Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Hairdresser Bags Life Sentence For Infecting Men With HIV - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hairdresser Bags Life Sentence For Infecting Men With HIV (884 Views)

Export Of Yam Tubers Carries Life Sentence In Nigeria / Lagos Motorcyclist Bags Life Sentence For Raping Passenger / El Chapo Final Journey To Colorado Prison Where He'll Serve Life Sentence(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hairdresser Bags Life Sentence For Infecting Men With HIV by MichaelMega: 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hairdresser Bags Life Sentence for Deliberately Infecting Men With HIV by Tampering With Condoms

A hairdresser has been sentenced to life in prison for deliberately infecting men with HIV after meeting them on Grindr.

Daryll Rowe, 27, had requested a more lenient punishment, claiming the disease was no longer terminal and that those diagnosed had "good and high life expectancy".

His lawyers asked the judge to pass a sentence that would not add to the "social stigma" of HIV, but inform the public the virus is not what it was in the 1990s.

On Wednesday afternoon at Brighton Crown Court, Judge Christine Henson QC disagreed, and made history by sentencing Rowe to life with a minimum term of 12 years.

He is the first person in the UK to be convicted of grievous bodily harm with intent in relation to HIV.

Victims told how they had considered suicide and Rowe's first target, who was diagnosed with HIV in January 2016, said: "Daryll has destroyed my life. I would rather he had murdered me than left me to live my life like this."

Another, whose parents died of Aids when he was a child, said he "did everything" to prevent himself catching the virus.

Rowe's six-week trial heard he embarked on a cynical and deliberate campaign to infect men with the disease, refusing treatment and ignoring advice from doctors.

He insisted on having unprotected sex with men, claiming he was "clean". When they refused, he covertly tampered with condoms by either tearing them or cutting off the end, tricking his victims into thinking they were having safe sex.

Read more:
http://dailybells.com.ng/metro/hairdresser-bags-life-sentence-for-deliberately-infecting-men-with-hiv-by-tampering-with-condoms/18/04/2018/

Re: Hairdresser Bags Life Sentence For Infecting Men With HIV by IdeyFindWife: 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2018
Deserves more sef undecided

Anybody, regardless of the gender, wey fit gift other pple with such "killing" legacies needs to be locked away for good...

That's if they didn't get lynched first
Re: Hairdresser Bags Life Sentence For Infecting Men With HIV by apeleone(f): 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2018
Gay? Why complain?

1 Like

Re: Hairdresser Bags Life Sentence For Infecting Men With HIV by BlackPantherxXx: 2:04pm On Apr 19, 2018
The fastest way a woman can make me break 100m record:

" I don't like condom...i prefer Skin-to-Skin"
shocked

(1) (Reply)

20 Killed As Kogi Communal Clash Spills Over To Nassarawa / Gunman Trying To Rob Children Shot Dead By Mom (photos) / Shameful: Police Compromises & Area Commander Justifies Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.