Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! (1365 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Man Dies Watching Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by Chxta(m): 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2005
I have never met Alhaji Galadima, but from a distance, he strikes me as an interesting character study, with multiple layers of paradox...

He came on the seat on the premise of a much vaunted high moral principle, which for the most part has not been contradicted. That is the good part. To this, and over four years of constant wrangling,[i] he has seemingly delivered Nigerian football from the stranglehold of the State, [/i]represented by the Federal Ministry of Sports, outliving two Ministers, both literally and figuratively, and now facing down a third, with the added possibly of armoured tanks!

Within this period, expectedly, the affairs of the FA, has swung hither, tither, like a pendulum, culminating in the disastrous decision to play the crucial WCQ vs Angola in Kano, and our qualification going up in smoke!

From the same Ministry that he steadfastly fought for control, Galadima repeatedly sought funds!! And with self-righteous indignation!

But whatever becomes of him within this crisis (I suspect an arrest is not far from the horizon), he goes down in history as the one person who recognized the critical need to wrest control of football from Government. [/b]Never mind that the majority of regional reps on the Board are from State FAs, set up, owned and paid for by state governments!

[b]For all the "good" he may have done, Galadima should have resigned when we failed to make the World Cup.

In finally choosing to hold the election in the manner he did, an election which IMO he would've won anyway (since in Naija the incumbent always wins), he opened himself to suspicion of never seeing beyond his self interest.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out...

Since Galadima's re-election yesterday,

*The Sports Ministry has recalled all its delegates from the NFA...

*The Police have sealed the NFA Headquarters...

*Most annoyingly, the authorities of the Eagles training camp in Faro, Portugal are threatening to throw the team out of the camp for non payment of bills.

It is going to even get more embarrassing for us I promise you.

However, one must not fail to note that in the contigent of aspirants who boycotted the Kano Congress was one Segun Odegbanmi, who for all his achievements and knowledge of the game, continues to represent the worst in perfidy...

Nigerian football is going to stutter for the next four years I tell you, with this bunch of jokers that have now been 'elected' to represent us.

I personally, will stop following the Super Eagles until July 17 2010 (projected final match of SA 2010)! I LIKE MYSELF, I DON'T NEED A HEART ATTACK.
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by snazzydawn(f): 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2005
well,that is,if you don't get a heart attack before then!!! tongue
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by Akolawole(m): 12:16am On Dec 31, 2005
Though it is disappointing that he returns to that office but i heared Amos Adamu will report to FIFA on what happen in Abuja then Kano.

Even if Galadima returns to glass house Abuja, I WILL SUPPORT MY COUNTRY.
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by LoverBwoy(m): 2:37am On Dec 31, 2005
Apparently the hotel accommodating the BUBA EAGLES HAVE SEIZED THEIR PASSPORT FOR NON PAYMENT !!!

THE thing i dnt get is that..... we experience this year in year out!!! and FAILURE to qualify for germany 2006 would start a new "due process" , early preparations and not underestimating opponent era!!!

As u rightly said it would get more embarrasing for us!

when u say something bad about the country all u hear is afterall its ur country why dnt u go back n do something! kmt like
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by otokx(m): 9:23am On Dec 31, 2005
its a pity why things have been allowed to deteriorate.
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by Akolawole(m): 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2005
@ LoverBwoy

Where did you get your story ?
A friend just came back from faro confirm he saw them trainning
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by bagoma(f): 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2005
@ chxta,
it looks very bleak for nigeria. indeed i fear it will become even more embarrassing for us.

but my brother, i bet you wont be able to stop ur eyes from watching the eagles. tongue
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by Chxta(m): 1:03am On Jan 02, 2006
Easier said than done, I accept...

Pray for me!
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by bagoma(f): 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2006
wink cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by LoverBwoy(m): 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2006
Akolawole

@ http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17698652-23210,00.html
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by Akolawole(m): 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2006
@ LoverBwoy
I hve read the link but i will always have reservation for foreign press but i would believe Larry Izamouje, Feyi Ogunduyile, African sports show et la.

My friend see them train in Faro and i believe him but don't forget that is not the first time we would be camping in Faro.
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by LoverBwoy(m): 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2006
i wondered the same aswell
If they had a problem for the friendlies they played before the last matches of the world cup qualifers...they wont give them access to the same hotel....
As u cant trust the NFA press people who wil always say everything is fine....or in some cases say different things (Katsina,Kano,Abuja) one is always incline to google it and the first reports will be from international agents

I wonder why they cant have general T.V coverage/ and press conference in the camp so we will be kept updated cool
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by Chxta(m): 1:31am On Jan 03, 2006
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by Chxta(m): 1:32am On Jan 03, 2006
@ Akolawole, there is truth to the rumor...
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by Akolawole(m): 2:43am On Jan 03, 2006
May be they allow them to to use the facilities until they bring their money.
The major problem is Galadima's face off with Sports minister.
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by Oracle(m): 1:29am On Jan 05, 2006
SUPER EAGLES
Cant u see how super they are

Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by princesa(f): 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2008
Did i ever say how much I love and cant trade them no matter how disappionting or encouraging they turn out to be? cheesy
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by A40(m): 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2008
This thread is still on? since 2005 shocked
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by princesa(f): 9:27am On Jul 25, 2008
did you wnat to kill it

thank God your plan no work grin
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by A40(m): 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2008
princesa:

did you wnat to kill it

thank God your plan no work grin
Na wah for you ooh!! i just expressed suprise now! have you seen my post on this thread before
Re: Watching Super Eagles? Count Me Out! by princesa(f): 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2008
not atall handsome wink
any reason why i should undecided

(1) (Reply)

Redskins Or Cowboys / Usa Vs Ghana / Italy Vs Ukraine: World Cup 2006 Quarter-Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.