Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,093 members, 7,852,697 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

. - Politics (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (590077 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by pazienza(m): 12:38am On Sep 22, 2018
xfactor23:
You guys should quietly shut down this thread. The purpose of this thread is already defeated. You cannot be wiser than our elders that are working quietly behind the scene on Igbo unity. Can any of you here stand before Barista Uche Okwukwu and tell him he is a fair weather Igbo? You that is a strong weather Igbo, what have you done for Igbo people? Kedi your achievement? Everyday na so so talk. You come online and type all manner of words, including insults, without taking any concrete action. You are all cowards, frankly speaking. How many of you here are members of Ohan'eze, or any pan Igbo group? Having the interest of Indi'Igbo is more than posting pictures and writing big big grammar. One thing for sure, you cannot stop the unity of indi'Igbo, whom the Nigerian state have over the years, worked to destroy. Shut down this dame thread. angry

Ohanaeze secret meetings have obviously failed!

The cowards are those shying away from embracing the truth. Which is that the Igboids are exploiting SE through their dubious chameleonic unstable identity.

Emefiele was called Igbo By Buhari, Ikas kept quiet, because it was expedient for them to do so, since they are enjoying a supposedly Igbo quota, seeing as Buhari and Nigerians count Emefiele appointment as Igbo appointment.
Yet, at convenient time, these people comes out to embarrassingly tell us they are not Igbos. Who do you think is losing out from this charade? SE of course.

A televised and highly publicized pan Igbo conference, where these Chameleonic characters would be forced to take a stance that will determine the fate of the future generations is a must!

Ohanaeze must deliver this. The cowards amongst us are those running away from this glaring reality. The strong amongst us are embracing it. These people had been given 48yrs to get things right, and they haven't.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by xfactor23: 12:45am On Sep 22, 2018
pazienza:

The cowards are those shying away from embracing the truth. Which is that the Igboids are exploiting SE through their dubious chameleonic unstable identity.

Emefiele was called Igbo By Buhari, Ikas kept quiet, because it was expedient for them to do so, since they are enjoying a supposedly Igbo quota, seeing as Buhari and Nigerians count Emefiele appointment as Igbo appointment.
Yet, at convenient time, these people comes out to embarrassingly tell us they are not Igbos. Who do you think is losing out from this charade? SE of course.

A televised and highly publicized pan Igbo conference, where these Chameleonic characters would be forced to take a stance that will determine the fate of the future generations is a must!

Ohanaeze must deliver this. The cowards amongst us are those running away from this glaring reality. The strong amongst us are embracing it.
I will advice that you do something about then. I had a discussion with Osita Mordi on this direction, more people are favorable to it. But like I earlier stated, tone down your voice. A pan Igboid conference should be for unity and not for division.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 12:55am On Sep 22, 2018
xfactor23:

No doubt, discussions like this, done in good faith, will definitely benefit us. But when insults and ridicule become part of it, then the worst become inevitable. I don't think calling Anioma a doom nation is wise. Its better we don't discuss at all, than allow bitter words to characterize our discussion.
Do you know what it means to be an Igboman in Rivers State? Especially when the military was still in power? Have, these our so called strong weather Igbos, inquired on the root of Dr. Obi Wali's death? Calling someone who dares this reality to ascertain his Igboness, as fair weather igbo, is insulting.
Bros. Only Omambala gave that immodest and condescnding tag.That was an emotional outburts and you should take it as such.His opinion is his personal view and does not represent the general view. Perhaps you have to re-read the other posts again to confirm what I just stated. The rest of the commentators expressed their views differently and we're quite expository. On that note,i think you are crying wolf where none exists. The Obi Nwali's of this world,the victims of Asaba Massacre and rest of the Igboid elements who paid the ultimate price for the general Igbo cause were never forgotten. Is it a wonder that Asaba people seem to be more Pro-Igbo than other enclaves? Reason is they share a firmer affinity on account of the massacre of October 7,1967 with the Igbos East of the River who suffered same if not worse fate. The recent funeral of Late Major Joe Achuzia(Ikemba Ahaba) was turned to an Igbo carnival of sorts for same reasons mentioned above. Please cheer up. We are on same page.

2 Likes

Re: . by Curlieweed: 1:42am On Sep 22, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

you are truly speaking reality. I know Igbos here in Lagos who are not proud of their ethnic group because of peer pressure from non Igbos. Our parents are failing in their duty of promoting Igbo awareness to their children. I have some friends who told me that Ndigbo originated from Enugu. Can you imagine? Is it someone that doesn't know his history that will then defend igboland outside in the midst of outsiders?

If we don’t come together and develop our homeland and reverse the emigration trend then our culture will be lost. We need to get our best to take control of things back home.

Some of us think that the economic war against us (after the kinetic one ended) has been won because we are not all living in penury. However, I am of the opinion that we are losing this war if we can’t keep up with our peers in other parts of the world especially in SE Asia.

