Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

. - Politics (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (583179 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:26pm On Oct 10, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:

What is really happening in S Sudan?
I thought they just had their independence recently cutting out from Sudan..
Why the rivalry again?

South Sudan was United by shared enemy they had in North Sudan.
Immediately their shared enemy was removed out of the picture, they found out they didn't have much else in common.
They were a multiethinic country and quickly degenerated into tribal skirmishes, immediately they gained independence.
This is what could happen in multiethnic Biafra with bitter Igbophobic Igboids and non Igboids in SS. Which is why I'm strongly against a multiethinic Biafra. Those groups are too far gone in their Igbo resentment to be ever cured again. They would infect a new struggling Biafra with so much toxicity that she might never succeed.
We are better off without them. If only IPOB would understand.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
Handsomegod:

Once again,you delivered what should constitute State of the Union rebuttal! Aside that Igbos practice a higher version of democracy,our internal cohesion is very solid. For instance,Town unions are the major drivers of development in Igbo land.Infact,towns contend to outdo each other in internal development till date. Introduction of statehood stifled and corrupted Igbo noble values. If our town unions have a hundredth of the funds at the disposal of the states,they will do more. This method of development is not replicated in any other region.Even the vigilantes in our communities and villages provide better security.I for one cannot recall the last time i heard of theft or any criminal attempted breaking into my family country home.
Fact is there are lots revisionism,half truths,scare mongering and deliberate propaganda assaults on Igbos and some of our people caught the bug hence why we are here battling wiith our own people to declutter their mindset.

Didn't you guys say he is not Igbo ?
Re: . by hammer6F: 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Oyigbo and Egbema would always happily return to us.
Brotherhood is meaningless, if it has to be forced.

Ikwerres and their ilks are not our brothers, they are not worth fighting for.

If your aim of wanting Ikwerre and co is for territorial sake, then I'd say you have point, and then I would ask you, why stop at Ikwerre and co. You can as well take the rest of Rivers lowland in battle,and open up a modern Igbo Atlantic coastline, if that's what you want. But that's barbaric way of doing things, and the opportunity for that is long gone. cool

Since we are all gentlemen and civilized beings here, and we are all interested in building a Pan Igbo nation, where all components are involved in, out of shared and mutual feeling of brotherhood, and not out of coercion, as is the case with Nigerian groups, then I would say that Ikwerre and their Igboid co travellers in Rivers state, simply don't fit in.
I'm sure you would understand better, if you look at it more closely.

On your second paragraph, If Igbo had visionary leaders who put the interest of Igbo before their personal ambition then we would not be having this conversation.

Believe it or not Yoruba coastline was no different to Igbo coastline. Much of Yoruba were landlocked. The yoruba, like the Igbo were not coastal dwellers.

This is why u here story like Lagos is owned by Bini or Ijaws in Ondo and Itsekiri etc.

However, swiftly after independence, whilst Igbo leaders like Aguyi Ironsi and Nnamdi Azikiwe were busy forming imaginary brotherhood with people they dont know.

Yoruba leaders like Awolowo were busy unifying the Yoruba ethnic group and mobilising the different clans, right up to what was known as the mid-west region.

Ironically, our dear Anioma brothers were willed to the western region and subsequent mid-west region. That speaks volumes about the type of leaders Ndiiigbo have and the origin of our present predicament.

Even the Ijaw, made moves to unify their various clans when people like Adaka Boro initially seceded from Nigeria.

Guess wat, it was the same cluesless Igbo leaders of that age that fought tooth and nail to bring them back into the fold of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Didn't you guys say he is not Igbo ?
I do not know who you refer to sir. Perhaps you take me for someone else. That he differ sharply with other forumites on the Igbo denials and inclusion in River State especially did not make him less of Nwa Afo.We all disagree to agree.
Re: . by hammer6F: 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Oyigbo and Egbema would always happily return to us.
Brotherhood is meaningless, if it has to be forced.

Ikwerres and their ilks are not our brothers, they are not worth fighting for.

