Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State (22067 Views)

Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut / N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State / Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Levy On All Adults In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by vioment: 10:36am On Apr 20, 2018
We don't have leaders anywhere in this country at all. Okorocha is not intelligent even at the atomic level. A full grown dunce.
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Marotzke(m): 10:42am On Apr 20, 2018
Personally , i really don't like Rochas.
But this is one of the few Ideas that Rochas have come up with, that is pragmatic and revolutionary.
Check the Details. The Details Man.
It is not about Levy, but getting rid of one of the most obnoxious cankerworms ravaging Imo and Abia states;
Autonomous Communities.
Imo state have 637 autonomous communities compared to Anambra's 177.
Every hamlet in Imo is autonomous, with its own Eze, Ndichie and multiplicity of chiefs.
Well Rochas have news for all you Autonomous chiefs;
Come up with six million naira yearly or be forcibly merged with a neigbhouring community.
It is not a mistake that the Eze of the offending community would be held responsible for the inability of the subjects to pay.
Who wan pay before?
Even Rochas will not pay that 3000 naira in his Ogboko community.
So the days of seeing a golf 2 car, branded with the insignia of a traditional ruler would soon come to an end in Imo?
Kudos Rochas.
The good thing is that no one will go to court for being wrongfully deposed.
Your people no fit pay, so carry your cheap crown and go your house. Go look for work.
Rochas never see enough money chop ,na to dey pay allowance for 637 traditional rulers.
If you love your Eze or Igwe so much, pay the damn levy.
A town like Akokwa now have about 10 autonomous communities, carved out of it.
Give rochas 60 mili, or all of you go back to Akokwa. Same thing applies elsewhere.
Abia, please emulate Rochas and remove this shame from Igbo land.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by ogomsky: 10:49am On Apr 20, 2018
why Okorocha dey do like this na?
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by gaby(m): 10:54am On Apr 20, 2018
Lost for words....check out my signature for the book on traveling to Europe by land
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by galaxy2020(m): 11:03am On Apr 20, 2018
That man is digging his own grave. I pity him.
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Neoteny(m): 11:04am On Apr 20, 2018
candelahria:
Rochas is the worst thing that has ever happened to Imo state.

Imo State is the best thing that has ever happened to Rochas
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by freecocoa(f): 11:04am On Apr 20, 2018
If anybody pay that levy eh, God will surely punish that person. Like what do these people take someone for biko nu?
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by uncleck: 11:07am On Apr 20, 2018
That picture reminds me of how beautiful IMO was during the time of Ohakim

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by nwatthu(m): 11:09am On Apr 20, 2018
yes oh..march Buhari back to daura
Bayajidda1:
> grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by ufuosman(m): 11:22am On Apr 20, 2018
Day just break
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by steveDpro: 11:53am On Apr 20, 2018
this man is just ....
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:57am On Apr 20, 2018
3,000 is small
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by nex(m): 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2018
Is this man not mad like this?! "Development Levy" that he will use to run his Senate campaign, and his inlaw's Governorship campaign?
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by ndubueze92(m): 12:45pm On Apr 20, 2018
trillville:
While I am in total support of levies, What annoys is that why should a poor person be expected to pay the same amount as a rich person?

How can a government come up with a policy like this?

Is there any country on earth that the rich and the poor pay the same amount to the government?

Why not levy the communities based on the properties members have?

This is shameful
What do you mean you're in support of the levy?
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by RareDiamonds: 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2018
How ? NGN 3000 is not a small money especially for rural dwellers. The advantage of this levy is that small and nonviable autonomous communities would be merged.

Abagworo:
3,000 is small

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by ndubueze92(m): 12:58pm On Apr 20, 2018
Purehuman:
I think I love this.

I wish it can be channeled towards big time developmental projects.
You're a very lazy youth indeed.
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by ndubueze92(m): 1:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
Purehuman:
I think I love this.

You're a very lazy youth indeed. Completely unaware of your environment and governmental shortsightedness, ineffective and inadequacy.
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Ade3000yrs(m): 1:13pm On Apr 20, 2018
See Confusion in the Middle East. Everyone Scatter Scatter, Some people run run run.
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by MrBONE2(m): 1:24pm On Apr 20, 2018
yemmight:
I am aware that a lot of our Governors are under-performing but these under-listed don't have brain.

