Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,112 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

. - Politics (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (586256 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
Happy faces

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2018
God bless ndigbo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by ariesbull: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2018
horsepower101:

Yeah some people from oko say that but i think its exaggerated...There was definitely some inter-marriage from the past but they are still igbos. So many english people have some german and french ancestry but you will never see an english man claim German or french.

At least we can see the German relations with English and German a related language but the case of Anioma and Benin are poles apart
Or is it that whoever married a woman forgets language?
Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
Handsomegod:
I do not doubt or deviate from your views. I still maintain,based on first hand experience and observation of current events,Igboid groups acceptance or denial of their Igbo identity is a matter of awareness and perspective. ICSN (Igbo cultural and social network) is the umbrella body of Igbo youths in the UK and arguably the most vibrant Pan-Igbo Youth Group in the diaspora.There were Anioma and Rivers Igbo fellas in the group and the question of Igbones or lack of it never arose were youths who took the right turn.My ex is from Ezenei Quarters in Asaba and they and their family are full blooded Igbo. Recently,Achuzia's burial and funeral was turned to a carnival by all Igbo groups. The question of Igbones or lack of it never arose. I still maintain that things are changing for the better with my personal experiences over the years and observation too.

Don't ever use diaspora to talk about those Igbo deniers. They always join Igbo diasporan groups and even ferocious to become presidents esp the Ikwerre ones.
They are good with tribal politics, knowing when being Igbo will favor them and where they lose , so they act accordingly.
They are always pro Igbo at every place outside Rivers/ Delta state/Igboland . Who doesn't know Igbo groups are the strongest, both nationally and Internationally and solve members problems in some cases ?
There is so much to gain from joining Igbo groups if you see yourself outside Igboland.
The same people that join Igbo groups outside Igboland will come back and tell you they aren't Igbos. We know them well.

Not even the civil war is an excuse for such stuffs anymore. Do you know When the war ended?
These people are waiting for Igbo presidency or political success before they begin to align once again.
And sb was telling me that if they want to be Igbos tomorrow, won't I take them ?
The whole idea of Somebody "becoming an Igbo tomorrow" alone is baffling. Identity is now pants that they change at will...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
OreMI22:

All i will say is don't think the only people who will deny their Igboness are Ikwerres, Aniomas or Igbos at the border of Igboland.

There was a time when it was the fashionable thing to deny that you are not Igbo or you don't speak it.

Many Aniomas and Ikwerres are good Igbos as many more like Oliseh may be misguided or even evil. But be careful when you try to label everyone because you lump the innocent and guilty in the same basket. What you have done then would be to tell those professing their Igbo origin from those places that you'd rather believe those that deny it than believe them.

Not everyone from SE love Igboland. Some of them hate other Igbo people from other SE states with a passion that will surprise you. Timothy Mcveigh was born white in America. he voluntarily enlisted in the army to help protect Americans. The same person turned around and killed so many Americans without remorse. Don't be too quick to think that because some was born in SE, he is more loyal to Igbo cause than someone born in Anioma or Ikwerre. There are many Igbos from my village here in USA that deny everything about their culture They are even glad their children cannot understand a word of Igbo language. In time, they will see the harm they are doing. But right now, they believe not speaking Igbo to their children makes them "superior" to other children.

That picture looks like Oklahoma city blast. I'm I correct?
Re: . by mightguy(m): 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Don't ever use diaspora to talk about those Igbo deniers. They always join Igbo diasporan groups and even ferocious to become presidents esp the Ikwerre ones.
They are good with tribal politics, knowing when being Igbo will favor them and where they lose , so they act accordingly.
They are always pro Igbo at every place outside Rivers/ Delta state/Igboland . Who doesn't know Igbo groups are the strongest, both nationally and Internationally and solve members problems in some cases ?
There is so much to gain from joining Igbo groups if you see yourself outside Igboland.
The same people that join Igbo groups outside Igboland will come back and tell you they aren't Igbos. We know them well.