If your aim of wanting Ikwerre and co is for territorial sake, then I'd say you have point, and then I would ask you, why stop at Ikwerre and co. You can as well take the rest of Rivers lowland in battle,and open up a modern Igbo Atlantic coastline, if that's what you want. But that's barbaric way of doing things, and the opportunity for that is long gone. cool

Since we are all gentlemen and civilized beings here, and we are all interested in building a Pan Igbo nation, where all components are involved in, out of shared and mutual feeling of brotherhood, and not out of coercion, as is the case with Nigerian groups, then I would say that Ikwerre and their Igboid co travellers in Rivers state, simply don't fit in.
I'm sure you would understand better, if you look at it more closely.

Had Igbo leaders first made move to secure the territorial integrity of Igbo land and unify the various Igbo clans first, then the next move would be to capture the rest of Rivers lowland into the Igbo family via association, media and mutual interchangeable interest.

They should be the ones denouncing Ijaw and claiming Igbo and not Igbo denouncing and claiming Ijaw. Naturally like the yorubas, we would have secured a modern Atlantic coastline.

That opportunity is now forever lost in time.
Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 5:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

On your second paragraph, If Igbo had visionary leaders who put the interest of Igbo before their personal ambition then we would not be having conversation.

Believe it or not Yoruba coastline was no different to Igbo coastline. Much of Yoruba were landlocked. The yoruba, like the Igbo were not coastal dwellers.

This is why u here story like Lagos is owned by Bini, Ijaws in Ondo and Itsekiri etc.

However, swiftly after independence, whilst Igbo leaders like Aguyi Ironsi and Nnamdi Azikiwe were busy forming imaginary brotherhood with people they dont know.

Yoruba leaders like Awolowo were busy unifying the Yoruba ethnic group and mobilising the different clans, right up to what was known as the mid-west.

Ironically, our dear Anioma brothers were willed to the western region and subsequent mid-west region. That speaks volumes about the type of leaders Ndiiigbo have and the origin of our present predicament.

Even the Ijaw, made moves to unify their various clans when people like Adaka Boro initiall seceded from Nigeria.

Guess wat, it was the same cluesless Igbo leaders of that age that fought tooth and nail to bring them back into the fold of Nigeria.
Excuse me sir? Which mid-west do you speak? By all means,read up and quit this amok-running here. M.I Okpara,Zik and Igbo elements in NCNC saw to the creation of Mid Western Region first to bring Western Igbos closer home and to relieve the minorities there already being strangulated by Awo and his octopus politics. Enough of your self loathing.

1 Like

Re: . by hammer6F: 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2018
Bede2u:
the thing i will say in this matter after reading posts from hammer6f is that if we are ever planning an independent igbo nation we MUST work with this map...no matter the opinion of the various clans captured within it...cos the wolf doesnt concern itself with the opinion of the sheep

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3131018_igboland_jpeg72ffdbe9771892b98ffe883330da1679
If it means war, i will pick up arms God willing

However, if we are talking about igbo within nigeria, then we must primarily work with the map of SE

Our best option now to access the Atlantic ocean is in the map above, subject to agreement by the ogoni that we will be passing through their land to Bonny and Opobo to access the seaport and they stand to benefit economically from this transit of people and cargo.

So we must ensure that we secure the people of bonny stretching down to Opobo as our own since they already speak Igbo if we are to gain access to the Atlantic Ocean.
Re: . by horsepower101: 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

Had Igbo leaders first made move to secure the territorial integrity of Igbo land and unify the various Igbo clans first, then the next move would be to capture the rest of Rivers lowland into the Igbo family via association, media and mutual interchangeable interest.

They should be the ones denouncing Ijaw and claiming Igbo and not Igbo denouncing and claiming Ijaw. Naturally like the yorubas, we would have secured a modern Atlantic coastline.

Masssive cargo planes like C30 with 5 cargo airports in the East will solve our daily importation needs. A lot of nations are beginning to use cargo planes for massive imports.

1 Like

Re: . by CyynthiaKiss(f): 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Immediately their shared enemy was removed out of the picture, they found out they didn't have much else in common.
They were a multiethinic country and quickly degenerated into tribal skirmishes, immediately they gained independence.
This is what could happen in multiethnic Biafra with bitter Igbophobic Igboids and non Igboids in SS. Which is why I'm strongly against a multiethinic Biafra. Those groups are too far gone in their Igbo resentment to be ever cured again. They would infect a new struggling Biafra with so much toxicity that she might never succeed.
Thanks a lot

As regards to Biafra Including SS non Igbos, dont you think that there won't be agitation because everybody will be controlling his resources unlike what is happening in Nigerian where the Fed govt is rubbing Peter to pay Paul . I am asking because I have seen IPOB stand about resource control .

