Stats: 3,163,007 members, 7,852,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:05 PM

. - Politics (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (590033 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Xander85: 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
ckenneths:
Very beautiful collection of buildings. ......

Your high mega-pixel camera always makes these places look better than that actually are! shocked

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2018
Summit bus stop .
This is Asaba

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:21pm On Sep 21, 2018
Xander85:

Your high mega-pixel camera always makes these places look better than that actually are! shocked

cheesy But the estate is beautiful.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2018
What does she mean by saying that Anioma can never be part of the Eastern region? Isn't it our goal to create and re unite Anioma with the rest of SE? So, how can she come and be saying that Anioma can "never" be part of the Eastern region?

Also, how exactly can Anioma be an independent nation, if she is already part of the Igbo nation? Omu seem to be saying that Anioma is independent of the Igbo, and she further entrenched this view by saying that Anioma cannot be an "appendage" to anyone. I believe the anyone she is referring to here are Ndiigbo. Omu seem to believe that Uniting Anioma with SE would mean making her an appendage to SE. She is not alone in this narrow thought process, it's a view held by a significant portion of Anioma people. The goal seem to be to create an independent Anioma ethnic nationality, while working closely with Ndiigbo, and if possible, use our help, without our knowledge to achieve that.

I had argued this out with the Omu and her people on her facebook wall and they blocked me, after raining insults on me. They never denied my accusations of the Omu being chameleonic and using Ndiigbo to achieve her independent Anioma agenda.

This was after Omu was invited to Alaigbo Development project, and she started her speech there by reminding Ndiigbo that "Anioma is not an appendage of anyone (Ndiigbo) ".
Someone picked this up as a cryptic message, and refered us to her earlier article which I had posted, where she was campaigning for an independent Anioma nationality, and had used the same "appendage" statement. I was marveled and worried as well, when the person provided a link to her facebook wall, bearing the news article I had quoted.

That's the nature of these people once in Nigeria. Very discouraging.

Re: . by raker300: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
Onitsha

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
Good quality of roads.....

Re: . by Develpeast: 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:

I agree with you
the staunch Igbo ones are all old

uti nwachukwu is old grin
faze is old grin
buchi is old grin
bovi is old grin
wizzboy is old grin
tinie tempah is old grin
even lynxx is so old he can't see again grin

infact the staunch Igbo ones are all above 80 grin

Are you saying bovi is anioma?

Re: . by AnambraDota: 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2018
@pazienza
Forget that woman, she is an usurper, who made her omu Anioma. Anioma is not an ethnic nationality, it's just an acronym, Is Anioma a distinct people or political identity created to unify igbos in Delta State , the woman is too shallow to be taken serious. I once listened to her speak in one event she was invited and I was somehow ashamed, she was castigating SE for every decision they took and the once they never took while praising Anioma. She even suggested SE Igbos should start marrying. many wives and be bearing multiple children like Hausas.

Sometimes she make sense along the line the start yabbin bullshit.

I think it's high time we stop debating this issue here lest we forget what we are here for, enough of this argument please.

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
This is Asaba in Delta state

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
pazienza:
On the Omu Anioma, she is neither here nor there. Unlike the Asagba of Asaba, whose Igbo identity and solidarity you can never question, the Omu plays politics with her Igbo identity, she speaks from both sides of her mouth. Just listen to this her statements and tell me what you think :

FRANKOFILI.NET
OPINION0
Anioma cannot be miniaturized – by Marther Dunkwu, Omu Anioma.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2017

Where do we stand? The good people of Anioma Nation, I mean. What are our Leaders and custodians of our Destiny saying on this issue of restructuring, partitioning of Nigeria etc?

I have said it over and over again that Leadership cannot be taught in a one month crash programme. It is not gotten either by donkey years of doing the wrong thing. It is impossible to teach conviction. Which direction do they want us to go and why? Is it proper to keep quiet or sit on the fence at this very difficult and challenging time in our nation’s history? Why are they our Leaders?

Before the civil war, there were four regions in Nigeria. North, West, East and Midwest which became Bendel, then Delta and Edo States. We, Anioma Nation was NOT part of the old Eastern Region and will NEVER be. We will not be played like chess or be appendage to anyone or be ridiculed and remembered in after thought. If, for any reason, Nigeria decides to break up, we, Bendel or Midwest will become our own Nation.
https://frankofili.net/2017/09/anioma-cannot-be-miniaturized-by-marther-dunkwu-omu-anioma.html

Assuming the above is really true, I am very disappointed that she made those unfortunate comments. This year, she was invited to speak at the Alaigbo development forum and she gave a very inspiring speech on Igbo unity and the need to bring back our wealth back to Igbo land.

