Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast (54866 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2018
For those asking why she didn't jump up and slap him or why she didn't shout 'NO'
Have you ever heard of the word 'shock'? How about the word 'daze'?
Some people are more spontaneous in responding to actions more than others. Because for some, the brain processes the action and they have a quicker reflex than others.

Stop shaming people who have been sexually harassed and are telling their stories. It takes a lot if courage to do that. And mind you, sexual harassment can happen to virtually anyone.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Elouise: 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2018
CSTR1003:

So which kind of women appeals to you?

Better men than you are in awe of her .
I find this really annoying TBH. does he have to like her for God's sake? what is your business with the type of women that appeals to him? plus if He doesn't like Adieche so what?

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by CSTR1003: 9:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
Elouise:
I find this really annoying TBH. does he have to like her for God's sake? what is your business with the type of women that appeals to him? plus if He doesn't like Adieche so what?
Are you nuts?

What is wrong with asking him why he dislike a figure that a lot of relevant people like?
It is an academic exercise.

I didn't tell him to stop disliking her. So what is your problem?

My like or his dislike has no real impact on Chimamanda .
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by doziex: 11:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
Nigerian men should stop acting like dinosaurs.
Raping, grabbing and generally sexually harassing behavior is grotesque and criminal . That foolish man whoever he is would be locked up if this had happened in a civilized society

Those saying it was her fault are akin to those blaming the victims of the murderous Fulani herdsmen. All nah caveman mentality.

And I am a Nigerian man

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by laudate: 12:00am On Apr 20, 2018
raumdeuter:
All these fabricated stories just to gain fame

To slip hands in shirt and under bra takes how many seconds? abi na speed of light the guy hand dey take move?
And in this time you were not able to respond or push him away violently

And you mean you didn't share any flirtatious moment together?

Wha-aa-at? Slip hands in shirt and under bra? And she could NOT even give him a dirty slap, or scream for help, when he tried that nonsense? angry Chai! Chimamanda, you fall my hand, o! shocked
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by raumdeuter: 12:00am On Apr 20, 2018
doziex:
Nigerian men should stop acting like dinosaurs.
Raping, grabbing and generally sexually harassing behavior is grotesque and criminal . That foolish man whoever he is would be locked up if this had happened in a civilized society

Those saying it was her fault are akin to those blaming the victims of the murderous Fulani herdsmen. All nah caveman mentality.

And I am a Nigerian man

How did you know the man in question is Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by laudate: 12:03am On Apr 20, 2018
Admin401:
You know girls really don't see this things coming right? Or do you want to live in a world where girls are soo defensive that a simple "hi" from men will require them to pull out a gun just in case.

She didn't see what coming? Does she need glasses? shocked He must have been standing very close to her to do what he did, because he couldn't have done it from 20 feet away!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by laudate: 12:20am On Apr 20, 2018
Chi59:
For those asking why she didn't jump up and slap him or why she didn't shout 'NO'
Have you ever heard of the word 'shock'? How about the word 'daze'?
Some people are more spontaneous in responding to actions more than others. Because for some, the brain processes the action and they have a quicker reflex than others.

Stop shaming people who have been sexually harassed and are telling their stories. It takes a lot if courage to do that. And mind you, sexual harassment can happen to virtually anyone.

Read her story again. sad She may have been surprised, but she was certainly not in shock or in a daze. She had enough presence of mind to 'gently and nicely' remove his hand from her bosom, and continue asking him for help with her book. What does that tell you?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by dasparrow: 1:16am On Apr 20, 2018
We all know Nigeria is a bloody cursed country crawling with pedophiles so I am not the least surprised. It is considered "normal" in that sick country to sexually defile or harass girls and women.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Profkenny1(m): 5:16am On Apr 20, 2018
Now I've lost all respect for Chimamanda....she's just another hoe trying to bring men down. This is all women do in the West, especially in the US and Canada. The best thing for a sane man is to go MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way). These Jezebels are not just worth it anymore! The fourth-wave feminism is gradually destroying the West, and I hope it doesn't spread to Africa. F.uck these women! angry

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by streetzdreamz(m): 7:24am On Apr 20, 2018
CSTR1003:

So which kind of women appeals to you?

Better men than you are in awe of her .
your last sentence though, what made you feel men in awe of her are in any way better than the guy you mentioned? if he doesn't dig the lady does that mean shit? I really don't know what the fuss is all about this woman to start with, she is a good writer to some extent and it doesn't exceed that, you people really need to start seeing peeps like this as humans like you with just a distinctive talent and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by streetzdreamz(m): 7:39am On Apr 20, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

