Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,978 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto (19994 Views)

​Atiku Abubakar Launches World’s First Emoji Manifesto To Target Youth Voters / Detractors At Work: Fake Omoyele Sowore Manifesto In Circulation / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Ademat7(m): 1:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
in his town hall meeting in Ibadan,Oyo state:he talked about the abnormal cost of running govt
Sheuns:

Maybe, just maybe sir. But what I expect to hear from new aspirants is cutting government running costs. That's where most of our funds end up.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by seunjungle1(m): 1:05pm On Apr 20, 2018
During the old days of Israelites in their various acquired lands over Jordan and beyond Jericho and their environs after the deaths of Moses and Joshua. Whenever their consequences of their sins arose by turning against the commandments of God Moses brought to them...after so many years of suffering from their enemies. God usually raised them a man or woman of valour to bring them out of their predicaments and bondages whenever they come back to their senses that they've wronged the Lord, and no one among them dare to condemn whosoever God brought for their rescues.

Let's see to our case today as that of Israelites in their old days. Let's liberate ourselves out of these gullible politicians eating our future.

What love do a president that condemned we youths have for us?
What love a minister that referred we youths as inconsequential ones have for us?
What love a president spoke man have for us by saying "the president didn't mean all of us are lazy, it is majority he was referring to." Is there any difference in majority and all?

If not for any other reasons what Mr president said concerning we youths is enough for us to send him back to Daura and show them that we are the strength of our nation not their own minority strength.

We are major while they are minority!

We may not have job to put food on our table today and that doesn't take our strength from us.

Aforementioned manifestoes from Sowore shows some qualities and good vision every reasonable leader should portrays...the man might not that suite to your expectation but let's appreciate we a youth that at least tackle them(thieves) at this stage of our their country..do we have such a vibrant youth before in our various past election?No!

To some that said the manifestoes is easier to talk about but hard to delivered. No! They can be achievable if we have true leader. Nigeria's economy has that strength to deliver it. This is a country that has all it need to become great like any other nations of G8.

But due to their calloused ways of ruling, they are have make us to believe that those manifestoes cannot be achieved.

Youths let's wake up from our slumbering and laziness and send them away with our strengths. Let show them by the power of our majority.

We are lazy just because you don't provide us jobs..even in America and all other developed countries, not all of their children go to schl or work but still they have asses to all social amenities.

Here, youths are ready to but no job. The majority Femi Adesina was even referring to are the ones doing side hustling without any help from a lazy government yet they still referred to us as lazy.

Their children are at their own comfort riding on our own strength, non of them see to that.

I am lazy but I have my PVC and it will not fall my hand cos it is my STRENGHT

Is your PVC ready? That's your strength!

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by BlackMbakara1(m): 1:05pm On Apr 20, 2018
And he did not tell us where he will get the money to execute all that or how to make the money.

He did not tell us if he will act alone without national assembly and the judiciary (our major problem)...
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by RexTramadol1: 1:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
Make e do governor first

I mean what is wrong with these people taking Nigeria for granted?

Some are citing Trump, dat guy has been funding republican campaigns through mails and tv billings.....

Read American campaign finance.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by wellmax(m): 1:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
enlady:
Becoming president of Nigeria is no joke. I prefer to see his track record in governance on a lower scale before assessing his capabilities. Anyone can draft a lofty manifesto.

This is exactly what was said about Donald Trump
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2018
dunkem21:
I rather vote for Buhari than Sowore undecided
Wise choice.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by AiiVee(m): 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2018
these one are too good to be true jare. He doesn't have a manifesto yet if he is serious about contesting...
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by cheaperstores: 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2018
Sowore better reduce the unrealistic 200,000 km roads and other tall dreams contained in the manifesto.
Rather give us a good eight- year development plan that is deliverable,achievable and measurable.

Don't give space to be mocked by these old politicians because you are following their footsteps already in your manifesto which I know is largely unrealistic.