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
Develpeast:

Are you saying bovi is anioma?
yea
Bovi ugboma is from ukwuani but spent a huge chunk of his life in warri.

Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2018
horsepower101:

Assuming the above is really true, I am very disappointed that she made those unfortunate comments. This year, she was invited to speak at the Alaigbo development forum and she gave a very inspiring speech on Igbo unity and the need to bring back our wealth back to Igbo land.

She made that speech. It's on her facebook wall. That's if she hasn't deleted it yet.

In that Alaigbo development forum speech. She started it by cryptically reminding her Igbo audience that Anioma has never been an "appendage" to "anyone".

Some one picked it up, and revealed to us, who the anyone she speaks of were exactly. And what she meant by Anioma not being an appendage to anyone.
Turns out she is promoting Anioma ethnicity independence and has no interest in merging Anioma with SE. Ndiigbo are also the "anyone" she spoke of.

The likes of Emeka Esogbue are on with the Anioma nationality project as well.

Re: . by mightguy(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2018
pazienza:
What does she mean by saying that Anioma can never be part of the Eastern region? Isn't it our goal to create and re unite Anioma with the rest of SE? So, how can she come and be saying that Anioma can "never" be part of the Eastern region?

Also, how exactly can Anioma be an independent nation, if she is already part of the Igbo nation? Omu seem to be saying that Anioma is independent of the Igbo, and she further entrenched this view by saying that Anioma cannot be an "appendage" to anyone. I believe the anyone she is referring to here are Ndiigbo. Omu seem to believe that Uniting Anioma with SE would mean making her an appendage to SE. She is not alone in this narrow thought process, it's a view held by a significant portion of Anioma people. The goal seem to be to create an independent Anioma ethnic nationality, while working closely with Ndiigbo, and if possible, use our help, without our knowledge to achieve that.

I had argued this out with the Omu and her people on her facebook wall and they blocked me, after raining insults on me. They never denied my accusations of the Omu being chameleonic and using Ndiigbo to achieve her independent Anioma agenda.

This was after Omu was invited to Alaigbo Development project, and she started her speech there by reminding Ndiigbo that "Anioma is not an appendage of anyone (Ndiigbo) ".
Someone picked this up as a cryptic message, and refered us to her earlier article which I had posted, where she was campaigning for an independent Anioma nationality, and had used the same "appendage" statement. I was marveled and worried as well, when the person provided a link to her facebook wall, bearing the news article I had quoted.

boss oga abali.
Re: . by horsepower101: 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2018
pazienza:

This is the reason why Igbos of the geopolitical south east zone just give up. Trust is the major thing lacking. I just hope that things change for the better because if attitudes like these continue, we will have to make that tough decision of permanently separating forever. I pray we never get to that point.

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
God bless our Anioma brothers, hoping to be in Legacy house for the next meeting cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Curlieweed: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2018
pazienza:

I listened to that ADF speech and was very incensed. I wonder why they invited that silly woman. Her speech was filled with subtle and not so subtle jibes at SE’terners.

She kept giving a whole range of retarde.d advice. This ranged from Igbos must practice polygamy to increase our population to the one about placing jingles to get people to come back home. Then she was talking about “baby factories” and other such nonesense including how her synthetic so-called Anioma are superior because they have traditional stools for women. Then it was on about how our parents are failing because of IPOB. She is not Igbo and does not even understand our values.

ADF needs to up their and get some focus. That hag was not only a total waste of space but also an insult to our sensibilities.

Re: . by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2018
pazienza:

I just decided to stay away from this topic but, let me just make my points ( make e for no loss ). I have visited my grandma several times in Obiaruku in Ukwani LGA in the same Anioma and I can boldly tell you that no Ukwani/Ndokwa person refers to himself or herself as Igbo, even my own grandma rejects being called Igbo. When you go to other parts of Anioma, from Ika to Aniocha to Oshimili, people hardly call themselves Igbo for reasons best known them. The only time Anioma people claim being Igbo is when they are outside Anioma in order to avoid discrimination from other ethnic groups. Most of those celebrities and notable people from Anioma claiming Igbo everywhere are mostly doing it also avoid discrimination from other ethnic groups. You need to come to Aniocha north and south to see how their kings reject the igbo identity, same with Oshimili and Ika. Those that claim being Igbo are mainly the Anioma youths who were born outside Anioma and did not grow up with the mentality of not being Igbo. I can boldly tell you that 98% of Anioma youths born outside Delta and Edo states claim Igbo ancestry because they grew up in a society where they were called Igbo people unlike those who were born within Edo and delta and have the mentality of not being Igbo. I have decided to let everyone be, whether you claim Igbo or not, that is your business, as for me, I know fully well that there was no time in Benin history when kings were called "Eze" and there was no prince called "Chima".
If not that God made me come from Delta, I would have been the main promoter of disassociating the SE from those ignorant SS Igbo because I don't have time to convince ignorant people about their true history. Left for me, the map of Igboland would have been only the SE, anybody in the SS who feels he/she is Igbo is highly welcomed home ( the SE ) but I will never include Anioma and Rivers into the map of Igboland because the insult is getting too much. Yorubas and Hausas don't face this kind of discrimination from their brothers and sisters, why would Igbo own be different?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Bede2u(m): 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2018
pazienza:

anioma people sef tire me. Ifeanyi okowa said igbo is a language and not a tribe...that they are anioma and cannot be in biafra or east...that there is a natural boundary...

Why are these people making things difficult?

The truth is nigeria may never divide unless igbos are strong enough to push it...cos no other group will push it...and igbos cannot be strong enough without ss igbos...

As we keep staying in nigeria, centuries may pass and tribal line (especially in the south) will become blurred
Re: . by aniomafirstson: 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

I just decided to stay away from this topic but, let me just make my points ( make e for no loss ). I have visited my grandma several times in Obiaruku in Ukwani LGA in the same Anioma and I can boldly tell you that no Ukwani/Ndokwa person refers to himself or herself as Igbo, even my own grandma rejects being called Igbo. When you go to other parts of Anioma, from Ika to Aniocha to Oshimili, people hardly call themselves Igbo for reasons best known them. The only time Anioma people claim being Igbo is when they are outside Anioma in order to avoid discrimination from other ethnic groups. Most of those celebrities and notable people from Anioma claiming Igbo everywhere are mostly doing it also avoid discrimination from other ethnic groups. You need to come to Aniocha north and south to see how their kings reject the igbo identity, same with Oshimili and Ika. Those that claim being Igbo are mainly the Anioma youths who were born outside Anioma and did not grow up with the mentality of not being Igbo. I can boldly tell you that 98% of Anioma youths born outside Delta and Edo states claim Igbo ancestry because they grew up in a society where they were called Igbo people unlike those who were born within Edo and delta and have the mentality of not being Igbo. I have decided to let everyone be, whether you claim Igbo or not, that is your business, as for me, I know fully well that there was no time in Benin history when kings were called "Eze" and there was no prince called "Chima".
If not that God made me come from Delta, I would have been the main promoter of disassociating the SE from those ignorant SS Igbo because I don't have time to convince ignorant people about their true history. Left for me, the map of Igboland would have been only the SE, anybody in the SS who feels he/she is Igbo is highly welcomed home ( the SE ) but I will never include Anioma and Rivers into the map of Igboland because the insult is getting too much. Yorubas and Hausas don't face this kind of discrimination from their brothers and sisters, why would Igbo own be different?

You are right in a way

It is mostly the younger generation that see themselves as Igbo.

As for the older ones ......lemme keep mute

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

I think its time Ohaneze invites all the Igboid leaders in the south-south and ask them openly declare if they are Igbos or not. Things cannot continue this way if we are going to move forward.

It time we know those we can truly rely on and call our brothers and those we need to permanently cut off for the sake of future generations.

Re: . by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:

You are right in a way

It is mostly the younger generation that see themselves as Igbo.

As for the older ones ......lemme keep mute

The older ones are ignorant people. They are confused between accepting Benin or Igbo ancestry or creating an Anioma ethnic group.

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2018
Bede2u:
anioma people sef tire me. Ifeanyi okowa said igbo is a language and not a tribe...that they are anioma and cannot be in biafra or east...that there is a natural boundary...

The truth is nigeria may never divide unless igbos are strong enough to push it...cos no other group will push it...and igbos cannot be strong enough without ss igbos...

As we keep staying in nigeria, centuries may pass and tribal line (especially in the south) will become blurred

Anioma land is littered with weakling of men whom their women are even more stronger than the men. When I am finished my fortification and God willing the spirit of my ancestors guide and direct me and I am able to twist the mind of the Igbo man into the right form Anioma will become even more inconsequential than they are today. I hate when men sit around and discuss these sissies. These people have been bewitched with the spirit of low self worth by the Benin kingdom. Imagine a woman being invited by Igbo to give lecture and she didnt even bow to the Igbo nation. We need to be more stricter and stern! We been iron fisted cultural revolutionist. The western culture is tearing Igbo land apart thats why Chimamanda is running around in America dragging us through the mud with her feminist movement.

