GEJ 's strides in agric...but I know that even if we go back to the good old days of groundnut, palm oil, cocoa and cotton, it still won't make much cash.Most countries that rely on agric are also reliant on 'donor agencies' to fund part of their budgets...at a rate worse than even we Nigerians).

Yes, I know that we are a corrupt nation, and yes, if we reduced corruption things would be better. I am not disputing that. But even if we plugged up all the losses due to corruption....we STILL won't have enough cash to make the much needed improvements(That is why I support a zero-tolerance policy for corruption...because what they are stealing from is a very poor treasury).

If we pay higher taxes, and higher hospital bills...there would be looting yes...but there would also be rioting and protests from the masses. That would in turn force the elite to sit up...especially when they realize that the better and improved infrastructure that results from spending the money correctly is also to their benefit.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeriens Challenge Military Junta Amid Increased Insecurity and Intimidations / Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself / UK Deputy PM, Dominic Raab Resigns Over Bullying Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.