If we keep measuring our successes with the failing Nigerian average then we have generally lost the promise of our forbears. The tallest kid in nursery school is still very short.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Curlieweed: 2:47am On Sep 22, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Please, dont make the mistake of categorizing me with people who speak with emotion. I call a spade a spade no matter whose horse is gored! I am a pure realist. Anioma people are only Igbo when it suits them . And to be candid, what does Anioma has to lose if their traditional rulers pull together and declare Igbo, yet they equally lose nothing if they declare a separate group, that way Uhrobo will be less suspicious of them. To be honest, any Igbo who think we need Anioma before we can achieve our dream is a dunce. Even Anambra doesnt need Ndigbo nor Nigeria in order to actualize their agenda if one actually exist. Two people that are united , strong and trust each other can defeat a whole village.Even Idenmili people if well united and assertive can control the destiny of Igbo land with a leash on everyone's neck. Your destiny is in your hands, stop begging for brotherhood from weaklings. There is a god in every human being!

Gbam! Ho ha! You finished the story. Nothing to add here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by reality1010: 4:00am On Sep 22, 2018
Handsomegod:
Bros. Only Omambala gave that immodest and condescnding tag.That was an emotional outburts and you should take it as such.His opinion is his personal view and does not represent the general view. Perhaps you have to re-read the other posts again to confirm what I just stated. The rest of the commentators expressed their views differently and we're quite expository. On that note,i think you are crying wolf where none exists. The Obi Nwali's of this world,the victims of Asaba Massacre and rest of the Igboid elements who paid the ultimate price for the general Igbo cause were never forgotten. Is it a wonder that Asaba people seem to be more Pro-Igbo than other enclaves? Reason is they share a firmer affinity on account of the massacre of October 7,1967 with the Igbos East of the River who suffered same if not worse fate. The recent funeral of Late Major Joe Achuzia(Ikemba Ahaba) was turned to an Igbo carnival of sorts for same reasons mentioned above. Please cheer up. We are on same page.
Our argument and contention should demonstrate a firm determination to move forward no matter what. Each day that passes Igbo unity is getting stronger compared to any ethnic unity in Africa and the world. The Jews had worst difficulties during their part to nationhood and someone came and did it for them. So we the Igbos have not lost anything but have moved forward. Every Igboman and woman must look home. Our development must start from our kindred because that is the only way it can grow and protected. I am yet to see someone coming up with the use of Igbo language in studying Mathematics, Physics, boilogy, commerce, economic etc. Please someone should do that now and let South East Governors introduce it in our primary, secondary and university stages. This is one of the parts to nationhood. We r great people with great ingenuity only rivalled by the Jews. Whether it is restructing or Biafra Igbos will thrive better. With restructuring, Igbos will be free to offer the best of their expertise to any people be it education, commerce and what have u. So let continue the argument and thought projecting because all r vital to nationhood. Long live Igbo land and people.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by ariesbull: 6:09am On Sep 22, 2018
horsepower101:

We all suffered no doubt. That's why it hurts see those who you expect to be on your side deny you. It really hurts

The bolded is True. Asaba people are very loving and loyal to igbo interest. They have never denied being Igbos. They had no choice during the war because they had no weapons to fight back and were politically in the Midwest.

I strongly urge south easterners to visit and Asaba and i promise you that you will fall in love with the people and the city.

Fun Fact: Asaba people protested for Nnamdi kanu's release when he was arrested before Onitsha and Aba did...Let that sink in.

Bros we don't need to visit Asaba ....Enuani people are one of the best Igbo folks that u have seen ....I love them and I always feel at home at Nnebisi road but trust me Nnewi Nsala soup is better than that of Ahaba ...but I love Enuani and Ukwuani folks ....as of Ika , forget them with their Benin pride and mentality. They are just there and disgracing Igbo

Now let's look at how we can make Igbo land better ...I am thinking a railway that can link critical cities together and massive investment in top notch Mediacom facilities with education....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ariesbull: 6:31am On Sep 22, 2018
hammer6F:

Are u sure about that? See his hand gesture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ypqf9SqNeY

LoL
Re: . by vanbonattel: 6:46am On Sep 22, 2018
xfactor23:
@pazienza, your position is valid, but you tend to make it weak by your emotional write ups. You already have the solution. Go on and work on it. Charles Ogbu, worked on bringing the Yorubas and Igbos, through "Hand Shake Across the Niger", there will be nothing wrong if you spear head a pan Igbo convention that will address these issues once and for all.
Besides, I"m sure, if you will go by this line, try and tone down your voice of rejection. You sound more like you don't want these groups in the greater Igbo nation. Don't forget that there exist genuine Anioma and Ikwerre sons that are working to bring their people into the Igbo union. If you are truly for the progress of indi'Igbo, you should encourage these ones, and not undermine their effort. God bless you.

grin grin grin

Actually, you may be new to these things, but let me tell you what has been happening.

Someone / some people are very scared indeed. Scarred stiff of what a united Igbo power block can do to their own regional chances of getting free meals from the common purse and the things you see on this thread are a collection of frustrated attempts to SEVERE any potential alignment between Igbos and their brothers in SS.

They do this by exploiting the fault lines from the cracks established after the war to drive a wedge into Igbo unity.