Clamor for youth president is not just to take over power but to make a difference in governance in Nigeria. To move nation out of ruins it's presently and make significant progress that future govt can build on

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by DaBillionnaire: 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2018
binsanni:
Nice one, but you can't because of one bad egg in the basket throw the rest away, you search for the good once, out of the bad once
if we continue judging them in same way, we gonna end up reelecting the wrong candidate if the time comes

good idea, but not Sowore
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by cheaperstores: 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
owore better reduce the unrealistic 200,000 km roads and other tall dreams contained in the manifesto.
Rather give us a good eight- year development plan that is deliverable,achievable and measurable.

Don't give space to be mocked by these old politicians because you are following their footsteps already in your manifesto which I know is largely unrealistic.

Clamor for youth president is not just to take over power but to make a difference in governance in Nigeria. To move nation out of ruins it's presently and make significant progress that future govt can build on
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by seankay(m): 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2018
I will vote for Sowore over Atiku, President Buhari, APC and PDP. However, Sowore should explain how he intends executing his plans.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by eneye1(m): 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
I am telling you that 96% of what he had written or intend doing are not realistic....he can not generate that amount of power in 4 years.....finally, no action plan in his manifesto.. I am tired of hearing " I will do this, I will do that" I want to know how you will achieve that..

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by binsanni(m): 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
then who?
DaBillionnaire:

good idea, but not Sowore
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Elliot2(m): 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2018
In my own opinion,if i were to run for presidency, my first statement in my manifesto would be to address the lie in the constitution which says "we the people". That obvious lie is the father of all the abnormalities we have as a people since this new dispensation of democracy. That lie is like joining two strange fellows into a marriage union without their awareness and consent-just what that p*le skinned lugard did. Therefore,you don't expect peace and understanding. In my opinion,i will immediately call for the redress of the constitution,with all stakeholders and the Nigerian people involved; that way we have given life to the constitution,and not made it a mere piece of biased document as viewed by dissatisfied voices. And again,I will decisively cut to size the excesses of the Southern and Northern elites,but before then i had made the common Nigerians the sole owners of Nigeria. #Peace out.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2018
enlady:
Becoming president of Nigeria is no joke. I prefer to see his track record in governance on a lower scale before assessing his capabilities. Anyone can draft a lofty manifesto.

Now I know this Sowore is another Buhari in the making. Do you know we need multi billion dollar investments to generate power deficit of 15,000 MW? All the banks in Nigeria put together cannot finance these for us? What are your medium and long term plans to meet this goal?

Nothing about the concurrent and exclusive legislative list? How will you lobby the national assembly and other stakeholders to amend it? We must start restructuring by taking baby steps

What will you do about access to consumer credit? Our total consumer credit is an abysmally low % of GDP. These are part of ways to rejuvenate the economy
What about human capital development?

You sound very intelligent. I admire you MA.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Keywordconcept(m): 3:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
Nothing on technology.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by tosinet(m): 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
These are all tall order promises and the clamour for new breed of polititians is not to come and follow the old track of bogus promises while not addressing the major challenges facing the country.

Number one problem that is trotting the life out of Nigeria's potential is the adulterated and skewed system of government we run in Nigeria that has no correlation with any type of democracy run in any of the developed countries. Our polititians in Nigeria are not accountable to anyone whether their ward, constituents or citizens.

For instance, due to the faulty system of government we have, most local governments exist to share monthly proceeds accorded to them rather than use the funds for infrastructures that will better the life of its citizens. So the system first needs to be redesigned where every citizen is important to the development of their locality, culture, religion etc.

In a country like USA where states like Texas, California etc are as big as the whole of Nigeria, they only have a governor and three senators, but in their local governments/municipals/regions, their is no agency and parastatals that don't exist at the local level, be it police where you have shefiff's dept whose jurisdiction covers local areas and districts while state police dept like NYPD, LAPD etc covers the whole state. While federal law enforcement like FBI, Homeland, ATF etc have jurisdiction over the country where such needs arise.

Another problem is the salaries and allowances of the citizens and workers in the country. The public servants from the councillor to the governor at state level, ministers to Mr president at federal level, the legislatures etc seems to have it large as their take home packages does not corelate with other workers under the labour like the civil servants and private sector.

