Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani (32945 Views)

Why Sowore Deserves To Be Forgiven By Goodluck Jonathan Supporters – FFK / Necessary Evil: Buhari Should Apologize To FCT Residents Over Name-Calling - PDP / Arewa Youths - Buhari Has Performed Below Expectation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by BadBradley: 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Mr man, I take offence to that, can you kindly argue constructively,
Kindly point to the minute in the video where Nigerian youths were called lazy.

You guys might have gone to school, but am I'm sorry to say you are not educated.

Educated man that doesn't know the difference between "am and I'm".

Dumb attention-craving, political hireling.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by freeze001(f): 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa I am still waiting for a response to this post.

freeze001:

Beyond the stage, why was he unable to address issues raised in the question asked? Is it that he doesn't understand English? I know if ask u ur thought on investment in the North East and free trade in Africa even just between us where staging is not in issue, u will not start telling me about a lot of uneducated, lazy youths waiting for free handouts. So my question is, what was the connection? Should such statement have come up in response to those questions no matter the venue?

U know that's how he made that galling 97% and 5% arithmetic. A simple question about inclusive governance and the Niger Delta saw him yakking about election results and how this who gave 97% cannot be treated equally with those who gave 5%.

1 Like

Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by pauljumbo: 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
I have watched that video over and over again and am yet to see where he said Nigerian youths are lazy, can someone point to the exact spot for me.

Please advice him to make more of such statements

It will help him at next year election

1 Like

Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Fazemood(m): 7:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Responding to a question, President Buhari had cause to talk about some Nigerian youths, and he said: "We have a very young population; our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. More than 60 percent of the population is below the age of 30. A lot of them have not been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria has been an oil producing country, therefore they should sit and do nothing and get housing, healthcare, and education free

I believe that a lot of them is the cause of the problem.

I have explained this times without number, that in a country of 100 million youths, if as small in number as 200,000 are misled that is a lot.
Do not look at the percentage or fraction, look at the actual number.

Okay. I've work to do. Buhari won't give me 30k this night if I continue mention him with you and abandon my responsibility
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Penistrate: 7:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
I think the man was directing the statement to those who don't want to school but expect freebies. I don't like the Buhari man but the statement isn't as bad as I thought till I watched the video.
freeze001:

I know you didn't hear 'lazy' but I'm sure you heard him say 'they sit and do nothing, expecting to get healthcare and the likes free'. Now when someone says a lot of people sit and do nothing while waiting for freebies, can u explain that phrase in one word?
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by deomelllo: 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2018
Penistrate:
I think the man was directing the statement to those who don't want to school but expect freebies. I don't like the Buhari man but the statement isn't as bad as I thought till I watched the video.

Same thing here till I washed the video. I stayed away from the conversation and refused to defend the president, but it changed after watching the video.

The president actually made a very valid, rational and solid point.

The uneducated youths PMB was talking about are obviously the ones sadly bothered because they are either uneducated or just too lazy to read and comprehend simple English words.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by freeze001(f): 7:24pm On Apr 20, 2018
Penistrate:

He didn't say a lot of them didn't want to go to school. He said a lot of them hadn't been to school. Some factors are responsible for this including poor governance and religious brainwashing and conditioning.
That said, did u catch the question he was asked before he made that 'not so bad' statement?

1 Like

Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by 41lady(m): 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Mr man kindly point where he called Nigerian youths lazy, I might have missed it, I have provided references to the one i watched.
Mr woman it seems you lack understanding of simple English, when I said you like "sitting down doing nothing" but just to wait for free housing, food and education what does it mean?

I don't blame you, it is the fault of obasanjo that brought mobile phone to your village and U have access to mobile data to come here and be asking of exact word.

Do you know what is called "paraphrase"? If not it means reconstructing sentence using different words but giving same meaning. Sitting doing nothing is same thing as been lazy, get it into your skull
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by deomelllo: 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2018
freeze001:

He didn't say a lot of them didn't want to go to school. He said a lot of them hadn't been to school. Soant factors are responsible for this including poor governance and religious brainwashing and conditioning.
That said, did u catch the question he was asked before he made that 'not so bad' statement?

Do we not have uneducated youths in NIGERIA or you are just mad and upset that the president was candid and honest?

In case you are still in the dark about youth illiteracy in Nigeria, it's at 72.8%.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by deomelllo: 7:38pm On Apr 20, 2018
41lady:

Mr woman it seems you lack understanding of simple English, when I said you like "sitting down doing nothing" but just to wait for free housing, food and education what does it mean?

I don't blame you, it is the fault of obasanjo that brought mobile phone to your village and U have access to mobile data to come here and be asking of exact word.