The same ppl claiming Anambra to curse Imo
Are the same ppl claiming Imo to curse Anambra
The same ppl claiming Anambra to curse Ebonyi, are the same persons claiming Enugu to curse Abia and post gutter pictures.

This same set of people are also claiming Anioma in the last pages to curse Igbo , and vice versa, then elevate needless tensions. Of course they will fail. But don't be afraid of how many videos they share to prove that there's a division. They do nothing but spread negativity in Igbo relationships.

Honest people like Horsepower101 , Pazienza and other honest Anioma sons have even been convinced to start sounding negative in defence.

These people claiming Aniomas are Yorubas and even fulanis intent on carving Igbos to smaller bits to achieve their main purpose, DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

A word is enough for the wise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Aromi: 7:16am On Sep 22, 2018
pazienza:

Ohanaeze must deliver this. The cowards amongst us are those running away from this glaring reality. The strong amongst us are embracing it. These people had been given 48yrs to get things right, and they haven't.

OHANAEZE IS NOT DOING THE RIGHT THING IF I AM TO BE IN EXCUTIVE I WOULD HAVE CALL FOR A D.N.A TEST AMONG THE IGBOIDS GROUP WHO IS INTRESTED SO THIS MATTER WILL BE SETTLE ONENCE LIKE THE IGBO AND JEWS ISSUE

1 Like

Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 7:23am On Sep 22, 2018
Aromi:

OHANAEZE IS NOT DOING THE RIGHT THING IF I AM TO BE IN EXCUTIVE I WOULD HAVE CALL FOR A D.N.A TEST AMONG THE IGBOIDS GROUP WHO IS INTRESTED SO THIS MATTER WILL BE SETTLE ONENCE LIKE THE IGBO AND JEWS ISSUE

Nonsense...dna test for

Igbos should leave Dem alone I am tired of them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 7:56am On Sep 22, 2018
Pazienza. Thank you. Did u read about where Martha dunkwu. The omu of anioma said something about how the igbos forgot achuzie for decades and when he died he was remembered simply because the burial turned into an igbo carnival...I hate leaders who plays politics with their people. Play politics and leave ur people alone

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:30am On Sep 22, 2018
Bede2u:
anioma people sef tire me. Ifeanyi okowa said igbo is a language and not a tribe...that they are anioma and cannot be in biafra or east...that there is a natural boundary...

Why are these people making things difficult?

The truth is nigeria may never divide unless igbos are strong enough to push it...cos no other group will push it...and igbos cannot be strong enough without ss igbos...

As we keep staying in nigeria, centuries may pass and tribal line (especially in the south) will become blurred

Igbos can't be strong without SS Igbos?
Was it SS Igbos that have been strengthening SE all these while?
This opinion of yours is exactly what brings us insults

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by ariesbull: 9:17am On Sep 22, 2018
Not to be left out of the global market share, Innoson an automobile producing firm based in Anambra State, Nigeria has used “Lionheart” movie to reach out a wider audience/market. Just like other companies like BMW, Mitsubishi Aston Martin and Bentleys using movies and actors to achieve market share, Innoson marketing team got creative using Genevieve’s international movie “Lionheart” to showcase. A move the media stakeholder describe as a deft and smart move for an indigenous company!

Lionheart, the movie by Nigeria’s finest actress,Genevieve Nnaji has been acclaimed as one of the best flicks to come out of Nollywood in recent time. That’s not even the case , the case is the use of Nigerian product – Innoson cars.

Just like other international actors of repute, Genevieve has joined the creme de la creme of the acting world by endorsing some products. We have seen movies that some cars are associated with actors , Jackie Chan loves Mitsubishi cars and he uses his movies to sell and project the cars. James Bond was a BMW man at a time, he used BMW and Bentleys in their movies.

It’s not a new thing globally but first in Nigeria ! Some years ago,Porsche German firm donated six cars to the movie, “Gone in 60 Seconds”, in exchange for a high profile for its cars. The film, starred Nicolas Cage and Vinnie Jones, will hit UK cinemas

https://etimes.com.ng/innoson-leveraging-on-lionheart-movie-for-a-greater-market-share-and-visibility/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:28am On Sep 22, 2018
xfactor23:
@pazienza, your position is valid, but you tend to make it weak by your emotional write ups. You already have the solution. Go on and work on it. Charles Ogbu, worked on bringing the Yorubas and Igbos, through "Hand Shake Across the Niger", there will be nothing wrong if you spear head a pan Igbo convention that will address these issues once and for all.
Besides, I"m sure, if you will go by this line, try and tone down your voice of rejection. You sound more like you don't want these groups in the greater Igbo nation. Don't forget that there exist genuine Anioma and Ikwerre sons that are working to bring their people into the Igbo union. If you are truly for the progress of indi'Igbo, you should encourage these ones, and not undermine their effort. God bless you.

And did your, ' Handshake Across the Niger' change anything about Igbo Vs Yoruba relationship?
Abeg...

