Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani (32946 Views)

Why Sowore Deserves To Be Forgiven By Goodluck Jonathan Supporters – FFK / Necessary Evil: Buhari Should Apologize To FCT Residents Over Name-Calling - PDP / Arewa Youths - Buhari Has Performed Below Expectation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:50pm On Apr 20, 2018
biggy26:

The fact that u are readily available to respond to all d watch it again comments, means u aren't busy with any serious work. Could it be what Pmb described? No offence o!
Sorry bro, there is something called time off, for field workers, am just observing mine.

1 Like

Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by trillville(m): 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2018
deomelllo:

Do we not have uneducated youths in NIGERIA or you are just mad and upset that the president was candid and honest?

In case you are still in the dark about youth illiteracy in Nigeria, it's at 72.8%.

Who is responsible for this? The youths or the government?

This is an interesting quote from Shehu Sani's interview no one seems to be mentioning:

The President echos the perception of the bourgeoisie power elites,the youths must rise against it.”

Nigerias elitist class got free quality education,

got jobs as they finished school,

had a strong naira that enabled them to start businesses,

had relatively stable electricity,

had working train stations,

had a national airline, had good roads, and 4 working refineries,

yet they mismanaged everything through acts of corrupt enrichment,

tribalism in employment,

lack of interest in merit as a result of envy
and a general sense of irresponsibility to maintain the legacy projects bestowed upon them by the British.

Shockingly, this same elitist class believe the youths are good for nothing and are lazy since we cannot educate and create jobs for ourselves.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by neyobills: 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2018
deomelllo:

Reading and comprehension failed you again, I said they don't provide electricity and water and in cases where they do provide municipal wat, you still have to pay, you don't get it free of charge. Even in Lagos state, you still have to pay for water and your DISCO doesn't give you free electricity, you pay for it, so, your general argument about the government providing such basics was false and ill-informed.

You are a little misguided per your California example, I lived in California for several years and I paid for every drop of water I used regardless the source, private or municipal. The fact that they built water infrastructures doesn't mean the general public get free water, they don't, they pay for every drop they use.

You haven't left your village and you are making silly claims about places you know nothing about?

I see you latched on to water and conveniently and deceptively ignored your electricity claim.

Dude save yourself the stress of typing all this jargons as u clearly need help cos it really looks like u are suffering from selective amnesia, quit this dancing around and stop shifting the goalpost

Here was your reply that I quoted

Obviously, you've never been out of Nigeria before, governments doesn't provide electricity and water and in the case [/b]of municipal water/Non privatized, you pay for it

@ the bolded i gave u a verifiable fact to counter your opinion,in saner climes the government has the responsibility to provide basic amenities such as electricity and water with this
[b]
In the 1930s, the federal government got involved, building the Central Valley Project (CVP) to support the arid but fertile Central Valley and its agricultural economy. Built by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, the CVP transports water from Lake Shasta in the north to Bakersfield in the southern San Joaquin Valley.

As I wrote that's its a case study if u have any idea what that means and I'm not latching up to water but giving u verifiable facts to counter your ignorant rants and instead of u to learn u decide to dance around,I never said in any of my post that the government should provide this amenities for free so that must be a figment of your ignorant imagination.

Dude you are obviously the village lad and when it comes to California state that I know too well, I will school u and take u to the cleaners so pls just don't go there.

Anyway I think I have made myself clear enough in the most elementary way for your single digit cerebral capacity to discern.

1 Like

Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by deomelllo: 9:26pm On Apr 20, 2018
trillville:

Who is responsible for this? The youths or the government?

This is an interesting quote from Shehu Sani's interview no one seems to be mentioning:

The President echos the perception of the bourgeoisie power elites,the youths must rise against it.”

Nigerias elitist class got free quality education,

got jobs as they finished school,

had a strong naira that enabled them to start businesses,

had relatively stable electricity,

had working train stations,

had a national airline, had good roads, and 4 working refineries,

yet they mismanaged everything through acts of corrupt enrichment,

tribalism in employment,

lack of interest in merit as a result of envy
and a general sense of irresponsibility to maintain the legacy projects bestowed upon them by the British.

Shockingly, this same elitist class believe the youths are good for nothing and are lazy since we cannot educate and create jobs for ourselves.

Who is responsible or not is a while different and topic, this tiloc is about the likes that PMB called Nigerian youths lazy.

Stick to the topic of discussion.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by sexyanyabubakar(f): 9:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
freeze001:

Leave all your sermons now. U started by asking for where the word lazy was used now u are bringing another gist. Do u agree that those words qualify as meaning lazy?
Secondly, Mr President was to give his final thoughts on investment in the North-East and Free Trade in the African Continent. Which of these questions require that 'truthful' response? Is it with such uncharitable words that he wants to attract investment to the North-East? You mean there were no positives he could highlight except to denigrate already deprived youths? Why are you people fond 0f absolving the government of its primary responsibilities? Is the govt not supposed to provide conducive, accessible and affordable education and ensure that citizens attend? Where is the electricity, infrastructure and economic reliefs to encourage entrepreneurship and industry? Is it out of place to expect the govt to provide affordable education, healthcare, education and security for the citizens? What else are they elected to do? Sit and feed fat?

