Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

. - Politics (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (583231 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by meccuno: 7:13pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Nigeria itself has no future. It's a sinking ship.
You think Yorubas don't already know this?
Good then we are on the same page. i am a realist. i guess we probably would get along real good.

1 Like

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 7:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
meccuno:
If you are talking about interest then i would be forced to agree with you. but understand this,The igbos have no future in Nigeria.

We can have a future in Nigeria if we want to but while we are at it we can also refused to be gamed and played by the resentful Nigerians.
Re: . by horsepower101: 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

So Igbo nation will not have a Navy?

This was exactly how we got blockaded.

The capacity of a Cargo ship cannot be substitutted by even 20 C30 cargo plane.

You totally misunderstood me. I am not saying that we don’t need to ship goods but we can complement it with cargo.

Do you know why Ethiopia developed the best airline in Africa? It’s because they are land locked. Today they use cargo airline to supply most of the country’s import.

On side note the south east as currently constituted is not land locked.
Re: . by hammer6F: 7:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Lol!
I never said we are hateful people. Politics is not about love or hate. It's about interests.

Our interests aligned with those of Buhari in 2003 and 2007 when PDP snubbed and refused to repay our loyalty, but we were too blind to see it.

Our interests might yet align with his again, should Atiku and PDP snub us again.

See, like someone said . Our interest shouldn't be whether Buhari is crashing Nigerian economy or whether Nigeria is getting worst under Buhari leadership.
Our interests should be these:

1. Can Buhari and APC guarantee us automatic Senate presidency slot, which as far as I'm concerned, is open, as Saraki had left APC

2. Can Buhari gurantee top ministerial appointments to our Igbo technocrats?

3. Can Buhari guarantee upgrading AIIA into real international airport and waving off bottlenecks the currently plaguing that airport?

4. Position in the NEC in Buhari government.

5. SE prioritized in infrastructural development of the nation and no longer sidelined.

6. Etc.

The above should be our interest and not if Buhari love or hate us. Or if he is leading Nigeria to doom.

Problem is that Ndiigbo seem to be majoring on the minor, and minoring on the major.

While SW are hustling for what to extract from Buhari. Ndiigbo are interested on Buhari poor leadership.
Yet we miraculously what to still have Buhari do something for us in the end, even when we never hustled for it.

I love this.

More please.

Who dont know Nigeria is survival of the fittest.

Let us face front and drive safely, we might arrive safely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 7:18pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Nigeria itself has no future. It's a sinking ship.
You think Yorubas don't already know this?

Not yet, Nigeria will not disintegrate without a ferocious hostility. The north have gone too far to turn around. They depend on the oil goodies. In fact, it would be suicidal for them to agree to disintegrate. I would not If I were them, they will lose massively because middle-belt will starve them to death! And middle-belt will rather die than align with the north.

3 Likes

Re: . by hammer6F: 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
horsepower101:

You totally misunderstood me. I am not saying that we don’t need to ship goods but we can complement it with cargo.

Do you know why Ethiopia developed the best airline in Africa? It’s because they are land locked. Today they use cargo airline to supply most of the country’s import.

On side not the south east as currently constituted is not land locked.

The also use Kenya seaport and Djibouti

Recently made peace with Eritrea and might be using their seaport in the near future.
Re: . by horsepower101: 7:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Not yet, Nigeria will not disintegrate without a ferocious hostility. The north have gone too far to turn around. They depend on the oil goodies. In fact, it would be suicidal for them to agree to disintegrate. I would not If I were them, they will lose massively because middle-belt will starve them to death! And middle-belt will rather die than align with the north.

Then what will they do after oil money runs out? It’s not like oil is going to remain a valuable commodity forever.
Re: . by hammer6F: 7:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
OMANBALA1:

We can have a future in Nigeria if we want to but while we are at it we can also refused to be gamed and played by the resentful Nigerians.

Nna, dat is the spirit.

Let us start rub minds together and start our own game and make them players.
Re: . by hammer6F: 7:24pm On Oct 10, 2018
superlightning:

Nice one.

For me, I won't settle for a shrinky igboland. We are expansionists and minorities will NEVER beat us to it. We shall expand igboland either through politics or through commerce.

Igbos slaves bought their freedom in the past (eg king jaja, olaudah equiano, etc). We bought lands in the past to expand our territory through mutually and legally transacted boundary adjustments. We owned businesses to become stake holders in our host communities outside igboland.....

We are expansionists NOT isolationists.

Gbam!

U said it all.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:25pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

The also use Kenya seaport and Djibouti

Recently made peace with Eritrea and might be using their seaport in the near future.