Those not working towards bringing their people into the fold outnumber those that do.
Nkechi Bianze was once used as a reference to prove that young Igbo women are becoming increasingly bitter with the rave of feminism .
As usual, Igbo women rushed to her defence and bashed the insinuators and even garnered insults to their own selves.
At her own convenient time, weeks later, Nkechi Bianze not only denounced her Igbo tag, but said that nothing annoys her than Sb saying she is Igbo. That Ika is never Igbo.
.the issue at stake is, "Why didn't Nkechi say those things when Igbo people were fighting for her, when she was described as bitter."
Where were her Ika village people to defend her then?
Is that not the same thing that played out after Nzeogwu coup?

We will be stupid if we allow that to happen to us for the second time in history.
Ebonyi people have never denied being Igbo despite all the insults they receive, and you are advocating for people who we have pet for long into accepting Igbo.
It won't work.
If Ikwerre or Rivers decide to grudgingly join Igbos today , I will be uncomfortable.
First, they will keep seeing themselves as special brides and start making demands cos they know they were begged . Then, the insults. There are things I can't stand.
Like some people said, let them come out and denounce these things once and for all.
After that, any mumu Igbo that goes about trying to convince one he is Igbo , will so be on his own.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Purehuman(m): 10:09am On Sep 22, 2018
When I was young, I had three neighbours; one from Agbor, the other from kwale while the third from Igbuzo. We were the only one from Anambra state then in the early 90s. Without any form of equivocation, these people speak Igbo with my parents in the compound and they keep say "Igbo people ehn" and "those Igbo people ehn". I was really stunned because I heard them speak my language and i could understand their language very well too. I was always asking my dad how are these people not igbos if they speak Igbo. He will just laugh and say I shouldn't mind them.

What I am trying to drive at is that these people really at that time didn't want to be tagged Igbo. They made it obvious with their dealings with us. The only thing they said that came close to being called Igbo is the tag Delta-igbo. There is this denial and it pained the hell out of me because in some situations, I believed we could have shared the pains of being chastised as Igbo people but they keep saying they ain't igbos. We felt the pains alone but it didn't stop us from being what we are at the moment.

The question is, can this trend be changed? Can these people find themselves back in the fold or are they gone forever? We need to get these facts right and being dragged back or our secrets being shared to their neighbours so that they will be seen as loyal to them too. We need to know, as at 2018, are you Igbo or are you Benin? We need to come to conclusion of this.

I know that it is difficult supporting the southeast since we do not have power and we don't have oil as much as the people you guys might support. But as you all can see, the people in power do not measure up and the oil isn't the case anymore. You need to align yourselves now with the people who truly cares for you and ready to take bullets like 1966 progrom.

I met a young man earlier this month, his name is Emeka. I said "Oh my Igbo Brother", he said he isn't Igbo but from Ndokwa. I just kept shut and treated him like he wanted to be treated. I brought the hand of brotherhood but he refused. I wish he had done the opposite but he didn't acknowledge me.

This is a real problem and it's better we treat it as such.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ariesbull: 11:00am On Sep 22, 2018
Purehuman:
When I was young, I had three neighbours; one from Agbor, the other from kwale while the third from Igbuzo. We were the only one from Anambra state then in the early 90s. Without any form of equivocation, these people speak Igbo with my parents in the compound and they keep say "Igbo people ehn" and "those Igbo people ehn". I was really stunned because I heard them speak my language and i could understand their language very well too. I was always asking my dad how are these people not igbos if they speak Igbo. He will just laugh and say I shouldn't mind them.

What I am trying to drive at is that these people really at that time didn't want to be tagged Igbo. They made it obvious with their dealings with us. The only thing they said that came close to being called Igbo is the tag Delta-igbo. There is this denial and it pained the hell out of me because in some situations, I believed we could have shared the pains of being chastised as Igbo people but they keep saying they ain't igbos. We felt the pains alone but it didn't stop us from being what we are at the moment.

The question is, can this trend be changed? Can these people find themselves back in the fold or are they gone forever? We need to get these facts right and being dragged back or our secrets being shared to their neighbours so that they will be seen as loyal to them too. We need to know, as at 2018, are you Igbo or are you Benin? We need to come to conclusion of this.

I know that it is difficult supporting the southeast since we do not have power and we don't have oil as much as the people you guys might support. But as you all can see, the people in power do not measure up and the oil isn't the case anymore. You need to align yourselves now with the people who truly cares for you and ready to take bullets like 1966 progrom.

I met a young man earlier this month, his name is Emeka. I said "Oh my Igbo Brother", he said he isn't Igbo but from Ndokwa. I just kept shut and treated him like he wanted to be treated. I brought the hand of brotherhood but he refused. I wish he had done the opposite but he didn't acknowledge me.

My dear son reach out to them ...they should reach out to us by the way the South East we are even more populated

1 Like

Re: . by whirlwind7(m): 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2018
Purehuman:

This is a real problem and it's better we treat it as such

Sorry man, but I dare say you belong to a fast diminishing minority.
You worrying about certain people's non-igbo stance changes nothing.
Its not, and will never be a problem. C'mon, develop a broader sense of view. If for instance, many Mbaise or Ngwa or any undeniable Igbo element decide today that they do not wish to be known or addressed as Igbos, would you lose sleep over it? No fvcking way would I lose a moment's appetite. My life and future aspirations will remain unaffected.

