Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

. - Politics (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (581324 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by hammer6F: 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
horsepower101:

Thanks for telling him that. That's why he wasn't understanding me at all.

The two of u make me laugh.

U keep running thinking ur Igboland is heaven and nothing can happen to u there.

Nothing stopp fulani from coming to cut your neck inside your room and rape your wife.

Stop being scared.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:45pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

I am sorry but I think the onus is on us to first recognise them regardless of whose ox is gored.

Remind them of who they are and invite them back home.

Lol!
You think they don't know about those stories you are posting?
The Onus is on us to focus on SE and Obigbo, invest seriously on it, and make it great.
Get our politics right by plugging all holes that allow many political vultures to take our slots via either impersonation or by playing better interest based politics. These two are the major routes through which we are losing political clout.
Amaechi a non Igbo is impersonating us as a super minister in Buhari cabinet, Emefiele a non Igbo is impersonating us in Buhari super FG parastatals. We are losing too much power through impersonators whose loyalty is not to Igbo nation. We need to fix that ASAP.
If we do this, and do it well. It will be these groups running to identify with us, and not the other way round.

Take a look at this scenario. Because Igbos dominate Nollywood, Desmond Elliot a Yoruba man With Igbo mum, did all he could to project his Igbo side and suppress his Yoruba side, to fit in well, into the industry.

If we do our job well, by uplifting SE both politically and economically (Aku luo uno). We would shine so bright, sotee, nah dem go dey rush us. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by hammer6F: 8:45pm On Oct 10, 2018
After u will say Yoruba are cowards.

Read this news and see wat happens in Ondo.

We are even just talking about Igbo taken during slavery now living on an island on the Atlantic ocean.

Jaja of Opobo was a proud Igbo man that did his best to stop the British from accessing the Igbo mainland.

He paid the price for that and died in spain.(exile)

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/05/11/ijaw-youth-council-others-condemn-military-invasion-of-ondo-community/
Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2018
Let's go

Re: . by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2018
horsepower101:

thank you once again.
agu nnaaa. Some times I ask myself emere anyi ife eme.. Agbadoro anyi Anya na ilo... Se. Is not even half developed talk less of developing anoda area where people who openly bear grudges against Igbo dominate... Did u hear what frank Francis said about our Kins men cultivating in Nasarawa state in a very big commercial way... If u ask that man to come and take land laying waste in enugwu mountains and ebonyi or abia state or imo. Anambra.. Obido koba tupac.... All this food basket food basket in North majority are igbos who deal seriously on agriculture over there in anoda man land while east are filed with arable land...

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2018
Ikpeazu gives scholarship to Wole Soyinka prize winners

Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has given scholarship awards to Masters Brandon Onyemelukwe and Okoronkwo Mmesomachi, both of Dority International School Aba, who won the 1st and 3rd positions at the 2018 Wole Soyinka International Easy Competition and Cultural Exchange Program competition.

Onyemelukwe got One Million Naira (N1,000,000) while Mmesomachi got Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N500,000) only.

Governor Ikpeazu announced the scholarship awards when the two students, in the company of their teachers and fellow students visited the Governor at the Abia State Governor’s Lodge Aba.

The Abia Info.

1 Like

Re: . by hammer6F: 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Lol!
The Onus is on us to focus on SE and Obigbo, invest seriously on it, and make it great.
Get our politics right by plugging all holes that allow many political vultures to take our slots via either impersonation or by playing better interest based politics. These two are the major routes through which we are losing political clout.
Amaechi a non Igbo is impersonating us as a super minister in Buhari cabinet, Emefiele a non Igbo is impersonating us in Buhari super FG parastatals. We are losing too much power through impersonators whose loyalty is not to Igbo nation. We need to fix that ASAP.
If we do this, and do it well. It will be these groups running to identify with us, and not the other way round.

Take a look at this scenario. Because Igbos dominate Nollywood, Desmond Elliot a Yoruba man With Igbo mum, did all he could to project his Igbo side and suppress his Yoruba side, to fit in well, into the industry.

If we do our job well, by uplifting SE both politically and economically (Aku luo uno). We would shine so bright, sotee, nah dem go dey rush us. grin

Ala igbo need bold leaders for the future, who are strategic and tactical.

we cannot survive like this as a people.