Yes you are correct but those are complimentary.

If all those nations one day refuse to allow Ethiopia access to their ports, Ethiopia can still use their cargo to bring in important goods.
Re: . by hammer6F: 7:26pm On Oct 10, 2018
horsepower101:

Yes you are correct but those are complimentary.

If all those nations one day refuse to allow Ethiopia access to their ports, Ethiopia can still use their cargo to bring in important goods.

We have River ports, we are building cargo airport, i dont know where u are driving to.

We want a deep seaport at the extreme east of the island off Opobo.
Re: . by horsepower101: 7:30pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

We have River ports, we are building cargo airport, i dont know where u are driving to.

We want a deep seaport in on the etreme east of the island off Opobo.

My point is that if the possible worse case scenario happens where we (igboland) lost complete access to the sea, a cargo airport can provide viable alternative. Simple.

There is still hope for us no matter what our neighbors try to do against us. Once we prove to them that we can do without the sea access, they will come begging us to use it. Then we can negotiate things to favorable terms.
Re: . by hammer6F: 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
horsepower101:

My point is that if the possible worse case scenario happens where we (igboland) lost complete access to the sea, a cargo airport can provide viable alternative. Simple.

There is still hope for us no matter what our neighbors try to do against us. Once we prove to them that we can do without the sea access, they will come begging us to use it. Then we can negotiate things to favorable terms.

We are not proving nothing to anybody.

Both us and our southern neighbours will benefit from the location of our eastern deep seaport here.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

We are not proving nothing to anybody.

Both us and our southern neighbours will benefit from the location of our eastern deep seaport here.

There is nothing like “ our eastern deep sea port”. You are looking for trouble. Those areas have indigenous minorities who will not allow igbos to control their lands.

20 years after the port is open and we have invested massively in the area, they will start saying go and build your own Ibaka just like Yorubas are now saying go and build your own Lagos.

1 Like

Re: . by hammer6F: 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
horsepower101:

There is nothing like “ our eastern deep sea port”. You are looking for trouble. Those areas have indigenous minorities who will not allow igbos to control their lands.

20 years after the port is open and we have invested massively in the area, they will start saying go and build your own Ibaka just like Yorubas are now saying go and build your own Lagos.

Deep seaport are controlled by Federal government.

Let the federal gov first approve a deep seaport, compensate the locals and the seaport provide them with employment.

As for now, u are just being subjective

All we are after is where to access our goods.

1 Like

Re: . by Indigenous(f): 7:40pm On Oct 10, 2018
I can see how the Hausa Fulani terrorist tribe have succeeded in making our south south brothers/sisters useless by making them have the oil mentality. can they survived economically without oil,I pray make the oil well dry quick quick then we will show them where they belong in this Nizooria
Re: . by horsepower101: 7:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

Deep seaport are controlled by Federal government.

Let the federal gov first approve a deep seaport, compensate the locals and the seaport provide them with employment.

As for now, u are just being subjected.

All we are after is where to access our goods.

Now I realized why you are confused. The suggestion that I initially made that started this conversation was talking about how igbos will cope in Biafra. I was not talking about Nigeria. Please reread the conversation but think of like we already have Biafra.

1 Like

Re: . by hammer6F: 7:51pm On Oct 10, 2018
[s]
horsepower101:

Now I realized why you are confused. The suggestion that I initially made that started this conversation was talking about how igbos will cope in Biafra. I was not talking about Nigeria. Please reread the conversation but think of like we already have Biafra.
[/s]

Ur not more Biafran than I.

People refer to me on this site as IPOB.

U are not more Biafran than Nnamdi Kanu but he had the common sense to know where our mutual interest in the entire eastern region lies.

Aside the fact that...

1 Like

Re: . by hammer6F: 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
International AIRPORT at Enugu.

Deep seaport at Opobo Rivers.

Ndiigbo will be happy to utilise the Deep seaport in Rivers and Airport in Enugu.

We are not coming to Port Harcourt for Airport.

1 Like

Re: . by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:09pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:
International AIRPORT at Enugu.

Deep seaport at Opobo Rivers.

Ndiigbo will be happy to utilise the Deep seaport in Rivers and Airport in Enugu.

We are not coming to Port Harcourt for Airport.
mr man. This people are with iyc... Oguta and Azumini river port with a cargo airport is enough for Ndiigbo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
meccuno:
Buhari was never a toxic igbo hater? are you kidding me??