Not even the civil war is an excuse for such stuffs anymore. Do you know When the war ended?
These people are waiting for Igbo presidency or political success before they begin to align once again.
And sb was telling me that if they want to be Igbos tomorrow, won't I take them ?
The whole idea of Somebody "becoming an Igbo tomorrow" alone is baffling. Identity is now pants that they change at will...
don't mind them. They will denial been igbo but at any slightest opportunity they ave to occupy seats meant for the supposed igbo people. They will pounce on it sharply..don't be surprised if an ikwerre men is given a vp ticket tomorrow. U will be surprised how the igbo denial will vanish into thin air. They will carry pro igbo ideology for head. This people to me are opportunistic and such people should be feared. Go to the face book page of omu anioma and see for urself. She is now walking hand in hand with emeka esogbue to write trash jst to get gather support because of some opposition she is facing to be a woman king. To have rights such as the igwes.
Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:08pm On Sep 21, 2018
mightguy:
don't mind them. They will denial been igbo but at any slightest opportunity they ave to occupy seats meant for the supposed igbo people. They will pounce on it sharply..don't be surprised if an ikwerre men is given a vp ticket tomorrow. U will be surprised how the igbo denial will vanish into thin air. They will carry pro igbo ideology for head. This people to me are opportunistic and such people should be feared. Go to the face book page of omu anioma and see for urself. She is now walking hand in hand with emeka esogbue to write trash jst to get gather support because of some opposition she is facing to be a woman king. To have rights such as the igwes.

Please, tell me more about the Onu Anioma debacle. What happened?
Re: . by aniomafirstson: 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2018
mightguy:
You have been bursted

No such thing as omu anioma Facebook page

some of you don't even contribute meaningfully to this thread

we only see your big heads here only when the issue of SS igbos are being discussed.

Just imagine the nonsense this one is saying

omu anioma that is even advising all igbos to come back home is now the one working with esogbue grin

oga get your fact right before coming online to spill thrash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHze7ZfXYOw&itct=CBgQpDAYACITCOTvtaqxzN0CFQ2GewodGK0GFlIKb211IGFuaW9tYQ%3D%3D&hl=en&client=mv-google&gl=NG

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 4:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:

You have been bursted

we only see your big heads here only when the issue of SS igbos are being discussed.

omu anioma that is even advising all igbos to come back home is now the one working with esogbue grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHze7ZfXYOw&itct=CBgQpDAYACITCOTvtaqxzN0CFQ2GewodGK0GFlIKb211IGFuaW9tYQ%3D%3D&hl=en&client=mv-google&gl=NG

Nice one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2018
Anioma people are ok but u see does ikweere people that don't know anything will be aggressive to igbo..book dey no no..work they no Sabi but na dey go make highest noise..na just to drink ogogolo up and down and thugly they sabi

Anioma people are educated and easy going but ikweres no no ...u know empty vessels make the highest noise

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
I think is high time Igbos should leave them alone

Is not by force

We have enough personal that are make waves abroad

Our culture is well represented home and abroad

Is any ikwere man better Dan Chinua acheba, chimsmda adechie, Genevieve nnaji, ngozi okomjo iweala, emeka anyaoku nnedi okoroafor etc. That are making waves both home and abroad

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
Let close this topic abeg

I always feel embarrassed when people talk about it

Biko
Re: . by ANSMEDIA: 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2018
Some views of Udoka estates Awka

10 Likes

Re: . by ANSMEDIA: 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2018
Ngozika estates Phase-I Awka

6 Likes

Re: . by ANSMEDIA: 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
Udoka estates neigborhoods Awka.

8 Likes

Re: . by mightguy(m): 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:

You have been bursted

edited... Abeg go ur way
Re: . by mightguy(m): 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Please, tell me more about the Onu Anioma debacle. What happened?
edited. Bros forget
Re: . by mightguy(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:

You have been bursted

story. Stop showing us videos. Rotimi Amaechi nko?... They say this Today. Tomorrow they say another thing..
Re: . by Dremca(m): 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
Please show us more pictures of Ngozika Estate Phase 2
ANSMEDIA:
Ngozika estates Phase-I Awka

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
mightguy:
story. Stop showing us videos. Rotimi Amaechi nko?... They say this Today. Tomorrow they say another thing..