if you (or any woman) is too ashamed to report such crimes then guess who is responsible for these demons to continue doing this rubbish?!?
furthermore, did you still try to act nice around the guy who molested you, in order to get whatever he was gonna offer you? if that is the case then, AGAIN, you should take some of the blame for what happened... so keep being ashamed in silence, and dont bring it to some faceless forum without even the name of the demon, because guess what?! it is POINTLESS. the day women decide to act right (and report these demons to the proper institutions), then we will finally start to eradicate these assaults.
I admire your patience and of course your level of intelligence,explaining the same thing all over via different context and examples is a luxury I can't afford, the lady prolly nailed herself its as simple as that,who goes into shock as a response to a sexual abuse? this ain't a physical abuse that's supposed to trigger extreme shock,I bet she didn't edit her story before making it public,cuz for starters her shirt and bra must have been extremely loose to correlate with her story,and if that's the case then it can be termed as suggestive,the man is a perv no doubt but the lady was all shades of wrong, say the man went for the boobs at a speed of light and she fell into a trance or whatever she called it,regained consciousness some minutes later,her corresponding action after that should portray a displeasure to the act,a violent shove,a scream,vulgar words anything odd,not "politely/gently pushing his hands away" just because she doesn't want the man getting mad,okay fine she was vulnerable then,in need of the mans help so what about now? the man stayed anonymous,we didn't even get to know if he did help or not, so what's the entire motive of her story? @ this rate every lady will have a sexual abuse case to yap about on the media in coming years,with nothing concrete to serve as an evidence backing up their claims.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by IgboticGirl(f): 8:59am On Apr 20, 2018
kingthreat:

Try me. grin

TAAAAA who will try dat pencil tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by kingthreat(m): 9:22am On Apr 20, 2018
IgboticGirl:

TAAAAA u will try dat pencil tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin

Just imagine. We can make it a Biafran theme sex. I with Ojukwu's beard, wearing military top and hat, screwing your brains out while you scream Biafran anthem on a biafran-colored bed spread grin grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by IgboticGirl(f): 10:35am On Apr 20, 2018
kingthreat:

Just imagine. We can make it a Biafran theme sex. I with Ojukwu's beard, wearing military top and hat, screwing your brains out while you scream Biafran anthem on a biafran-colored bed spread grin grin grin grin

mmtcheeew Bleep out lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by kingthreat(m): 10:57am On Apr 20, 2018
IgboticGirl:

mmtcheeew Bleep out lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Bleep you, chimamanda and nnamdi lkanu
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Tunks2017(m): 11:05am On Apr 20, 2018
LIAR !!!!!!!!!!

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by amicable09(f): 2:58pm On Apr 20, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
I admire Chimamanda to a great extent. However, I think she plays to the gallery a lot and mostly say things that make her more acceptable in the highly hypocritical Western society. I have watched many of her videos before coming to this conclusion. sad
You've spoken my mind. I equally admire her but watching her interview with Amanpour on CNN yesterday didn't exactly intrigue me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by CSTR1003: 11:10am On Apr 21, 2018
streetzdreamz:
your last sentence though, what made you feel men in awe of her are in any way better than the guy you mentioned? if he doesn't dig the lady does that mean shit? I really don't know what the fuss is all about this woman to start with, she is a good writer to some extent and it doesn't exceed that, you people really need to start seeing peeps like this as humans like you with just a distinctive talent and nothing more.
No, I didn't mince words.

Better men than him. Men that have made impact with their own talents.

Ask him why he dislike her and you will not get any reason worthwhile.

The day he makes impact with his own talent, then he can choose to dislike her and we will respect it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by CSTR1003: 11:15am On Apr 21, 2018
[sup][/sup]no
amicable09:

You've spoken my mind. I equally admire her but watching her interview with Amanpour on CNN yesterday didn't exactly intrigue me.
You don't know what you are saying.

This is a video of chimamanda in France calling out the French govt on their policies in francophone Africa.
And that was after she disgraced a racist white journalist asking if they were libraries in Nigeria.
A French government minister in the meeting had to walk out in annoyance .

She is worth her salt. She is worth the hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uMm415xDKY

None of your leaders from the President to the lowest member in govt have the boldness or intelligence to do this.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by laudate: 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
CSTR1003:

The day he makes impact with his own talent, then he can choose to dislike her and we will respect it.

Must everybody like her? shocked Or has she now become a standard by which men's tastes should be judged? God gave all men freedom of choice, biko. We cannot all like the same things.....or the same kind of people! Adichie is not infallible or perfect. She is simply human. If she says things we agree with, then we applaud her. If she says things we do not agree with, then we also have the right to point it out.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by CSTR1003: 12:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
laudate:

Must everybody like her? shocked Or has she now become a standard by which men's tastes should be judged? God gave all men freedom of choice, biko. We cannot all like the same things.....or the same kind of people! Adichie is not infallible or perfect. She is simply human. If she says things we agree with, then we applaud her. If she says things we do not agree with, then we also have the right to point it out.
Why do you dislike her?
I mean there has to be a rational reason, right?
A reason based on facts .
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by laudate: 12:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
CSTR1003:
Why do you dislike her?
I mean there has to be a rational reason, right?
A reason based on facts .