Now, why would I bother about the state of confusion in the hearts and minds of a group of people who already felt they are "appendages" to Igbo land? grin
See, for them to use that term, it means they considered themselves as such. Nobody pushed them away or ill treated them.

Will the political and economic problems the Igbo nation is faced with suddenly vanish if historically Igbo people in Rivers, Delta, Benue, Cross Rivers and other states decide they are after all, real Igbos?

Stop treating a small itch like a terminal illness. This situation doesn't deserve more than a cursory glance. If the bulk of the 5 SE states would form an alliance that produces the sort of growth and economic development it should, you'd see even Nupe people clamoring for Igbo citizenship.

What you and some other people are debating here isn't the purpose for this thread. Keep your eyes on the ball, please.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by oweniwe(m): 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2018
aniomafirstson:

where fr3do, Bane2020, SammyChi19, Ugomba, IkembaCMD, Melzabull, Begonia, Cjrane, DrKlever, oweniwe, Ikenna0b when you need them

It's not by force to bear igbo.

If you call me igbo man, i would embrace you.

For reasons best known to them, Some people don't want to be called igbo.

We were not there when the civil war happened so we cannot blame some old south south people who suffered when they were young for what they knew nothing about.

Read the experience below...

Ezechinwa:
was travelling to Owerri from Lagos with YSG motors, our bus broke down in Ore, we had two Lord Chosen Members before we left Lagos, they were preaching about repentance and love, they also preached about how Jesus came for the sinners.

So while our bus broke down, we waited for another one, suddenly an empty Lord chosen Bus heading to owerri stopped, it looked like a new BRT bus. Guess what, they only picked the two passengers and left us because we weren't members or weren't wearing their green bullet proof poo.

---------------------------------------------

OlujobaSamuel
sincerely, I've stopped calling their (Lords Chosen) handbills and listening to their tales in the name of preaching.

I was travelling to Akwaibom from Lagos through the YSG, That was my first time with ysg from lagos, so I dont know how they operate. When i saw people of different route in the bus, i started shouting that i'm going to akwaibom ooo make dem no carry me for middle of road stop, as I see fellow passengers going to cross river, i was calm because calabar is after uyo(in my naive mind).
na so this chosen people(about 4) start to dey preach and pray ooo, we got to Abia about 5:30pm and I noticed that the driver took a different route compared to the onEs I know, the next thing na to see myself for Ebonyi road, I was like, where be dis na uyo i dey go na, they said that is its last stop, huh?? i shall dey look oooo, 10pm knack before we reach calabar, na so driver enter pack talk sey e no go again till tomorrow, I was like wtf, why you no tell since wey i dey shout, i get nis exam(gej/moro scam) tomorrow morning,

na so i face this Lords chosen people oooo(they were the few we got to calabar together and it's their final destination) this people just deny me sey dey no hear anything oo. I just carry myself commot der go find my way

Just as an example... Would you blame these people if they refuse to attend Lords Chosen church when invited? cheesy

If someone answers igbo, o o wink
If someone doesn't want to answer igbo... Leave am smiley
Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2018
Purehuman:

I tried to avoid discussing these emotionally charged topic. But i just wanted to acknowledge that what you have said is 100% true.

Any Anioma person that grew up in Lagos, Warri or Benin will never agree they are Igbo. However, the point must be made that they think of Igbo as a Geographical area which is SE of the Niger such as saying an Anambra person, An Imo person an Ebonyi person and not necessarily as a tribe.. Even though they quite realize that Igbo is a tribe

I have had serious quarrels with even members of my family that named their children funny sounding name and told me point blank they are not Igbo.

A lot of things happened in Nigerian history and Nigeria exploited the Igbo groups at the borders of Igboland to achieve their nefarious desire to make Igbo a minority ethnic group. What baffles me is the inability of my brothers and sisters to see that their behavior is exactly what our enemy told them and they have swallowed the poison hook-line- and-sinker. It will take a while to correct these historical errors, especially as Igbo continue to look inwards to develop itself.

Part of my reason for saying Anioma state didn't have to be the 6th SE state was because i knew it was premature for all the people in the area, some of whom still think they are Bini. Yet, Bini people call them Igbo and want them out.
I often asked my people why they thought Murtala Mohammed murdered our people in Asaba if they weren't Igbo, yet same Murtala Mohammed didn't kill any civilians in Benin if he thought our people were also Binis? Nobody has been able to answer that question. It is a tough thing to restore a man who has been brainwashed, but it is doable. I am ashamed of Sunday Oliseh. Some of those people like Sunday Oliseh have no idea of his history, so they talk the way their mother or father talked at home which they thought as the gospel truth. So lets continue to try with love rather than respond with hate.