Ever shrinking and out gamed even by minorities. grin
Re: . by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2018
horsepower101:

thank you once again.
bros. I don't knw if this nah jazz. South east is not even developed and they are looking for another region to develop. Did u see what frankfrancis871 said about our kinsmen who owns big farm over there in the north.. While arable land are lying in the east.... Go to Enugwu and see land on mountains uninhabited. Ebonyi is fertile. Imo and anambra but if u call them to come and take land and cultivate. Okoba Tupac...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Lol!

Aku luo uno will solve 80% of our problems in Nigeria. Igbos keep underestimating how transformational bringing their wealth back to igboland would be.
Re: . by PabloAfricanus(m): 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Pabloafricanus is a yoruba who is pushing a yoruboid superiority agenda. When he first started with this current moniker about three years ago he was initially solely interested in Yorubas influence in south america but he was also trying to deceive his ancestors in believing he is from South America...lol. Well, as they say , a leopard will never change its stripes. Yoruba and treachery is like chromosomes with chromatin, FFUCKING INSEPARABLE.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Emotional drivel from a childish supremacistgrin
Ok what if I'm Yoruba, then what
So I must be Yoruba to comment on an open forum or discuss Igbo affairs?

Being that I'm in the mood to be petty today, maybe I should give it to you smiley
Are you not the silly i.diat who only feels good when he can compare himself with other Igbos and see them as lesser than himself?
Anambra people are quite accomplished, but I don't get the fixation with making other igbos feel lesser and smaller.
Do you i.diats have a problem with letting others sing your praises and emulate your success?
I.diats like you actually have a condition called severe inferiority complex, you're basically crying for attention and validation. embarassed cry

PS: Not everyone who challenges Igbo views is a hater or Yoruba or whatever for that matter.
Re: . by hammer6F: 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
bros. I don't knw if this nah jazz. South east is not even developed and they are looking for another region to develop. Did u see what frankfrancis871 said about our kinsmen who owns big farm over there in the north.. While arable land are lying in the east.... Go to Enugwu and see land on mountains uninhabited. Ebonyi is fertile. Imo and anambra but if u call them to come and take land and cultivate. Okoba Tupac...

SE will never develop without access to a functional deep seaport.

We even need more than one sef.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2018
ghostfacekillar:

My hope is that this attitude of ignoring our own homeland to invest elsewhere that is riskier and life threatening will stop. It is up to our current generation to stop that trend. It has to stop and we don't have a choice at this point with the way things are going in Nigeria.
Re: . by hammer6F: 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2018
horsepower101:

My hope is that this attitude of ignoring our own homeland to invest elsewhere that is riskier and life threatening will stop. It is up to our current generation to stop that trend. It has to stop and we don't have a choice at this point with the way things are going in Nigeria.

Put a deep seaport on the Island off Opobo and see commerce flourish to the extent that Ndiigbo will become whole salers.

Rather than carrying trade north, the north will com and buy from us in Onitsha.

Nobody will need to go North again as we will expand both industry and commerce in Igboland as importers and exporters.
Re: . by hammer6F: 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
Good day my brothers, i will take my leave now and see u soon.
Re: . by horsepower101: 9:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

Factoring the use of Lagos seaport alone;

Apart from Lagos and Abuja, South East Nigeria is the fastest developing region in Nigeria right now. Why do you think Dangote that has been avoiding the east suddenly started opening cement depots in eastern cities?

No other region compares to south east right now with the level of development going on. If you disagree, please name them.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:03pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

Ala igbo need bold leaders for the future, who are strategic and tactical.

we cannot survive like this as a people.

Ever shrinking and out gamed even by minorities. grin

Let me tell you. You are not more expansionist oriented than me.
You can go through my post history here, you will see there were times in not so distant past I held exact same opinion as you currently do.
But we all eventually learn with time, if we are open minded enough.

See, political problems aren't different from mathematics.
In maths, you start from the known to the unknown.

But what you lots have been trying to do is the exact opposite. You haven't taken cognizance of the known values, but you are too fixated on the unknown, that you forget that you can only possess the unknown, after you have appreciated and made use of the known.

