Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

MTN To Pick More Banks To Work On Planned Nigerian IPO - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN To Pick More Banks To Work On Planned Nigerian IPO (12552 Views)

Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry / Oil Price Falls To Three-week Low On Planned OPEC, Russia Output Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN To Pick More Banks To Work On Planned Nigerian IPO by mrsage(m): 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2018
sonnie10:
This IPO is ill timed. For the fact that it is coming at a time when MTN is struggling to pay the fine.

It seems all they want to do is to carve out a subsidiary to raise the money. More like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

You are not entirely correct. The Stock exchange is actually well regulated.

Proceeds from sale of shares will be made known to all investors.
Re: MTN To Pick More Banks To Work On Planned Nigerian IPO by Celsony: 8:38pm On Apr 20, 2018
kulrunsman79:
Mtn IPO? Interestingly, lemme see if I will buy.....who knows it may eventually be better than DAAR and FIDELITY bank shares which almost sent me heart attack...

Pls how does it normally work if person want to buy a share? The one of DAAR communications wat led to it collapse.
Pls teach a brother.
Thanks
Re: MTN To Pick More Banks To Work On Planned Nigerian IPO by ohil: 10:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
Nigerians should be aware that MTN is planning to exit Our market. The moment they raise this money from NSE market. They will leave the company to a shallow investor who will eventually scale down the operation. The business is no longer sustainable due to transparency and corporate governance rule. Think before you buy and use your spear fund. Another MMM in disguise. Shalom
Re: MTN To Pick More Banks To Work On Planned Nigerian IPO by gbengaoa(m): 12:08am On Apr 21, 2018
And if you know the numbers that lost their job because of that nonsense fine?
Re: MTN To Pick More Banks To Work On Planned Nigerian IPO by kulrunsman79(m): 1:08am On Apr 21, 2018
Celsony:

Pls how does it normally work if person want to buy a share? The one of DAAR communications wat led to it collapse.
Pls teach a brother.
Thanks

IPO is Initial Public Offer, it means you're buying shares from the primary market which is the company. Secondary market is when you buy from stockbrokers.

Daar comm shares couldn't make profit and progress because the company isn't viable. Ordinary shareholders ain't making any progress at all.....
Re: MTN To Pick More Banks To Work On Planned Nigerian IPO by Celsony: 6:44am On Apr 21, 2018
kulrunsman79:

IPO is Initial Price Offer, it means you're buying shares from the primary market which is the company. Secondary market is when you buy from stockbrokers.

Daar comm shares couldn't make profit and progress because the company isn't viable. Ordinary shareholders ain't making any progress at all.....

Thank you sir for the explanation, if this one from mtn is real, i will like to also buy a share. How much do you think it will go for? Daar communication i remember then sold theirs for 5k or so
Re: MTN To Pick More Banks To Work On Planned Nigerian IPO by kulrunsman79(m): 10:24am On Apr 21, 2018
Celsony:

Thank you sir for the explanation, if this one from mtn is real, i will like to also buy a share. How much do you think it will go for? Daar communication i remember then sold theirs for 5k or so

Honestly there is no need for price speculation here since the company are still consulting and working it out with consortium of banks.... I believe Mtn shares will do better than daar shares!
Re: MTN To Pick More Banks To Work On Planned Nigerian IPO by Celsony: 10:44am On Apr 21, 2018
kulrunsman79:

Honestly there is no need for price speculation here since the company are still consulting and working it out with consortium of banks.... I believe Mtn shares will do better than daar shares!

Ok thanks, i will try to be part of dis when it starts

(1) (2) (Reply)

Worries Over Increasing Beer Parlours In Lagos - FRSC / Binance Says 30% Of Blocked Account Cases Are Law Enforcement-Related / How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.