I do not dislike her. sad I may not agree with some of her views, but I admire her books. My post was made in response to the reply you gave to streetzdreamz and prince3009. Free them, biko. We cannot all have the same likes and dislikes, when it comes to a person, place or thing. We might like something today, and develop a dislike for it tomorrow, based on some inexplicable reason.....people are wired differently. Tastes change, and so do human feelings. undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by CSTR1003: 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
laudate:

I do not dislike her. sad I may not agree with some of her views, but I admire her books. My post was made in response to the reply you gave to streetzdreamz and prince3009. Free them, biko. We cannot all have the same likes and dislikes, when it comes to a person, place or thing. We might like something today, and develop a dislike for it tomorrow, based on some inexplicable reason.....people are wired differently. Tastes change, and so do human feelings. undecided
Okay. You are right.
I just have issues with their reasons sometimes.
Many of them claim she is a western puppet trying to please the west.
Seriously?
How can anybody who have watched that video claim she is a western puppet. ?

What is more western than France?
She not only lambasted the French people for ignorance, she also lambasted the French govt for their current colonialism that the govt minister had to walk out.

In fact, I won't be surprised if she has being blacklisted from France. Though I doubt it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by amicable09(f): 2:05pm On Apr 21, 2018
CSTR1003:
[sup][/sup]no
You don't know what you are saying.

This is a video of chimamanda in France calling out the French govt on their policies in francophone Africa.
And that was after she disgraced a racist white journalist asking if they were libraries in Nigeria.
A French government minister in the meeting had to walk out in annoyance .

She is worth her salt. She is worth the hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uMm415xDKY

None of your leaders from the President to the lowest member in govt have the boldness or intelligence to do this.
Okay, first off, I think you shared the wrong video with me because I took my time to watch it and even watch other suggested videos on YouTube but didn't find anything that looked like what you mentioned instead it was an interview where she was asked if Nigerians read her books which isn't new because there's this surprise that whites show when they hear Nigerians read.

I have all her books and have read them all. I like her but my grouse is with the way she joins certain conversations and try to make it about her. She's good at what she does but she's trying to turn it into getting more acceptance and selling more books which in my opinion is beneath her. She's rated way more to me.

Whatever it is, she's still an intelligent woman which I admire and I'm looking forward to her next publication.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by DeeMain(m): 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
raumdeuter:

If you have a GF or wife, Try this with her, Without her knowledge/consent try to put your hand in her clothe towards her bra and see the speed she will respond

Or tell someone to try and pit hand in your trouser towards into your boxer towards your balls and see the speed you will respond and push away the person

Those are normal reflex actions for people its only when you are aware and conscious of the movement that you take time to respond or not respond at all

You fail to understand the power dynamics at play in this scenario: a powerful, highly respected authority figure who is in a position to influence your life for good or bad can have such an effect on another human as narrated by Chimamanda.

The effect of a power imbalance is hypnotic. It's like a spell. Power can cast a spell on her/his victim's thinking and response and exploit them sexually etc.

Examples of such power imbalance are: authority figures and the people that depend on them for survival or some favours , parents/guardians/trusted older relatives and the kids under their care, leaders in positions of authority/ political leaders and the people they govern, industry leaders (like Weinstein in Hollywood) and the people under them in that industry , employers and employees, spiritual leaders/pastors/imams and their followers etc.

These people have such hypnotic powers over the people under their circle of influence.

We should all condemn such abuse of power wherever we see it. I believe it's what Chimamanda is using her platform to do here.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by streetzdreamz(m): 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2018
laudate:

you have said it all,I wonder why some humans gets all worked up over opinions that negates theirs,they just wanna shove their wants and believes down your throat,as far as i'm concerned she is a good writer but nothing more,wonder why its so difficult to comprehend.........I don't even give a sh*t about my best writer,how much more chimamanda or whatever her name is.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by streetzdreamz(m): 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
CSTR1003:

alright then,if I'm to go by your words...your opinion/reasons are as useless as the g in lasagna too,unless of course you give us an evidence of the impact your existence has contributed to the development and wellbeing of mankind,then I'll respect your your opinion a lil,so you see your baseline is weak,......the guy dislikes her for reasons best known to him,its not in my place to ask him questions about his choice,same way you have no right to question his statement,to each man his own opinion and believes.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by SaintBeehot(m): 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2019
Another coza?, this sound like lies to me. How can you watch a man dip his hand into your cloth at first before your bra. This is all madeup.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by XAUBulls: 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
xagorakis:
angry
In as much as sexual abuse is unacceptable and offensive, ladies should please stop using the media to tell their 'tales of the abused' after years or months of letting the culprit escape justice; as if it is a golden ticket to a million dollars. If you can bear the pain and let the culprit go scot free, please continue to bear the pain and leave us in peace. Madam told us she played along after the incident to see if she can get her desired result but she never told us if she gave in or if the man later helped, then what is the essence of this story?
Bump.

I agree with the summations here.

This female sounded more like a clout chaser to me... Anything to gain the attention of gullible folks and a wider readership for her books. Period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 15, 2023
The squeezee did nothing to rebuff the squeezer. That's a premeditated "worse-case-scenario" and/or patronage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Thorn in the Flesh 2 / Shadows Of The Green Part Two / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.