What is your point? Why are you putting all south-south Igbos in one basket? What is your end goal because at this point, I don't know hat exactly you are fighting?

Yes there are Igbo clans that denied their Igboness in the south-south but there are also other Igbos clans (Both in Rivers and Delta state) that NEVER EVER denied their Igbo ancestry.

STOP PUTTING EVERYONE IN ONE BASKET. STOP GENERALIZING.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
horsepower101:

What is your point? Why are you putting all south-south Igbos in one basket? What is your end goal because at this point, I don't know hat exactly you are fighting?

Yes there are Igbo clans that denied their Igboness in the south-south but there are also other Igbos clans (Both in Rivers and Delta state) that NEVER EVER denied their Igbo ancestry.

STOP PUTTING EVERYONE IN ONE BASKET. STOP GENERALIZING.
bros the thing dey pain me some time. Anyway shaa. I will keep calms

1 Like

Re: . by Chef2000: 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
I think it's high time we stop this issue of who is Igbo and who's not, let everyone be whoever he/she wants to be,

Meanwhile the pics from Awka are looking great.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2018
mightguy:
bros the thing dey pain me some time. Anyway shaa. I will keep calms

My Brother I understand your frustrations and I share the same. Its now upto our generation to break that cycle of animosity. Generalizing can be very dangerous and propagate the cycle of distrust and animosity. Go back and read what pazienza wrote.

I humbly plead with everyone to resist the temptation of putting all south-south igbos into the ikwerre basket.

4 Likes

Re: . by mightguy(m): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2018
horsepower101:

My Brother I understand your frustrations and I share the same. Its now upto our generation to break that cycle of animosity. Generalizing can be very dangerous and propagate the cycle of distrust and animosity. Go back and read what pazienza wrote.

I humbly plead with everyone to resist the temptation of putting all south-south igbos into the ikwerre basket.
kkk boss. Tanx
Re: . by ariesbull: 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
mightguy:

Tgat Emeka Esogbue , Nkechi Bianze , Lauretta and Solomon Mgbejume tops the list of confused Igbo

3 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
Ngozika housing estate, Anambra housing development corporation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

It's true. You know them very well. Very opportunitic fellows. Once they come back to Rivers/Delta state, they become chameleons again, and morph into non Igbos.

You can't achieve much with such people, and those telling those of us from SE to accept them that way, are selling us short. No, we wouldn't accept nonsense just so that some people would identify with us. We have our own pride and dignity to protect, we are not that desperate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2018
On the Omu Anioma, she is neither here nor there. Unlike the Asagba of Asaba, whose Igbo identity and solidarity you can never question, the Omu plays politics with her Igbo identity, she speaks from both sides of her mouth. Just listen to this her statements and tell me what you think :

FRANKOFILI.NET
OPINION0
Anioma cannot be miniaturized – by Marther Dunkwu, Omu Anioma.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2017

Where do we stand? The good people of Anioma Nation, I mean. What are our Leaders and custodians of our Destiny saying on this issue of restructuring, partitioning of Nigeria etc?

I have said it over and over again that Leadership cannot be taught in a one month crash programme. It is not gotten either by donkey years of doing the wrong thing. It is impossible to teach conviction. Which direction do they want us to go and why? Is it proper to keep quiet or sit on the fence at this very difficult and challenging time in our nation’s history? Why are they our Leaders?

Before the civil war, there were four regions in Nigeria. North, West, East and Midwest which became Bendel, then Delta and Edo States. We, Anioma Nation was NOT part of the old Eastern Region and will NEVER be. We will not be played like chess or be appendage to anyone or be ridiculed and remembered in after thought. If, for any reason, Nigeria decides to break up, we, Bendel or Midwest will become our own Nation.
https://frankofili.net/2017/09/anioma-cannot-be-miniaturized-by-marther-dunkwu-omu-anioma.html

3 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2018
Very beautiful collection of buildings. ......

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Dremca(m): 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2018
More pictures please
ckenneths:
Very beautiful collection of buildings. ......
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
Summit road, Asaba. ........

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.