Remember that there are many multi ethic countries that are living in peace because everyone is in charge of his recourses.

Note : I am not in support or against any minority to be in Biafra.. It should be up to them to decide before they start shouting "Igbos want to steal our ooyel" even when they are not currently in control of the oil in their region.
Just asking...

Again, is South Sudan govt practicing the kind of government.. of rub Peter to pay Paul ?
Thanks..

1 Like

Re: . by hammer6F: 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
horsepower101:

Masssive cargo planes like C30 with 5 cargo airports in the East will solve our daily importation needs. A lot of nations are beginning to use cargo planes for massive imports.

So Igbo nation will not have a Navy?

This was exactly how we got blockaded.

The capacity of a Cargo ship cannot be substitutted by even 20 C30 cargo plane.

Re: . by pazienza(m): 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

On your second paragraph, If Igbo had visionary leaders who put the interest of Igbo before their personal ambition then we would not be having conversation.

This is why u here story like Lagos is owned by Bini, Ijaws in Ondo and Itsekiri etc.

Yoruba leaders like Awolowo were busy unifying the Yoruba ethnic group and mobilising the different clans, right up to what was known as the mid-west.

Even the Ijaw, made moves to unify their various clans when people like Adaka Boro initiall seceded from Nigeria.

Yes! The Aworis are not different from the Ikwerre. The Ijebus are not different from the Ekpeye/Ogba. Those groups use to reject Yoruba tag.
The Egun (Badagry) are not Yoruba at all. Their language is distinct, yet they grudgingly accept the Yoruba tag today.

If the Yorubas lost a civil war, the Awori would be chanting their Bini connections lots more than they do today, like the Anioma are doing. Heck, the Oba of Lagos even had the audacity to tell Yorubas that Lagos is of Bini ancestry recently.
Ijebus were struggling with accepting the Yoruba tag as early as 1950s, if Yoruba lost a civil war, they would try to maintain their distinctiveness and hype more on their supposedly Sudan origin. Till today, Ijebus don't accept they are descendants of Oduduwa, yet Oduduwa is supposed to be the unification factor for Yorubas.
Eguns are to Yorubas, like Ogonis were to us in Ph area. If the war didn't occur, Ogonis would occasionally not mind being called Ibos. While still maintaining their Ogoni ethnicity and language.

All these things are a fall out of Nzeogwu coup and the civil war. It changed our course of history, and we are here to pick up the pieces. Wallowing on ifs will not help us. Holding tenaciously on a past that nolonger exists, will not help us too. Our best deal is to work with what we have, and what we currently have is SE and Obigbo.

When the Qing dynasty fell to the British, and the Manchurians who ran it, became subject to resentment by the Han Chinese tribes. Many Manchurian became deeply involved in identity crisis. They did many things to deny their origin, to fit into the new Han Chinese controlled China. What is happening to us, is not unprecedented in human history. It's the hydra headed fruits of ignominy of defeat.

This phase of our history would also pass, but the more we refuse to work with the current reality, but instead cling unto a past that is no longer obtainable, the more we prolong this phase of our history.

5 Likes

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 6:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Yes! The Aworis are not different from the Ikwerre. The Ijebus are not different from the Ekpeye/Ogba. Those groups use to reject Yoruba tag.
The Egun (Badagry) are not Yoruba at all. Their language is distinct, yet they grudgingly accept the Yoruba tag today.

If the Yorubas lost a civil war, the Awori would be chanting their Bini connections a more today, like the Anioma are doing. Heck, the Oba of Lagos even had the audacity to tell Yorubas that Lagos is of Bini ancestry recently.
Ijebus were struggling with accepting the Yoruba tag as early as 1950s, if Yoruba lost a civil war, they would try to maintain their distinctiveness and hype more on their supposedly Sudan origin. Till today, Ijebus don't accept they are descendants of Oduduwa, yet Oduduwa is supposed to be the unification factor for Yorubas.
Eguns are to Yorubas, like Ogonis were to us in Ph area. If the war didn't occur, Ogonis would occasionally not mind being called Ibos. While still maintaining their Ogoni ethnicity and language.