Do you know what is called "paraphrase"? If not it means reconstructing sentence using different words but giving same meaning. Sitting doing nothing is same thing as been lazy, get it into your skull

This is how uneducated people and illiterates fail WAEC, so, this is going to be your answer if asked by WAEC to say YES or No if the president uttered the word lazy?

See how mentally lazy and uneducated you are?
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by JesuskidNo1(m): 7:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
Yes, the President owes the Youths of the Nation an apology, but even if the President should render an apology to them he is not entitled to their forgiveness, except in totality he stops making derogatory statements about the citizens of the Nation. Let's face it, this is not the first time he's Badmouthing the populace at large and probably won't be the last.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by neyobills: 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
deomelllo:

Obviously, you've never been out of Nigeria before, governments doesn't provide electricity and water and in the case of municipal water/Non privatized, you pay for it.

Where did this one germinate from,you too want to feel among shey,u are talking from both sides of the mouth you said governments do not provide water and u still come around to talk about municipal water,municipal provinces is equivalent to state governments in Nigeria so u shot yourself in to foot with that,I also never said it should be provided by government free of charge so your basis for argument is flawed.

However I still maintain that it is the responsibility of government at least in saner climes to provide water.

California state as a case study

Central Valley Project

In the 1930s, the federal government got involved, building the Central Valley Project (CVP) to support the arid but fertile Central Valley and its agricultural economy. Built by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, the CVP transports water from Lake Shasta in the north to Bakersfield in the southern San Joaquin Valley.

State Water Project

California’s State Water Project (SWP) was constructed in the 1960s and 1970s to supply water to more than 25 million people and about a million acres of farmland. Planned, constructed,and operated by DWR, it is one of the world’s most extensive systems of dams, reservoirs, power plants, pumping plants and aqueducts and remains key to California’s economy. The Edmonston Pumping Plant, south of the Tehachapi Mountains, pumps water 1,926 feet up and over the ridge into Southern California, making it the world’s tallest water lift.

In a bid to feel among like some janded guy u made a compete fool of yourself and a brazen display of ignorance, next time use that thing between us ears before u quote me ever again.

1 Like

Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by lasmile(f): 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2018
I will not and I doubt if any Nigerian Youth will be so insane to think of forgiven Mr President, president Buhari has no regard for the Youths of this country.

#KAIBuahari is the only thing that came to my mind now. I am not happy.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by OChimex: 7:53pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Mr man kindly point where he called Nigerian youths lazy, I might have missed it, I have provided references to the one i watched.

Get your dictionary and look up the definition of lazy... then watch the video thereafter...
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by YorubaEmir: 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

And he was right.

So now you agree you need a brain grin
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
41lady:

So what is wrong if I ask you to paraphrase, when I can't understand what you initially wrote, I can see that insults is your forte. Good luck with that.
When someone can not understand the difference between Nigerian youths are lazy and a lot of people who are uneducated and are expecting freebies because we are an oil producing nation.
I believe you really need that which you are trying to give.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
OChimex:

Get your dictionary and look up the definition of lazy... then watch the video thereafter...
I know the definition of lazy, I said show me where he said Nigerian youths are lazy.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by freeze001(f): 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
deomelllo:

Do we not have uneducated youths in NIGERIA or you are just mad and upset that the president was candid and honest?

In case you are still in the dark about youth illiteracy in Nigeria, it's at 72.8%.

Did u catch the question he was asked before he made that statement? What was the correlation? Why should such denigrating statement be made even of one youth on an international stage?
What moral justification does one like Buhari who has lived off the government free of charge from his teenage years have to even berate youths that supposedly expect free education and healthcare? Is that too much to ask?
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by freeze001(f): 8:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

So what is wrong if I ask you to paraphrase, when I can't understand what you initially wrote, I can see that insults is your forte. Good luck with that.
When someone can not understand the difference between Nigerian youths are lazy and a lot of people who are uneducated sit and do nothing and are expecting freebies because we are an oil producing nation.
I believe you really need that which you are trying to give.

Never skip the bold part.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2018
freeze001:

Never skip the bold part.
So what is wrong with the bold part, is it a lie
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
freeze001:

Did u catch the question he was asked before he made that statement? What was the correlation? Why should such denigrating statement be made even of one youth on an international stage?
What moral justification does one like Buhari who has lived off the government free of charge from his teenage years have to even berate youths that supposedly expect free education and healthcare? Is that too much to ask?

Can you address the issue at hand, which is Nigerian youths being called lazy as a misconstrued sentence instead of changing topic.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by freeze001(f): 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

So what is wrong with the bold part, is it a lie

Go and respond to my other post na.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:23pm On Apr 20, 2018
freeze001:

Go and respond to my other post na.
which particular one, I have a lot of mentions, I skipped a lot
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by freeze001(f): 8:24pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Can you address the issue at hand, which is Nigerian youths being called lazy as a misconstrued sentence instead of changing topic.

