Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,236 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto (19978 Views)

​Atiku Abubakar Launches World’s First Emoji Manifesto To Target Youth Voters / Detractors At Work: Fake Omoyele Sowore Manifesto In Circulation / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by omohayek: 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
5thElement:
People who oppose Sowore fall into one of the following categories:

1. Genuinely ignorant: They are the ones who ask questions civilly and even when they air their doubts you can't help but answer them civilly.

2. Resident Tribalists: These ones are very easy to spot. They spew hatred with their posts so much that you begin to wonder if they've had a one-on-one with the man before.

They swear with their lives and on their parents' graves that they will never vote for Sowore even if it would save then from going to hell.

They hate him because he was instrumental in kicking out the corrupt government of the infamous drunken ineffectual buffoon.

They tell you that they can never vote for him because he is Yoruba.

Most of them hide under the fact that he supported Buhari so they can't trust his judgement.

3. The Perpetually Immature: To these ones everything is a joke. They are never serious. They think politics section is their daddy's front yard where they can play in the mud.

They put the man down without offering any constructive criticism. Neither do they suggest who they'd like to vote for probably because they are not of voting age yet.

They spew stuff like, "he is joking", " he should go and contest for councillorship ", " he can't achieve it ", " he is inexperienced ", blah blah blah

#modified

I forgot to add these very important bunch of human beings.

4. Destiny Sellers:

These are the ones who have sold their destinies and mortgaged their children's own to politicians.

They will come here and defend Buhari and Atiku, including Saraki and Dino.

They are only about their stomach and what they can fill it with at the moment. No thought about tomorrow ever crosses their minds.

They believe in the politician that pays the most during election period, out pays them to go across social media and launder their rotten images.

These ones have sold their souls to Satan.
Oh nonsense! You've just bashed out a lot of ad hominem up there while patting yourself on the back thinking you wrote something worth more than the horse manure it is.

There are plenty of sound reasons for refusing to back Sowore's candidacy, none of which have to do with tribalism or any affection for the rotten carcass that is the PDP: for one thing, as this joke of a "manifesto" indicates, Sowore doesn't seem to have much of a clue about what it will take to govern better than the likes of Buhari or GEJ, and the only selling point he has is the dubious one of "youth", as if Nigerian history alone weren't full of leaders who were "youths" but turned out to be vicious, corrupt and incompetent to boot.

To anyone who has bothered to follow political campaigns in places like Europe or North America, what Sowore is offering here is ludicrously amateurish and devoid of intellectual substance. Any fool can make the sorts of promises he's done here, and one of the most damning criticisms of Buhari is that he made all sorts of pie in the sky promises he never stood a chance of keeping, but Sowore hasn't even managed to learn from that elementary lesson. A serious candidate with more than "youth" to offer would be putting together concrete policy proposals on matters such as policing, LGA independence, decentralization of power, privatization of parastatals, deregulation of the petroleum sector, judicial reforms to cut trial times and costs, improving FDI, etc., and to this end, such a candidate would be bringing onboard subject-matter experts who would help turn his or her desired goals into something that could actually be brought to pass. Sowore has lived for several years in the USA, a country in which such things are taken for granted in politics, and yet his campaign fails to reflect even the sophistication of someone running for the office of Mayor in an American small town!

Both the APC and PDP are jokes, and they are very much in need of replacement by something better, but all indications thus far are that Sowore is not that person. He hasn't given the slightest indication that he's got the brains to do the job any better than the thief from Otuoke or the senile coup-plotter from Daura.

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 20, 2018
[quote author=omohayek post=66888012]

[s]Oh nonsense! You've just bashed out a lot of ad hominem up there while patting yourself on the back thinking you wrote something worth more than the horse manure it is.[/s]

There are plenty of sound reasons for refusing to back Sowore's candidacy, none of which have to do with tribalism or any affection for the rotten carcass that is the PDP: for one thing, as this joke of a "manifesto" indicates, Sowore doesn't seem to have much of a clue about what it will take to govern better than the likes of Buhari or GEJ, and the only selling point he has is the dubious one of "youth", as if Nigerian history alone weren't full of leaders who were "youths" but turned out to be vicious, corrupt and incompetent to boot.

All you've just said up there is irrelevant. Watch his one-on-one with the minister and hear him say that he doesn't want the self entitlement that goes with "vote for me because I'm a youth". You say his only selling point is his youthful nature. Bunkum. Just tell us you don't know anything about the chap and keep kwayet. You that has a clue why are you hiding in your bedroom. Come out and contest. They won't do, yet won't allow someone who wants to do do.