Here in Nairaland, many Yorubas like to claim they are Anioma or Ijaw or Ikwerre just to say very vicious things about Igbo and deflect backlash against referencing Yoruba. Sometimes, it is a simple divide and rule tactics to cause Igbo groups to spend their energy fighting their brothers. While everything in Nigeria is being stole from us. We have to be careful about these types of monikers here who claim Anioma when they are indeed Yoruba people or Fulani people.

9 Likes

Re: . by Develpeast: 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2018
I have always avoided too much conversation in this thread because I found out that many of you guys are really emotional and will keep being emotional until you understand that the things you feel its important are really not important. There are many times igbos from the southeast have denied being igbo in the presence of challenge or the presence of goodies to be shared. I have met quite a number of them in my life pursuits. We try to singe out the ones along the fringes of our territory so as to look for who to chastise and feel good when the real issues that we are supposed to be discussing is not being discussed.

Ikwerre, anioma, cross river, benue or kogi igbos have not in any specific way stopped you all from thinking of the best ways to develop our territory. The total internally generated revenue of all the southeast states does not even amount up to 100billion naira in a year and you are looking for who is igbo and who is not. I feel you guys do not have anything really disturbing your sleeps that is why you all yapping about this for over 5pages now. You find yourself so stuck in online groups and meaningless conferences that has not yielded a fruit for the whole of igboland.

I have always said it while I was using the username vickjames. We will continue to be neglected until we take the stand of being too important to be neglected. The igbos have continued to drop politically, economically and socially after 2007. We have had series of stupid leaders and agitators who could have used the advantage of the fathers of the 50s, 60s, 80s and 90s have built. Even with the way they had to be the bad guys for us to be good, they have tried to create wealth and spread wealth and tradition within those years but we have all spoilt it. No igbo man today is respected. Not even the so-called ohaneze ndigbo president. But our problem is ika, ogbia and the rest.

I tell you all this day and mark it, they do not have anywhere to go except eastwards. They held their stand then and now because you have not given them a better option. What has the igbo people brought to the table that will make other people scramble for their help? Nothing!

A child will one day disown his father when the father fails to be the father he is supposed to be. If you think you deserve to be treated better, then be better. All these emotional rants goes to show that many of you are still not understanding that in this same 80s, China was not respected and no one wants to be associated with the country who's population was about 900 million at the time but with an economy of 300billion dollars. But now, everybody wants to be identified with the chinese nation because they offered something. We need to lead and let our brothers at the fringes of our territory look inward and not outwards. We need to start developing and stop messing around because in the next few years, you will not want to be termed igbo too if you do nothing about the underdevelopment in the region and the lack of jobs there too.

I am saying this for you all to understand, I have been with other ethnic groups in this country and I have even travelled round. The minorities in the north will still want to be northerners than be an easterner because they control their territory and the minorities in the southsouth and north central will want to ally with the west because they have something to offer too. Now, we igbo have nothing to give out but we go there to collect from them.

I say continue wailing when your job is left undone and be waiting for solidarity.

2 Likes

Re: . by xfactor23: 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2018
Develpeast:
I have always avoided too much conversation in this thread because I found out that many of you guys are really emotional and will keep being emotional until you understand that the things you feel its important are really not important. There are many times igbos from the southeast have denied being igbo in the presence of challenge or the presence of goodies to be shared. I have met quite a number of them in my life pursuits. We try to singe out the ones along the fringes of our territory so as to look for who to chastise and feel good when the real issues that we are supposed to be discussing is not being discussed.

Ikwerre, anioma, cross river, benue or kogi igbos have not in any specific way stopped you all from thinking of the best ways to develop our territory. The total internally generated revenue of all the southeast states does not even amount up to 100billion naira in a year and you are looking for who is igbo and who is not. I feel you guys do not have anything really disturbing your sleeps that is why you all yapping about this for over 5pages now. You find yourself so stuck in online groups and meaningless conferences that has not yielded a fruit for the whole of igboland.

I have always said it while I was using the username vickjames. We will continue to be neglected until we take the stand of being too important to be neglected. The igbos have continued to drop politically, economically and socially after 2007. We have had series of stupid leaders and agitators who could have used the advantage of the fathers of the 50s, 60s, 80s and 90s have built. Even with the way they had to be the bad guys for us to be good, they have tried to create wealth and spread wealth and tradition within those years but we have all spoilt it. No igbo man today is respected. Not even the so-called ohaneze ndigbo president. But our problem is ika, ogbia and the rest.

I tell you all this day and mark it, they do not have anywhere to go except eastwards. They held their stand then and now because you have not given them a better option. What has the igbo people brought to the table that will make other people scramble for their help? Nothing!

A child will one day disown his father when the father fails to be the father he is supposed to be. If you think you deserve to be treated better, then be better. All these emotional rants goes to show that many of you are still not understanding that in this same 80s, China was not respected and no one wants to be associated with the country who's population was about 900 million at the time but with an economy of 300billion dollars. But now, everybody wants to be identified with the chinese nation because they offered something. We need to lead and let our brothers at the fringes of our territory look inward and not outwards. We need to start developing and stop messing around because in the next few years, you will not want to be termed igbo too if you do nothing about the underdevelopment in the region and the lack of jobs there too.