And my argument is that beyond the callous and disrespectful nature of the statement, it shouldn't even have been made in the first place because the question he was asked never required such a statement. He had no cause other than hatred for Nigerians because he sees himself as the only righteous and upright one.

At least understand and admit that he's the chief illiterate that doesn't even understand simple questions put to him or perhaps senility has set in.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by freeze001(f): 8:26pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
which particular one, I have a lot of mentions, I skipped a lot

freeze001:

Beyond the stage, why was he unable to address issues raised in the question asked? Is it that he doesn't understand English? I know if ask u ur thought on investment in the North East and free trade in Africa even just between us where staging is not in issue, u will not start telling me about a lot of uneducated, lazy youths waiting for free handouts. So my question is, what was the connection? Should such statement have come up in response to those questions no matter the venue?

U know that's how he made that galling 97% and 5% arithmetic. A simple question about inclusive governance and the Niger Delta saw him yakking about election results and how this who gave 97% cannot be treated equally with those who gave 5%.

And don't go asking me to stay on one point. Other points are relevant too.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:29pm On Apr 20, 2018
freeze001:

And my argument is that beyond the callous and disrespectful nature of the statement, it shouldn't even have been made in the first place because the question he was asked never required such a statement. He had no cause other than hatred for Nigerians because he sees himself as the only righteous and upright one.

At least understand and admit that he's the chief illiterate that doesn't even understand simple questions put to him or perhaps senility has set in.

Shifting goal post again.

I have said to you more than once, that where he said that was wrong, but his statement was correct, even though it has been twisted.

Once again I ask you a simple question, where did he say Nigerian youths are lazy.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
freeze001:

And don't go asking me to stay on one point. Other points are relevant too.
I have already answered your questions to that.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Bombolistic: 8:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
And that must be done at international level. Biko
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by deomelllo: 8:31pm On Apr 20, 2018
neyobills:

Where did this one germinate from,you too want to feel among shey,u are talking from both sides of the mouth you said governments do not provide water and u still come around to talk about municipal water,municipal provinces is equivalent to state governments in Nigeria so u shot yourself in to foot with that,I also never said it should be provided by government free of charge so your basis for argument is flawed.

However I still maintain that it is the responsibility of government at least in saner climes to provide water.

California state as a case study

Central Valley Project

In the 1930s, the federal government got involved, building the Central Valley Project (CVP) to support the arid but fertile Central Valley and its agricultural economy. Built by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, the CVP transports water from Lake Shasta in the north to Bakersfield in the southern San Joaquin Valley.

State Water Project

California’s State Water Project (SWP) was constructed in the 1960s and 1970s to supply water to more than 25 million people and about a million acres of farmland. Planned, constructed,and operated by DWR, it is one of the world’s most extensive systems of dams, reservoirs, power plants, pumping plants and aqueducts and remains key to California’s economy. The Edmonston Pumping Plant, south of the Tehachapi Mountains, pumps water 1,926 feet up and over the ridge into Southern California, making it the world’s tallest water lift.

In a bid to feel among like some janded guy u made a compete fool of yourself and a brazen display of ignorance, next time use that thing between us ears before u quote me ever again.

Reading and comprehension failed you again, I said they don't provide electricity and water and in cases where they do provide municipal wat, you still have to pay, you don't get it free of charge. Even in Lagos state, you still have to pay for water and your DISCO doesn't give you free electricity, you pay for it, so, your general argument about the government providing such basics was false and ill-informed.

You are a little misguided per your California example, I lived in California for several years and I paid for every drop of water I used regardless the source, private or municipal. The fact that they built water infrastructures doesn't mean the general public get free water, they don't, they pay for every drop they use.

You haven't left your village and you are making silly claims about places you know nothing about?

I see you latched on to water and conveniently and deceptively ignored your electricity claim.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by REBREED(m): 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
Mr President owes no one no appology!
Yes a youths has got to hustle! So if its getting to u den u know u are actually lazy and u are d ones being referred to,
-
Bible says work whilst its day night cometh wen no man can work!
-
If u be hustler like me it won't pain u! only d actually lazy na dem e dey pain
-
The average southeasten youth will careless, cos dem are hustlers! But d south south youths will wanna die! cos most of dem are actually lazy! dey sit and rely on "Papa's Land"
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by biggy26: 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

From which time stamp and what do you want me to observe
The fact that u are readily available to respond to all d watch it again comments, means u aren't busy with any serious work. Could it be what Pmb described? No offence o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The State Of Commissioned Akwa-Ibom State Secretariat / Atiku Returns To Nigeria Ahead Of International Press Conference Over CSU Saga / Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.