Young man, pause in this ur die-hard defence and think for once. Youths and citizens generally have been shortchanged by successive governments from military era till date. Let the government also accept its failures and do right by its citizens not destroy and denigrate the efforts already being made by the majority. U never tire to dey run generator or hear generator sound every other hour? Should u be seeing little boys pushing gallons of water around as mai ruwa? Should govt not provide potable, pipe-borne water to all nooks and crannies of the country? Why are people dying needlessly of lassa fever? Why are health workers now on strike? Who will pay the astronomic raises in fees of tertiary institutions? Is this the fault of 'lazy youths' too?
Where is our Religious Leaders, PENGASSAN, NUPENG, DOCTORS ASSU to mobilise the masses just as Zimbabwe and South Africa did recently. Is it only when they want to increase their salarys before they will inform the international comunity of how the comon man is paying for darkness, heat and violent mosquitos. Every where you go from morning till night is generator, you can be robbed and kidnapped and your neighbours wont know because of Generators have covered your cry for help
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by deomelllo: 9:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
[s]
neyobills:

Dude save yourself the stress of typing all this jargons as u clearly need help cos it really looks like u are suffering from selective amnesia, quit this dancing around and stop shifting the goalpost

Here was your reply that I quoted

Obviously, you've never been out of Nigeria before, governments doesn't provide electricity and water and in the case [/b]of municipal water/Non privatized, you pay for it

@ the bolded i gave u a verifiable fact to counter your opinion,in saner climes the government has the responsibility to provide basic amenities such as electricity and water with this
[b]
In the 1930s, the federal government got involved, building the Central Valley Project (CVP) to support the arid but fertile Central Valley and its agricultural economy. Built by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, the CVP transports water from Lake Shasta in the north to Bakersfield in the southern San Joaquin Valley.

As I wrote that's its a case study if u have any idea what that means and I'm not latching up to water but giving u verifiable facts to counter your ignorant rants and instead of u to learn u decide to dance around,I never said in any of my post that the government should provide this amenities for free so that must be a figment of your ignorant imagination.

Dude you are obviously the village lad and when it comes to California state that I know too well, I will school u and take u to the cleaners so pls just don't go there.

Anyway I think I have made myself clear enough in the most elementary way for your single digit cerebral capacity to discern.

[/s]

Your inability to read and comprehend is a reflection of your own ignorance.

Your example was about water infrastructure which they have in Nigeria also. We have water infrastructures in Lagos State also, but it doesn't mean you get free water from LASG.

You haven't left your village because California doesn't give you Free water. Every home owner in California pays water bills.

Please confine your ignorance to your fellow villagers.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Maxcollins042(m): 9:51pm On Apr 20, 2018
Kazim88:

The stage is what we are angry about...

We know Northerners are Lazy and don't like going (no insult intended) and South easterners love Money more than their life... we know...

But don't go to UK, at the common wealth business submit... and talk filth about your people... if you don't have any good to say about Nigerians... shut up.
Let me correct a misconception here bro. Southerners do not love money more than their life. Do not transmogrify their spirit to work hard unlike some other parts of the country for love of money.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by davisolise1: 9:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
[quote author=Kazim88 post=66879549]

Beyond "Lazy" , he also generalize Nigerian Youths as illiterates.. Obviously I know you would not see it and you would want me to point out where he said "illiterates" ... Right?

Wake Up. [/quote

That guy is too lazy
joor
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by stblessing(f): 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2018
How dare the walking broomstick call us lazy? He has just given Nigerians more reason to hate him!
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2018
If he use God beg us, we Nigerian youth won't accept his apology.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by steveDpro: 10:05pm On Apr 20, 2018
Really
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by babapressy(m): 10:10pm On Apr 20, 2018
Na waa
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by deomelllo: 10:13pm On Apr 20, 2018
Adefemiaderoju1:
If he use God beg us, we Nigerian youth won't accept his apology.

Speak for yourself and fellow Igbos.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Cornerstone2020(m): 10:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
freeze001:

Forget that one, the poster has not even the faintest connection to Ngwa. It's part of their BMC gimmick to make it look like that disaster of a president has got a wide support base in all parts of the country.

You are very right dear
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by OChimex: 11:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

I know the definition of lazy, I said show me where he said Nigerian youths are lazy.

From the video, i quote Buhari "they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil producing nation therefore they should SIT AND DO NOTHING....."