If Buhari resents Igbo people today, he is only human. I can't see any evidence that Buhari had a particular dislike for Igbos before 2015 elections. Sure, I thought he was your typical Fulani-Muslim ethnocentrist. But there was no indication he had a specific dislike of Ndigbo. If his previous alliances with Igbo running mates had succeed, we might be profiting as partners in a governing coalition today.
It was Igbos that ran stark, raving mad when Buhari defeated GEJ. Not even the Niger Delta - not even GEJ's Ijaw kin - reacted so viscerally and emotionally and bitterly to Buhari's emergence as Ndigbo did. I read unbelievable derogatory hate speech against the guy everywhere I looked. Then Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB came with their own brand of lunacy to further heat up the polity.

It might have even been tolerable if the bitterness against Buhari came from the Igbo elite, but it was a grassroots driven movement. I couldn't understand how we whipped ourselves up into such a hateful frenzy during and after the 2015 elections. I was basically a pre-school toddler at the time, but I'm not even sure Yorubas were that bitter when Abiola's election victory was annulled and he was thrown in jail. I still can't understand the root of such visceral hatred of Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: . by hammer6F: 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
mr man. This people are with iyc... Oguta and Azumini river port with a cargo airport is enough for Ndiigbo.

It is high time they get an invite by Ohanaeze and became members.

There people speak Igbo. They have an Igbo history.

Or is Jaja of Opobo an Ijaw man?

At the abolition of slavery, those two island became home to Igbo slaves not carried to the Caribbean islands.

1 Like

Re: . by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

At the abolition of slavery, those two island became home to Igbo slaves not carried to the Caribbean islands.

lol what are you going to woo them with? Political appointments or what?..Mr man develop Azumini and oguta and remove ur eye from ss. What the heck do u peeps see in this ss. U peeps should mind una self

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by hammer6F: 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
lol what are you going to woo them with? Political appointments or what?..Mr man develop Azumini and oguta and remove ur eye from ss. What the heck do u peeps see in this ss. U peeps should mind una self

How did u wooo them to build port harcourt airport that they are shoving down our throats.

Who will benefit from the jobs at the deep seaport?

All we care about is where to go and carry our goods.

If fact as soon as they arrive, they should be transferred into a smaller ship and dispatched to our various River port from Abia, to Imo, Anambra and of course Kogi.

See me see trouble oOO.

As for the Igbo speaking islands, they really need to join Ohanaeze, becos they are igbo people taken during slavery.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:29pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

This is the issue I have with us. We don't make research about these people. We just stay at the comfort of our rooms and start drawing maps and reaching conclusions.

Newsflash:
Opobo and Bonny people are proud Ijaw people.
They are members of INC and IYC.
Their mindset towards Ndiigbo isn't different from that of an Okrika or Kalabari man.
You will know this, if you can just search for Bonny or Opobo online forums and join, if you are not opportuned to visit those islands.

Let's stop this desperation and mockery of Ndiigbo . It's embarrassing.

3 Likes

Re: . by hammer6F: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

This is the issue I have with us. We don't make research about these people. We just stay at the comfort of our rooms and start drawing maps and reaching conclusions.

Newsflash:
Their mindset towards Ndiigbo isn't different from that of an Okrika or Kalabari man.
You will know this, if you can just search for Bonny or Opobo online forums and join, if you are not opportuned to visit those islands.

But they have Igbo origin or am i wrong?

They are slaves taken from Igbo land and left on the island at the end of the transatlantic slave trade.

Is it not time u go and collect ur brothers?
Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
hammer6F:

But they have Igbo origin or am i wrong?

They are slaves taken from Igbo land and left on the island at the end of the transatlantic slave trade.

Is it not time u go and collect ur brothers?

They don't consider you brothers. I don't really care about what origin they have. Most of them claim Ibani (Ijaw)origin .
They are not objects for you to go and collect. They are humans, and most of them are highly educated.

Seriously, let's stop discussing about those people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by hammer6F: 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

They don't consider you brothers. I don't really care about what origin they have. Most of them claim Ibani (Ijaw)origin .
They are not objects for you to go and collect. They are humans, and most of them are highly educated.

Seriously, let's stop discussing about those people.

I am sorry but I think the onus is on us to first recognise them regardless of whose ox is gored.

Remind them of who they are and invite them back home.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:37pm On Oct 10, 2018
ghostfacekillar:

Thank you for seeing my point.
Re: . by horsepower101: 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
ghostfacekillar:

thank you once again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by hammer6F: 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
This is where Ijaw got their dressing.

They got it from an Igbo man, that spoke Igbo and English

Jaja of Opobo

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Newsflash:

Thanks for telling him that. That's why he wasn't understanding me at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.