To anyone who has bothered to follow political campaigns in places like Europe or North America, what Sowore is offering here is ludicrously amateurish and devoid of intellectual substance.

Ludicrous. So you are one of those who think the white man is superior. What a pity. You may be ignorant of the fact that there is no country without its own problems.

Just look at you. You want to use European solutions for African problems. You are truly smart indeed.

Any fool can make the sorts of promises he's done here, and one of the most damning criticisms of Buhari is that he made all sorts of pie in the sky promises he never stood a chance of keeping, but Sowore hasn't even managed to learn from that elementary lesson. A serious candidate with more than "youth" to offer would be putting together concrete policy proposals on matters such as policing, LGA independence, decentralization of power, privatization of parastatals, deregulation of the petroleum sector, judicial reforms to cut trial times and costs, improving FDI, etc., and to this end, such a candidate would be bringing onboard subject-matter experts who would help turn his or her desired goals into something that could actually be brought to pass. Sowore has lived for several years in the USA, a country in which such things are taken for granted in politics, and yet his campaign fails to reflect even the sophistication of someone running for the office of Mayor in an American small town!

Indeed. And any fool can criticize without offering anything meaningful. Point to that democracy where the politicians don't make promises during campaign. If they don't make promises what do you want them to make?

One expect you to channel your energy in asking for a comprehensive blueprint of how he's going to make all these work.

Anyone who isn't naïve knows that this is only a preliminary document, more like a summary. It's not meant to contain blueprints.

You that you have witnessed European and American elections tell me where you see a candidate that's comes with a 1000 page document with blueprints and ask as his campaign manifesto.

O ma she o. The likes of PDP and APC have so bastardized the senses of most Nigerian youths into thinking that running the country is rocket science

If expect an intelligent person to pick the points in the manifesto one by one and tell us why he won't be able to achieve them but what do we get... Bland opinionated balderdash from people who think they know everything.

We need to up the quality of discussions if we are to deliver this country from rapacious rulers.

Smh. You want him to flood the media space with his blueprint so that other candidates can steal his ideas.

Not very bright thinking, I'd say.

Both the APC and PDP are jokes, and they are very much in need of replacement by something better, but all indications thus far are that Sowore is not that person. He hasn't given the slightest indication that he's got the brains to do the job any better than the thief from Otuoke or the senile coup-plotter from Daura.

Lol. Your simply hilarious. What are the indications so far that tell you that Sowore hang got the brains to do the job? List them for me, I'm interested.

Your just throwing stuff stuff around. I'm not sure even you know what you are saying.

If you check my first post you'll find your category there alright.

Where were you when this guy was risking his life in the 90s fighting military dictatorship for democracy?

Lemme guess, you were still a foetus?

Are you aware that this guy Sowore has built an enviable name for himself in the realm of investigative journalism, a name that peeps like you can only dream about?

He has established a successful brand name in Sahara Reporters and most of what you know today that makes you confident to call Jonathan a thief was actually through his active participation in journalism?

Be going around and be denouncing him.

He has made known his intentions for the seat of the Nigerian presidency, you who feel you know are yet to come out of your shell.

If you won't vote for him am sure others will.

The least you can do for yourself is to find out more about the chap so that whenever you want to counter him online you won't be running around with vague phrases like " by all indications thus far he can't do the job", " he hasn't given the slightest indication blah blah blah".
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by swaggprofessor(m): 10:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
vibrant99:
You sit down and type like a Lazy that Buhari just quantified, You are part of the reason this country can never move, why are you urinating in your pants now?
Normally, ur stupidity doesnt require an Answer bt as a patriotic Nigeria I just can't sit with folded arms while u flaunt ur idiotism with so much pride!!!!... Humor me, By telling how many substations would he build to bring such vast increase if 38power stations can only produce abit above 5000MW Pls reply, am currently expecting u to display another brand of stupidity that wud make laugh harder than watching Tom in TOM N JERRY?
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by MrALIVE: 10:31pm On Apr 20, 2018
omohayek:

Oh nonsense! You've just bashed out a lot of ad hominem up there while patting yourself on the back thinking you wrote something worth more than the horse manure it is.