See, the known in Igbo political calculation is SE and Obigbo.
The unknown are all those you fancy idea of how to get Igbanke( Edo) , Anioma (Delta) Isobo(in Obubra Cross River), Umuezekoha clan (Benue), Ikwerre, Etche, Ogba, Ndoni (Rivers) . Bonny and Opobo ( Coastal Ijaw-Igbo hybrid) , back to the known, which is SE.

You are not seeing the bigger picture that those of us who are insisting we focus on the known (SE plus Obigbo), perhaps might even have bigger agenda than you do.
You want us to come out in public here and start making big empty threats of how we must drag Ikwerre and co back to SE? grin

6 Likes

Re: . by hammer6F: 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2018
horsepower101:

Factoring the use of Lagos seaport alone;

Apart from Lagos and Abuja, South East Nigeria is the fastest developing region in Nigeria right now. Why do you think Dangote that has been avoiding the east suddenly started opening cement depots in eastern cities?

No other region compares to south east right now with the level of development going on. If you disagree, please name them.

Cement warehouse is not a good thing.

It only makes Dangote richer and adds no value to the region.

I studied economist and am an expert in that area.

I keep showing u people way, yet u run back scared.

Wat u are scared off i dont know.

If it is cutting head, u have hand and can equallly cut head.

good night!

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

Cement warehouse is not a good thing.

It only makes Dangote richer and adds no value to the region.

I studied economist and am an expert in that area.

I keep showing u people way, yet u run back scared.

Wat u are scared off i dont know.

If it is cutting head, u have hand and can equallly cut head.

good night!

Once again you totally missed my point. I was using dangote's presence as an indices of the development going on in the South East. He doesn't go where there is no money to be made. There is an unprecedented rate of real estate boom going on right now in the east that I have never seen since i was born. Spyder880 can tell you because he travels around and is a witness to what i am saying.

1 Like

Re: . by hammer6F: 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Let me tell you. You are not more expansionist oriented than me.
You can go through my post history here, you will see there were times in not so distant past I held exact same opinion as you currently do.
But we all eventually learn with time, if we are open minded enough.

See, political problems aren't different from mathematics.
In maths, you start from the known to the unknown.

But what you lots have been trying to do is the exact opposite. You haven't taken cognizance of the known values, but you are too fixated on the unknown, that you forget that you can only possess the unknown, after you have appreciated and made use of the known.

See, the known in Igbo political calculation is SE and Obigbo.
The unknown are all those you fancy idea of how to get Igbanke( Edo) , Anioma (Delta) Isobo(in Obubra Cross River), Umuezekoha clan (Benue), Ikwerre, Etche, Ogba, Ndoni (Rivers) . Bonny and Opobo ( Coastal Ijaw-Igbo hybrid) , back to the known, which is SE.

You are not seeing the bigger picture that those of us who are insisting we focus on the known (SE plus Obigbo), perhaps might even have bigger agenda than you do.
You want us to come out in public here and start making big empty threats of how we must drag Ikwerre and co back to SE? grin

Ikwere is SE already, i showed u the map yesterday unless they want to continue their delusion.

And no need to drag anybody.

The same way they build airport, that they are shoving down our throats, they should go and build deep seaport that we will happily swallow whilst utilizing our international airport in Enugu.

Once goods arrive, they load it unto a smaller boat and send upstream to our various River ports.

Any talk of deep seaport in Abia is pointless, wat will materialise is a Riverport, let us get realistic and face what we need to do rather than procrastinate.
Re: . by horsepower101: 9:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Ikpeazu gives scholarship to Wole Soyinka prize winners

Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has given scholarship awards to Masters Brandon Onyemelukwe and Okoronkwo Mmesomachi, both of Dority International School Aba, who won the 1st and 3rd positions at the 2018 Wole Soyinka International Easy Competition and Cultural Exchange Program competition.

Onyemelukwe got One Million Naira (N1,000,000) while Mmesomachi got Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N500,000) only.

Governor Ikpeazu announced the scholarship awards when the two students, in the company of their teachers and fellow students visited the Governor at the Abia State Governor’s Lodge Aba.

The Abia Info.

Arinze thats the school that I went to in Aba...lol

1 Like

Re: . by ghostfacekillar(m): 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

kpachara Anya gi.

1 Like

Re: . by ghostfacekillar(m): 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

kpachara Anya gi.