I am saying this for you all to understand, I have been with other ethnic groups in this country and I have even travelled round. The minorities in the north will still want to be northerners than be an easterner because they control their territory and the minorities in the southsouth and north central will want to ally with the west because they have something to offer too. Now, we igbo have nothing to give out but we go there to collect from them.

I say continue wailing when your job is left undone and be waiting for solidarity.
In summary, less talk, more work.
Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2018
Develpeast:

We don't even want them anymore, don't you get it?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by horsepower101: 3:14pm On Sep 22, 2018
vanbonattel:

grin grin grin

Actually, you may be new to these things, but let me tell you what has been happening.

Someone / some people are very scared indeed. Scarred stiff of what a united Igbo power block can do to their own regional chances of getting free meals from the common purse and the things you see on this thread are a collection of frustrated attempts to SEVERE any potential alignment between Igbos and their brothers in SS.

They do this by exploiting the fault lines from the cracks established after the war to drive a wedge into Igbo unity.

The same ppl claiming Anambra to curse Imo
Are the same ppl claiming Imo to curse Anambra
The same ppl claiming Anambra to curse Ebonyi, are the same persons claiming Enugu to curse Abia and post gutter pictures.

This same set of people are also claiming Anioma in the last pages to curse Igbo , and vice versa, then elevate needless tensions. Of course they will fail. But don't be afraid of how many videos they share to prove that there's a division. They do nothing but spread negativity in Igbo relationships.

Honest people like Horsepower101 , Pazienza and other honest Anioma sons have even been convinced to start sounding negative in defence.

These people claiming Aniomas are Yorubas and even fulanis intent on carving Igbos to smaller bits to achieve their main purpose, DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

A word is enough for the wise.

My brother lets be honest, identity crisis and Igbo denial is a big obstacle in working closely with our south-south igbo brothers.

In order for all Ndigbo to move forward, and progress together as brothers, we have to address that issue. South east igbos have swept this issue under the rug for decades hoping that it will stop but it never did.

My conviction is that it’s time to lay it out in the open and solve it once and for all. Let everyone publicly announce their stance on igbo identity.

I don’t ever want south east igbos defend or die unnecessarily again for another igbo from the south south when they themselves or their people deny igbos.

And please before you accuse me of creating divisions, my mother is an anioma woman. Also the first land I ever bought with my hard earned money is in Asaba.

I just believe in fairness and hate injustice.
Re: . by Bede2u(m): 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Igbos can't be strong without SS Igbos?
Was it SS Igbos that have been strengthening SE all these while?
This opinion of yours is exactly what brings us insults
well u have a point...but as far as secession goes, ss igbo especially ikwerres who are near the sea becomes highly needed
Re: . by Cjrane2: 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2018
Bede2u:
well u have a point...but as far as secession goes, ss igbo especially ikwerres who are near the sea becomes highly needed

I think self-rule in a truly federal restructured Nigeria is better than outright secession.

Part of the things you have to think of is how to manage these types of issues. Right now, if every region were to manage themselves with their resources under true federalism, you will find that 99% of these types of issues will disappear

4 Likes

Re: . by whirlwind7(m): 4:37pm On Sep 22, 2018
Bede2u:

You still don't get it, do you?

In the event that access to the sea coast becomes an issue, this is going to be handled as purely a business transaction, in which both sides benefits. Igbos do not have to beg Ikwerres or any other group for this.
In such business, you state your terms, and both sides benefit financially from it. If it doesn't work out with them, there are other options such as Akwa Ibom. It is business, not bullshit based on ethnic sentiments.

Meanwhile, if a seaport of international standard gets operational in Rivers, who do you think would drive the bulk of the business that will happen there? Igbos, of course.
Once you realize they need us more than we need them, all you need to do is set your house in order, and watch them come running. Enough with these advocacy for people who don't have any need of you at the moment.

All this impotent wailing you guys are making here is a waste of time.
Bring something to the table, and all these renegade groups will fall over themselves to court your attention.

@ horsepower101 I have been enjoying your objective contributions to this thread.
However, you are letting your emotions over this Igbo or non Igbo issue cloud your thoughts.
That suggestion about letting everyone state publicly their ethnic affiliation is a waste of time. You said that the SE has been sweeping the issue under the rug, hoping it would go away.

Well, the reason why the issue seem to linger is because there has been no cogent economic or political reason that would make such groups publicly identify themselves as Igbos. What would they gain at this time from it?
You're putting the cart before the horse. Make yourself a beautiful bride and several suitors would give an arm and a leg to get married to you....and that's what the SE needs to become: a beautiful bride.
That's what this thread is meant to discuss: how the SE can become a regional power house. After that, everything else will fall into place.

Your emotions over this issue, no matter how visceral it is, will not make even that close neighbor of yours want to call himself a proud Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: . by mightguy(m): 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2018
Bede2u:
abi? What about the Azumini river in abia that is near to the sea. It can be dredged wella and we can ave a port. I pity ikwerre cos when the tussle for ph will come. We will see how they will fare

1 Like

Re: . by mightguy(m): 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2018
whirlwind7:

You still don't get it, do you?