To anyone who has bothered to follow political campaigns in places like Europe or North America, what Sowore is offering here is ludicrously amateurish and devoid of intellectual substance. Any fool can make the sorts of promises he's done here, and one of the most damning criticisms of Buhari is that he made all sorts of pie in the sky promises he never stood a chance of keeping, but Sowore hasn't even managed to learn from that elementary lesson. A serious candidate with more than "youth" to offer would be putting together concrete policy proposals on matters such as policing, LGA independence, decentralization of power, privatization of parastatals, deregulation of the petroleum sector, judicial reforms to cut trial times and costs, improving FDI, etc., and to this end, such a candidate would be bringing onboard subject-matter experts who would help turn his or her desired goals into something that could actually be brought to pass. Sowore has lived for several years in the USA, a country in which such things are taken for granted in politics, and yet his campaign fails to reflect even the sophistication of someone running for the office of Mayor in an American small town!

your problem is trying to show you know something but whereas you are empty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by omohayek: 7:42am On Apr 21, 2018
5thElement:
Much irrelevant bunkum excluded
You're as unintelligent as you're long-winded, not blessed with even the brainpower required to think your way out of a cardboard box. No wonder you think this joke of a manifesto is the harbinger of a savior, rather than seeing it for the proof of Sowore's cluelessness that it really is.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by omohayek: 7:44am On Apr 21, 2018
MrALIVE:
your problem is trying to show you know something but whereas you are empty
Look, another mouth-breather unwittingly engaged in projection of his own deficiencies onto others! You couldn't even muster the rudiments of an argument, didn't attempt to logically or factually dispute a single thing I said, but think yourself profound for having said absolutely nothing at all. Like I said with the other Sowore-supporting zombie above, you're just another clown willing to be led down the path to nowhere by the newest pied-piper in town, nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 21, 2018
omohayek:

[s]You're as unintelligent as you're long-winded, not blessed with even the brainpower required to think your way out of a cardboard box. No wonder you think this joke of a manifesto is the harbinger of a savior, rather than seeing it for the proof of Sowore's cluelessness that it really is.[/s]

You can exit my mentions now and crawl back to where you came from. Thank you.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by omohayek: 8:13am On Apr 21, 2018
5thElement:

You can exit my mentions now and crawl back to where you came from. Thank you.
You scurry back into whatever crevice you crawled out of, like the illiterate cockroach you are, and you won't have to worry about my appearing in your "mentions".

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 21, 2018
omohayek:

Yes sir. I'll scurry back into whatever crevice I crawled out of, like the illiterate cockroach I am, sorry for disturbing you sir and you won't have to worry about my appearing in your "mentions" ever again.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by trillville(m): 8:27am On Apr 21, 2018
Two people I see as intelligent fighting over nothing.

Cool your tempers. Both of you have made valid points. Sowore's manifesto is similar to the general Nigerian manifesto. Some people may be disappointed at this. Sowore's team may have valid reasons for this.

Personally, I think he needs an identity other than being a youth. Being a investigative journalist, he can legitimately claim to be an anti-corruption crusader. Buhari also makes this claim, so Sowore will have to spell out how he will be different from buhari in carryout his war. This could make up the bulk of his manifesto.

Buhari has sort of made the anti-corruption war unpopular so maybe he should focus squarely on the economy. Although he is not an economist, he should lay out a plan that shows the sacrifices Nigerians are going to have to make to succeed and he should inspire hope by stating examples of countries that at some point were in worse situations than us but we're able to pull through using policies similar to his plan. He can look at several examples in history such as
Roger Douglas economic policies in New Zealand, Pierre Trudeau's campaign and policies in Canada, and
Paul Kagame's policies in Rwanda.
These ideas would not only win the elections by the grace of God but will also improve the Nigerian society for good.

I personally will vote for a youth no matter what. Whether all the youths are stupid, they cannot all be worse than our current crop of leaders. Vote Sowore as President in 2019.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by omohayek: 8:28am On Apr 21, 2018
5thElement:

Stolen material rewritten in a weak attempt at seeming clever.
By God you're dumb! As if anyone with a working brain and functioning eyes couldn't read the source of your stupid plagiarized attempt at a retort. Keep on revealing your low IQ for the entire world to see.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by omohayek: 8:29am On Apr 21, 2018
trillville:
Two people I see as intelligent fighting over nothing.
I'm shocked that you see anything intelligent in a clown who had nothing to offer to rebut my criticisms of Sowore other than verbal diarrhea laced with ad-hominems.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 21, 2018
omohayek:

By God I'm so so dumb! As if anyone with a working brain and functioning eyes couldn't read the source of my stupid plagiarized attempt at a retort. I'll keep on revealing my low IQ for the entire world to see. It's the only thing I'm good at. embarassed
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 21, 2018
omohayek:

I'm shocked that you see anything intelligent in a clown who had nothing to offer to rebut my criticisms of Sowore other than verbal diarrhea laced with ad-hominems.

Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by IBBG(m): 9:16am On Apr 21, 2018
MrALIVE:
I disagree.true leadership and willingness to do the right thing is not measured by any government position you have occupied in the past..al of them who claim to be former this and former that have all failed woefully
the present president never occupied or chair any thing or lead any group or organization after been ousted from power during the coup. But when he was campaigning for this post, it was all rhetorics not knowing what governance in this terrain especially in democracy entails. Look at how his performance has turn out. Nigeria is not like America whose governance has been developed into systems such that even a slowpoke will be made to look like a genius when he is at helm of affairs. Nigeria is one of the countries that takes more than sound rhetorics to lead. Even if apply you for a job, they will still ask for working experience, or employment history, because they want to see your track record. Heck even banks also ask for credit history in order to establish a track record and boost their confidence. At this point in time in our history, we can't just entrust the destiny of over 200 million people to someone based on faith alone.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by IBBG(m): 9:31am On Apr 21, 2018
emperormossad:

I see reasoning in what you say. But last week Saturday I listened to him on radio discuss about his ambitions. He insisted he does not want to run for governor or senate. He said those whose calling involve those positions should do that. He's got his eyes on the top job. I don't really know so much about him, use to read Sahara reporters back then though. But I'll run through his profile and ruminate.
We need to be seeing feasible but daring visions not rhetorics that don't lift a feather.
We need to see plans, not accusations. We got to be very careful. This is a very crucial point in our democracy.
you don't just wake one day and decide to run for president especially in country like nigeria. If that has been his ambition then he should have started contesting for political positions before now. All of this process moulds and develops you in the art of diplomacy. dare i say that if hand over the presidency to Sowore he will fail, because Nigeria is not like America that is highly sytematized such that even dummy at the helm of affairs will be made to look like a genius because of strong and functional system on ground. In country like nigeria with no system, you need political experince otherwise you will be roasted and made to look like a nincompoop by the political hawks and vultures. E.g GEJ and now PMB. To me Sowore is not ready to be our president. As an entrepreneur, i will rather entrust my company to a manager with track record of perfomance and prior experince than to a manager with no track and no track record. We can't blindly hand over the destiny of over 200 million people to somebody with no track record. In the business world that is suicicdal, how much more an entire country.
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by IBBG(m): 9:35am On Apr 21, 2018
yemaldo:

Trump is new to politics and he's doing fine
American govt has been developed into system, even a dummy will look great as American president. Nigeria has no system, we can't afford a newbie with no track record. he will be a disaster
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by justmenoni: 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
grin grin as usual
Re: 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto by emperormossad(m): 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2018
IBBG:
you don't just wake one day and decide to run for president especially in country like nigeria. If that has been his ambition then he should have started contesting for political positions before now. All of this process moulds and develops you in the art of diplomacy. dare i say that if hand over the presidency to Sowore he will fail, because Nigeria is not like America that is highly sytematized such that even dummy at the helm of affairs will be made to look like a genius because of strong and functional system on ground. In country like nigeria with no system, you need political experince otherwise you will be roasted and made to look like a nincompoop by the political hawks and vultures. E.g GEJ and now PMB. To me Sowore is not ready to be our president. As an entrepreneur, i will rather entrust my company to a manager with track record of perfomance and prior experince than to a manager with no track and no track record. We can't blindly hand over the destiny of over 200 million people to somebody with no track record. In the business world that is suicicdal, how much more an entire country.

My brother I get your points. Without doubts they're quite thorny and I wouldn't want to wish them away by a flick of my hand. But I know he's been in around the political arena, right from the days of M.K.O Abiola of blessed memory. I also believe others will still declare their intentions. But what I will not settle for is anyone who has played a prominent role in our politics from 1960. They've has their opportunities and I've seen what they're capable of doing giving the number of times they've had to steer our bold nation in the right direction. But I still ask? What has this experience done for us? Has it made our leaders better? Has it made them more responsible? Have our experience about lives from 1960 change the way we run democracy? I do not feel comfortable towing that direction considering its repeated mishaps. Check it, every one of them didn't just get into the office now, this is not their first time, they've been around long enough, what has the experience done for them?
Nothing!
It has only emboldened them to feast on our commonwealth knowing nothing will happen to them.
I'd rather go with fresh nitwits who are willing to work. Let them get their own experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP / Nigeria To Launch 2 New Satellites With China Loan - Shittu / 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.