1 Like

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 9:18pm On Oct 10, 2018
PabloAfricanus:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Emotional drivel from a childish supremacistgrin
Ok what if I'm Yoruba, then what
So I must be Yoruba to comment on an open forum or discuss Igbo affairs?

Being that I'm in the mood to be petty today, maybe I should give it to you smiley
Are you not the silly i.diat who only feels good when he can compare himself with other Igbos and see them as lesser than himself?
Anambra people are quite accomplished, but I don't get the fixation with making other igbos feel lesser and smaller.
Do you i.diats have a problem with letting others sing your praises and emulate your success?
I.diats like you actually have a condition called severe inferiority complex, you're basically crying for attention and validation. embarassed cry

PS: Not everyone who challenges Igbo views is a hater or Yoruba or whatever for that matter.

You didn't write anything worth reading just like you have always had. But before you call me names take a look at the mirror. Your name says Africanus but all your time on Nairaland was spent attacking and berating your fellow Africans while pushing superiority agenda. Yes, I am a proud Omanbala to the bone marrow but I never spend time running my fellow Igbos down. Inferiority complex does not run in my gene...I am a descendant of IFEUKWUANIM!

3 Likes

Re: . by hammer6F: 9:18pm On Oct 10, 2018
We cannot continue to run from our brothers.

In the old days, we say enyimba enyi and mean every word of it to death.

Wat happened to us? Is it christianity?

Our ancestors stand their ground and fight like it is their last day on earth, having enjoyed all the pleasures of this world.

If Ikwere and Ika want war with us, so be it.

1 Like

Re: . by spyder880(m): 9:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
horsepower101:

Once again you totally missed my point. I was using dangote's presence as an indices of the development going on in the South East. He doesn't go where there is no money to be made. There is an unprecedented rate of real estate boom going on right now in the east that I have never seen since i was born. Spyder880 can tell you because he travels around and is a witness to what i am saying.

More of it happening today cheesy Brand new house I am starting in Anambra state this week .
https://www.nairaland.com/4781338/making-anambra-5-bedroom-duplex

2 Likes

Re: . by ghostfacekillar(m): 9:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

The two of u make me laugh.

U keep running thinking ur Igboland is heaven and nothing can happen to u there.

Nothing stopp fulani from coming to cut your neck inside your room and rape your wife.

Stop being scared.
i see that u like keeping urself busy with things that ain't necessary.... Go to Opobo and take it from dem..mtchew
Re: . by hammer6F: 9:25pm On Oct 10, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
i see that u like keeping urself busy with things that ain't necessary.... Go to Opobo and take it from dem..mtchew

Ur statement is tantamount to saying go to imo and take it from dem.

They already speak igbo, in fact the deep seaport will bring dem development.
Re: . by hammer6F: 9:29pm On Oct 10, 2018
Today Igbo youth sing Enyimba Enyi as if it is a social song.

The people that sang that song, were defiant to death.

It is a battle cry.

1 Like

Re: . by PabloAfricanus(m): 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
OMANBALA1:

You didn't write anything worth reading just like you have always had. But before you call me names take a look at the mirror. Your name says Africanus but all your time on Nairaland was spent attacking and berating your fellow Africans while pushing superiority agenda. Yes, I am a proud Omanbala to the bone marrow but I never spend time running my fellow Igbos down. Inferiority complex does not run in my gene...I am a descendant of IFEUKWUANIM!

Amusing drivel.
Yes, I espouse a pan African world view and I totally am committed to uplifting africans of all shades and colors.
That worldview does not include encouraging tribal or ethnic supremacy, or condoning internal colonization.
Sadly what your blodas were proposing here is exactly what most Nigerians fear Igbos for.
And they're doing it openly without any iota of modesty! grin

I've been on this forum for a while and I am familiar with your OdenigboAroli handle.
Your favorite past time is berating, putting down and making other igbos feel lesser.
You take exceptional pleasure in trumpeting your phantom anambala superiority over other igbos.
I'm yet to figure out how u came about that concept, as anambala was the no go area among the SE states just a few years back.
From silly notions about dialect, foods, dance and other irrelevancies you have created a whole anambala race in nigeria cheesy grin
And you actually believe a military created area on a map confers magical powers to peoples in it?
What would you have IBB who created anambala state do then?
May I suggest you build a shrine or huge statue to IBB somewhere in anambala then? grin
I've read you painstakingly point out that anambala Europeans do not get married to imo,abia,enugu or ebonyi africans.
That is one extreme display of primitive crudity I have ever come across.
Issa wawuu grin
Everything is a competition and race to the finish for i.diats like you.
Well, i.diats like you are usually hiding their severe inferiority complex behind loud mouthed bragging.
It shows as you clearly need to be noticed and validated.
High achievers don't brag or boast, they have praise singers do that for them or admirers.
Maybe you should learn from that.