In the event that access to the sea coast becomes an issue, this is going to be handled as purely a business transaction, in which both sides benefits. Igbos do not have to beg Ikwerres or any other group for this.
In such business, you state your terms, and both sides benefit financially from it. If it doesn't work out with them, there are other options such as Akwa Ibom. It is business, not bullshit based on ethnic sentiments.

Meanwhile, if a seaport of international standard gets operational in Rivers, who do you think would drive the bulk of the business that will happen there? Igbos, of course.
Once you realize they need us more than we need them, all you need to do is set your house in order, and watch them come running. Enough with these advocacy for people who don't have any need of you at the moment.

All this impotent wailing you guys are making here is a waste of time.
Bring something to the table, and all these renegade groups will fall over themselves to court your attention.

@ horsepower101 I have been enjoying your objective contributions to this thread.
However, you are letting your emotions over this Igbo or non Igbo issue cloud your thoughts.
That suggestion about letting everyone state publicly their ethnic affiliation is a waste of time. You said that the SE has been sweeping the issue under the rug, hoping it would go away.

Well, the reason why the issue seem to linger is because there has been no cogent economic or political reason that would make such groups publicly identify themselves as Igbos. What would they gain at this time from it?
You're putting the cart before the horse. Make yourself a beautiful bride and several suitors would give an arm and a leg to get married to you....and that's what the SE needs to become: a beautiful bride.
That's what this thread is meant to discuss: how the SE can become a regional power house. After that, everything else will fall into place.

Your emotions over this issue, no matter how visceral it is, will not make even that close neighbor of yours want to call himself a proud Igbo.
don't mind him. Access to the sea while there is a very big land tussle in ph.
Re: . by hammer6F: 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2018
Bede2u:

Wrong! Ikwere need igbo but Igbo dont need Ikwere.

Dont u see Amaechi as transport minister doing everything in his power to kill Enugu international airport.

Last year, he closed the airport and advice utility of Port Harcourt that was still under construction.

Wat Ikwere fail to understand is that Igbo are very good record keepers and we dont forget anything.

As far as Port Harcourt is concenered, it has nothing to offer us.

Is Opobo and Bonny also Ikwere becos, the last time I checked, Ikwere like the rest of Main land igbo are land locked.

The only access point to the sea is Opobo and Bonny and they are actually Igbo.

Instead of using port harcourt we use Abia River to access the sea.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by hammer6F: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2018
Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu To Partly Close For Maintenance 0
BY AMADI INYA ON DECEMBER 14, 2017 NEWS

Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu will be temporarily shut down this month as the federal government has concluded plans to start repair work on the runway.

From the information obtained by sagetravels.com, the airport will be closed from 3 pm daily 14th December to 21st December 2017. After 6 days of reopening, the airport will be closed again from 27th December 2017 and reopen on 4th January 2018.

Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu To Partly Close For Maintenance
Akanu Ibiam International Airport to be partially Shutdown notice (Twitter: Air peace)

During the maintenance period, all passengers and flight operations to Akanu Ibiam International airport, Enugu will be redirected to Sam Mbakwe Cargo Airport, Owerri or Portharcourt International Airport, Portharcourt.

All airlines servicing the airport have been informed to direct their flight operation to Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri or Portharcourt International Airport pending when the airport is fixed and good for use.
https://www.sagetravels.com/akanu-ibiam-international-airport-enugu-to-partly-close-for-maintenance/
Re: . by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2018
pazienza:
On the Omu Anioma, she is neither here nor there. Unlike the Asagba of Asaba, whose Igbo identity and solidarity you can never question, the Omu plays politics with her Igbo identity, she speaks from both sides of her mouth. Just listen to this her statements and tell me what you think :

FRANKOFILI.NET
OPINION0
Anioma cannot be miniaturized – by Marther Dunkwu, Omu Anioma.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2017

Where do we stand? The good people of Anioma Nation, I mean. What are our Leaders and custodians of our Destiny saying on this issue of restructuring, partitioning of Nigeria etc?

I have said it over and over again that Leadership cannot be taught in a one month crash programme. It is not gotten either by donkey years of doing the wrong thing. It is impossible to teach conviction. Which direction do they want us to go and why? Is it proper to keep quiet or sit on the fence at this very difficult and challenging time in our nation’s history? Why are they our Leaders?

Before the civil war, there were four regions in Nigeria. North, West, East and Midwest which became Bendel, then Delta and Edo States. We, Anioma Nation was NOT part of the old Eastern Region and will NEVER be. We will not be played like chess or be appendage to anyone or be ridiculed and remembered in after thought. If, for any reason, Nigeria decides to break up, we, Bendel or Midwest will become our own Nation.
https://frankofili.net/2017/09/anioma-cannot-be-miniaturized-by-marther-dunkwu-omu-anioma.html

It's obvious the internet never forget. The Omu Anioma is neither here or there. So how do we reconcile this fact.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.