All these things are a fall out of Nzeogwu coup and the civil war. It changed our course of history, and we are here to pick up the pieces. Wallowing on ifs will not help us. Holding tenaciously on a past that nolonger exists, will not help us too. Our best deal is to work with what we have, and what we currently have is SE and Obigbo.

When the Qing dynasty fell to the British, and the Manchurians who ran it, became subject to resentment by the Han Chinese tribes. Many Manchurian became deeply involved in identity crisis. They did many things to deny their origin, to fit into the new Han Chinese controlled China.

This phase of our history would also past, but the more we refuse to work with the current reality, but instead cling unto a past that is no longer obtainable, the more we prolong this phase of our history.
South East and Obigbo only? The compliant parts of Anioma nko? Or do you also exclude Anioma in your equation? At least,there are more Igboid Aniomas today than a decade ago.
Re: . by oilyngbati(m): 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

And this is exactly what the hausa/fulani and their afonja cohorts fears most. They know that Nigeria is held together, intact by the sheer hate that all other groups harbour for Ndigbo, take away Igbo from the zoo called Nigeria, and see how everything else crumbles. Do you know I met a Benue indigene (TIV to be precise) who swore that Igbo would never rule Nigeria, because to him, Igbo is greedy. I asked him about who has been killing people in his home state, with the aim of taking over their land? He told me that they, middlebelters have been through this with the Fulanis and it will be resolved soon.

This is why I’m happy IPOB was stopped because they lack the understanding of the zoo, called Nigeria. They must first come to grip with the fact that we are surrounded by enemies and not this stupid multi-ethnic Biafra they’re preaching. The SS and middle belt are conquered territories and are willing tools as espoused by Ahmadu Bello.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by hammer6F: 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

If the Yorubas lost a civil war, the Awori would be chanting their Bini connections a more today, like the Anioma are doing. Heck, the Oba of Lagos even had the audacity to tell Yorubas that Lagos is of Bini ancestry recently.

When the Qing dynasty fell to the British, and the Manchurians who ran it, became subject to resentment by the Han Chinese tribes. Many Manchurian became deeply involved in identity crisis. They did many things to deny their origin, to fit into the new Han Chinese controlled China.

This phase of our history would also past, but the more we refuse to work with the current reality, but instead cling unto a past that is no longer obtainable, the more we prolong this phase of our history.

hammer6F:

We are saying the same thing.

However, I am looking at the reality of today and how to make the best of it.
Re: . by hammer6F: 6:25pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

If the Yorubas lost a civil war, the Awori would be chanting their Bini connections lots more than they do today, like the Anioma are doing. Heck, the Oba of Lagos even had the audacity to tell Yorubas that Lagos is of Bini ancestry recently.

When the Qing dynasty fell to the British, and the Manchurians who ran it, became subject to resentment by the Han Chinese tribes. Many Manchurian became deeply involved in identity crisis. They did many things to deny their origin, to fit into the new Han Chinese controlled China. What is happening to us, is not unprecedented in human history. It's the hydra headed fruits of ignominy of defeat.

This phase of our history would also pass, but the more we refuse to work with the current reality, but instead cling unto a past that is no longer obtainable, the more we prolong this phase of our history.

There is nothing like Obiigbo only.

Ijaw, Benin, Igala and Yoruba are never going to stop growing.

There is no where to grow to but Obiigbo.

The earlier we realise that we once decided to leave in our enclave but foreigners came to our enclave killed our children and men and raped our mothers/sisters.

Dragging us screaming and against our will back into Nigeria, the better.

Heck they recently repeated it at Kanu father house last year.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2018
Handsomegod:

South East and Obigbo only? The compliant parts of Anioma nko? Or do you also exclude Anioma in your equation? At least,there are more Igboid Aniomas today than a decade ago.

The theme is : #OPERATION NOAH'S ARK

The door is opene to Igbo groups,but nobody should and will be begged,forced or wooed to enter.

Look, as we speak, I can only vouch for Obigbo and SE.