Yes, I know I'm being petty today, so you'll have to make do with the i.diat tag for now grin
Later when you i.idiats demonstrate better behavior, I might just upgrade it to good boi OK? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by basilo101: 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:
We cannot continue to run from our brothers.

In the old days, we say enyimba enyi and mean every word of it to death.

Wat happened to us? Is it christianity?

Our ancestors stand their ground and fight like it is their last day on earth, having enjoyed all the pleasures of this world.
You are not serious
If Ikwere and Ika want war with us, so be it.
Re: . by meccuno: 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

If Buhari resents Igbo people today, he is only human. I can't see any evidence that Buhari had a particular dislike for Igbos before 2015 elections. Sure, I thought he was your typical Fulani-Muslim ethnocentrist. But there was no indication he had a specific dislike of Ndigbo. If his previous alliances with Igbo running mates had succeed, we might be profiting as partners in a governing coalition today.
It was Igbos that ran stark, raving mad when Buhari defeated GEJ. Not even the Niger Delta - not even GEJ's Ijaw kin - reacted so viscerally and emotionally and bitterly to Buhari's emergence as Ndigbo did. I read unbelievable derogatory hate speech against the guy everywhere I looked. Then Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB came with their own brand of lunacy to further heat up the polity.

It might have even been tolerable if the bitterness against Buhari came from the Igbo elite, but it was a grassroots driven movement. I couldn't understand how we whipped ourselves up into such a hateful frenzy during and after the 2015 elections. I was basically a pre-school toddler at the time, but I'm not even sure Yorubas were that bitter when Abiola's election victory was annulled and he was thrown in jail. I still can't understand the root of such visceral hatred of Buhari.
sir, the hate speech was from all sides. not like the igbos started it. and i repeat that having a VP who is igbo does not make him one who loves igbos. i think you more than that to convince me.

2 Likes

Re: . by basilo101: 10:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
PabloAfricanus:

Amusing drivel.
Yes, I espouse a pan African world view and I totally am committed to uplifting africans of all shades and colors.
That worldview does not include encouraging tribal or ethnic supremacy, or condoning internal colonization.
Sadly what your blodas were proposing here is exactly what most Nigerians fear Igbos for.
And they're doing it openly without any iota of modesty! grin

I've been on this forum for a while and I am familiar with your OdenigboAroli handle.
Your favorite past time is berating, putting down and making other igbos feel lesser.
You take exceptional pleasure in trumpeting your phantom anambala superiority over other igbos.
I'm yet to figure out how u came about that concept, as anambala was the no go area among the SE states just a few years back.
From silly notions about dialect, foods, dance and other irrelevancies you have created a whole anambala race in nigeria cheesy grin
And you actually believe a military created area on a map confers magical powers to peoples in it?
What would you have IBB who created anambala state do then?
May I suggest you build a shrine or huge statue to IBB somewhere in anambala then? grin
I've read you painstakingly point out that anambala Europeans do not get married to imo,abia,enugu or ebonyi africans.
That is one extreme display of primitive crudity I have ever come across.
Issa wawuu grin
Everything is a competition and race to the finish for i.diats like you.
Well, i.diats like you are usually hiding their severe inferiority complex behind loud mouthed bragging.
It shows as you clearly need to be noticed and validated.
High achievers don't brag or boast, they have praise singers do that for them or admirers.
Maybe you should learn from that.

Yes, I know I'm being petty today, so you'll have to make do with the i.diat tag for now grin
Later when you i.idiats demonstrate better behavior, I might just upgrade it to good boi OK? cheesy
Chai. Savagery at best. I was involved in the dialect debate. Bragging for nothing. Well, take it easy on him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.