There should be a comprehensive salary structure by the salary regulatry body and controlled by the ministry of labour, where there will be a template to be followed.

A president does not have to earn more than 5times a professor, federal judges, federal legislatures should be on per and not earn more 2-3 times a prof. Better still case studies of salary structure of developed nations with older "real democary", can be carried out and adopted.

The ministry of labour should be able to protect the interest of its citizens/labourers. Any company or establishment maltreating, underpaying abusing etc its staffs should be appropriately dealt with.

There should be proper identification of ALL citizens of the country. Anyone that cannot be identified cannot vote or do business or enjoy amenities that will be available to citizens only.
The idea of over bloated population number of any area and ward will not arise. The identity card of any citizen will have his/her voter's ID number, BVN and other necessary records incorporated within.

The more you can identity anyone residing anywhere, the more secure that area will be and it will make the work of security outfits simpler.

Another problem is our currency, the highest denomination should not be higher than N100 and the highest transaction with cash should not be higher than N5000 and AT MOST N10000.

This will help curb many corruption and crimes being perpetrated as transactions of citizens and foreigners can be easily tracked by investigatory bodies where there are petitions and accusations of financial crimes.

Suspicious monies beyond the means of any individual can be traced and stolen money can't be spent or laundered easily.
Imaging someone that robs an amount of 5million or more or ritualists, and u can't spend more than N5000 cash at a time and that will be after much begging as there will be extra charges for anyone doing business with cash.

This policy alone can stop 70% of corruption in its track before its being carried out.

These are the type of manifestos we need from new breeds of polititians we want. Manifestos must be innovative and tell us how you want to do things differently from the old ways of making bogus promises with no detailed explanation on how to tackle challenges that has made it difficult for past governments.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Okoyeifeanyi95(m): 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2018
Its easier said than done, anyway Buhari must go
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by swaggprofessor(m): 3:47pm On Apr 20, 2018
OgaDonald:
@APROKOGIRL - Omoyele Sowore

@YeleSowore the founder of @SaharaReporters and aspirant for @NGRPresident 2019 makes bold promises.
*To Create 5 million new jobs.
*Pay all federal workers a minimum wage of N100k per month.
* Build 17 million new homes.
*Expand power capacity to 24,000 MW.
There you have it.

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/2277/2019-presidential-candidate-ceo-sahara-reporters-omoyele-sowore-shares-manifesto-read/

cc; lalasticlala

this is simply another idiotic aspirant or shud I n plain by calling him a lunatic that just forgot to take his meds!!! Does he know the current power of the country that he intends to increase to 24,000mw. I can't read other of his stupid promises cos they all un achievable

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by SternProphet: 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2018
Sowore is more ready than PDP. More ready than Atiku. What a shame
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by MrALIVE: 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
Acidosis:

Many ways like?

How can a right thinking adult like you believe a politician promising to create 5m jobs in 4 years? Even seasoned and longstanding Entrepreneurs like Dangote or Mark don't have 500,000 workers on their payroll.

When you push liars like this into the realm of government, they end up giving you cutlasses and rake to invade the farms in order to make up for the so called 5m jobs. After all they promised you "JOBS" (including wheel barrow pusher jobs), they didn't specify the kind of job.
Take your time to analyze, and ask questions when opportunities arise.

you have gotten used to lies that's why you don't believe that 5 million jobs cannot be created in 4yrs for a population of over 180 million people with a revolutionary leader
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Ofodirinwa: 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2018
this 'manifesto' is something anyone with a laptop can create. There are no concrete plans, measures or directions. Just a list of dream items.
and he supports ranching? lol. he's canceled.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by orisa37: 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2018
*Create 10 million new jobs.
*Pay all federal workers a minimum wage of N100k per month. Graduate Pensions to N1.7m depending on their Level @retirement.
* You can Build 37 million new homes. One million per State and FCT.
*Expand power capacity to 24,000 MW.
* Select any of the followings as your VP:-
Balarabe Musa,
Makarfi
Saraki,
David Mark
God's Blessings!!!
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by vibrant99(m): 4:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
You sit down and type like a Lazy that Buhari just quantified, You are part of the reason this country can never move, why are you urinating in your pants now?
swaggprofessor:
this is simply another idiotic aspirant or shud I n plain by calling him a lunatic that just forgot to take his meds!!! Does he know the current power of the country that he intends to increase to 24,000mw. I can't read other of his stupid promises cos they all un achievable
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by frankmoney(m): 4:53pm On Apr 20, 2018
enlady:

Now I know this Sowore is another Buhari in the making. Do you know we need multi billion dollar investments to generate power deficit of 15,000 MW? All the banks in Nigeria put together cannot finance these for us? What are your medium and long term plans to meet this goal?

Nothing about the concurrent and exclusive legislative list? How will you lobby the national assembly and other stakeholders to amend it? We must start restructuring by taking baby steps

What will you do about access to consumer credit? Our total consumer credit is an abysmally low % of GDP. These are part of ways to rejuvenate the economy
What about human capital development?
exactly what I wanted to say
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
enlady:
I don't consider Trump and Sowore comparable.
Trump ran a business empire before presidency. At least it gave people a chance to have a fair view of his leadership qualities and personality. Also during the campaigns he was brutally down to earth and controversial. His supporters and foe alike knew what was coming. Which Nigerian aspirant will ever do that? They will only recite what we want to hear.

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2018
holyfather:

You can't compare Trump to this youngster. He's just too inexperienced for this... Presidency is not hit and journalism, my friend.

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2018
emperormossad:

I see reasoning in what you say. But last week Saturday I listened to him on radio discuss about his ambitions. He insisted he does not want to run for governor or senate. He said those whose calling involve those positions should do that. He's got his eyes on the top job. I don't really know so much about him, use to read Sahara reporters back then though. But I'll run through his profile and ruminate.
We need to be seeing feasible but daring visions not rhetorics that don't lift a feather.
We need to see plans, not accusations. We got to be very careful. This is a very crucial point in our democracy.

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
People who oppose Sowore fall into one of the following categories:

1. Genuinely ignorant: They are the ones who ask questions civilly and even when they air their doubts you can't help but answer them civilly.

2. Resident Tribalists: These ones are very easy to spot. They spew hatred with their posts so much that you begin to wonder if they've had a one-on-one with the man before.

They swear with their lives and on their parents' graves that they will never vote for Sowore even if it would save then from going to hell.

They hate him because he was instrumental in kicking out the corrupt government of the infamous drunken ineffectual buffoon.

They tell you that they can never vote for him because he is Yoruba.

Most of them hide under the fact that he supported Buhari so they can't trust his judgement.

3. The Perpetually Immature: To these ones everything is a joke. They are never serious. They think politics section is their daddy's front yard where they can play in the mud.

They put the man down without offering any constructive criticism. Neither do they suggest who they'd like to vote for probably because they are not of voting age yet.

They spew stuff like, "he is joking", " he should go and contest for councillorship ", " he can't achieve it ", " he is inexperienced ", blah blah blah

#modified

I forgot to add these very important bunch of human beings.

4. Destiny Sellers:

These are the ones who have sold their destinies and mortgaged their children's own to politicians.

They will come here and defend Buhari and Atiku, including Saraki and Dino.

They are only about their stomach and what they can fill it with at the moment. No thought about tomorrow ever crosses their minds.

They believe in the politician that pays the most during election period, out pays them to go across social media and launder their rotten images.

These ones have sold their souls to Satan.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Yahami(m): 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2018
I stand with sowore #takebacknigeria from old ones

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by emperormossad(m): 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
enlady:
Ok. Can he give us a nitty gritty of the blue print and time line for implementing each promise?
Most of the big time projects ongoing today are PPP funded or loans. Those trillions we talk about in the annual budget include debt servicing

You're right. Perhaps a peek into how he intends to carry out these plans won't be bad.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Proffeluczy1(m): 7:48pm On Apr 20, 2018
Nigeria politicians will never cease to amuse me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community / EFCC Reacts To Claims That It Is Only Going After Christian PDP Public Officers / Ballot Thieves Snatch Ballot Box In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.