Ika is too attached to Bini, Ukwuani is too attached to Isoko/Urhobo, while even though Oshimili and Aniocha are too attached to Anambra, they still don't want to leave Ukwuani and Ika people behind. So in the end, they are all neither here nor there.
I can't stick out my neck for them. If I were an Igbo leader, I would work like I'm only working with SE and Obigbo, while keeping an open mind about Ndoni,Oshimili and Aniocha.

Alas, I'm not an Igbo leader, I'm only airing my personal opinions, which are by no means mistake proof or perfect.

1 Like

Re: . by hammer6F: 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2018
If u want to be moral and in paradise, go to heaven, here on earth it is war.

Those prepared will always emerge victorious.

That land u want to hold, is already in another person contemplation, who desire that land and will do anything to take it from u.

Let us be realistic.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

We are saying the same thing.

However, I am looking at the reality of today and how to make the best of it.

I'm only extrapolating and adding more perspective to your opinions. I agree with you, as you can see my affirmation of that with the word "Yes". smiley

1 Like

Re: . by hammer6F: 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

I'm only extrapolating and adding more perspective to your opinions. I agree with you, as you can see my affirmation of that with the word "Yes". smiley

Of course..

I recently met a man from Benin who seems to claim Anioma people and was telling me how they can see onitsha from Edo state.

He wanted to claim onitsha too but met resistance at my hands.

Then he moved to Delta state as a whole.

The reason why i am saying this is becos, we have part of Igbo land now in Benue, Cross River, Edo.

They will keep cutting until AWKA will remain the only Igbo land left.

We need to stop defensive approach and start attacking.

1 Like

Re: . by meccuno: 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2018
Chiwude:
God knows I sounded this warnings earlier in 2014 and was attacked for saying the truth. Thank God that all the fools carrying PDP on their head will now understand the meaning of interest. My prayer for them is that Atiku doesn't disappoint them, else many won't get hold of themselves.
Atiku picking his VP from the SW is his own cup of tea. And all those saying we will rather be apathetic than vote Buhari are fools. Big idiots and should stop speaking studiply in our behalf. These folks do not see the bigger picture with scenarios like this. The picture is that we are slowly learning the meaning of putting Igbo interest first before party loyalty. The Igbo nation should use next year's election as an opportunity to reinvent itself. If Buhari comes giving us a sacrosanct offer then Atiku should shove his impending SW VP in his ass.
Ohaneze has said it openly that the Igbo nation shall weigh our option before voting for any candidate and that the SE is not locked for any party. Even from consultation with Buhari so far our Governors and leaders are beginning to weigh their options. The same PDP that many of us are good to praise has shown a high level of disdain times without number towards the Igbo nation. Imagine for 16 years of PDP stay in power the highest position we could attain was Senate President and we saw how we got ridiculed with it. Now after supporting the PDP in their 4 years in abyss the same ridicule is raring it's head again. And somebody will ask me why I'm always fond of slashing the party. I don't blame these people it's the likes of political jobbers likes of Ralph Uwechue, Iwuanyanwu, Peter Obi, Theodore Orji, Pius Anyim and others who sold us cheap in 2011-2015 and please don't ask me why. It time we get our priorities right and think Igbo first. Our interest should come first irrespective of greed by the likes of politicians amongst us. And if that interest means supporting Buhari with a better offer 2019 so be it, unless the PDP mends it ways.
Buhari was never a toxic Igbo hater until last 2015 election, truth be told. Maybe the afonja's intoxicated him with their hate on Ndigbo or maybe not, we'll never know. But the truth is that the Buhari that picked Igbo VP consecutively for two elections still have some level of harmony towards us, that we must activate.
Igbo interest must always comes first, nothing like over our deadbody shall we vote Buhari, words like this should never condoned politicaally in Igboland because it blurs our interest.
Buhari was never a toxic igbo hater? are you kidding me??
Re: . by pazienza(m): 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
oilyngbati:
And this is exactly what the hausa/fulani and their afonja cohorts fears most. They know that Nigeria is held together, intact by the sheer hate that all other groups harbour for Ndigbo, take away Igbo from the zoo called Nigeria, and see how everything else crumbles. Do you know I met a Benue indigene (TIV to be precise) who swore that Igbo would never rule Nigeria, because to him, Igbo is greedy. I asked him about who has been killing people in his home state, with the aim of taking over their land? He told me that they, middlebelters have been through this with the Fulanis and it will be resolved soon.