Dictionary definition of "LAZY" Not liking to work hard or do anything.

Now ask yourself if that statement, "they should sit and do nothing is not in expression talking about one who is LAZY.

I wonder why people like you keep defending this man despite the glaring fact that he is a failure?

Now I know why, because you and your likes who voted him and still defend his gross incompetency and mediocrity are mentally lazy to read about his past, and present actions and inactions.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Solowande(m): 11:17pm On Apr 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Kindly point where he generalised them as illiterates.
guy u dumb o. In two words, Buhari describes "Lot of Nigerian youths" as lazy(meaning, we no wan work) and illiterate(meaning, we no like school)

1 Like

Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by neyobills: 11:34pm On Apr 20, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

Your inability to read and comprehend is a reflection of your own ignorance.

Your example was about water infrastructure which they have in Nigeria also. We have water infrastructures in Lagos State also, but it doesn't mean you get free water from LASG.

You haven't left your village because California doesn't give you Free water. Every home owner in California pays water bills.

Please confine your ignorance to your fellow villagers.

Whenever I see quotes been crossed out with lines,all I see is nothing but a loser who would rather take the escape from reality mode after been boxed into a corner.

My example is that there is no comparism whatsoever because Nigeria as well as lagos State has a failed or totally non existent water infrastructure system and can't be compared with California in any way,these are parallel lines that can't meet at least for now,do u even have an idea of the size of California and its environmental challenges, I can bet the amount of water the fire department uses to control wildfires in California would go round at least half the population of Lagos state,you obviously have no inkling of an idea of whats up in the golden state.

I never said the government should provide water for free I guess u pulled that right out of your stinky wrinkled bums.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:36pm On Apr 20, 2018
OChimex:

From the video, i quote Buhari "they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil producing nation therefore they should SIT AND DO NOTHING....."

Dictionary definition of "LAZY" Not liking to work hard or do anything.

Now ask yourself if that statement, "they should sit and do nothing is not in expression talking about one who is LAZY.

I wonder why people like you keep defending this man despite the glaring fact that he is a failure?

Now I know why, because you and your likes who voted him and still defend his gross incompetency and mediocrity are mentally lazy to read about his past, and present actions and inactions.
Bros you have just ended up saying nothing, I said show me where he said Nigerian youths are lazy.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
Solowande:
guy u dumb o. In two words, Buhari describes "Lot of Nigerian youths" as lazy(meaning, we no wan work) and illiterate(meaning, we no like school)
He said a lot, and that is where I believe the confusion is coming in.
You people are looking at it like he said half of Nigerian youths are illiterates,
I have explained this earlier that a lot doesn't necessarily mean a fraction in this context, the BBC says about 10 million people are out of school, that is a damn lot, also he never claimed all youths were lazy, he simply said a lot of them sit down and expect things to be done for them, which I insist is the truth.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Luminee(f): 12:04am On Apr 21, 2018
freeze001:

Leave all your sermons now. U started by asking for where the word lazy was used now u are bringing another gist. Do u agree that those words qualify as meaning lazy?
Secondly, Mr President was to give his final thoughts on investment in the North-East and Free Trade in the African Continent. Which of these questions require that 'truthful' response? Is it with such uncharitable words that he wants to attract investment to the North-East? You mean there were no positives he could highlight except to denigrate already deprived youths? Why are you people fond 0f absolving the government of its primary responsibilities? Is the govt not supposed to provide conducive, accessible and affordable education and ensure that citizens attend? Where is the electricity, infrastructure and economic reliefs to encourage entrepreneurship and industry? Is it out of place to expect the govt to provide affordable education, healthcare, education and security for the citizens? What else are they elected to do? Sit and feed fat?

Young man, pause in this ur die-hard defence and think for once. Youths and citizens generally have been shortchanged by successive governments from military era till date. Let the government also accept its failures and do right by its citizens not destroy and denigrate the efforts already being made by the majority. U never tire to dey run generator or hear generator sound every other hour? Should u be seeing little boys pushing gallons of water around as mai ruwa? Should govt not provide potable, pipe-borne water to all nooks and crannies of the country? Why are people dying needlessly of lassa fever? Why are health workers now on strike? Who will pay the astronomic raises in fees of tertiary institutions? Is this the fault of 'lazy youths' too?
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Cromagnon: 12:11am On Apr 21, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Buhari was talking about an entitlement mentality exhibited by people who do not want to go to school and believe they should get everything free, because Nigeria is an oil producing nation.
You will read any meaning into any thing because you have a biased mind.
How many percent of people refuse to pay taxes, rates and levis, because of this entitlement mentality.
Like I said, you can criticise the stage he said it on, but he was absolutely correct.

bros you better leave these ppl so they can elect pdp agiain so their eye can clear properly cos its like the only thing that can reset their brains and they are not worth fighting for
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Cromagnon: 12:13am On Apr 21, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

What is 60% of 180million, what is ten percent of that.