1. Okorocha
2. Ortom
3. Yahaya

I have never heard where an appointment will be given someone or a ministry called ministry of happiness. Now when concluding to start charging 3k as levy, I am sure he never consulted ministry of happiness for his decision.
It was an advise given to him by ministry of Corruption and Explortation and seconded by ministry of Sadnest grin
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by hollywater: 1:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
Yyeske:
What kind of news is this or maybe I didn't read the article well, is Okorocha crazy or something, inshort let me go and read up again before I make a mistake in my comment.
The same goes for Buhari.
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by MXrap: 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2018
candelahria:
Rochas is the worst thing that has ever happened to Imo state.

I don't think so, at least he has been developing statue infrastructures all over the state. Abagworo is it not true?

Herdsmen:
....and imo is an oil producing state..
Okorocha.wey promise job job job.. employment employment employment industry industry ...work work work... N

Now na statue statue statue levy levy levy

Na lie those infrastructural statue projects has created over 50,000 direct jobs and 100,000 indirect jobs in Imo state. What other jobs do you you need? Just one infrastructural statue has provided this much alone. cool
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Ddy(m): 1:57pm On Apr 20, 2018
jerryunit48:
So that he will use it to build another statue?

He wants to use it for his own contribution for Buhari reelection

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by senator2b: 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2018
princechurchill:
War is coming in imo

you don't need to say that again but his action its obvious. He just ignited the war syndrome in Imo State and he should be ready for it.

How many of the youth has he (Rochas) empowered or which employment has created for the so called youth or is it the Keke rider he chased out Capital City rendering them jobless. so a jobless youth looking for how to feed himself; how will he get the money? i sweep for my dear state.
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Oyeleye101(m): 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2018
IMO guys be like
If I sub 1k from that 3k....before the sub go finish.. Client would have pay.... So, I make more!!
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by opribo(m): 2:17pm On Apr 20, 2018
Dead on arrival. Are you levying the adult you gave job or the jobless adult or the one hustling day and night to make ends meet. He should levy only the people he is sure he has offered jobs to.
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by loswhite(m): 2:17pm On Apr 20, 2018
trillville:
While I am in total support of levies, What annoys is that why should a poor person be expected to pay the same amount as a rich person?

Is there any country on earth that the rich and the poor pay the same amount to the government?

This is shameful
why levy a community that is not benefiting from the government? Why collect levy from ppl u did not give job to in the first place? What is difference between this levy and taxes? Okorocha must first account for the money he has received and spent so far...... shithole country with shithole leaders
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by loswhite(m): 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
Purehuman:
I think I love this.

Don't try to garnish this your foolish post with I wish bla bla bla
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Purehuman(m): 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2018
ndubueze92:
You're a very lazy youth indeed. Completely unaware of your environment and governmental shortsightedness, ineffective and inadequacy.

This is a very unpleasant response man, I am responsible for whatever comment I make and it shouldn't be your concern.

The state doesn't have the capacity to push it's own development with the monthly stipend it gets from the centre. If he gets 2000 "leviable" adults and use the money to drive economic expansion of the state, then sorry, I am in support.

How much do you think Imo state has and what does Imo state have that makes money for them?

Stop being emotional about anything. The only problem is the man asking for it.
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Purehuman(m): 2:52pm On Apr 20, 2018
loswhite:
Don't try to garnish this your foolish post with I wish bla bla bla

Bia enyi, you are not more igbo than I am and you cannot be. The major purpose of raising this money is for developing the state. I don't see anything wrong with it except for the obvious part being squandered.
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by dikebuka19: 3:48pm On Apr 20, 2018
State of Emergency should be declared in Imo state
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
trillville:

This is shameful
thts why its called a levy and not tax
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by SOFTENGR: 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
yemmight:
I am aware that a lot of our Governors are under-performing but these under-listed don't have brain.

1. Okorocha
2. Ortom
3. Yahaya

I have never heard where an appointment will be given someone or a ministry called ministry of happiness. Now when concluding to start charging 3k as levy, I am sure he never consulted ministry of happiness for his decision.
He needs campaign money.
Don't worry, he will pay it back to them during election. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Ogunlewe, FUNAAB VC, Bursar Arraigned In Court Today / PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags / Edo Assembly Crisis: National Assembly Committee Arrives Benin (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.