This is why I’m happy IPOB was stopped because they lack the understanding of the zoo, called Nigeria. They must first come to grip with the fact that we are surrounded by enemies and not this stupid multi-ethnic Biafra they’re preaching. The SS and middle belt are conquered territories and are willing tools as espoused by Ahmadu Bello.

Yes! I had some years back made a long expository post on how shared Igbo resentment was the glue, upon which modern "One Nigeria" was built on in 1970.
The British saw to it that the first Nigeria built on shared British( colonial /neo colonial) resentment died between 1967-1970, and was replaced with the "One Nigeria" , glued together by shared Igbo resentment by its constitutents. It made it easier for them to fully deploy their neo colonialist agenda.

The first Nigeria was built on shared resentment of the British by the Yorubas and Igbos, with the North being lukewarm. Which was why the British entrusted them with power.
They weren't entrusted with power because of phantom political structures some people were parroting here.
They were entrusted with power because, the British had neo colonial interests in Nigeria,, which the Igbo and Yorubas were not going to entertain. It would have been stupid for the British to entrust any of Igbo or Yorubas with power, when they(British) harboured neo colonial agenda.

3 Likes

Re: . by ariesbull: 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
horsepower101:

If they can dredge Suez Canal which splits two countries and if they can dredge panama cannal ..we can do Obuaku or Oguta which is not far

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
meccuno:
Buhari was never a toxic igbo hater? are you kidding me??

Twice, he ran with Igbo VPs.
In 2003, he ran with Chuba Okadigbo as his VP, but we didn't even look his way, we had our head deep down PDP ass to look towards him.

In 2007, yet again, he ran with an Igbo VP with Ogbonnaya onu. Yet we chose to vote PDP, who snubbed us, by offering the VP to SS, on Edwin Clark insistence and vocal display of Igbophobia towards Odili.

Put yourself in Buhari shoes for once. Buhari is no saint, but we haven't been fair to him as well. He is a human being after all.

I think it's time we toned down on this Buhari hate. It's becoming senseless. Buhari is not the devil.
Even the devil, people still reach compromise with the devil.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ariesbull: 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:

Thanks a lot

As regards to Biafra Including SS non Igbos, dont you think that there won't be agitation because everybody will be controlling his resources unlike what is happening in Nigerian where the Fed govt is rubbing Peter to pay Paul . I am asking because I have seen IPOB stand about resource control .

Remember that there are many multi ethic countries that are living in peace because everyone is in charge of his recourses.

Note : I am not in support or against any minority to be in Biafra.. It should be up to them to decide before they start shouting "Igbos want to steal our ooyel" even when they are not currently in control of the oil in their region.
Just asking...

Correct

horsepower101:

If they can dredge Suez Canal which splits two countries and if they can dredge panama cannal ..we can do Obuaku or Oguta which is not far
Re: . by meccuno: 6:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

In 2003, he ran with Chuba Okadigbo as his VP, but we didn't even look his way, we had our head deep down PDP ass to look towards him.

In 2007, yet again, he ran with an Igbo VP with Ogbonnaya onu. Yet we chose to vote PDP, who snubbed us, by offering the VP to SS, on Edwin Clark insistence and vocal display of Igbophobia towards Odili.

Put yourself in Buhari shoes for once. Buhari is no saint, but we haven't been fair to him as well. He is a human being after all.

I think it's time we toned down on this Buhari hate. It's becoming senseless. Buhari is not the devil.

because he had Igbo vps doesn't mean he loves them. and stop making it sound like igbos are hateful people. there is a reason why they dont really like buhari if you dont know please go back in time or read his recent and past comments about people he really loves. if you cant see that then you are among those igbos who are very naive about the relation of the Igbos with non igbos
Re: . by horsepower101: 7:00pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

The point that you made above shows that you are very honest. We haven’t been fair to buhari. As much as I hate the man, I can honestly say that he tried to reach out to igbos twice in the past by choosing igbo VP. We were very loyal to PDP and honestly, it hasn’t paid off. So now PDP has an ultimatum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2018
meccuno:
because he had Igbo vps doesn't mean he loves them. and stop making it sound like igbos are hateful people. there is a reason why they dont really like buhari if you dont know please go back in time or read his recent and past comments about people he really loves. if you cant see that then you are among those igbos who are very naive about the relation of the Igbos with non igbos

He doesn’t love Yorubas either. In fact buhari is fully aware that Yorubas were praying for his death when he was sick. We Ndigbo need to learn how to start forgoing our principles and deal with Nigerians based on pragmatic interest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2018
meccuno:

Lol!
I never said we are hateful people. Politics is not about love or hate. It's about interests.