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
Bede2u:

This will be one of the biggest tragedy that will happen to Africa if the only group that has consistently shown the ability to develop and advance becomes absorbed genetically with backward and coward tribes who lack the ability to stand for themselves.

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
Pazienza, being educated and intelligent is not enough! I expect you to do more in action! You can't keep using a strategy that have not worked. Sometimes a man need to go into isolation and ask for the spirit of the land to bless him with wisdom. Christianity has failed us.! Stop running away from your root....Embrace the Igbo spirituality.

Look how pathetic the black world is just because we have allowed weaklings to rule over us....This reformation,however, must start from our nucear family.

Re: . by Bede2u(m): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
horsepower101:

This will be one of the biggest tragedy that will happen to Africa if the only group that has consistently shown the ability to develop and advance becomes absorbed genetically with backward and coward tribes who lack the ability to stand for themselves.
e tire me...europe is christian culture, india is a hindu culture, china is a buhddist culture, arab is a muslim culture...wat is nigerian culture??

We are not a nation. The south west that has a mix of christian and islam is at least united by culture and blood.

Nigerian tribes mixing last last will only end up enthroning hausa-fulani power and yoruba culture.

The igbo tribe will be the biggest losers in a unified nigeria...any way u check it.

Sadly that is becoming more and more our reality. We now have igbos from se who feel ashamed that they are igbos because they grew up in lagos.

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2018
More pictures of Asaba. .......

Re: . by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2018
Bede2u:
e tire me...europe is christian culture, india is a hindu culture, china is a buhddist culture, arab is a muslim culture...wat is nigerian culture??

We are not a nation. The south west that has a mix of christian and islam is at least united by culture and blood.

Nigerian tribes mixing last last will only end up enthroning hausa-fulani power and yoruba culture.

The igbo tribe will be the biggest losers in a unified nigeria...any way u check it.

Sadly that is becoming more and more our reality. We now have igbos from se who feel ashamed that they are igbos because they grew up in lagos.

you are truly speaking reality. I know Igbos here in Lagos who are not proud of their ethnic group because of peer pressure from non Igbos. Our parents are failing in their duty of promoting Igbo awareness to their children. I have some friends who told me that Ndigbo originated from Enugu. Can you imagine? Is it someone that doesn't know his history that will then defend igboland outside in the midst of outsiders?

Re: . by hammer6F: 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2018
Bede2u:

Congrats gentlemen, we are finally eyes wide open and awake.

Before Kanu started acting like a drunkard, he severally eluded to this same very point.

Ever wondered wat it is about Igbo women that makes all the tribes want to marry from us?

From Yoruba, Edo, Itsekiri, Ijaw etc will openly brag that their wives are igbo.

As an Igbo man, u start to wonder wat happened to their own women.

Linda Ikeji recently had a son, she openly on instagram identified his tribe as Itsekiri.

So, the igbo man that produce her wasted his time?

Now, u look carefully around, Linda is just following the recent trend amongst Igbo girls.

Even one went and got pregnant for Abubakar (IGP son), started wearing hijab but was rejected wen the guy married Dangote daughter, leaving her to raise his son.

Do u need me to state the effect of all this on igbo population?

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
Chinese Mandarin restaurant in Asaba

Re: . by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2018
[quote author=horsepower101 post=71406262]

I think its time Ohaneze invites all the Igboid leaders in the south-south and ask them openly declare if they are Igbos or not. Things cannot continue this way if we are going to move forward.

It time we know those we can truly rely on and call our brothers and those we need to permanently cut off for the sake of future generations.

This is the only solution.

Re: . by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2018
hammer6F:

Before Kanu started acting like a drunkard, he severally eluded to this same very point.

Ever wondered wat it is about Igbo women that makes all the tribes want to marry from us?

From Yoruba, Edo, Itsekiri, Ijaw etc will openly brag that their wives are igbo.

Linda Ikeji recently had a son, she openly on instagram identified his tribe as Itsekiri.

Now, u look carefully around, Linda is just following the recent trend amongst Igbo girls.

Even one went and got pregnant for Abubakar (IGP son), started wearing hijab but was rejected wen the guy married Dangote daughter, leaving her to raise his son.

The man makes the tribe not the woman. As long as we continue to have able bodied men, Igbo race can never die whether we marry Igbo women or not.

Re: . by stanluiz(m): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2018
hammer6F:

So sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130