Mr man, incase you don't know over 5 million people below the age of 40 have no formal education, this is far more than some countries population and presents a very big problem.

That being said, half of Nigerian youths have no access to quality education and education aids. Our level of education is reflected in our society.
they think going to rubbish schools equals good education
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:16am On Apr 21, 2018
Cromagnon:
they think going to rubbish schools equals good education
Thanks
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Cromagnon: 12:20am On Apr 21, 2018
freeze001:

Young man, pause in this ur die-hard defence and think for once. Youths and citizens generally have been shortchanged by successive governments from military era till date. Let the government also accept its failures and do right by its citizens not destroy and denigrate the efforts already being made by the majority. U never tire to dey run generator or hear generator sound every other hour? Should u be seeing little boys pushing gallons of water around as mai ruwa? Should govt not provide potable, pipe-borne water to all nooks and crannies of the country?

u wen e tire
why you no do som'n about it(definition of laziness )

Why are people dying needlessly of lassa fever? Why are health workers now on strike? Who will pay the astronomic raises in fees of tertiary institutions?

ua waiting for oil money abi yet annoyed wen the president says so

Is this the fault of 'lazy youths' too?
yes,they voted for rice and ponmo cutting and singing dancing senators
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by JesuskidNo1(m): 2:04am On Apr 21, 2018
To those who are saying they don't see where in the video PMB made the derogatory statement about Nigerian Youths, here's the link below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k3gzjsIcOk
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by Cromagnon: 3:16am On Apr 21, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Thanks
guy jus leave buhari to win in 2019 or lose
i don't even see the difference with our lineup of politicians in either party
fashola is the best and failed in lagos so what hope unless we wangle our way there and try to fix it.
these elders are wash
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by trillville(m): 3:31am On Apr 21, 2018
deomelllo:

Who is responsible or not is a while different and topic, this tiloc is about the likes that PMB called Nigerian youths lazy.

Stick to the topic of discussion.

So a useless drunkard is aloud to insult his children when they become prostitutes even though he never paid school fees for them. Your generation is responsible, yet you still point fingers at the youths.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by jesus247(m): 3:57am On Apr 21, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Just agree your argument was flawed.
Yeah go and look for something better to do.
But U same where he said d youth sit at home doing Nothing. Now what is d meaning of LAZINESS?
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by deomelllo: 4:38am On Apr 21, 2018
jesus247:
But U same where he said d youth sit at home doing Nothing. Now what is d meaning of LAZINESS?

That's your own personal opinion because the president did not utter the word lazy or even infer anything about laziness.

Maybe it's guilty conscience on your part because you are lazy of course..
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by otr1(m): 4:46am On Apr 21, 2018
The fact that his infamous response makes no sense as per the question asked, vexes me the more.
...and in his deplorable mental state (of course he has mental issues) he still wants to continue beyond next year?
Only the lazy and uneducated ones would vote for someone like Buhari in this age and time.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by deomelllo: 4:50am On Apr 21, 2018
trillville:

So a useless drunkard is aloud to insult his children when they become prostitutes even though he never paid school fees for them. Your generation is responsible, yet you still point fingers at the youths.

Sadly for you ipob losers, you care less about uneducated youths under 16 years of PDP and jona when the same youths did not go to school for years because of strikes left and right.

Worthless jona made worthless WIKE the thug and illiterate the minister of education and the schools finally shut down, but you jokers were shouting GEJ till 2019/

Silly and LAZY hypocrites.
Re: Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani by trillville(m): 5:20am On Apr 21, 2018
deomelllo:

Sadly for you ipob losers, you care less about uneducated youths under 16 years of PDP and jona when the same youths did not go to school for years because of strikes left and right.

Worthless jona made worthless WIKE the thug and illiterate the minister of education and the schools finally shut down, but you jokers were shouting GEJ till 2019/

Silly and LAZY hypocrites.

Young fella, I have been one of Buhari's biggest supporters over the years. I have never compared Buhari failures to Jonathan's as they each have faced completely different challenges.

My fear is for the future of Nigeria. We do not have much time to waste on rulers with no ambition to change the status quo, rulers who feel they are privileged and better than the masses they are supposed to lead.

Personally, I don't even have to live in Nigeria, but I have chosen to. At any moment, I can pack my things and move out of this country. Of course, I would struggle a bit but I would survive after all I am Nigerian and very well educated.

Good luck with your mediocre life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Donates Office For Peter Obi Campaign In Jos (picture) / Outcome Of Investigation Into Itunu Babalola’s Death Will Shocking - Abike Dabir / Atiku Returns To Nigeria Ahead Of International Press Conference Over CSU Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.