Our interests aligned with those of Buhari in 2003 and 2007 when PDP snubbed and refused to repay our loyalty, but we were too blind to see it.

Our interests might yet align with his again, should Atiku and PDP snub us again.

See, like someone said. Our interest shouldn't be whether Buhari is crashing Nigerian economy or whether Nigeria is getting worst under Buhari leadership.
Our interests should be these:

1. Can Buhari and APC guarantee us automatic Senate presidency slot, which as far as I'm concerned, is open, as Saraki had left APC

2. Can Buhari gurantee top ministerial appointments to our Igbo technocrats?

3. Can Buhari guarantee upgrading AIIA into real international airport as well as waving off bottlenecks that currently plague that airport?

4. Position in the NEC in Buhari government.

5. SE prioritized in infrastructural development of the nation and no longer sidelined.

6. Etc.

The above should be our interest and not if Buhari love or hate us. Or if he is leading Nigeria to doom.
Problem is that Ndiigbo seem to be majoring on the minor, and minoring on the major.

While SW are hustling for what to extract from Buhari. Ndiigbo are interested on Buhari poor leadership.
Yet we miraculously want to still have Buhari do something for us in the end, even when we never hustled for it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by meccuno: 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Lol!
I never said we are hateful people. Politics is not about love or hate. It's about interests.

Our interests aligned with those of Buhari in 2003 and 2007 when PDP snubbed and refused to repay our loyalty, but we were too blind to see it.

Our interests might yet align with his again, should Atiku and PDP snub us again.

See, like someone said. Our interest shouldn't be whether Buhari is crashing Nigerian economy or whether Nigeria is getting worst under Buhari leadership.
Our interests should be these:

1. Can Buhari and APC guarantee us automatic Senate presidency slot, which as far as I'm concerned, is open, as Saraki had left APC

2. Can Buhari gurantee top ministerial appointments to our Igbo technocrats?

3. Can Buhari guarantee upgrading AIIA into real international airport and waving off bottlenecks the currently plaguing that airport?

4. Position in the NEC in Buhari government.

5. SE prioritized in infrastructural development of the nation and no longer sidelined.

6. Etc.

The above should be our interest and not if Buhari love or hate us. Or if he is leading Nigeria to doom.

If you are talking about interest then i would be forced to agree with you. but understand this,The igbos have no future in Nigeria.
Re: . by OMANBALA1: 7:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
Pabloafricanus is a yoruba who is pushing a yoruboid superiority agenda. When he first started with this current moniker about three years ago he was initially solely interested in Yorubas influence in south america but he was also trying to deceive his ancestors in believing he is from South America...lol. Well, as they say , a leopard will never change its stripes. Yoruba and treachery is like chromosomes with chromatin, FFUCKING INSEPARABLE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
meccuno:
If you are talking about interest then i would be forced to agree with you. but understand this,The igbos have no future in Nigeria.

Nigeria itself has no future. It's a sinking ship.
You think Yorubas don't already know this?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by superlightning: 7:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

Of course..

I recently met a man from Benin who seems to claim Anioma people and was telling me how they can see onitsha from Edo state.

He wanted to claim onitsha too but met resistance at my hands.

Then he moved to Delta state as a whole.

The reason why i am saying this is becos, we have part of Igbo land now in Benue, Cross River, Edo.

They will keep cutting until AWKA will remain the only Igbo land left.

We need to stop defensive approach and start attacking.

Nice one.

For me, I won't settle for a shrinky igboland. We are expansionists and minorities will NEVER beat us to it. We shall expand igboland either through politics or through commerce.

Igbos slaves bought their freedom in the past (eg king jaja, olaudah equiano, etc). We bought lands in the past to expand our territory through mutually and legally transacted boundary adjustments. We owned businesses to become stake holders in our host communities outside igboland.....

We are expansionists NOT isolationists.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.